Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:27 AM

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me (23132 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by ProfSule(m): 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
Those kind of women are not my type.

1TrippleCee:
When one marries a strong minded woman, marriage becomes a drill. That's why many men turn to wood internally after a while. The woman thinks her husband is her competition she can rubbish anyhow
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by IjebuWarrior: 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
angry
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Jalaw: 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
She has a stronger mental energy than you do.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Advertisershubs(f): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was that she relating an issue by using my mum
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

So when we came back I informed her that I am annoyed with what she said.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

I told I'm not but she decided not to apologize for that.

After two days our communication has not been normal and it only greetings.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

We have not been in good terms since then,

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?

For The Sake of Love, She's Supposed To Apologize To You. It won't remove anything from her. That's Humility.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Ijaya123: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
Mhizzard:
Some women are opportune to have head but unfortunate to have no cap.i understand her being adamant for not seeking apology.she feel she is not wrong for comparing herself to your mother.you are someone who somewhat value respect&honour which you wife disregard that. you need to calmly sit her down and tell her you detest such statement so heartedly,that if such happen next time she won't like your reaction.

How many times is he supposed to sir her down to express his displeasure to such statement?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Wallade(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?

Brother, this is rather petty issue. In fact, it is not an issue, forget about the dispute and move on.

Buy some Barbecue fish, Shawarma and Wine. Take it home, play some romantic music and create a lively mood with your wife.

Let it slide Abeg!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by jiz: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
In home settings,he who apologize first is the strongest
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Advertisershubs(f): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
1TrippleCee:
When one marries a strong minded woman, marriage becomes a drill. That's why many men turn to wood internally after a while. The woman thinks her husband is her competition she can rubbish anyhow

You are quite right. Women should be submissive to their husbands. That's The Way The Family And Wealth Grows!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Wallade(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm talking about my wife, not your wife.
Your wife can say whatever she likes to you, or your relatives. That's your cup of tea and it has nothing to do with me.
What I know is, ain't no wife of mine gon' speak to my relative disrespectfully. That's not my world.

If all the "op" said is exactly what transpired. I did not notice any disrespectful utterance to her husband's relatives and mother.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by TheGift: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

See rubbish wey you Dey type
What is the rubbish there? He clearly did not have a superior argument to his wife’s point. But rather than accept it, he is offended because of his fragile ego.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by CoronaVirusPro: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
Marry a second wife!

Men with one wives don't live long!

Polygamy creates competition and brings out the best in women.

If you were a polygamist, you would have been spending quality time with the second and third wife, and she would have known her place.

I didn't say you should have a side-chick. I mean marry

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by benqo01(m): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

You are quite a sensitive man sha because this issue is a very light one to me. She is only saying that you love your mum more so no offense there BC it's normally true & she is probably jealous.

Why should she apologize for stating her observation?

For me the wife should apologize she shouldn't utter such statement,what has the issue got to the with the mother?

Abeg make we dey reason atimes
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by EleventhWeirdo: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is wrong with mentioning his mother?

If OP doesn't want his mother mentioned at all in his marriage then OP should cut his mom off completely so she holds no place at all in his life and his marriage. You can't make a god out of a human being, and cause that god to feature in the lives of others around you, while expecting them not to mention the place that god occupies. It doesn't work that way. undecided

Your own thinking is often off track. You need to understand that people have their sensitivities that they would like others to respect. Call it weakness or whatever. If the guy doesn't want his mom referenced or used as a topic during a discord, why can't the wife respect that? The only problem would be if the man does that to others' moms but doesn't tolerate that. Being spouses doesn't mean you have the right to every bit of my existence. No, marraige itself is contractual and dealings in it must be consensual!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Emma1Oj(m): 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

You are quite a sensitive man sha because this issue is a very light one to me. She is only saying that you love your mum more so no offense there BC it's normally true & she is probably jealous.

observation or no observation, she must apologize. We the real men don't care. And she must had some cash to the apology.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by 1TrippleCee: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2023
Advertisershubs:

You are quite right. Women should be submissive to their husbands. That's The Way The Family And Wealth Grows!

I am not quit right. I am RIGHT. I have seen a lady came to a church I worship for example, praying fr husband. I asked her out, within weeks, i spotted competitiveness, I work with Elumelu up close bla bla bla, Who and whom do you roll it, how much is your worth ? I am more astute than you

I codedly changed my number and walked away like i was never there !

Relationship is about deliberate choice and then act matured, not to bring secondary school competition carry over.

Funny enough, I'm leagues ahead of her in every department but never showed it.

I hear she's looking for me all over NOW !

Some people are so high quality, they can't be replaced easily. Btw, you have a nice body physique!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by boxypane(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
This things don cause many divorce. Let's take it easy.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by free2ryhme: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

how old are you
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by coputa(m): 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

As a man of the house what do you want to do with apologies, maybe she has apologized through her actions but you kept a blind eye.

Please it's not every single action of a woman that you will take seriously or else you will crumble your home.

As a man in the house,there are a lot of things you have to tolerate.

Be careful.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by TheGift: 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
Advertisershubs:

Ephesians 5:21-

SUBMIT YOURSELVES ONE TO ANOTHER because of your reverence for Christ. Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband has authority over his wife just as Christ has authority over the church; and Christ is himself the Saviour of the church, his body. And so wives must submit completely to their husbands just as the church submits itself to Christ. HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIVES just as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.

How exactly shoUld she submit by accepting that she offended him just because he feels offended? Should she Submit to his tantrums and childish feelingsz

It’s so easy to say a woman should submit. But the scripture says we should submit one to to another and husbands should love their wives as Christ loved the church, you cannot love as Christ does loves without submitting your self, Will and ego . Is the OP being loving to his wife by letting his emotions rule their relationship? No!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by clems88(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
Wife and mother matter is a very sensitive one that a person has to be careful about, if not it will always bring problems. I always ignore my wife if such comes up. When she complains or says something that maybe annoying about my mum or sisters, I'll just ignore it because me no get time for all kinda wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by optimusprime2(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
It's marriages like this that easily break when they are subjected to japa situations...

Please sir, if your marriage means anything to you, no follow people talk japa matter.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Lovestrong(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

go to court
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by fabolouz1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2023
Why are you bringing it to the public glare?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by correctguy101(m): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:

Next time switch off your data if you have nothing reasonable to contribute

It’s not your fault that you have a low IQ and find it hard to comprehend simple English…..we understand with you

Com'on don't take the guy serious...

It's an anonymous forum.

At worse, just blame it on the "Alcohol". grin

Me finds apology situations awkward. If this couple are keeping to themselves over something so elementary, how have they been living since?

If they've been doing well together, what went wrong to warrant such disregard for the other's feelings?

See, bros, check again, there's a hole in this ship that needs fixing else it'll sink.

This one na problem? The both of you should go and siddon one place. Enjoyment don erode una feelings for una selves...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by clems88(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
coputa:
As a man of the house what do you want to do with apologies, maybe she has apologized through her actions but you kept a blind eye.

Please it's not every single action of a woman that you will take seriously or else you will crumble your home.

As a man in the house,there are a lot of things you have to tolerate.

Be careful.
Women find it difficult to say sorry if they are wrong . Most times I just say my mind and let it rest after vexing of not receiving a common sorry

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Offpointng: 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm talking about my wife, not your wife.
Your wife can say whatever she likes to you, or your relatives. That's your cup of tea and it has nothing to do with me.
What I know is, ain't no wife of mine gon' speak to my relative disrespectfully. That's not my world.

Love me strong man like this. That's the mantra strong man. No one's got the right whatsoever to talk down on ur family

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Qatar2022: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

Woman wrapper I bet you she will do the worst since you don't take action
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

BABIES IN MARRIAGE, WAITING FOR ONE PARTY TO APPOLOGIES OVER AN IRRELIVANT ISSUES.

THE DAY I STOPED PICKING FAULT FROM MY PARTNER, WAS THE DAY I STARTED HAVING PEACE IN MY MARRIAGE, WHEN MY WIFE DOES ANYTHING WHICH I THINK IS WRONG, I DONT WAIT TILL THE NEXT HOUR, I CAUSION HER INSTANTLY, AND WE BOTH ADMIT OUT FAULTS AND MOVE ON WITH LIFE.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by stormborn28(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

That is how it starts. She will use her mum as a reference next time if she is not caution now
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by toprealman: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

Stop telling people to apologize to you. Be Lear with your intentions and leave it at that.
Was she the type to stick to her ways without any form of compromise during courtship or whatever you guys did prior to living as a couple?
Some will finally backtrack later at an undefined timeframe.
If she was like this before and you now expect her to change, consider your blood pressure.
If she is has changed from good to bad…look inwards, you need some soul searching to do.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Offpointng: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
bigpicture001:

my ex gf is like dat..always trying to outdo u...and never apologises...sh chases fter high professional guyz who sh equally flaunts her own success and is fast to mk them realise sh will not b a liability...yet, doctors, bankers , oil workers and FG staffs sh has all orchestrated systematically and dated, have dumped her...

most citing nothing..just dt thry cant matry her..babe is now 32 nd was the first at shiloh last month..dou time still dey to amend...

marriage is simply live and sacrifice no b about money or achievement....

ladies just wont learn

I feel she never change and trust me, she go still nak 40 for house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart? / 9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.