Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,824 members, 7,902,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night (31409 Views)

Police Arrest Lebanese Who Drove Recklessly And Crushed A Girl's Leg In Lagos / Driver Refused A Lady Seat In Front Of Car At Peace Park Afikpo, Ebonyi (Photos) / APM Bus Crushed A Man’s Leg Today In Ogun State [viewer's Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Azazyel: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
I grew up in Lagos and I can say for a fact that most lagosians are very impatient. They rush to do everything and the results are usually fatal. Waiting for few minutes would not kill you. Once they see you doing things in a careful manner, they'll tag you as mumu. Same thing that killed many people during that Ikeja bomblast years ago
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by frozen70(f): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2023
Foxie:
Last night a vehicle carrying 4 persons had a near death experience as they tried to cross the railway, while there was an oncoming train headed towards Mushin tollgate axis.

The vehicle tried to cross before the train got close, not knowing it was already in front of the train. The car was badly damaged. The occupants of the car were 3 men and a lady. The lady was badly wounded and was immediately rushed to the hospital.

Please let's be careful out there, let's not always be in a hurry. Try to be observant when driving or walking on the road.

People are not even aware that a train has an inbuilt magnet that draws anything close to it to avoid the train having a collision

So the train magnet will draw that metal object, crush it and move on because its already on motion and can't just stop because it's already programmed to stop where it's meant to stop
We must be aware of this

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by arthurwillia(m): 1:59am On Jan 01
I was seriously thinking about this today when I saw roads built under train track in Uk, how come our Naija people can’t do that? Na wa o
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by ccollins(m): 2:27am On Jan 01
Foxie:
Last night a vehicle carrying 4 persons had a near death experience as they tried to cross the railway, while there was an oncoming train headed towards Mushin tollgate axis.

The vehicle tried to cross before the train got close, not knowing it was already in front of the train. The car was badly damaged. The occupants of the car were 3 men and a lady. The lady was badly wounded and was immediately rushed to the hospital.

Please let's be careful out there, let's not always be in a hurry. Try to be observant when driving or walking on the road.
u mean lagosians becos that’s where these kinds of levels of insanity are likely to occur.anyway.how are u doing
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by huntax(m): 6:27am On Jan 01
Jogs1900:

Can't the government do something on that road to stop these?.. May God see us through in 2023 and beyond.

So the government are in charge of patience abi?
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by BALLOSKI: 7:17am On Jan 01
tyup:
There's this thing bout Impatience that when it goes all belly up, that little time you're not willing to sacrifice, you'll spend more of it when the worse happen

Now look at this, just 10min wait/patience that they din have will result to a forced patience of weeks in the hospital.

I remember then when we use cross the road at school, I use to tell myself if I can't have a lil patience to see the road clear bfr I cross and motor jam me, that patience I don't have, I will have it by force to construct my body part into it's original form.

Nigerians always have patience
Fact!
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Fantazy(m): 12:38pm On Jan 01
But the train suppose hold brake for the car to pass na. E don injure the innocent car occupants now.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Lovechyld101(m): 1:21pm On Jan 01
The car must have been on AC with noise canceling and music high. Just relaying on horn is not enough and automatic road block should be in place minutes to the train passing the bypass.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Sleekfingers: 1:49pm On Jan 01
Jogs1900:

Can't the government do something on that road to stop these?.. May God see us through in 2023 and beyond.

Can't people be patient? Most Nigerians and their hurry hurry and inbuilt foolishness....
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Sleekfingers: 1:50pm On Jan 01
GloriousGbola:
i cannot feel sympathy for idiots who cannot wait for a train to pass.

You made a valid point....
I don't pity fools.......
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Sleekfingers: 1:56pm On Jan 01
rickleye:

This is a simply solution. I don’t know this Ilupeju crossings but
1. Hire 4 personnel 2 12 hours shifts. Whenever they hear the train alarm signal . They literally stand with a sign saying stop till the train passes.

Naso dem dey do for France and Germany abi?
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by rickleye: 3:50pm On Jan 01
Sleekfingers:

Naso dem dey do for France and Germany abi?

You comparing us to France and Germany is laughable bro.
Compare to neighbouring West African countries first. If Naija value life we won’t be driving the way we do and behaving the way we do. At Ojuelegba there is a barricade preventing trucks from taking the overpass . Every week a “ smart Naija “ driver drives past and destroys it. Without a human deterrent . Most Lagosians will misbehave.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by rickleye: 3:52pm On Jan 01
lordm:
people still don't obey traffic warden and traffic light. Some people are supposed to drive

I hear you - aren’t supposed to. But the passengers Nko ? I mean if you have a group of lasma . People would smarten up !
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by TrumpDonald2: 5:55pm On Jan 01
Patience is truly a virtue
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Foxie: 10:59am On Jan 02
erico2k2:

I don't know that place but if I may ask, is it a designated crossing point for cars?
Yes please.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Foxie: 11:00am On Jan 02
EbenezerTriumph:
I bet that guy only read your headline and didn't go through the contentgrin
Typical of some Nigerians! Lol
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Jan 02
Foxie:
Yes please.
O dear

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Foxie: 11:08am On Jan 02
ccollins:
u mean lagosians becos that’s where these kinds of levels of insanity are likely to occur.anyway.how are u doing
lol. I'm very well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Reasons Why Italy Is The Most Racist Nation In The Western World. / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / Bayelsa Helicopter Crash: Chopper Exploded Before Crashing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.