Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,217 members, 7,887,581 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:53 AM

Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 - Business (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 (174633 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by GabsonFX2: 3:44pm On May 29
If today closes bearish, I'm going on a standby for about 3 to 5days.

Hopefully, not up to that.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by DXYY: 4:42pm On May 29
DXYY:
UsOil

Bought

SL; 76.383

Tp1; 86

Tp2; 92

Risk; 0.34

Closed at 39 pips profit
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by DXYY: 4:51pm On May 29
AUDUSD

Sold

Sl; 0.66836

Tp1; 0.64

Tp2; 0.60
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Succhrisfx: 5:25pm On May 29
Consistency!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Cashhy11: 5:34pm On May 29
Pondabrown:

Quick question Cashy, why do you use stop orders instead of limit orders? Cus I have noticed it when you post your chart entries.
The method I currently trade now is purely continuation pattern. So in case I might not be online when market wanna breeze through my zone, buy/sell stop will help pick it along.

Like this GU trade here, I already set a sell stop before I went offline, I didn't know what I came back to do online. So I deleted it and wanted to wait for the candle closure, only for the candle to close 15pips away from me. Couldn't enter anymore. See the result below. This week ehn. I no go talk.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Cashhy11: 5:36pm On May 29
This week ehn, my eyes don see shege, shege don see me. Missing winning trades entry, the ones I'm online to pick up, na those ones want to dance to stoploss. Thank God for trade management skill.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Cashhy11: 5:39pm On May 29
All the trades taken this week so far. Not a bad one if you asked me. But it could have been better. God knows I'm not trading on Friday this week. Once I can't find reasonable opportunities tomorrow, I close the warehouse for the week and we open again next week.

Breakeven don do me shege banza.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Theophinio(m): 5:42pm On May 29
Emmizay12:

Let me share you my experience,,, I quit my Bank job for Forex sept 2022, did I regret it? Hell no!!!!

I am a strong believer of financial independence.
Did I successfully become a day trader? Hell no

When I quit my job, I quickly discovered that I was not as skilled as much as I thought I was, I fully spent 1 year on Forex like dedicated my life to forex for 1 full year. I was footing my bills and also trading with my savings through that year and I fully respect myself for how I was able to handle everything without going to zero before getting another Job even though I was losing money constantly

Did I regret my actions,,,, no!!!!!!!!!! Inshort I should have resigned earlier, because right now I know exactly what to expect and what I need to succeed as a full time day trader because I have firsthand experience,

Crazy how I have a job which pays me higher than my previous job but the amount of USD I can afford is way less than what I used to buy when I was jobless

Sir. Which broker are you trading with
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Pondabrown: 5:53pm On May 29
Cashhy11:
The method I currently trade now is purely continuation pattern. So in case I might not be online when market wanna breeze through my zone, buy/sell stop will help pick it along.

Like this GU trade here, I already set a sell stop before I went offline, I didn't know what I came back to do online. So I deleted it and wanted to wait for the candle closure, only for the candle to close 15pips away from me. Couldn't enter anymore. See the result below. This week ehn. I no go talk.

Thanks for the explanation, bro.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Succhrisfx: 6:15pm On May 29
Succhrisfx:
Buy USDCAD
Entry: 1.3625
Sl: 1.3604
Tp: 1.3825

UPDATE.

Trade is up +90Pips. An extra of 110pips is needed before tp is reached. I’m anticipating a retracement by tomorrow or Friday, before a further push.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Succhrisfx: 6:27pm On May 29
Succhris:
Buy silver 30.44 sl 30.01 tp 32.45

UPDATE.

Trade is up +170pips. Tp might come in at Asia. There’s potential to the upside.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Cashhy11: 8:09pm On May 29
ICTcadet:

This is a St*pid question, I hate when people ask me this question it means they don't know sh*t about trading.
Not a stupid question, it's the miseducation from the onset that caused it. Must you catch 1000pips to become profitable? No! Just be right more times than you're wrong, and you're good to go even if you trade a 1:1rr.

@thread
I just need a simple answer to one question.
Trader A:
Risks 15pips to catch 45pips, average trades per month: 12.
Win rate: 50%

Trader B: Risks 80pips to catch 240pips, average trades per month: 5.
Win rate 60%

Who's the better trader, and more likely to yield more return at the end of the year?

To my bosses, @infofirst, & @gabsonfx2. I would like to hear your opinions on this. I know Boss info is a strict #team higher pips with lower lots.
I'm just curious as to why most people frowns so much at day trading, while swing trading is more respected among "professionals"
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by DXYY: 9:28pm On May 29
Cashhy11:
Not a stupid question, it's the miseducation from the onset that caused it. Must you catch 1000pips to become profitable? No! Just be right more times than you're wrong, and you're good to go even if you trade a 1:1rr.

@thread
Trader A:

Win rate 60%

Who's the better trader, and more likely to yield more return at the end of the year?

To my bosses, @infofirst, & @gabsonfx2. I would like to hear your opinions on this. I know Boss info is a strict #team higher pips with lower lots.
I'm just curious as to why most people frowns so much at day trading, while swing trading is more respected among "professionals"

Am not too good with math but I think using the same lot size trader B is more likely to get more returns due to his win percentage since both are operating in a 1-3 RR,

However swing trading has some advantages

1) it gives peace of mind ( if trader B place a trade and watches the market do its thing trader B would have entered And gone out of the same particular trade more than 5 times

2) Swing trading is stress free

3) you will have time for other things like your job.

All these are just my thought though, at the end of the day na evidence matter.

What an educative question, weldone

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Cashhy11: 9:52pm On May 29
DXYY:

Am not too good with math but I think using the same lot size trader B is more likely to get more returns due to his win percentage since both are operating in a 1-3 RR,

1) it gives peace of mind ( if trader B place a trade and watches the market do its thing trader B would have entered And gone out of the same particular trade more than 5 times

Trader B will definitely yield more return if they both used the same lot sizes. But remember trader B will also have higher drawdowns when the losing streak comes knocking as a disadvantage of the huge stoploss required to swing comfortably. One 80pips SL loss on Trader B account, is more than 15pips SL x 5 = 75pips of trader A.

Also, about the stress-free aspect: The day trader might just decides to trade only 2days out of the 5trading days of the week, and have the rest of the three days to do other things too. Doing that alone, the stress part has been combated.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Jameselias: 9:55pm On May 29
Hahahahaha 🤣

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Succhrisfx: 9:55pm On May 29
“By default, only selected few will be at the top of their career. Or be in the middle class and above. There is no spirituality or level of work that will change that. But the good thing is that, most of us have the ability to determine where we can be in the pyramid of life and only few have no control over that and example is that child born with all form of disabilities you can think of.
Impatience, indiscipline, greediness name it makes it almost impossible for most of us to explore the potentials we have.
There will be many losers in fx just as it is in life. It is not a curse. It is law of nature.
If every man is awarded $1billion today with no inflation. In less than one month... There will be millions of men with nothing to their name again.
Do you know how many millions tried to have a site like nairaland but never made it. Is it safe for me to say that trying to be a blogger or website owner is a mission impossible?

Forex trading is profitable. But 1% or less traders will be profitable from it.
Medicine is profitable but less than 1% will be able to become medical doctor........
It is what it is.“

-Infofirst

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by DXYY: 10:03pm On May 29
Cashhy11:
Trader B will definitely yield more return if they both used the same lot sizes. But remember trader B will also have higher drawdowns when the losing streak comes knocking as a disadvantage of the huge stoploss required to swing comfortably. One 80pips SL loss on Trader B account, is more than 15pips SL x 5 = 75pips of trader A.

Also, about the stress-free aspect: The day trader might just decides to trade only 2days out of the 5trading days of the week, and have the rest of the three days to do other things too. Doing that alone, the stress part has been combated.

You are right on the stress free aspect, but about the SL that's where risk management comes in, trader B can risk 80 pips and still lose the same amount of money as trader A with 15pips.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by GarkiAccessory(m): 10:07pm On May 29
Please fam just take a good look at Dow Jones (US30).

Casshy11 🙏 weldone Boss
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by susaeta: 10:13pm On May 29
If you’re using Deriv to trade, you can fund your account with as low as $1 and also withdraw from your account as low as $1. Very swift and smooth. Agent is tested and trusted. Chat me up on telegram @dchossen1 for the group linK.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by GabsonFX2: 11:24pm On May 29
grin

samfelly:

It will, indeed, take 2 years (in support with Gabsonfx2's point). Then we go add Anger Management sessions join am cheesy
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by TradingGod: 11:40pm On May 29
Succhrisfx:
“By default, only selected few will be at the top of their career. Or be in the middle class and above. There is no spirituality or level of work that will change that. But the good thing is that, most of us have the ability to determine where we can be in the pyramid of life and only few have no control over that and example is that child born with all form of disabilities you can think of.
Impatience, indiscipline, greediness name it makes it almost impossible for most of us to explore the potentials we have.
There will be many losers in fx just as it is in life. It is not a curse. It is law of nature.
If every man is awarded $1billion today with no inflation. In less than one month... There will be millions of men with nothing to their name again.
Do you know how many millions tried to have a site like nairaland but never made it. Is it safe for me to say that trying to be a blogger or website owner is a mission impossible?

Forex trading is profitable. But 1% or less traders will be profitable from it.
Medicine is profitable but less than 1% will be able to become medical doctor........
It is what it is.“

-Infofirst

I don't believe this take at all

Anybody can be successful in any career if they put the required work in

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by GabsonFX2: 11:54pm On May 29
It's long but digest it kiss
The answer is in DXYY. See below, I will add.

First is: The both traders will apply very different risk/money management in the form of lot size. They can never ever be the same, which simply means they both risk same amount in value not pips.

E.g., For a $1K personal account.

If A uses 0.5 lots,he risks $75 on each trade. That's just 7.5% loss.

Trader B would have (must) to use 0.09 lots to risk same $75, loss 7.5%.

Trading style (scalp, day, swing, position) should never be the reason anyone crashed an account cos risk/money management has to be adjusted as per each. The above example is an ideal case and that's what I will use if I'm to be a trader A or B. Any of the two has a tendency to be profitable, there is no better one.

However, if the both traders trade, the win rate you gave B is more than A, which makes your example a biased one, therefore making B profitable in the long. But say they both have same win rate 50%, the fact that they trade RRR higher than 1 to 1. They will again be both profitable, none is better than the other.

All said: one thing that will distinguish them for sure and in the long is edge. In all you do: edge is No. 1, if you like, apply the best risk money management, use 0.01 lot size on a $10,000 account - without an edge, you will still blow that account, it may just take time, but eventually, you will blow the account. So I will say: first thing is to have an edge: KNOW HOW TO TRADE!

Psychology is nothing to me: your edge builds your Psychology, edge makes you money, edge is what tells you when to go in and out or standby. Psychology feeds on your edge.

Above all: B would be more profitable cos he naturally is a swing trader and taking 5 trades per month is just the optimum required of him, however, A is naturally a day trader and can be a scalper in big events, 12 trades in a month is not reaching the optimum number of trade for that style, this simply means: A wil be losing out on many trade opportunities trading 12 per month.

Selah!

Cashhy11:

@thread
Trader A:

Win rate 60%

DXYY:

5 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Succhrisfx: 12:24am On May 30
“To become a profitable trader, you MUST know how to trade”

-Gabsonfx 2024

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Succhrisfx: 12:27am On May 30
Presently, I’m having a short bias on gold. Waiting for a retracement to 2354 region with a valid confirmation to go short.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Cashhy11: 2:20am On May 30
GabsonFX2:

All said: one thing that will distinguish them for sure and in the long is edge. In all you do: edge is No. 1, if you like, apply the best risk money management, use 0.01 lot size on a $10,000 account - without an edge, you will still blow that account, it may just take time, but eventually, you will blow the account. So I will say: first thing is to have an edge: KNOW HOW TO TRADE!

Psychology is nothing to me: your edge builds your Psychology, edge makes you money, edge is what tells you when to go in and out or standby. Psychology feeds on your edge.

Selah!

This man ehn🤐. You don't know how privileged I feel hearing ideas from you. People pay alot just to have questions like this answered by someone like you. Thanks once again bosse🙌

Note: Psychology feeds on edge.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Cashhy11: 2:32am On May 30
I'm online, and this just crossed my eyeing zone, so I shorted it already. Hopefully I wake up to blues and not red. I only risked 0.5% on this, took two trades at Tokyo session this week already with 0.2%, and they both turned out green. So I've increased to 0.5% on this.

There's USD news at 1:30pm and 3pm today, so today's trading opportunities are already limited since I don't have open trades before, during and immediately after news event. It just made sense to take this and call it a week, since it passed all the criteria.

1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by FXcandles(m): 3:06am On May 30
US crude oil prices fell yesterday from a high of 80.38 to a low of 78.79. Oil prices are still having difficulty maintaining the 80 price level, which is a psychological level near the upper band line.

A number of analysts estimate that the decline in oil prices is related to Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashari's hawkish comments, which predict that there is a chance of the Fed increasing interest rates. High interest rates can hinder economic growth and reduce oil demand. Minneapolis Fed Bank President Neel Kashkari said in an interview with CNBC broadcast, "I think the chances of us raising interest rates are pretty low, but I don't want to take any risks."

CME FedWatch data shows a decrease in the chances of the central bank lowering interest rates from the previous 57.5% to 46%, reflecting that investors' confidence in the FED will reduce interest rates is starting to fade.

The market now is still waiting for the OPEC+ meeting which will be held on June 2, which will likely maintain the policy of limiting production to support crude oil prices.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by LincolnOnyeabor: 3:10am On May 30
If GabsonFX2 explains something to you and you don't understand it, omo your case go need SPECIAL MOUNTAIN PRAYERS ON LIKE 7 HILLS AND 15 MOUNTAINS oo

See explanations fa.

Na that edge now I dey work on.

Let me discover myself in this Space.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by DXYY: 5:10am On May 30
GabsonFX2:
The answer is in DXYY. See below, I will add.

First is: The both traders will apply very different risk/money management in the form of lot size. They can never ever be the same, which simply means they both risk same amount in value not pips.

E.g., For a $1K personal account.

If A uses 0.5 lots,he risks $75 on each trade. That's just 7.5% loss.

Trader B would have (must) to use 0.09 lots to risk same $75, loss 7.5%.

Trading style (scalp, day, swing, position) should never be the reason anyone crashed an account cos risk/money management has to be adjusted as per each. The above example is an ideal case and that's what I will use if I'm to be a trader A or B. Any of the two has a tendency to be profitable, there is no better one.

However, if the both traders trade, the win rate you gave B is more than A, which makes your example a biased one, therefore making B profitable in the long. But say they both have same win rate 50%, the fact that they trade RRR higher than 1 to 1. They will again be both profitable, none is better than the other.

Above all: B would be more profitable cos he naturally is a swing trader and taking 5 trades per month is just the optimum required of him, however, A is naturally a day trader and can be a scalper in big events, 12 trades in a month is not reaching the optimum number of trade for that style, this simply means: A wil be losing out on many trade opportunities trading 12 per month.

Selah!

Weldone boss, awesome
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by BinaryRocks: 5:29am On May 30
GabsonFX2:
In all you do: edge is No. 1, if you like, apply the best risk money management, use 0.01 lot size on a $10,000 account - without an edge, you will still blow that account, it may just take time, but eventually, you will blow the account. So I will say: first thing is to have an edge: KNOW HOW TO TRADE!

Selah!

FACT!

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Donsheddy: 6:43am On May 30
Gold screaming selll... And dump

2288 in view

If they break past 2260
Then 2085 is also in view
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by GabsonFX2: 6:51am On May 30
This week trades, attached.

Gold is making another swing short attempt after many tries since Feb 13, I have shorted with SL at 300 pips gap....swing trading.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (323) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga's House In BANANA ISLAND, Lagos (Photo) / Say No To Aliexpress And Alibaba Importation (But Other Great Chinese Sites). / Businesses That Will Give You A Meaningful Income Flow Continually

Viewing this topic: dmahn(m), a4jasper(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.