Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks (14068 Views)

Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies / Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils / COVID-19: States Plan Tough Enforcement As New Cases Surge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by BigBashiru: 2:21pm On Jan 26
Lawalemi:
Take it easy with people, abeg. Some persons business are killed by this arbitrary prohibition.
Give time for manufacturers to stop production.
Same manner you arbitrarily killed Gokada, Opay and Max
Gokada especially.

1 Like

Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Sleekfingers: 2:43pm On Jan 26
Lawalemi:
Take it easy with people, abeg. Some persons business are killed by this arbitrary prohibition.
Give time for manufacturers to stop production.
Same manner you arbitrarily killed Gokada, Opay and Max

Three weeks is more than enough......they used stop producing it and switch to government-approved recyclable packs.
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Sleekfingers: 2:43pm On Jan 26
Nyanabo:
What other options are available in the markets?

There are lots of other options.....
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Sleekfingers: 2:48pm On Jan 26
yinkeys:
Why the sudden ban ?

Do they plan to make theirs from the byproduct (petrochemicals) of the new refinery ?

Shouldn’t they have given 1 year notice, most people survive on informal business & how’d you expect struggling food vendors or takeaway sellers to cope and adapt instantly

Hope this ends well

Three weeks is enough
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by obi58: 4:20pm On Jan 26
adioolayi:
Ban the damn thing and don't look back!!!

Eateries should embrace paper based disposable plates and cups...they are available everywhere!!!

Also, ensure the paper based plates are not covered in wax, it makes the biodegradation faster.

Paper based disposable plates and cups available everywhere..... What a hypocrite!!! Many of you would be happy if Lagos was declared a Sharia state!
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Lawalemi(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26
bionixs:
some senseless, poverty-stricken fellows will keep giving them thumb up.

It is a good development but as you had let it in use for so long, give them some real good time to change or adjust.

My heart was broken some days ago, when Lagos State task force clamped down on Okada riders. By Festac first gate ,where I stopped, I saw over 500 bikes loaded in trucks heading towards Mile 2. The painful part is that the bikes were cease from their owners, right inside the Trade fair complex. They had nothing to do with express or highways. Tomorrow, they will force the victims into kidnapping and Lagos would start to burn

Whao. So unfair to some people. I watched the massive seizure on TV and I wondered if everyone on them could be guilty of contravening Lagos motorcycle law
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Love800(m): 6:22pm On Jan 26
What is paper-base?
Never seen it before.
adioolayi:
Ban the damn thing and don't look back!!!

Eateries should embrace paper based disposable plates and cups...they are available everywhere!!!

Also, ensure the paper based plates are not covered in wax, it makes the biodegradation faster.
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Love800(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26
How does it look like?
stephenponti:

The papper type used by KFC is a good example.
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by stephenponti(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26
Love800:
How does it look like?

Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by SmallmebigGod: 7:47pm On Jan 26
Mansa6:

Commoner!

Remain in your place for life..
The time you register this account shows who you are. Dont just hide under a faceless forum and call people names. Read, learn and engage sensibly please
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Mansa6: 8:45pm On Jan 26
SmallmebigGod:

The time you register this account shows who you are. Dont just hide under a faceless forum and call people names. Read, learn and engage sensibly please

You are a COMMONER!
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Ndleabilli: 9:05pm On Jan 26
Christlike01:

Lagos must be sanitized, it's a top priority. Those who are not comfortable with that can relocate back to their villages, it's not a must to live in Lagos !

and its not beneficial to this werey o. Keep supporting your oppressor. You think you're lagosian than myself? Dey play

Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by SmallmebigGod: 1:21am On Jan 27
Mansa6:

You are a COMMONER!

And you?
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Mansa6: 4:43am On Jan 27
SmallmebigGod:

And you?

Gaa jugodi ese...
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Love800(m): 8:11am On Jan 27
Ok.
So dis descomposes fast?
stephenponti:

Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by GloriousGbola: 8:18am On Jan 27
The core problem is that Nigerians themselves are undisciplined and dirty. Walk along any road in lagos and you will see Styrofoam packs everywhere. Your corner corner mamput serves food in Styrofoam packs, which are promptly thrown to the ground. Once it rains the packs will be gathered by floodwater and wind up clogging drains

We have all seen different videos of blocked gutters during heavy rain in lagos.

This has been long overdue
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Christlike01: 11:27am On Jan 27
Ndleabilli:
and its not beneficial to this werey o. Keep supporting your oppressor. You think you're lagosian than myself? Dey play

My point to you was never about whether you're a Lagosian or not,my point was very clear enough;go back to your village if you can't cope with the NEW LAGOS ! Lol,I already know your true identity,the one you're not proud of and desperately want to hide under being "a Lagosian" ,as soon as I saw that phrase that's common to all of you from that side - " You think you're Lagosian than my self" ,lol !

Omo heebo,be true to your own heritage and identity 'cause that's who you are ! You can't come from one godforsaken erosion ravaged land of primitive hinterland bushpeople and you're here claiming that no one is more "Lagosian" than you are ! Mr "Lagosian" from the pit of hell,for how long are you gonna keep running away from your identity even though it's nothing to be proud of ?! You need to check yourself into a nearby psychiatric facility if you think we will allow the lawlessness that's the order of the day in your erosion ravaged land of criminals in any part of Yoruba land.

Your fada dey ment !
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by stephenponti(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27
Love800:
Ok.
So dis descomposes fast?

Yes it's just papper.
Re: Styrofoam Ban: Lagos State Postpones Enforcement By 3 Weeks by Love800(m): 4:35pm On Jan 27
Okay.
Tank u
stephenponti:

Yes it's just papper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Females Having Beards And Moustaches / Young People Must Remain Virgins Until Marriage – Ayade / COVID-19: Oyo Discharges 2, Catches 1 Escapee As Another Absconds To The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.