Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

The Authority To Forgive Sins - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Authority To Forgive Sins (57 Views)

Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / The Authority Of Otem Over Yahweh And Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Authority To Forgive Sins by Dailymemoirs4: 1:48am On Jan 29
Daily Devotionals
Scriptural Compositions
29/1/24

The Authority to Forgive Sins

Seeing their faith Jesus said to the paralysed man ” My son, Your sins are forgiven

Mark 2:5

The story of the paralysed man has two significant things (1) Faith provokes breakthrough 2) Jesus has power to forgive sins. When we need Jesus to help us overcome a difficult situation in our lives or in the life of someone close to us. It is vital that we demonstrate faith.

When Jesus was preaching in Capernaum there was a paralysed man who needed to see Jesus. He was carried to Capernaum by his friends and family and seeing the crowd ordinary he would have given up saying this is not my day. But the faith of his friends was so strong that they carried him through the roof of the building just to see Jesus. Jesus seeing them was impressed by their determination for a breakthrough.

The second aspect was that Jesus didn’t heal him by saying ” Be healed “
Jesus healed him by saying ” Your sins are forgiven. This got the pharisees upset because only God had the power to forgive sins. If Jesus forgave the man his sins then he must be God. This truth did not resonate well with them. They struggled hard to live with the truth that Jesus was God too. But Jesus was God and he deliberately demonstrated this by forgiving the sins of this sick man rather than just saying ” Be healed “

Key Point: Breakthroughs do not happen by Chance people of great faith provoke them by their actions. Jesus has the power to forgive sins too because he is God.

Prayer: Lord give me the determination needed for a breakthrough and forgive me for my sins.

Soibi Versatile is a writer for Jesus Community Network.

(1) (Reply)

Staying Focused / Morning Digest / Living The Victorious Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.