Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,941 members, 7,873,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (22513 Views)

The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ObalendeCMS: 3:05pm On Apr 02
You'll definitely get tired of the woman (pussi).

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by gerizzim: 7:24pm On Apr 04
Money wahala.If the man is not very calculative and discipline with money, he wil find himself borrowing all the time to kip the home running.
Responsibility in d home dat goes wit solving it with money keeps hitting you back to back.to some extent,it bcoms pretty difficult for you to save.

As for the man, he may stay for like 1yr and doesnt buy himself a new t-shirt or jeans trouser because of lots of sacrifice and financial commitment he is making for the home.

Inevitably, sometimes husbandman gets broke. He starts to check the pocket of all his trousers if he could see some little cash he probably forgot . You can call it a life saver money.
At workplace,he bcoms cautious in situations dt wil warrant him a query or been sack because of the big effect his dismissal wil cause his family .
Husbandman absorbs insult from his supervisor or boss even when he is not at fault. He kips swallowing unpleasant incident, psychological and verbal abuse so as to keep his job.
Man is 45yrs. Wife is 25yrs. Irrespective of the age gap between him and his wife, the wife also serve him her own idiosyncrasies at home.
By virtue of marriage, the wife assumes to be equal to the man. ".....foolish man", "...yeye man","...you no get shame", "....idiot","....poor man", ".....I regret marrying you" ".......bla blaaaa blaaa" that is the usual ringtone when her hypothalamus bcoms skewed.

Husband gets cranky when he is broke. He wil keep shouting and complaining repeatedly about Wifey's act of wasting resources in d home. "Your water is boiling. Go and off the gas" , "the gdnut oil you added in the stew is too much. don't you know dt gdnut oil is now vry expensive "

"Husbandman gets caught up in buying wife gift for almost every public holiday. you buy for 1st January, you buy for February 14, you buy for Easter, you buy for mother's day,you buy on her bday, you buy on Christmas day at the request nd reminder of d wife not dt the man intentionally choose to.

Wife allows nacking base on how well husbnd buys her stuffs. sex may bcom like doing husbnd a favor. some husband somtyms practically beg to do sex wit the woman he paid her dowry.
Husbandman is stuck with the ocassional struggle to please inlaw. If you don't send stuffs to inlaw, you are branded a stingy husbnd.
Dia unending manipulation and emotional blackmail crawls into marriage.if husbandman is not the assertive nd firm type, he may be turned to a vegetable by the wife.
Solomonic wisdom needs to be applied once in a while as it is not all misunderstanding dat requires the man to bring out canon to quench it. You ignore some and you respond to some. the man needs to pick nd choose his fight.

e plenty oooo. make local man stop here and sip some burukutu

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Amumaigwe: 10:37pm On Apr 04
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

What will you give her that she multiplies into bastards?

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by NaijaCover(m): 9:30am On Apr 08
Marriage Is Full With Up And Down
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Empresa: 9:31am On Apr 08
If you don't marry your friend, you are doomed for the rest of your life

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by concho(m): 9:32am On Apr 08
She will stop giving you head after a year

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 10thTenthMan: 9:32am On Apr 08
VinnyBaba:

You are forced to smell/inhale your Partner's Farts most times. 😟😌

You are forced to see their Dirty Armpits.😌😌

Marriage is work. Marriage is duty. Marriage must have some elements of self privacy. I dont subscribe to being married and assuming because you are married some things should not be private anymore. Hence there are things I don't advise things like seeing each other poop and pee and so on. No.

Signed

Unaneva C.A. Nything

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Elolam87(m): 9:34am On Apr 08
I understand your fears, a successful marriage is all about accommodating each other differences, and with God on your side, it will work.You cannot afford to be a lone ranger in this world. Even if you decide to stay single now,remember, you will need your immediate family at a point in life.
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Had a similar conversation with a married friend of mine two days ago.. I was complaining about how difficult it has become to find a good woman to marry.... He laughed and said to me --"life after marriage isn't easy at all bro....Most times you just have to accept each other's demon and live to manage dem together"

Omoh,na once I asked myself codedly--"Is marriage really meant for me"? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Dididrumz(m): 9:34am On Apr 08
It will surely get boring every now and then.

I never marry, but I know this.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by FireUpNow(m): 9:39am On Apr 08
Too many lies in marriages today. Paternity fraud up and down. One spouse taking advantage of the other. For me the gain of marriage is kids though there are some marriages that stand the test of time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 9:40am On Apr 08
If you guys would simply just stopped dating those who you don't plan to marry and also stop sleeping with people you don't plan to marry(sex before marriage), alot of marital problems would die cold.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Greenfaces: 9:40am On Apr 08
If you're a man, it will depend on your financial circumstances. If the finances in inadequate, contempt follows, you're highly unappreciated and there is a general resistance to your rights of oversight in the house, very close to what the military would refer to as insorbodination. Finances and health is 99 percent of the marriage for a man. Every other thing is just pretence and window dressing. You really know where you are when you're tested with money issues and it doesn't look like it's going away in a short time

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Think9ja(m): 9:40am On Apr 08
On a Monday morning, this is the rubbish that is making front page. A black man is bereft of ideas and innovation.

It's always sex, relationship, marriage, dating, boyfriend, girlfriend and all sorts of nonsense stuff.

On twitter and Instagram, influencers who talk about these topics get the highest comments, likes and followers

Such a cursed race

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by DeepSight(m): 9:42am On Apr 08
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

This suggests that you think life and the world are fair.

Beware. Shit happens.

Big shit happens.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by SmartMen: 9:42am On Apr 08
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

Aunty Rokiatu, na lie.

First of all, if a woman marries a man she does not like or love, that will be the end of the man.

If he likes, bring heaven to Earth, there is nothing for that man from her.

That’s why I always tell men to avoid such women and verify, double verify that she is interested in them.

A woman who likes and wants a man will not give him many headaches, even when the going gets tough, except the man has always been a nuisance and such a man doesn’t deserve anything from a woman.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ejiakusmith(m): 9:42am On Apr 08
All this men for Nairaland here why una the Jones una sef. ...... As soon 🔜 as the money 💰 comes marry her and keep no mumu ur self looking for Mrs perfect..... No perfect women anywhere pray for God wisdom to live with her till you die ........ Early marriage you train up ur kids in time while you have strong energy and sound brain 🧠🧠🧠... ... Redpillers & feminist make una go marry ..... Stop hiding under fvcking moniker caping nonsense

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by bobbiiee: 9:43am On Apr 08
It's like black market. It made some people, while it destroyed some people.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Appswheel(m): 9:43am On Apr 08
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Olajide200(m): 9:43am On Apr 08
After some years, there will be times you just ask yourself ‘is it even worth it?’

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 9:44am On Apr 08
Think9ja:
On a Monday morning, this is the rubbish that is making front page. A black man is bereft of ideas and innovation.

It's always sex, relationship, marriage, dating, boyfriend, girlfriend and all sorts of nonsense stuff.

On twitter and Instagram, influencers who talk about these topics get the highest comments, likes and followers

Such a cursed race

Are you a white man?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Charly68: 9:45am On Apr 08
Marriage changes your focus as it makes a man to focus more on how to fend for his family and live responsibly. Sexual attention can also shift as attention to make more money preoccupies the heart of a responsible man . Women often don't understand this as they complain of lack of attention even when the man is dying from work overload to take care of the family. This life get as e be sha..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by LaJoe2: 9:45am On Apr 08
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

A Fallacy they've aggressively been trying to sell in this 21st century. You give what is already in you. A Mango tree cannot bear Oranges.
Yes, I'm not unaware that a person can push you to do something out of character especially when done to you consistently over time, but in most cases, a good mature person will react by cutting you off, separating, or walking away.
And even in the case where you clearly pushed them to the wall and they reacted out of character, they will still return and apologize to you to clear their conscience.
There are situations Men gave absolute love and got exploitation to their disadvantage as their reward.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by uuzba(m): 9:45am On Apr 08
Namaster:
1. Sex plummets.

2. Familiarity abounds and contempt follows.

3. Rebellion to prove you are not the boss of her is not unheard of.

4. You could end up raising the bastards of her boss, coworker or ex.

5. More responsibility, FEWER appreciation.

6. Unlimited entitlement.

7. Her family problem is yours to bear and your family should DISAPPEAR.

8. You will NEVER win another argument.

9. You are ALWAYS wrong.

10. You slave and slave and slave for her pleasure.

Know THESE points before marriage and
DON'T marry her.
Run and go.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ppogba: 9:46am On Apr 08
A successful marriage requires just 20 percent of love and 80 percent of the determination and efforts of the people involved.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by UselessBuharist: 9:46am On Apr 08
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Had a similar conversation with a married friend of mine two days ago.. I was complaining about how difficult it has become to find a good woman to marry.... He laughed and said to me --"life after marriage isn't easy at all bro....Most times you just have to accept each other's demon and live to manage dem together"

Omoh,na once I asked myself codedly--"Is marriage really meant for me"? grin

May be the OP had me in mind before making this post, the same thought was running through my head from last night till the minute I saw this post on front page.

Is marriage really for me? Dem never born the woman wey fit handle me, one mistake I just want to take a walk at that point I don’t care about my investment in the relationship, I won’t compromise my time for any woman, I believe money can solve anything, pride will never allow me say sorry if I’m wrong and for the same pride I don’t forgive misconduct in a relationship. I’ve trust issues and many more

I think I’ll be the problem in my marriage

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ppogba: 9:49am On Apr 08
Think9ja:

Such a cursed race

I am yet to see your invention on the shelf or in GWR

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 9:50am On Apr 08
UselessBuharist:

May be the OP had me in mind before making this post, the same thought was running through my head from last night till the minute I saw this post on front page.

Is marriage really for me? Dem never born the woman wey fit handle me

E mean say your character no good now.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by emkz: 9:51am On Apr 08
My submission is that some people are hyper-competitive in marriages without understanding that they are one. Other issues include finance (THE BIGGEST ISSUE), lack of understanding and lack of sensitivities to each other's needs; mutual disrespect, family interference, laxity (I don marry so no need to try again to renew our love), peer pressure, and lack of friendship.

I think there is no manual for marriage. The only thing I can ask is that the foundation must be strong, genuine and mutual. Then there must be a consciousness to put in the work to make it succeed.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ate247(m): 9:52am On Apr 08
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

All what he wrote there seems like someone with a selfish mentality. You get what you give.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 9:52am On Apr 08
The principalities of an obsession and excitement over the sexual, over love and relationships is over this country at this point in time.
Most of these people don't even know what "love" is.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by UselessBuharist: 9:53am On Apr 08
76RebelMoney:

E mean say your character no good now.

I get good character but pride and trust issues na my problem

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by free2ryhme: 9:54am On Apr 08
akinsmail51:
Meeting someone and marrying them is a lot like pursuing your dream job.

There is an opening. You get excited. You write up a flashy resume, and you apply. You follow up, pass a series of interviews, and you get the job!

Congratulations.

But, that’s not the end of it; it’s just the beginning. Because now you actually have a job to do. Daily. Repeatedly. Indefinitely.

At this new workplace, you will spend years, deciphering, manoeuvring, managing, riding a rollercoaster, compromising, learning, laughing, growing, dedicating, working overtime, placating, understanding, failing and succeeding.

The outcomes of this job will vary. You might get sacked or be made redundant. You might quit. You might last decades and retire with a fantastic pension. There are no guarantees.

The one thing everyone will tell you is that you’ll get out of it what you put into it. Mostly anyway.

That’s marriage, in a nutshell.

~Feef

una dey craze.

marriage wey your parents do and still going, e reach una turn una turn am to temple run

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Hate Cooking Breakfast For My Husband / Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? / Messy Divorce: Policemen Are Feeding Fat On A Couple's Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.