Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,381 members, 7,881,367 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:55 PM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (22552 Views)

The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by BornToSucced(m): 10:23am On Apr 09
bukatyne:

Great Post!

I wish you more years of bliss!

Thanks, Boss cheesy
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by sweetkev(m): 12:49pm On Apr 09
dequir:

So true.

I remember when I overborrowed in the bank I was working with then to build my house, and I received no salary for 6 months because the loan was devolved into my account, it was then I knew who my wife of many years was actually is. She was collecting her own salaries, but no support to me.

She nearly turned my young daughter against me by teaching her to say stupid things to me. But I overlooked it and forgive them when my salary was restored.

So in marriage, what matters most is the continuity of the husband's source of income. Once it dried up, expect insults and impunity from your wife.
If I were you, I'd divorce her. She's not a good wife and you don't know how tomorrow is going to be.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Gerrard59(m): 1:29pm On Apr 09
Think9ja:
On a Monday morning, this is the rubbish that is making front page. A black man is bereft of ideas and innovation.

It's always sex, relationship, marriage, dating, boyfriend, girlfriend and all sorts of nonsense stuff.

On twitter and Instagram, influencers who talk about these topics get the highest comments, likes and followers

Such a cursed race

Na fight abi na quarrel? grin grin
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Think9ja(m): 1:43pm On Apr 09
Gerrard59:

Na fight abi na quarrel? grin grin

None of the above Sir.
We are just so obsessed with sex and relationship matters too much.

For twitter and IG, na those influencers weh de promote these topics de get the most following.

Tunde Ednut as far as I'm concerned no get content. Na sex, bum, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc na em be him content. E no pass like that.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by francisobiabo(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09
You just said my mind....
76RebelMoney:
If you guys would simply just stopped dating those who you don't plan to marry and also stop sleeping with people you don't plan to marry(sex before marriage), alot of marital problems would die cold.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by OvertheTop(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09
gerizzim:
Money wahala.If the man is not very calculative and discipline with money, he wil find himself borrowing all the time to kip the home running.
Responsibility in d home dat goes wit solving it with money keeps hitting you back to back.to some extent,it bcoms pretty difficult for you to save.

As for the man, he may stay for like 1yr and doesnt buy himself a new t-shirt or jeans trouser because of lots of sacrifice and financial commitment he is making for the home.

Inevitably, sometimes husbandman gets broke. He starts to check the pocket of all his trousers if he could see some little cash he probably forgot . You can call it a life saver money.
At workplace,he bcoms cautious in situations dt wil warrant him a query or been sack because of the big effect his dismissal wil cause his family .
Husbandman absorbs insult from his supervisor or boss even when he is not at fault. He kips swallowing unpleasant incident, psychological and verbal abuse so as to keep his job.
Man is 45yrs. Wife is 25yrs. Irrespective of the age gap between him and his wife, the wife also serve him her own idiosyncrasies at home.
By virtue of marriage, the wife assumes to be equal to the man. ".....foolish man", "...yeye man","...you no get shame", "....idiot","....poor man", ".....I regret marrying you" ".......bla blaaaa blaaa" that is the usual ringtone when her hypothalamus bcoms skewed.

Husband gets cranky when he is broke. He wil keep shouting and complaining repeatedly about Wifey's act of wasting resources in d home. "Your water is boiling. Go and off the gas" , "the gdnut oil you added in the stew is too much. don't you know dt gdnut oil is now vry expensive "

"Husbandman gets caught up in buying wife gift for almost every public holiday. you buy for 1st January, you buy for February 14, you buy for Easter, you buy for mother's day,you buy on her bday, you buy on Christmas day at the request nd reminder of d wife not dt the man intentionally choose to.

Wife allows nacking base on how well husbnd buys her stuffs. sex may bcom like doing husbnd a favor. some husband somtyms practically beg to do sex wit the woman he paid her dowry.
Husbandman is stuck with the ocassional struggle to please inlaw. If you don't send stuffs to inlaw, you are branded a stingy husbnd.
Dia unending manipulation and emotional blackmail crawls into marriage.if husbandman is not the assertive nd firm type, he may be turned to a vegetable by the wife.
Solomonic wisdom needs to be applied once in a while as it is not all misunderstanding dat requires the man to bring out canon to quench it. You ignore some and you respond to some. the man needs to pick nd choose his fight.

e plenty oooo. make local man stop here and sip some burukutu

100%

Chai Men go Through Hell....

imaging Now taking her Abroad and getting kicked into the Street!
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by OvertheTop(m): 5:16pm On Apr 09
ifyain:
The only good thing that come out of marriage is kids. it only benefits women. it is even difficult to get quality companionship in marriage.

You cannot even Share your Real Pain at work with some Wives,
They'll Term you Weak, Nag, Call you Names (Lazy man) and compare you to Other People who appear better.

Companionship Becomes ZERO
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by OvertheTop(m): 5:47pm On Apr 09
dequir:

So true.

I remember when I overborrowed in the bank I was working with then to build my house, and I received no salary for 6 months because the loan was devolved into my account, it was then I knew who my wife of many years was actually is. She was collecting her own salaries, but no support to me.

She nearly turned my young daughter against me by teaching her to say stupid things to me. But I overlooked it and forgive them when my salary was restored.

So in marriage, what matters most is the continuity of the husband's source of income. Once it dried up, expect insults and impunity from your wife.

It Can Get Worse....
Imagine what would happen if it was in the UK.

You can be Kicked into the Streets... while you continue paying the mortgage and Child upkeep
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by OvertheTop(m): 5:56pm On Apr 09
bukatyne:

I believe 60/40 is in terms in financials.

Do you also share the chores 60/40? Childcare 60/40? Running of the home 60/40?

Guys Doing these Still Get Kick out by their Wives in the UK
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Taiwo20(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09
bukatyne:

Freedom to do what exactly?

You have to inform the wife of every destination, decision and action.
You will “ shalaye” a lot
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Obierika(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18
Offpointng:

You give woman millions of sperm and she gives you just a kid. That to me is Nothing but Failure.

You're pointless

Do you want a million kids in return? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All About Babies / Be Discrete With Your Moves / Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative..

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.