Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,202 members, 7,873,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:47 PM

Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road (50235 Views)

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort / This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by lexy2014: 4:48pm On Apr 05
Emekaonline:

The same economic value that a rail that Amaechi was building from the North to Niger republic or were you in psychiatric hospital then

what is that value?

if you cant think for me, why are you hurt at the question...what will be the economic value that the road will bring?

when did Amaechi build Lagos–Kano Standard Gauge Railway?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by lexy2014: 4:55pm On Apr 05
Image123:

When he completed the Abuja–Kaduna segment and the Lagos-Ibadan segment, signed billion dollar contracts with the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation to complete the remaining segments of the Lagos–Kano Standard Gauge Railway, and was actively looking for funds for these before he resigned. That was when Amaechi WAS BUILDING railroads from Lagos to the North. So, did you ever ask these dumb questions then?

if you cant think for me, why are you hurt at the question...what will be the economic value that the road will bring?

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Thinkmintsocial: 5:12pm On Apr 05
Interest rates play a pivotal role in shaping the dynamics of various sectors of the economy, and real estate is no exception. For investors, understanding how interest rates influence real estate investments is crucial for making informed decisions. Fluctuations in interest rates can significantly affect the attractiveness and profitability of real estate assets. In this blog, we delve into the intricate relationship between interest rates and real estate investments, exploring both the positive and negative impacts. Read more: https://www.thinkmint.ng/buyrealestate/understanding-the-impact-of-interest-rates-on-real-estate-investments/
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by sunshineV(f): 5:42pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

U can't afford generator but think u can afford power?
so the nepa bills have been paying na for watin?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by mrvitalis(m): 5:49pm On Apr 05
sunshineV:
so the nepa bills have been paying na for watin?
It's been subsidized by government

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Image123(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05
lexy2014:

The usual clown is yet to be cured.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Energist: 7:13pm On Apr 05
perfri:
I am almost certain this will turn into a white elephant project, the cost of this project will be x2 if or when the project is completed. i dont think they have done a thorough cost analysis, which should also involve briberies and kickbacks to Government officials

Not really a white elephant, but it will later be abandoned. What's the essences of doing a new route for say Benin - Warri or the East West road? All the main towns are already connected. The project is meant to develop Lagos. That's just it. If the SSers are smart, they should ask Tinubu to start the project from the Calabar end also, with priority given to the railway.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by NothingDoMe: 8:01pm On Apr 05
LegendHero:
That corridor will be open to massive investment and real estate will spring across close to the water body.

Sure. Lagos should compensate him and execute the fantastic highway.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by NaijaCover(m): 8:02pm On Apr 05
Inukwa ooooo
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Lavor234: 8:04pm On Apr 05
May God deliver us from this inhuman regime.Buhari was better.

Valued at over $200 million, according to Onwuanibe, the Landmark site is home to over 80 businesses and provides more than 4,000 direct jobs. It also generates over 2 billion naira ($1.5 million) in annual tax revenue, the company said.

This is sad and outrageous. Can Nigeria survive Tinubu's regime?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Babangidapikin: 8:05pm On Apr 05
I remember reading this Oga post after it was liked and commented by Alhaji's senior adviser, I remember him saying win win ...me I just remembered what my ZI in Taraba said about my hill-top Oga at the top, how nothing moves him.. how he is always calm ..me that would be having panic attacks not just for my investment but those whose livelihood depends on it and someone is calm saying win win in lasgidi .
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by mmsen: 8:06pm On Apr 05
perfri:
I am almost certain this will turn into a white elephant project, the cost of this project will be x2 if or when the project is completed. i dont think they have done a thorough cost analysis, which should also involve briberies and kickbacks to Government officials

x2?

try x20.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by obailala(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05
This doesnt sound like a reasonable idea...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by ednut1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 05
Sad one. They should use make use of the water corporation road na
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Bintasukai: 8:11pm On Apr 05
tunjijones:

Lol... Are you been sarcastic or you really don't know the economic values a super highway connecting Lagos to Calabar will bring to the nation?

If you really don't know humbly ask me and I wld explain to you but if you are just being sarcastic... Fuuckkkk off

No let this guy wind you. Na so e go Dey ask you question till tomorrow once you answer the first one. Na so e Dey do for all thread. Na confirmed bigot mumu guy!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by fuckJones(f): 8:12pm On Apr 05
imagine this man as an Igbo man now, it would have been cry from the handle mop
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by CoronaVirusPro: 8:12pm On Apr 05
Those still invest in Nigerian real estates are the biggest risk takers
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by LordBillionz: 8:12pm On Apr 05
indigenous234:
If you must build a house outside the Southeast, let it be just a living house for you and your family and not more than one. If you must build for commercial purpose outside the Southeast, let it not be more than one and while at it, always think how to move your investments to the Southeast.

They are jealous and envious of you and your progress... Know this and know peace.
Our brothers won't hear...

There is no one Nigerian. Bring your wealth to the east...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by lexy2014: 8:12pm On Apr 05
Image123:

The usual clown is yet to be cured.

then u should not find the questions difficult to answer:

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by melodyogonna(m): 8:13pm On Apr 05
No compensation? Is that legal?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by lexy2014: 8:14pm On Apr 05
Bintasukai:

No let this guy wind you. Na so e go Dey ask you question till tomorrow once you answer the first one. Na so e Dey do for all thread. Na confirmed bigot mumu guy!

can you pls show me the "bigotry" in this question....what will be the economic value that the road will bring?

has the meaning of the word "bigotry" changed in the dictionary?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by fombi: 8:14pm On Apr 05
SmartyPants:
This is not about Paul Onwuanibe and his investment because he can file compensation claims and will likely receive it. This is about tearing down a magnificent structure like Landmark, which is such a credit to lagos. They shouldn't try it.

Nice one...
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Iseoluwani: 8:15pm On Apr 05
olisaEze:
"Valued at over $200 million, according to Onwuanibe, the Landmark site is home to over 80 businesses and provides more than 4,000 direct jobs. It also generates over 2 billion Naira ($1.5 million) in annual tax revenue"

They’re prepared to lose $1.5 million annually in tax and 4000 jobs in these hard times. Why, because Tinubu and his all Yoruba advisers are real dullards who will not stop until they see the country in ruins. Even the CNN reporter is shocked! Funny thing there is, they think they’re dealing with the Igbos, but I bet over 50% of those 4000 jobs sent into the unemployment market will be Yoruba.

honestly most people dont understand. infact most Nigerians dont know PAUL.

IF GUYS FOLLOW THIS PROG CALLED LION DEN, THEY WILL KNOW THEY ARE ABOUT LOSING AN ASSET
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by CluelessMODS: 8:17pm On Apr 05
KillIgbohoN0W:
Why wasn't Oniru & Elegushi beaches notified?
Are they on the pathway of the road?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by irepnaija4eva(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05
fuckJones:
imagine this man as an Igbo man now, it would have been cry from the handle mop

The owner of the Property is an IGBO MAN.. go back and read tbe article it again.. This time, slowly..

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Christistruth00: 8:18pm On Apr 05
Lobatan
By now the Eyes and ears of the “Lagos is No Man’s Land “ Campaigner’s don clear.

Can’t the LASG State Govt please have Mercy , Shift the road small and let the Highway go through the Side of the Resort
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by toujurs: 8:18pm On Apr 05
Wow, so it's an igbo man that own landmark. Mehn igbo men are really the trail blazers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Lavor234: 8:18pm On Apr 05
Iseoluwani:

honestly most people dont understand. infact most Nigerians dont know PAUL.

IF GUYS FOLLOW THIS PROG CALLED LION DEN, THEY WILL KNOW THEY ARE ABOUT LOSING AN ASSET

Loosing Livelihood and FDI for a road. How exactly did Tinubu build Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Donedeal1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05
Which of the CNN?.
Amebo of America
Trying to cause rift
We have a Nigerian that has never united like this before.
So looking at the cost benefit analysis
No price is too much to pay for this landmark
Project.
Man up apply for compensation and see it all as contributions to the national growth.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Omoapena(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05
If he has the proper title documents to the land, he will be compensated, but if he doesn't, otilo...
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Bluntemperor: 8:20pm On Apr 05
Artscollection:
I hope they pay him his due compensation if not it is still the same bigotry and hatred by these wicked fellows! Just few days to abandon a project of that magnitude

Calm down,the Govt will compensate him!
I even want Govt to look beyond Naira to add more landscape- where it is pleasant for his business alone same on the Same Route ,so that it looks like he lacks nothing at the end of the day,for this is how we can encourage our Entrepreneur to stand and Stay in Nigeria.
Mr Onwunaibe,the Lagos Commissioner and the Federal Govt Representative should seat down and iron out this matter in a Peaceful way!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Onitsha As Truck Crashes Toronto Hospital Fence (Photos, Video) / Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria / US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.