Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,533 members, 7,965,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:38 AM

Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse (18047 Views)

Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. / Hausa/fulani.....flee The East Whenever There Is Crisis / Southerners Are Moving En Masse Out Of NE And NW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by NegroNtns(m): 3:49am On Nov 24, 2011
Im still waiting Jason to hear your followup.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by aljharem3: 3:51am On Nov 24, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

40yrs later, Igbo is still the major casualty of regional clashes.  Post 1970, you have lost in North alone almost half as much what you lost in the war.  So where is the value you put in your life?

stop gloating dude, just stop it. MUST YOU REMIND THEM of the experience. Na wa o

Today it is igbo, tomorrow it might be another region

Nothing is permanent unless CHANGE. It would not be like this forever. Remember that.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 3:51am On Nov 24, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL see reasoning, where did I say the media is killing anyone. Stop showing your ignorance here ok. If you have nothing better to say just ignore this thread.

Ode ni e. Why then are you blaming the media?
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by aljharem3: 3:52am On Nov 24, 2011
Aigbofa:

Nonsense. Real people are dying; Being killed by some dum.b. northerners and you are here trying to portray yourself as different!!! At least Yorubas are not chasing anybody around with machettes.

so what is happening in kwara ? Stop displaying ur ignorance.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by aljharem3: 3:53am On Nov 24, 2011
Aigbofa:

Ode ni e. Why then are you blaming the media?

Ori e ko pe rara. learn to respect people's feelings. ode
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 24, 2011
alj_harem:

stop gloating dude, just stop it. MUST YOU REMIND THEM of the experience. Na wa o

Today it is igbo, tomorrow it might be another region

Nothing is permanent unless CHANGE. It would not be like this forever. Remember that.

Something has remained constant though; The periodic killing of southerners in your neck of the wood.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 24, 2011
alj harem, I heard that you were an Igbo boy, pretending to be yoruba, supporting Hausas and claiming Kanuri.

How true?
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by NegroNtns(m): 3:53am On Nov 24, 2011

They are FOOLS for forgetting by contiously, year after year repeating the same dumb ritual.  Then they want to talk about they value lives.  Yes indeed, you do!!
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by aljharem3: 3:54am On Nov 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

alj harem, I heard that you were an Igbo boy, pretending to be yoruba, supporting Hausas and claiming Kanuri.

How true?

don't know how true it is. But it is what it is.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 24, 2011
alj_harem:

don't know how true it is. But it is what it is.

What is what it is?Is what it is what is is? it is what is is?
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How true?

Alj is schizophrenic, doesn't know exactly where he came from. But we all know he is a potential machette wielding almajiri.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Onlytruth(m): 3:56am On Nov 24, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

If Yorubas and Northerners should boycott Igbo products, who do you think will lose the most.
a business man cannot profit without its customers.
You lose more to international communities, while you gain more @ home base. Not everyone has the opportunity of an international comm.

And you think YOU can survive the boycott?
As of today, we are in almost every country in Africa. All we need is to activate the links and go from there

We have more international business contact than both of you combined. cool
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 24, 2011
Oya, both of you, otito.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

And you think YOY  can survive the boycott?
As of today, we are in almost every country in Africa. All we need is to activate the links and go from there

We have more international business contact than both of you combined. cool

The real question is, can you?
Simply get your products from another source. I heard that lots of SW'ners are becoming businessmen nowadays; simply make them the source of our needs.

SW'ners are EVERYWHERE in the globe. or do you wish to prove otherwise?

if they want to shift their source and make themselves the source, simply make the world your oyster shell.

The prob with my Yoruba peeps from back them is that everyone wants to work in the engineering and medical field. The world is changing, my dear.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by aljharem3: 4:00am On Nov 24, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

They are FOOLS for forgetting by contiously, year after year repeating the same dumb ritual.  Then they want to talk about they value lives.  Yes indeed, you do!!

Nope they are not fools, They have MUCH more exposure than any other group in Nigeria,

Who is holding Nigeria ?

Who is connecting Nigeria ?

Who would leave there region to go to other regions for business in masses ?

Do they have any active militant group ?

Ask yourself these questions, then you would have respect for them. They have there short comings but which group does not ? Answer me

they come to the north because they believe in ONE NIGERIA, thus they believe they should be safe anywhere they go without been attacked because they are Igbos.

You need to understand Igbos. They are individuals

The case is not the north but the security system of Nigeria where anyone would just wake up unprovoked to attack anyone. It is not right. I have been to one of the riots before and I can tell you they attack northerners as well
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 24, 2011
@Onlytruth

PS: It takes years to build up a business, it takes a day to make it fall. Competition strengthens or breaks a business man.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by EzeUche(m): 4:04am On Nov 24, 2011
Does any of my Igbo brothers find it strange that it is Non-Igbos talking about Igbo issues?

When was the last time you saw an Igbo poster interfering with a Yoruba discussion?

Moral - Igbo topics and Igbo people in general are just interesting. There is a Yoruba man that I know who is even writing a book about the Igbo. He says we are fascinating. grin
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Onlytruth(m): 4:07am On Nov 24, 2011
^^
I noticed it. lol
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:07am On Nov 24, 2011
alj_harem:

Nope they are not fools, They have MUCH more exposure than any other group in Nigeria,

Who is holding Nigeria ?

Who is connecting Nigeria ?

Who would leave there region to go to other regions for business in masses ?

Do they have any active militant group ?

Ask yourself these questions, then you would have respect for them. They have there short comings but which group does not ? Answer me

they come to the north because they believe in ONE NIGERIA, thus they believe they should be safe anywhere they go without been attacked because they are Igbos.

You need to understand Igbos. They are individuals

The case is not the north but the security system of Nigeria where anyone would just wake up unprovoked to attack anyone. It is not right. I have been to one of the riots before and I can tell you they attack northerners as well

This has been going on for over 40 yrs. Why are your people always the aggressors and you are here pretending to love igbo more than they love themselves.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:10am On Nov 24, 2011
EzeUche:

Does any of my Igbo brothers find it strange that it is Non-Igbos talking about Igbo issues?

When was the last time you saw an Igbo poster interfering with a Yoruba discussion?

Moral - Igbo topics and Igbo people in general are just interesting. There is a Yoruba man that I know who is even writing a book about the Igbo. He says we are fascinating. grin

Who wouldn't find you interesting. By this time next month, most of the escapees from the north will back there waiting for the next round of madness.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
I noticed it. lol

I see that you kept mute about what i wrote. Keep it in mind when next time you say Igbos dont need SW and North.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by EzeUche(m): 4:12am On Nov 24, 2011
Aigbofa:

Who wouldn't find you interesting. By this time next month, most of the escapees from the north will back there waiting for the next round of madness.

I have to agree. Makes me sick just thinking that I have to do that.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by htajz: 4:17am On Nov 24, 2011
igbos can stay in the north and sw but abeg make una bring all those multinationals to the east ,MTN, ZENITH BANK, COSCHARIS ETC you will gain more cus yorubas and northerners dont have investments in your own land but you are employing them in theirs plus oil supply. its really annoying if you go to a company in ph for something and they tell you u have to go to head quaters in lagos.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Onlytruth(m): 4:18am On Nov 24, 2011

I see that you kept mute about what i wrote. Keep it in mind when next time you say Igbos dont need SW and North.
I didn't want to address idiocy. cool
What you typed doesn't  make sense. For many many years, your people have tried to copy us in business. It has not been easy because what makes us good at it also include things like monogamy and christianity, and Igbo core beliefs.
It ain't easy for an ordinary Yoruba man. cool
Keep trying though, maybe in the next 500 years, you may have dropped some of your vain ways of life which kill small business. cool
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Ileke-IdII didn't want to address idiocy. cool
What you typed doesn't  make sense. For many many years, your people have tried to copy us in business. It has not been easy because what makes us good in it also include things like monogamy and christianity, and Igbo core beliefs.
Keep trying though, maybe in the next 500 years, you may have dropped some of your vain ways of life which kill small business. cool

Look, if the truth smacked you in the face, just turn the other cheek and hide the wound.

A business man cannot survive without his customers. Saying otherwise is ediocy personified. Can you survive without? It's like saying Apples can survive without American customers, even if its sold globally.

"now where is that cool smiley nlers use when they want to hide their wounds" grin
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by NegroNtns(m): 4:21am On Nov 24, 2011
And you think YOU can survive the boycott?

We have more international business contact than both of you combined

so then business smartness should dictate that your business is better in places where you ad your family have security and freedom than in North where you are constantly chased off your property and suffer loss of lives and goods.  So then where is the wisdom?  Are you wise or foolish?
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Onlytruth(m): 4:23am On Nov 24, 2011
@Ileke-IdI

Some of those Igbo beliefs also include things like sharing in your neighbors pain and sorrows, something your folks can NEVER learn in this life or in the  next. We mourn with those who mourn, and celebrate with those who celebrate.
It is one of the most important "secrets" of business.
Your folks are too mean, selfish, oafish and bitter to EVER understand them, talk less of practicing them. cool
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Ileke-IdI

Some of those Igbo beliefs also include things like sharing in your neighbors pain and sorrows, something your folks can NEVER learn in this life or in the  next. We mourn with those who mourn, and celebrate with those who celebrate.
It is one of the most important "secrets" of business.
Your folks are too mean and bitter to EVER practice them. cool

Your parable ha nothing to do with my post. However, congratulations, save it for christmas.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by htajz: 4:25am On Nov 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Look, if the truth smacked you in the face, just turn the other cheek and hide the wound.

A business man cannot survive with his customers. Saying otherwise is ediocy personified.

"now where is that cool smiley nlers use when they want to hide their wounds" grin

trust me you dont want them to leave lagos but i do ,over 60 million people live in the east that 3 times population of ghana if you had sense you wont be threading that path, if they go their multinational comapnies go with them and of course they will be no more nigeria so all oil comapnies will go to,what do you have? how will you sustain your population considering the fact you have over 70 percent poverty now, it will be chaos and doomsday for your people so be carefull what you wish for, the poverty in sierraleone and somalia will be like childs play.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:27am On Nov 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Ileke-IdII didn't want to address idiocy. cool
What you typed doesn't  make sense. For many many years, your people have tried to copy us in business. It has not been easy because what makes us good at it also include things like monogamy and christianity, and Igbo core beliefs.

Keep deluding yourself. What has monogamy and Christianity got to do with business acumen. As if there are no successful, polygamous, non Christian business people!!
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Onlytruth(m): 4:30am On Nov 24, 2011
Posted by: Aigbofa

Keep deluding yourself. [b]What has monogamy and Christianity got to do with business acumen. [/b]As if there are no successful, polygamous non Christian business people!!

You see why I said that it'll take you guys at least 500 years to understand the human philosophy leading to success in small, medium and large scale business. I won't train you here. You are on your own dude! hehehe! grin grin

BTW, I'm yet to see a polygamous rich man whose business survived after his death.
Re: Boko Haram: Igbos Flee The North En-masse by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 24, 2011
htajz:

trust me you dont want them to leave lagos but i do ,over 60 million people live in the east that 3 times population of ghana if you had sense you wont be threading that path, if they go their multinational comapnies go with them and of course they will be no more nigeria so all oil comapnies will go to,what do you have? how will you sustain your population considering the fact you have over 70 percent poverty now, it will be chaos and doomsday for your people so be carefull what you wish for, the poverty in sierraleone and somalia will be like childs play.

Trust, me, they dont want to leave Lagos. An Igbo man knows that he needs Lagos, SW'ners and and the North for his business to Flourish. If Innoson wants to really flourish, let him build his head quarter in Lagos. There's a reason why they are still in Lagos and outside of the SE even after all the "SE developing" stories we hear on NL.

It's a mutual relationship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Richest Tribes In Nigeria 2022 Forbes / Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets / Reps’ Minority Leadership: Atiku, Wike In Fresh War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.