Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,639 members, 7,921,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:21 AM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (53833 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 6:53am On Aug 06
MaxInDHouse:
Great thread!

lost false jw mad max

compelled to repeating your same obsessions over and over again is mental disease
and you false jw's are full of it in multiple threads

your madness is also known as:
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both.

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 8:34am On Aug 06
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread! smiley

I agree with you
The wailer will keep responding till this thread goes to infinity
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 8:45am On Aug 06
Aemmyjah:
I agree with you
The wailer will keep responding till this thread goes to infinity

oh duh very dum lost false jw aemmy

you insane false jw's are wailers, wailing the same insanity's repeatedly:

u r compelled to repeating your same obsessions over and over again which is mental disease
and you false jw's are full of it in multiple threads

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both.

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 8:54am On Aug 06
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 8:58am On Aug 06
re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses

only mentally disturbed false jw's would respect the much lying of so called Jehovah's witnesses

only mentally disturbed false jw's would respect the paranoia of so called Jehovah's witnesses

only mentally disturbed false jw's would respect the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit by so called jehovah's witnesses

etc. etc.

false jw liars:
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. WHENEVER HE SPEAKS A LIE, THAT IS HIS NATURAL WAY OF SPEAKING, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

paranoia is fear:
rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:
Mat 12:31  Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 
Mat 12:32  Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 9:57am On Aug 06
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 10:01am On Aug 06
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness

ALL PRAISES GO TO JAH
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:22am On Aug 06
Aemmyjah:

Aemmyjah:

the continued nonsense/insanity, and confusion of false jw supporter aemmy:

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Sand2022: 3:25pm On Aug 06
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

Yes, they are widely misunderstood by many. Many think they are an occultic society, and some feel they don't believe in Christ. Others say, they don't pray. These are not true.

But their ex members know them well.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

You're correct. I praise their effort in preaching. It is true that they get you to do it by demanding that you submit a report, but that isn't a wrong thing naturally. By preaching, I mean door to door that includes most of the members. I say this because the churches do preach as well, but in different styles. But the witnesses are good with door to door.

However, they put in more time to preach, but I must confess, having served as an elder for years there, the churches have more growth than JWs. I mean far more growth.

The next group that tries with the doors/houses are the Mormon missionaries. Assemblies of God do preach, but not as much as these control groups.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

That's another plus. Some churches can't disturb sleep for Africa. But that is not a big problem for me. But I wish they time it down.

The LDS church are that civil as well. What you need to realize is that Control Groups have more obedience and control than free churches. Jesus called us to freedom, although some misuse that.

Control Groups are like Banks, while churches are like Govt offices. The former has little liberty assigned to their members, while the latter are more lenient and more considerate.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

That is one feature control groups are known for. It is the same in Scientology, LDS, Amish Community etc. Don't compare these groups to Institutions that allows their members to be real in their worship of God.

What the control group have earned as a result is broken families, double-minded members who appear to follow the organization but who work against them. Eg, among JWs are thousands of PIMOs. Whereas in the churches, these people will profess what they truly believe and still allowed to associate with their family members and friends. The method of control groups only produce double-minded members if you ask me.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

You speak about the JWs you've been acquainted with. Some witnesses will stay there to give you answers that are not supported by their Organization, in some cases to prove their doctrine right. Of course, you won't know they're doing this.

As for Bible knowledge. I agree, JWs perform well in defending their doctrine than church members I KNOW. Most of what they teach is false, but since the church members they come to know little about their bible, and their pastors perhaps don't even know, the witnesses succeed in deceiving people with falsehood fashioned as if it is true. It is said: in the land of the blind, a one eyed man is a king. That is what happens. Yes, I agree, the witnesses know the biblical basis for their doctrine much more than church goers. It is even recently that I got to truly understand the teaching of Trinity. I will make a post about that in the future. Most people don't really know the meaning of Trinity.

You can go to my profile to see my teachings on some of the doctrines of witnesses. Many of them are outright falsehood.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

I disagree with you on this one. JWs have high divorce rate. It became worse that the leadership started producing books, Brochures and videos showing how to be happy in marriage. The JWs do have plenty marital problems. It is not unique to them though, but don't ever think they are better. What you need to know is that control groups operate more in secret than free churches.

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Again this is common among control groups.

However, The JWs attend their meetings more than people attend church. Yes, they have a plus there.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

This is a huge thumbs up for JWs if you ask me. Many churches are just their for money. They do not commit half of the time JWs commit to ground their members in their doctrine. They are good to invent ways to squeeze cash from their members while their members can't even prove their doctrines scripturally. And their are more scriptures supporting most doctrines of the church, but they don't get into this. It is concerning.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi

As you say, what they believe is based on what they know. Are they heretics? Yes. They don't follow the true teachings of the church. They are heretics and apostates. Wil God save some there? Very possible, at least some don't know that what they believe is false. More importantly, they believe in Jesus, his resurrection and that he died for our sins. That is a huge path to salvation, especially for those who without fault of their own, do not know that their teachings are false. When I was their mind and soul, I never knew that their teachings were false. I thought it was the truth. So there are many many such persons there.

And I blame the churches for not doing enough to ground their members and protect them from impostors who come to deceive them. This is why I started both in this channel and other channels to scriptural show why JWs are wrong, so that people will be liberated from these falsehood they spread.

Lastly, while control groups are good in control and grounding their members in their doctrines, you should also appreciate the freedom the Lord has offered you in the Churches. Just don't misuse it. Remember, if you were a JWs, you cant write all the things you have written above about another church. If you ever write such and your elders sees you made that post, you will be invited to either delete it or be disciplined. You can also attend their kingdom hall and go free, but you can't attend any other church if you're a full member of JWs. If you do and get caught, they remove you and none of your friends who are JWs will talk to you, unless in the kingdom hall with a half hearted short greeting.

None of the JWs can watch a teaching by any pastor, give his videos a thumbs up, or accept you to come to their own home to preach. Why? The group control system will kick them off if they do.

Now, do you not appreciate the freedom you have in Christ? Is it not sweet to make your opinion known and still get accepted by your church? That is what we're called for, freedom.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06
JW PIMO! smiley

Sand2022:

Yes, they are widely misunderstood by many. Many think they are an occultic society, and some feel they don't believe in Christ. Others say, they don't pray. These are not true.
But their ex members know them well.
You're correct. I praise their effort in preaching. It is true that they get you to do it by demanding that you submit a report, but that isn't a wrong thing naturally. By preaching, I mean door to door that includes most of the members. I say this because the churches do preach as well, but in different styles. But the witnesses are good with door to door.
However, they put in more time to preach, but I must confess, having served as an elder for years there, the churches have more growth than JWs. I mean far more growth.

The next group that tries with the doors/houses are the Mormon missionaries. Assemblies of God do preach, but not as much as these control groups.
That's another plus. Some churches can't disturb sleep for Africa. But that is not a big problem for me. But I wish they time it down.
The LDS church are that civil as well. What you need to realize is that Control Groups have more obedience and control than free churches. Jesus called us to freedom, although some misuse that.
Control Groups are like Banks, while churches are like Govt offices. The former has little liberty assigned to their members, while the latter are more lenient and more considerate.
That is one feature control groups are known for. It is the same in Scientology, LDS, Amish Community etc. Don't compare these groups to Institutions that allows their members to be real in their worship of God.
What the control group have earned as a result is broken families, double-minded members who appear to follow the organization but who work against them. Eg, among JWs are thousands of PIMOs. Whereas in the churches, these people will profess what they truly believe and still allowed to associate with their family members and friends. The method of control groups only produce double-minded members if you ask me.
You speak about the JWs you've been acquainted with. Some witnesses will stay there to give you answers that are not supported by their Organization, in some cases to prove their doctrine right. Of course, you won't know they're doing this.
As for Bible knowledge. I agree, JWs perform well in defending their doctrine than church members I KNOW. Most of what they teach is false, but since the church members they come to know little about their bible, and their pastors perhaps don't even know, the witnesses succeed in deceiving people with falsehood fashioned as if it is true. It is said: in the land of the blind, a one eyed man is a king. That is what happens. Yes, I agree, the witnesses know the biblical basis for their doctrine much more than church goers. It is even recently that I got to truly understand the teaching of Trinity. I will make a post about that in the future. Most people don't really know the meaning of Trinity.
You can go to my profile to see my teachings on some of the doctrines of witnesses. Many of them are outright falsehood.
I disagree with you on this one. JWs have high divorce rate. It became worse that the leadership started producing books, Brochures and videos showing how to be happy in marriage. The JWs do have plenty marital problems. It is not unique to them though, but don't ever think they are better. What you need to know is that control groups operate more in secret than free churches.
Again this is common among control groups.
However, The JWs attend their meetings more than people attend church. Yes, they have a plus there.
This is a huge thumbs up for JWs if you ask me. Many churches are just their for money. They do not commit half of the time JWs commit to ground their members in their doctrine. They are good to invent ways to squeeze cash from their members while their members can't even prove their doctrines scripturally. And their are more scriptures supporting most doctrines of the church, but they don't get into this. It is concerning.
As you say, what they believe is based on what they know. Are they heretics? Yes. They don't follow the true teachings of the church. They are heretics and apostates. Wil God save some there? Very possible, at least some don't know that what they believe is false. More importantly, they believe in Jesus, his resurrection and that he died for our sins. That is a huge path to salvation, especially for those who without fault of their own, do not know that their teachings are false. When I was their mind and soul, I never knew that their teachings were false. I thought it was the truth. So there are many many such persons there.
And I blame the churches for not doing enough to ground their members and protect them from impostors who come to deceive them. This is why I started both in this channel and other channels to scriptural show why JWs are wrong, so that people will be liberated from these falsehood they spread.
Lastly, while control groups are good in control and grounding their members in their doctrines, you should also appreciate the freedom the Lord has offered you in the Churches. Just don't misuse it. Remember, if you were a JWs, you cant write all the things you have written above about another church. If you ever write such and your elders sees you made that post, you will be invited to either delete it or be disciplined. You can also attend their kingdom hall and go free, but you can't attend any other church if you're a full member of JWs. If you do and get caught, they remove you and none of your friends who are JWs will talk to you, unless in the kingdom hall with a half hearted short greeting.
None of the JWs can watch a teaching by any pastor, give his videos a thumbs up, or accept you to come to their own home to preach. Why? The group control system will kick them off if they do.
Now, do you not appreciate the freedom you have in Christ? Is it not sweet to make your opinion known and still get accepted by your church? That is what we're called for, freedom.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 6:43pm On Aug 06
MaxInDHouse:
JW PIMO! smiley

He's mentioning churches he may never have visited before or interacted with their members

Hotheaded Apostate 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06
Aemmyjah:

He's mentioning churches he may never have visited before or interacted with their members.
Hotheaded Apostate 😂

The funny thing about him is how he calls himself a JW PIMO yet he wants normal persons to take him seriously.

How can a sane individual claim he worships with a DEMONIC ORGANIZATION yet he couldn't find another but he wants to advise others on the religion that's right? cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 12:02am On Aug 07
Aemmyjah:

lost aemmy, supporter of false jw's,
your 3 are:

1. satan 2. the beast 3. the false prophet

8 reasons why i don't respect the so called Jehovah's witnesses
who are all of the one line of thought

1. they lie like hell

2. they are paranoid

3. they blaspheme even the Holy Spirit

4. they are mentally disturbed as can be

5. they covert other peoples homes

6. they believe Jesus is a deceiver

7. they believe Jehovah doesn't know it all

8. they believe Jehovah is not Almighty

Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 
Mat 7:16  You will know them by their fruits.

^^ their fruits > insanity is the big one at the moment, and all those above
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 7:34am On Aug 07
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 8:02am On Aug 07
Aemmyjah:

supporter of false jw's, lost aemmy

you have gone from uncontrollably repeating the same obsessions over and over again (OCD mental disorder)
to now just posting diffrent numbers, your insanity and confusion has become even worse, hasn't it:

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15am On Aug 07
Great thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 8:43am On Aug 07
Sweet delicious thread
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 9:21am On Aug 07
MaxInDHouse:
Great thread!

Aemmyjah:
Sweet delicious thread

^^ repetitive obsessive compulsion < very multiple occurrences

lost false jw mad max and lost aemmy

repeating the truth as Christians do is good
but being compelled to repeating the same obsessions over and over again is mental disease
and you false jw's are full of repetitive obsessive compulsions in many threads:

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 9:31am On Aug 07
MaxInDHouse:
Great thread!

Aemmyjah:
Sweet delicious thread

lost false jw mad max and lost aemmy

of course you people are to fearful to reply to the truths i post:

rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Aug 07
Wonderful thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:15am On Aug 07
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread!

lost false jw mad max

but being compelled to repeating the same obsessions over and over again is mental disease
and you false jw's are full of repetitive obsessive compulsion in many threads:

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30am On Aug 07
Great thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:34am On Aug 07
MaxInDHouse:
Great thread!

and of course only real nut jobs would keep showing how mad they are, isn't that so
but you false jw's are known for your mental instability, aren't you

lost false jw mad max

but you false jw people being compelled to repeating the same obsessions over and over again is mental disease
and you false jw's are full of repetitive obsessive compulsions in many threads:

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:48am On Aug 07
Jehovah's witnesses org: "We believe that mental illness is a sad result of man's decline into sin and imperfection"

maxindhouse aemmyjah
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:58am On Aug 07
Wonderful thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:08am On Aug 07
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread!

also known as OCD is mental disease

Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mental Health

Please understand that this article is not meant as a put-down of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. I am simply displaying research information that raises serious questions about the Watchtower Organization.

It has always been a belief of mine that cult groups put an excessive burden of legalism upon their adherents–this is because they do not have a proper understanding of grace due to their lack of understanding of who God is and what He has done for us. Often these aberrant groups require substantial commitments of time and energy from their membership in order to maintain good standing in the group. Since cults are typically short on grace and long on law (mixed with group obligations, guilt-inducing teachings, and isolationism), I have always assumed that this unnecessary difficulty would lead to emotional and mental problems.

A few years ago, I heard of an article in a mental health journal that documented the population percentages of Jehovah’s Witnesses in mental wards. It took some effort, but I found it. Following are excerpts from that article. Judge for yourself if the Jehovah’s Witness organization contributed to the demise of some of its members.mental health

(The following quotes are taken from the British Journal of Psychiatry: the Journal of Mental Science. Published by authority of The Royal College of Psychiatrists, Vol. 126, Ashford, Kent, Headley Brothers LTD, 1975. The author is John Spencer.)

“During the period of 36 months from January 1971 to December 1973, there were 7,546 inpatient admissions to the West Australian Mental Health Service Psychiatric Hospitals. Of these 50 were reported to be active members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses movement” (p. 557).

“Of the 50 admitted 22 were diagnosed as schizophrenic, 17 as paranoid schizophrenic, 10 as neurotic and one as an alcoholic” (p. 557-58).

“From the figures gathered in the Table, it is clear that members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses movement are over-represented in admissions to the Mental Health Services of this State. Furthermore, it is clear from the Table that the incidence of schizophrenia amongst them is about three times as high as for the rest of the general population, while the figure for paranoid schizophrenia is nearly four times that of the general population” (p. 558).

“The study does not shed light on the question of symptom or defense mechanism but suggests that either the Jehovah’s Witnesses sect tends to attract an excess of pre-psychotic individuals who may then break down, or else being a Jehovah’s Witness is itself stress which may precipitate a psychosis” (p. 558).
carm dot org
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:54am On Aug 07
Interesting thread! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 12:35pm On Aug 07
MaxInDHouse:
Interesting thread! smiley

😂
U just want to torment that guy
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07
Aemmyjah:

😂
U just want to torment that guy

If you want to engage him in a reasonable conversation he will decline but the idiot will continue quoting and insulting you simply for your faith.
Must i agree with him? smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 2:12pm On Aug 07
MaxInDHouse:

If you want to engage him in a reasonable conversation he will decline but the idiot will continue quoting and insulting you simply for your faith.
Must i agree with him? smiley

💯
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:32pm On Aug 07
Aemmyjah:

lost false jw lover aemmy

what has happened to your numbers confusion, have you forgotten what
comes after 4

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply)

Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands On Oyedepo At Winners Chapel's 36th Anniversary / Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.