Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,639 members, 7,921,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:23 AM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (53834 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 11:15am On Aug 10
A good thread for a wonderful Saturday 😁
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:53am On Aug 10
Aemmyjah:
A good thread for a wonderful Saturday 😁

ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

lost false jw supporter aemmy

jwfacts and carm and gotquestions etc. would be happy

but you false jw people and supporters being compelled to repeating the same obsessions over and over again is mental disease
and you false jw's and false jw supporters are full of repetitive obsessive compulsions in many threads:

your madness is also known as:
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviours (compulsions), or both.

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:59am On Aug 10
Aemmyjah:
E Karo sir
🙏

u a false jw supporter say's; "E Karo sir" to a paranoid habitual liar, and blasphemer of the Holy Spirit, etc.
of course:

Rev_20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Aug 10
Wonderful thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10
johnw47:

u a false jw supporter say's; "E Karo sir" to a paranoid habitual liar, and blasphemer of the Holy Spirit, etc.
of course:

Rev_20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire

I cannot greet my brother again?
What is the name of your mental sickness?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:54pm On Aug 10
Aemmyjah:

JWphobia! cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:40pm On Aug 10
Aemmyjah:

oh duh, you people sure are as dum as they come
of course a paranoid liar and blasphemer of the Holy Spirit is your brother:

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:44pm On Aug 10
MaxInDHouse:
JWphobia! cheesy

ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

lost false jw mad max

we know who is phobic don't we oh fearfully paranoid one:

rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:45pm On Aug 10
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread!

lost false jw mad max

the articles on Jw's mental illnesses are wonderful, yes they are great

and your repeating the same things over and over again confirms these articles

this particular mental disorder is called repetitive obsessive compulsion and there are very multiple occurrences
of it among you false jw's
also known as OCD it is mental disease

repeating the truth as Christians do is good
but you false jw people are being compelled to repeating the same obsessions over and over again
and you false jw's are full of repetitive obsessive compulsions in many threads:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both.

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39am On Aug 11
Wonderful thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 7:03am On Aug 11
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread!

lost false jw mad max

Pro_26:11  Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats his folly
Jw org: We believe that mental illness is a sad result of man's decline into sin and imperfection
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 8:06am On Aug 11
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread!

Indeed!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 8:06am On Aug 11
Beautiful thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 8:22am On Aug 11
Aemmyjah:
Beautiful thread!

yes, and your repeated obsessive compulsions also proves the articles true

here is more on Mental Illness Amongst Jehovah's Witnesses

continue:
Prophecy Failure
Many Witnesses harbor a deep-seated fear - fueled by a long history of doctrinal reversals and prophetic failure - that the Watchtower is a false religious organization. Since this idea has earth-shaking implications for followers of that organization, they refuse to explore their fears, preferring to ration-alize or suppress rather than acknowledge and deal with them. The key to salvation lies not in being saved in the Christian sense or even being good, but being in the Watchtower organization - although they also teach that even this does not guarantee salvation.

MacDonald and Luckett
MacDonald and Luckett, Religious Affiliation and Psychiatric Diagnoses, Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 1983, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 15-37 produced a study that looked at the relationship between religious groups and psychiatric diagnoses. This studied the type of diagnoses of psychiatric patients. Seven groups were included - No Religious Preference, Non-Mainline Protestant, Mainline Protestant, Catholic, Other Protestant, Unknown and Sects. Jehovah’s Witnesses were included within sects along with other groups such as Christian Science, Mormons and Seventh Day Adventists. Sects had a higher level of psychoses, 21% compared to the sample average of 10%.

Multicultural Considerations with Ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses
In Multicultural Considerations with Ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses, Tanya Willson shows Jehovah's Witnesses are identified as a "high-cost" or "high-control" religion.

"Scheitle & Adamczyk (2010) studied the health effects of leaving a religion, and made the distinction between low-cost and high-cost religion, specifically including Jehovah’s Witnesses in the latter category. High-cost religion was defined as “theologically, socially, and culturally exclusive” (p.325). Exiting a high-cost religion involves “strained or severed family relationships, loss of self-identity, social isolation, and the personal stress that accompanies these issues” (p. 327). The authors also point out that due to the unique cultural features of high-cost religious organizations such as Jehovah’s Witnesses, many who leave the organization do not join another religious organization, and therefore are less likely to gain the benefits of social support and community from an alternate organization. The study concluded that those who leave high-cost religions such as the Watchtower Organization, are more likely to report poorer overall health than those who stay in the religion (Scheitle & Adamczyk, 2010)." (p.4)

to continue
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:19pm On Aug 11
Aemmyjah:

Beautiful thread!
Whatever the madman type is gibberish i don't even look at it once i see that he has dropped his nonsense and Ingredients i just type the truth:

Wonderful thread! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:32pm On Aug 11
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread! smiley

lost false jw mad max

yes, the articles on mental illnesses among so called Jehovah's witnesses are good
and your repeating obsessively your compulsions, reinforces what is being said in this thread

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both.

OCD is mental disease
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:42pm On Aug 11
MaxInDHouse:
Whatever the madman type is gibberish i don't even look at it once i see that he has dropped his nonsense and Ingredients i just type the truth:

lost false jw mad max

i am not the one who claims that i can defeat six fully armed military combatants single handed

i am not the one who posts for all to read, that your wife loves to play with your penis

i am not the one who makes the Holy Spirit to be a liar

lost false jw mad max, you are as mentally disturbed as can be, and false jw aemmy your supporter is lost like you are

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:58pm On Aug 11
lost false jw aemmy

being a supporter of false jw's makes you a false jw

being a supporter of a blasphemer of the Holy Spirit, makes you a blasphemer of the Holy Spirit:

Mat 12:31  Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 
Mat 12:32  Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:34am On Aug 12
Great thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:29am On Aug 12
MaxInDHouse:
Great thread!

yes we know, the articles in this thread showing so called Jehovah's witnesses to have mental illnesses are good

and you false jw's keep showing them to be true with your very much repeated obsessive compulsions
you false jw's are full of repetitive obsessive compulsions in many threads

this particular one of your mental diseases is also known as OCD
Obsessive-compulsive disorder it's a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:34am On Aug 12
Mental Illness Amongst Jehovah's Witnesses

continue:
Willson interviews Dr. Winell, who "has worked with ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses as well as people who have left other high-control religions for over twenty years." (p. 11) Dr. Winell states;

"… because of the severity of the shunning that ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses are subjected to by their families and friends, they are more likely to return to activity in the organization, which is very rare in people leaving other religions. Dr. Winell also emphasized that because of the doctrine of Armageddon occurring soon, many ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses will have phobia or PTSD-like symptoms, including nightmares or anxiety attacks, even though they do not intellectually believe in this doctrine anymore, because many were often taught as children to fear Armageddon." (p.12)
Dr. Winell defines the experience as "Religious Trauma Syndrome", as "many people suffer from serious anxiety and depression following leaving a high-control religion." (p.13)

Religiously Divided Families
In 2017, a Judge in the United Kingdom discussed "the risk of emotional damage due to confusing messages" where one member is a Jehovah's Witness and the other is not. In a custody case regarding a six year old boy, the Judge ruled that the Jehovah's Witness father could take the son to Sunday meetings, but not other events such as conventions and preaching activities. The son was also not to be shown "religious based media" such as Watchtower cartoons.

The judge said the boy had watched cartoons called Obey Jehovah, Pay Attention At Meetings and One Man One Woman.

"In 'Obey Jehovah' a child is taught about the sinfulness of having a cartoon character toy with magical powers which the child had to put in a bin," he said.

"While making sense to a child if both parents were Jehovah's Witnesses, such a cartoon would send a very confusing message to a child like [the boy] who has one foot in his mother's world and a wider world (in which magical characters are everywhere in books, television, DVDs, on the internet and in films) and his other foot in his father's world where such magical characters are sinful.
At meetings and in publications, Watchtower teaches the unhealthy idea that the unbelieving parent is an evil sinner for not following Jehovah's organization, and will die at Armageddon.

"The boy's mother had raised concern about the boy being harmed by his father's religious beliefs and had told the judge how her son had once told her "God is good and you are bad."
Source telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/11/jehovahs-witness-agrees-not-show-son-religious-cartoons-risk/ 11th June 2017

to continue
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13pm On Aug 12
Wonderful thread!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:07pm On Aug 12
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread!

most dum lost false jw mad max

you say over and over again; "wonderful thread"

and medical people say; "much repeated obsessive compulsions is mental disease"

and you reply following those articles; "wonderful thread"
yourself proving what the medical people say about so called Jehovah's witnesses having mental disease, OCD in this case

Pro_26:11  Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats his folly

of course a fool is a mentally unstable person
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:29pm On Aug 12
MaxInDHouse:
Wonderful thread!

lost false jw mad max

according to so called Jehovah's witnesses/false prophets:

“Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus is present and has been since 1874,” (Watchtower Jan 1, 1924 p.5)

^^ surely only a fool would respect so called Jehovah's witnesses false prophets
just like only a fool would repeat the same obsessive compulsions over and over again
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 12:05am On Aug 13
MaxInDHouse:
i don't even look at it

oh duh lost false jw mad max

these articles are not only for you, but for those who don't know about you crazy false jw's
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 4:14am On Aug 13
MaxInDHouse:

Wonderful thread! smiley

Yes sir
I like your sound reasoning
I don't know how your schedule is
Mine is very tight too and I sometimes do informal study without my students by visiting them alone at home when I'm less busy and it's sometimes on days we don't preach (we have 4 preaching days )
I'd like to also invite you to my studies. Yu may join via Whatsapp call or video conference
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:47am On Aug 13
Aemmyjah:

Yes sir
I don't know how your schedule is
Mine is very tight too and I sometimes do informal study without my students by visiting them alone at home when I'm less busy and it's sometimes on days we don't preach (we have 4 preaching days )
I'd like to also invite you to my studies. Yu may join via Whatsapp call or video conference
Do you use the Enjoy Life Forever brochure or book?
So that i can get prepared to join on Whatsapp call.
I'm always busy around 5-6pm because that's when myself and other colleagues around the world do have our Zoom meeting to discuss business.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 6:41am On Aug 13
johnw47:

according to so called Jehovah's witnesses/false prophets:

“Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus is present and has been since 1874,” (Watchtower Jan 1, 1924 p.5)

MaxInDHouse: Whatever the madman type is gibberish

Aemmyjah: Yes sir

lost false jw aemmy

the truth is, what you like is his lies:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. WHENEVER HE SPEAKS A LIE, THAT IS HIS NATURAL WAY OF SPEAKING, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Aemmyjah(m): 7:30am On Aug 13
MaxInDHouse:

Do you use the Enjoy Life Forever brochure or book?
So that i can get prepared to join on Whatsapp call.
I'm always busy around 5-6pm because that's when myself and other colleagues around the world do have our Zoom meeting to discuss business.

Yes sir
I use the Enjoy Life Forever book for my students
I could call you whenever I'm ready
I don't know about the time but if I'm able, I'll try
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:53am On Aug 13
Aemmyjah:

Yes sir

Don't waste your airtime son, just flash me! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:08pm On Aug 13
Aemmyjah:
Yes sir

these people are teachers/false teachers
the blind leading the blind

2Pe_2:1  But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you,
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 11:07pm On Aug 13
Mental Illness Amongst Jehovah's Witnesses

continue:

Watchtower Rules and Regulations
Watchtower prohibitions reach into virtually every area of life and cover minutia to the extreme. Holidays and celebrations are condemned, except for the memorial of Jesus death. Higher education, career advancement and spending time with non-Witnesses is discouraged. Missing preparation for and attendance of weekly meetings and field service, which can take between 20 and 30 hours per week, leads one to be labelled as spiritually weak. As a result, it is very difficult for a child raised a Witness to develop into a normal, socially aware, well-adjusted adult. They are taught that those of the world are evil, and even though worldly people may appear to be kind, this is one of Satan's tactics to lure people out of God's organisation.

In 1995, David and Bryan Freeman, aged 15 and 17, violently beat and stabbed their Jehovah's Witness parents and brother to death. (See The Allentown Massacres 1 Feb 2012) The Freeman boys had experienced a life time training of hate; hate everything that God hates, everything non-Jehovah's Witness. They turned to the Aryan Brotherhood of Man because it offered them unconditional love, but still represented the same qualities of hate that they had been brought up to be comfortable with. Bergman feels that the "conditional love" Jehovah's Witness children receive can be a factor motivating those that have turned to heinous crimes.

Disfellowshipping
Each year, 1% of Jehovah's Witnesses, around 70,000, are disfellowshipped and subsequently shunned. Only one third return to the religion, the remainder having their family ties severed for life. Mr Aron, director of Melbourne's Cult Counselling Australia, identifies that "shunning is "draconian, cruel and callous" … [and] could crush self-esteem and give feelings of guilt, especially in children." (The Age 16th Mar 2013)

Watchtower is aware of the damage caused by being disfellowshipped, as it mentions reinstated members can suffer emotional trauma for years, though blaming this on the aftermath of sin, rather than relating this to the public humiliation of disfellowshipping and trauma of being shunned by loved ones.

"Sin still has an aftermath. For example, a disfellowshipped wrongdoer may repent and be reinstated in the congregation, but it may take years to overcome the tarnished reputation and emotional trauma resulting from sin. Meanwhile, how comforting it is to have Jehovah’s forgiveness and the support of his everlasting arms!" Watchtower 1991 Oct 1 p.18
Conclusion
There are few mental health studies on Jehovah's Witnesses. Most are decades old, using methodologies that are lacking against modern research techniques, as discussed in the 2012 paper Jehovah's Witnesses and Schizophrenia by Michael Rand. Those carried out by former Jehovah's Witnesses contain possible bias in the results. Other studies have grouped several "cults" together and are not specific in regard to the unique upbringing of a Jehovah's Witness. Where writers have explained why the Jehovah's Witness upbringing is dangerous to children, the reasons are based on expected effects from the unusual beliefs and practices, rather than scientifically generated research. With the increase in available population statistics and computerised analytic tools it is a shame broader studies have not yet become available.

Despite a lack of reliable scientific studies, there is consistent indication of high levels of mental illness amongst Jehovah's Witnesses. There are a number of reasons why this could be the case - isolation from general society, an unrealistic view of the world and the destructive nature of the threat of disfellowshipping. Total reliance on a leadership that claim angelic direction, yet have a string of failed prophecies and doctrines, leads members to fear the religion may be wrong but fear leaving, leading to cognitive dissonance. Those that do leave are often inadequately prepared for life and lack a support group that would normally be developed in a healthy upbringing. Additionally, people with mental illness can be attracted to religious groups and the loving brotherhood that they promise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply)

Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands On Oyedepo At Winners Chapel's 36th Anniversary / Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.