Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,840 members, 7,962,766 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? (445 Views)

Worst Date; Man Shares 400k Bill With Lady & Her Girlfriend He Went On Date With / If You Can't Shift My Womb, I Won't Date Or Marry You - Pretty Slay Queen (pics) / Share Your Worst Date Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 7:57pm On May 26
"Dating has never been for me to be honest because I always meet the weirdest people. A few years ago, I went out on a date with a guy. He got to the location before I did and when I arrived, after the usual pleasantries, he went ahead to ask why I was so short and advised me to wear heels more often. The whole conversation was centered around my height. It was condescending and the most awkward conversation I have ever had, yet."
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 7:59pm On May 26
"I met this guy I’d been chatting with on Instagram, and we decided to go on a date at a restaurant. When we got to the restaurant, we ordered, the food came, and we started eating. While we were eating, he kept drinking back-to-back like there was no tomorrow. I wanted to ask why, but I was like, let me just let him be. At one point he picked up his phone, and I overheard his conversation. The person on the other end angrily asked where his car was. I didn’t take it seriously because he had previously mentioned he was a car dealer. After a few minutes, he told me to give him two minutes to see somebody outside. I said okay, and he left. After a reasonable amount of time had passed, he still hadn’t come back. I tried calling him, but it wasn’t connecting. That was when I knew I was screwed. When the bill came, it was N30,000. I had just N20,000 on me. To cut a long story short, I sorted the bill. To make matters worse, as I was leaving the restaurant, the heel of my shoe came off. That was not only the worst date experience I had; it was the worst day ever."

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:02pm On May 26
"We went to one of my favourite art galleries at the time, Red Door, and he just kept talking and talking and talking. I love to talk so it wasn’t
the parrot-like chatter that put me off, it was the childlike mind I was forced to engage. Handsome guy, with a great job but no substance to his person, so tragic. To top it off I was replying to a message, and he said to me “I might know the person you’re texting.”, WOW, peeking into my phone too?"
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:03pm On May 26
lipsrsealed
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:04pm On May 26
"I have had two terrible date experiences; I don’t know which is worse. The first was when I went on a date with a seemingly nice lady. She ordered a lot of things on the menu and after eating, she said she wanted to buy something for her roommate. She ordered the biggest size of pizza. When she was done, I told her my intentions, and she responded by saying that she wanted to be placed on a monthly stipend before any of the things I mentioned could happen. There and then, the feelings I had for her died a natural death. The second was another lady that I went on a date with. After the date, she said she wanted to kiss me, and I obliged. When she got close to me, the stench from her mouth nearly killed me. I had to stop her."
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:06pm On May 26
"When I was at University, I went on a date with a girl. As there were no nearby restaurants available at the time, we decided to go for a stroll. However, my nerves got the best of me, and I found myself speaking at an unintentionally loud volume. The girl kindly brought this to my attention, and in my embarrassment, I overcompensated by speaking in an unusually low voice. Unfortunately, this messed with the flow of conversation, and despite my best efforts, the interaction did not progress as desired."
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:08pm On May 26
"I remember in school, there was this girl I’d been vibing with. Honestly, I kind of loved her, her vibes, and everything. She was an Anglican
Reverend’s daughter and was a little shy. So, at some point in our friendship, I decided to ask her out. I made the move and asked her to
pick a location for the date. She chose a popular spot back then that she had never visited before. On D-Day, I came to her apartment and picked her up. When we arrived at the spot, she peeped through the gate and refused to enter. I was like, “Ah, why are you not entering? What is wrong?” Trying to determine what was wrong. She replied, “Oh, I won’t enter. I won’t enter.” Just like in play, the girl left me there and went home. I’ll never forget that incident in my life and I still don’t understand why she left abruptly."
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:25pm On May 26
"We met at a motive, and he got my snap. Things led to things, and he said he wanted to take me on a date, my choice (He’s an IJGB so he said
he didn’t know places, in hindsight, it wouldn’t have been hard to ask his friends but let’s not talk about that). It’s funny because when we were setting this up, he had to move an appointment and was telling me “Oh I’d always put you first.” On the day of the date, we were going to see a movie), and on our way, Zinoleesky’s manager texted him that he wanted him to produce a song for a person he manages, so he told
me it was an opportunity that he couldn’t miss out on. He’s a music producer, my first mistake was answering him when he said he worked in the entertainment industry. We watched the movie, got ice cream, and then he carried me to that studio session in one apartment bedroom. At the time I thought it was alright, but in hindsight, maybe not. Two days later, he ghosted me. A day or two after that he sent me his beats on
Snapchat unprovoked, without an accompanying message. I aired him obviously."
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:27pm On May 26
"I went on a date with a guy who should probably be hired to work in MCC within one of the Heirs Holdings companies. He literally had his phone out the whole time and it was off-putting. When he came down from the car, he made a video of me walking, which isn’t my vibe or something people in our generation do. When we got to the restaurant, he kept taking pictures of me which frankly made me feel uncomfortable. Where the hell did he plan to post all these pictures? I know I’m a hot babe but act like you’ve been here before and stop embarrassing your family. The final straw was when he asked me to take a picture of him. I already do that at work, I’m not trying to do that during moments that are supposed to bring me happiness."
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:29pm On May 26
"I once went on a date with a guy who openly confessed to being a serial cheat. He told me and I quote “I like to cheat. It’s a habit, and I want you to help me pray that this habit goes away”. Now, imagine having to sit through such a conversation with someone who you thought you could build something with? Tragic! That was the last time we ever saw."
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:31pm On May 26
"This was back in Uni, but it was record-breaking. I had a talking stage guy called Eze. At the time, he was older than I was and was working
while I was in school. On Valentine’s Day of that year, he came to pick me up for a date. He took me shopping for clothes and shoes. Afterward, we went to have dinner at a fancy restaurant. We ordered food and just as we were about to settle in to eat, he got up, excused himself, and disappeared. I called and called him, but he did not pick up the phone. I waited and waited for him to come back but he did not show up. I could not even eat my food because I was so upset so I got them to pack the food and I went home. Only for him to ring me the next morning and act like nothing happened the day before!"
Re: What Was Your Worst Date Or Hang-out Experience? by essentialone(m): 8:36pm On May 26
"I had been speaking to this babe for weeks and our chemistry was good, so I was looking forward to spending time with her. She said she would be available to meet after she completed a project she was working on, and I kept waiting for the green light to plan a wonderful evening for both of us. I got lucky one evening or so I thought, and she agreed to spend an evening together. The day came and I went to pick her up from her house, and she came out with a friend of hers. Throughout the evening, she kept talking to her friend and I felt like a ghost. That was the last time I saw her. I cannot be with someone like that."

(1) (Reply)

Don't Enter This Group If You're Normal / Lady Jubilates As Neighbor She Used To Give Food To Marries Her (video) / Between Valentine And Election's Day, Which One Is The Most Important To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.