Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,542 members, 7,929,759 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:56 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2426458 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (3610) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2017
sod09:
dat jus sum up aw stupid nd dull he's A manager that cant teach his players aw to survive 10men
You are wrong. Again!
Arsenal is the ONLY club with more wins than losses when down to 10 men.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2017
In a few years time,
Rooney would be coach of Man United.
Gerrard, coach of Liverpool.
Lampard, coach of Chelsea.
Who would be coach of Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2017
Spy360:
In a few years time,

Almunia?? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Spy360:
In a few years time,

If we go by your metrics of assumption, then it is fair to say Arsenal has T. Henry and P. Viera ( Both already have coaching badges)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
So do we have a problem with our offense, defense or not all ? Having scored the most goals at this point in the season, why is it not reflecting points wise ?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
edoyad:
So do we have a problem with our offense, defense or not all ? Having scored the most goals at this point in the season, why is it not reflecting points wise ?

Your maths is obviously faulty oga.....if you check properly,spurs are suppose to be ahead of you guys based on GF and GA. You guys are actually not doing badly in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Spy360:
In a few years time,
T.Henry.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
Spy360:

A 10 is a central attacking midfielder.

From what I see United play, Pogba plays as a 10 most times.

For example, I saw the game against Liverpool, Pogba started as the CAM. When Rooney came in, he dropped into CDM to pair with Herrera.

Sometimes, a manager may even play a double 10.

Midfield Positions:

Central Defensive- holding, box to box.

Central Attacking- playmaker

Wing Attacking- wingers of which there are different types nowadays.

Most recently we now have Deep Lying Playmakers as made popular by Pirlo.

Football is evolving and new formations and positions are introduced. Some are even confusing and a mixture. For example, Wingbacks and Sweeper Keepers (popularised by Neuer).

So just keep yourself abreast and follow the trend.

Bro, in a 4-3-3 which Mou deploys most times there is no 10 for Pogba to man,except occasionally when he goes with a 4-2-3-1.

Deep Lying Playmaker, Sweeper keeper, are not positions per se buh rather playing attributes or styles of either a DM,CM and GK respectively.

Formations have become dynamic that you can have 2 Players at the base of a team's midfield in the pre match lineup as DMs, buh in reality only one functions as the DM while the other is a CM (in this case a b2b ).
I guess that was what eph12 was tryna explain to KokaneNobody.

Same way you have Poachers in attack , Sweepers, instigators in Defence ,midfield dynamos,maestros and conductors in MF.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
Spy360:
In a few years time,

Gilberto Silva (my best Assenal midfielder ).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
elrony:

Bro, in a 4-3-3 which Mou deploys most times there is no 10 for Pogba to man,except occasionally when he goes with a 4-2-3-1.

Deep Lying Playmaker, Sweeper keeper, are not positions per se buh rather playing attributes or styles of either a DM,CM and GK respectively.

Formations have become dynamic that you can have 2 Players at the base of a team's midfield in the pre match lineup as DMs, buh in reality only one functions as the DM while the other is a CM (in this case a b2b ).

Same way you have Poachers in attack , Sweepers, instigators in Defence ,midfield dynamos,maestros and conductors in MF.
It was even obvious Fellaini and Pogba were not occupying same position if you watch the match. Pogba was always ahead of him and someone says they were both DM. What kind of DM is that?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Rilwayne001: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
eph12:

It was even obvious Fellaini and Pogba were not occupying same position if you watch the match. Pogba was always ahead of him and someone says they were both DM. What kind of DM is that?

"Direct Message" i think. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
elrony:

I agree with most of what you mentioned. But not all...

Sweeper keeper is a variation of the GK position. Just as wingback is a variation of the fullback position. That's the difference between Hart and Bravo.

Central midfield is split into attacking and defensive.

When teams played 4-4-2, they employ just one CDM and one CAM. Current formations (4-3-3 and 4-5-1) employ either two CDM or two CAM. In most cases it is the former where one of the CDM is the runner or box to box as some prefer to call it.

So invariably, a box to box is still a DM per se. While the holding DM waits to break up play, the box to box guy hassles the opponent, some times chasing the ball to the GK.

As for Pogba, I have seen him play all CM positions for United. Recently, he has been deployed more as a CAM referred to as a 10. Typical as Ramsey, he plays holding DM or box DM, he can even play as an AM as he does for Wales.

So there is a 10 in a 4-3-3.

............................. De Gea .........................
Valencia ... Jones .. Rojo .. Darmian
.................. Carrick .. Herrera .................
............................ Pogba ...........................
Mkhi .................... Ibra ............. Martial

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
Spy360:

I agree with most of what you mentioned. But not all...

Sweeper keeper is a variation of the GK position. Just as wingback is a variation of the fullback position. That's the difference between Hart and Bravo.

Central midfield is split into attacking and defensive.

When teams played 4-4-2, they employ just one CDM and one CAM. Current formations (4-3-3 and 4-5-1) employ either two CDM or two CAM. In most cases it is the former where one of the CDM is the runner or box to box as some prefer to call it.

So invariably, a box to box is still a DM per se. While the holding DM waits to break up play, the box to box guy hassles the opponent, some times chasing the ball to the GK.

As for Pogba, I have seen him play all CM positions for United. Recently, he has been deployed more as a CAM referred to as a 10. Typical as Ramsey, he plays holding DM or box DM, he can even play as an AM as he does for Wales.

So there is a 10 in a 4-3-3.

.................. Carrick .. Herrera .................
............................ Pogba ...........................

Ogbeni, the GK position has no variation, abi you don see DGK and AGK before cheesy
"Sweeper keeper" as you call it is rather a player attribute or style not a GK position e.g as found in Neuer, "comedy keeper" is the same too e.g Bravo grin

when you deploy a 4-4-2 not a variant as in "diamond" you'd be fielding at least two CMs and zero 10.

Ogbeni in a 4-3-3, you are primarily playing a DM and two CMs (RCM and LCM) no CAM.

The formation you depicted below is 4-2-1-3 a variation, not 4-3-3 itself.

Hope you understand?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
eph12:

Maybe na dat Yo Gotti "DM" grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
diggz:

Your maths is obviously faulty oga.....if you check properly,spurs are suppose to be ahead of you guys based on GF and GA. You guys are actually not doing badly in my opinion.

What you're doing is actually saying our defence is the problem then. I say that cos if the defense had conceded fewer goals ....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
edoyad:

What you're doing is actually saying our defence is the problem then. I say that cos if the defense had conceded fewer goals ....

Yeah u correct.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:58am On Jan 25, 2017
Roland17:

If we go by your metrics of assumption, then it is fair to say Arsenal has T. Henry and P. Viera ( Both already have coaching badges)
Vieira yes, Henry? The way he does his punditing, I am not sure if he can handle management.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:38am On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:

Ogbeni, the GK position has no variation, abi you don see DGK and AGK before cheesy
"Sweeper keeper" as you call it is rather a player attribute or style not a GK position e.g as found in Neuer, "comedy keeper" is the same too e.g Bravo grin

when you deploy a 4-4-2 not a variant as in "diamond" you'd be fielding at least two CMs and zero 10.

Ogbeni in a 4-3-3, you are primarily playing a DM and two CMs (RCM and LCM) no CAM.

The formation you depicted below is 4-2-1-3 a variation, not 4-3-3 itself.

Hope you understand?

On GK, the sweeper in the team is usually a player in the defence line- I remember Lothar Mathaus (maybe you were not born then cheesy) but now some managers like Pep add that role to the GK job. It's like comparing an orthodox FB with a modern WB.

I can ignore your case on GK but not on the 10. The 10 is the chance creator, unless you pattern you team to just defend. But from all I have seen United under Mou, there have always been a 10. He started with Rooney, then Mata on few occasions, and Pogba recently.

In a 442 diamond, what do you mean by 2 CMs without a 10?

Ancelotti is the godfather of diamond formations, you just have to look at all his teams. Wo do you think is at the tip of the diamond?

Currently he plays a 433 which easily transits to a 4231, using Thiago as his 10 in both situations.

Lastly, a 4213 is a 433 unless you plan to park bus. This couldn't have been United's formation...

Carrick .............. Pogba .......... Herrera

Hope you too understand?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:45am On Jan 25, 2017
eph12:

I doubt if you even know your first eleven not to talk of their positions. Mtchew!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2017
Spy360:

I doubt if you even know your first eleven not to talk of their positions. Mtchew!
A. Mourinho does not even have a first eleven yet even when everyone is fully fit.

B. I believe the argument is about our first 3-5 matches or so when Fellaini and Hererra were pairing Pogba in a two man midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 8:12am On Jan 25, 2017
Spy360:

On GK, the sweeper in the team is usually a player in the defence line- I remember Lothar Mathaus (maybe you were not born then cheesy) but now some managers like Pep add that role to the GK job. It's like comparing an orthodox FB with a modern WB.

I can ignore your case on GK but not on the 10. The 10 is the chance creator, unless you pattern you team to just defend. But from all I have seen United under Mou, there have always been a 10. He started with Rooney, then Mata on few occasions, and Pogba recently.

In a 442 diamond, what do you mean by 2 CMs without a 10?

Ancelotti is the godfather of diamond formations, you just have to look at all his teams. Wo do you think is at the tip of the diamond?

Currently he plays a 433 which easily transits to a 4231, using Thiago as his 10 in both situations.

Lastly, a 4213 is a 433 unless you plan to park bus. This couldn't have been United's formation...

Carrick .............. Pogba .......... Herrera

Hope you too understand?

From all you've seen?... e clear say na only 5 man U matches you don watch this season grin cheesy

Nwanna, read the bolded and understand the sentence you made reference to na.

Sorry jare, Mou's 4-3-3, is built with Carrick as the pivot,Pogba and Herrera as RCM and LCM.
No "10". That's been our best and most used formation so far. (I guess you can call it a 4-1-2-3 if you want )
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2017
eph12:

A. Mourinho does not even have a first eleven yet even when everyone is fully fit.

B. I believe the argument is about our first 3-5 matches or so when Fellaini and Hererra were pairing Pogba in a two man midfield.

First of all, Mou NEVER plays a two man midfield. Never.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:33am On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:

From all you've seen?... e clear say na only 5 man U matches you don watch this season grin cheesy

Nwanna, read the bolded and understand the sentence you made reference to na.

Sorry jare, Mou's 4-3-3, is built with Carrick as the pivot,Pogba and Herrera as RCM and LCM.
No "10". That's been our best and most used formation so far. (I guess you can call it a 4-1-2-3 if you want )

Forget Man United's formation for now. Let me assume the 4-1-2-3 formation you gave. Didn't you notice you play a double 10?

Back to Man United, that is a highly attacking formation you gave. And Mou will never push men forward like that. Every body that follows Mou know this basic fact.

If you need a formation where a 10 is not used, it is Leicester's 442 last season. That was a counter attacking formation, which had failed in times past but was ressurected by Raniery. But even in that, one of the strikers drops back. In Leicester it was Okazaki.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 9:20am On Jan 25, 2017
Spy360:

Forget Man United's formation for now. Let me assume the 4-1-2-3 formation you gave. Didn't you notice you play a double 10?

Back to Man United, that is a highly attacking formation you gave. And Mou will never push men forward like that. Every body that follows Mou know this basic fact.

If you need a formation where a 10 is not used, it is Leicester's 442 last season. That was a counter attacking formation, which had failed in times past but was ressurected by Raniery. But even in that, one of the strikers drops back. In Leicester it was Okazaki.

What do you understand by a 10 sef? Stop confusing yourself thinking we play two CAMs, we don't!

It's both RCM and LCM wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 10:15am On Jan 25, 2017
Spy360:

First of all, Mou NEVER plays a two man midfield. Never.
Oh undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:

What do you understand by a 10 sef? Stop confusing yourself thinking we play two CAMs, we don't!

It's both RCM and LCM wink
I need to ask you the same question because I don't get what the 'C' in your RCM and LCM means.

Oh! I see your one eye... cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
edoyad come out here and explain all these ass'es LCM abi na HCF ..
I don't know when footy turn to maths
Win league No
Win champions League No
LCM and HCF yes tongue tongue grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2017
fredoooooo:
edoyad come out here and explain all these ass'es LCM abi na HCF ..
I don't know when footy turn to maths
Win league No
Win champions League No
LCM and HCF yes tongue tongue grin grin cheesy

LMAOOO grin grin you sef ehn.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 2:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
Spy360:

I need to ask you the same question because I don't get what the 'C' in your RCM and LCM means.

Oh! I see your one eye... cheesy

Right Central Midfielder as in normal human being CM grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
elrony:

LMAOOO grin grin you sef ehn.
Don't mind these people Jare ,they are all clowns grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
A flat 4-4-2 does not have a CAM. Leicester, Diego Simeone's Atletico most of the time, Arrigo Sacchi's Milan.

A diamond 4-4-2 has a DM, 2CMs and a CAM.

That was what Elrony was trying to teach people here.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
fredoooooo:

Don't mind these people Jare ,they are all clowns grin

Hehehehe Headoyad and his band of Merry men cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (3610) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Fkforyou(m), Roland17(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.