Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,945 members, 7,873,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2370274 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:03am On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:
Sod09, kokaneprodigy and ipopalomo come see o. cheesy grin
Swishh my Guy. If we want to look at it deeply, we've one of the best squad, both in starting 11, and on bench. But Emery way of doing things makes it look unbalanced.
Gk....Good
Defenders....holding(sok), Luiz, bellerin and Tierney.....Good
Midfield.. Toriera, ceballos and Ozil.... Great
Attack.. Pepe Auba and lacazette Good

Bench Mustafi, sok(holding), kolasinac, chambers, Niles
Guen, Xhaka, willock
Saka, martinelli

Aside the attacking position which lack experience(which ozil can even feel in sometimes), tell me that's not an enviable squad with depth there if used correctly. Tell me that's not a top4 squad in the hands of a good coach.
But of course, once coach is confused about his setup and tactics, even the players will look like scrap.
I'm saying it, and I'll still say it, our crop of players is one of the most balanced squad in the league.
For me Guen has been better than Torriera this season even in the DM position. In fact he has been our best midfielder so far.

On what basis are you taking him off the starting line up?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PapalsBull(m): 9:16am On Nov 09, 2019
Spy360:

For me Guen has been better than Torriera this season even in the DM position. In fact he has been our best midfielder so far.

Torriera is better than Geun all round, defence, attack, run, recovery, positioning, pass, name it.

What the guy you quoted said is our best starting iv, it is only Emisery and you and your likes that think otherwise. Now see where we are.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Saliba is injured again, st.ettiene are using this boy any how
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:27am On Nov 09, 2019
Spy360:

Una they see spy again oo.
Before he deny or call us troll
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FakeManna: 9:56am On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
PapalsBull:

Torriera is better than Geun all round, defence, attack, run, recovery, positioning, pass, name it.

What the guy you quoted said is our best starting iv, it is only Emisery and you and your likes think otherwise. Now see where we are.
[/s]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OLUWABIG(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Saliba is injured again, st.ettiene are using this boy any how

Bad news and the boy is very Good oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he will talk to Bayern Munich over their vacant managerial post next week.

The Bundesliga giants are in search of a new boss after they sacked Niko Kovac.

Bayern’s executive board chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had earlier said the club would not be pursuing Wenger, who has been out of work since he left Arsenal in 2018.

But the former Gunners manager, 70, told Bein Sports : “We decided together we will talk next week because I’m in Doha until Sunday. This is the true story.

“On Wednesday afternoon, Rummenigge called me. I could not answer and by politeness I called him back.

“He was in his car going to the game against Olympiakos. We talked for four to five minutes maximum and he told me they had assigned Hans-Dieter Flick to be the coach – he will manage the next two games.

“He [Rummenigge] asked me if I would be interested because they are looking for a coach.
I told him I didn’t have any thoughts about it – it needs some time to have a think about it.”

Frenchman Wenger won three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups during his 22-year spell in charge of Arsenal.

Kovac was dismissed earlier this week following Bayern Munich’s 5-1 Bundesliga defeat against Frankfurt.

The champions are fourth, four points behind leaders Borussia Monchengladbach after 10 games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
Spy360:

Toreira havent played dm this season, but mostly Am or box to box, but at least we saw what he did in DM last season to give an fair reference. As a DM, I can't try putting Guen if we're honest with ourselves cos he hardly shield our back line. A cm will be better for Guen cos he can roam around the pitch as he normally does. But even as a cm, I'll take ceballos over him, cos ceballos is a forward minded player than guen and if harnessed right can wriggle his way off opposition and can also take outside the box shot. The only place Guen can find himself in that midfield is cm and of course that's where he's playing.
I'm not belittling Guen effort sha of been our best midfielder so far this season(kudos to him), but why won't he wen he's the only one in that midfield played in his role. Xhaka is not a DM, toreira is not an Am and of course willock is still young.
So My brother, that's my basis tho, and it's my opinion, so it's up for debate.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
PapalsBull:

What the guy you quoted said is our best starting iv, it is only Emisery and you and your likes that think otherwise. Now see where we are.
Boss thank you o, I didn't even see your reply earlier enough sef. It's surprising for anyone to think guen is a better dmf than toreira. As in toreira!!

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:
Boss thank you o, I didn't even see your reply earlier enough sef. It's surprising for anyone to think guen is a better dmf than toreira. As in toreira!!
Guen won arsenal player of the Month what has torreira achieved tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PapalsBull(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:

I swear to God, that your starting iv was what I was expecting Emisery to use the beginning of the season but, the fool keep doing "tombu tombu" every week.

How can a coach be unable to identify his starting iv 10 + weeks into the season? This guy will smuggle Xhaka and Geundouzi just to freeze out Ozil. Poor sub. Game against Liv in the league cup, instead of Emisery to bring in Pepe to run down the tiring Liv younger stars no, the fool went on to bring guen to play sideways and back passes. We know what happened.

Anyway, kakone, blueraydick, sod, ipopalomo and others who don't watch football with emotions have already say much on here.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FakeManna: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
PapalsBull:

I swear to God, that your starting iv was what I was expecting Emisery to use the beginning of the season but, the fool keep doing "tombu tombu" every week.

How can a coach be unable to identify his starting iv 10 + weeks into the season? This guy will smuggle Xhaka and Geundouzi just to freeze out Ozil. Poor sub. Game against Liv in the league cup, instead of Emisery to bring in Pepe to run down the tiring Liv younger stars no, the fool went on to bring guen to play sideways and back passes. We know what happened.

Anyway, kakone, blueraydick, sod, ipopalomo and others who don't watch football with emotions have already say much on here.
[/s]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
The same C. palace...

See Chelshit against them... C.P has no single shot on target... Nil the whole first half.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:
Toreira havent played dm this season, but mostly Am or box to box, but at least we saw what he did in DM last season to give an fair reference. As a DM, I can't try putting Guen if we're honest with ourselves cos he hardly shield our back line. A cm will be better for Guen cos he can roam around the pitch as he normally does. But even as a cm, I'll take ceballos over him, cos ceballos is a forward minded player than guen and if harnessed right can wriggle his way off opposition and can also take outside the box shot. The only place Guen can find himself in that midfield is cm and of course that's where he's playing.
I'm not belittling Guen effort sha of been our best midfielder so far this season(kudos to him), but why won't he wen he's the only one in that midfield played in his role. Xhaka is not a DM, toreira is not an Am and of course willock is still young.
So My brother, that's my basis tho, and it's my opinion, so it's up for debate.
Nice points you raised about players not playing the roles.

Normally I'd take Torriera in DM over Guendouzi, but being our best midfielder so far, I'd keep him in the team, in the CM role like you mentioned.

He is not competing with Ceballos as he is less an attacking player. Actually he should be competing with Xhaka, but hell.

My preferred midfield is...
Guendouzi, Torriera and Ozil.

I would not mind Ceballos, if Ozil doesn't fit in.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
PapalsBull:

Soon those witches way dey pursue you everywhere go come cancel your comment.

You are pointless.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Una they see spy again oo.
Before he deny or call us troll
Tell me how I was wrong. Guen being our best midfielder is a no brainer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
Spy360:

Tell me how I was wrong. Guen being our best midfielder is a no brainer.
okay have heard
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
iPopAlomo:
The same C. palace...

See Chelshit against them... C.P has no single shot on target... Nil the whole first half.
This man should just go I don't know what the board are waiting for. We are drifting apart just look at Chelsea at the moment cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Guen won arsenal player of the Month what has torreira achieved tongue
Chai! grin grin.
Na true o. Pro-guendouzi at least get evidence say him win arsenal player of the month. Wetin anti- guendouzi group for wan bring as facts? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:
Chai! grin grin.
Na true o. Pro-guendouzi at least get evidence say him win arsenal player of the month. Wetin anti- guendouzi group for wan bring as facts? grin
from Emisery electoral commission same that produced Xhaka as captain.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
PapalsBull:

Everything about Emery is wrong this season. First time in a very very long while I hope we lose so that they must sack this man. The man cluelessness no be here. Him just fall my hand well well, esp someone of his experience
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
from Emisery electoral commission same that produced Xhaka as captain.
grin grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
Spy360:

Nice points you raised about players not playing the roles.

Normally I'd take Torriera in DM over Guendouzi, but being our best midfielder so far, I'd keep him in the team, in the CM role like you mentioned.

He is not competing with Ceballos as he is less an attacking player. Actually he should be competing with Xhaka, but hell.

My preferred midfield is...
Guendouzi, Torriera and Ozil.

I would not mind Ceballos, if Ozil doesn't fit in.
In a fully fit Squad, ceballos over guen. Aside work rate(which by guen also have), what does guen has over ceballos?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
iamoyindamola:
This man should just go I don't know what the board are waiting for. We are drifting apart just look at Chelsea at the moment cry
Even Norwich wey lose against Watford fit beat us now
If Liverpool kids can get a draw against us, then any body can beat us now o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:
In a fully fit Squad, ceballos over guen. Aside work rate(which by guen also have), what does guen has over ceballos?
Work rate alone could mean a lot.

Don't get it twisted. Guen is not the most talented midfielder, but his performance against that of others who have not been performing is what gives him the edge. Obviously, when or if others peak, they surely would be preferred.

Torriera and Ceballos could be better players, but over the course of the season Guen has been the best performer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:
Chai! grin grin.
That's the point. In a season where others have been mediocre for whatever reason- tactics or off position, Guendouzi has been outstanding.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
Spy360:

Work rate alone could mean a lot.

Don't get it twisted. Guen is not the most talented midfielder, but his performance against that of others who have not been performing is what gives him the edge. Obviously, when or if others peak, they surely would be preferred.

Torriera and Ceballos could be better players, but over the course of the season Guen has been the best performer.
I beg to differ. Work rate without end product is almost pointless. I hardly see him use his work rate to intercept ball. He doesn't push ball forward. Yes, he hardly gets dispossessed, but that's because most of his passes aren't threatening. Remember cazola in that role and I'm seeing ceballos to give us a glimpse of that. Guen can only be useful to see out games, but for now he's to limited for a top club.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
Spy360:

That's the point. In a season where others have been mediocre for whatever reason- tactics or off position, Guendouzi has been outstanding.
Lol, not outstanding. Just consistently average. Others are just below par

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LegoxMetahuman: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2019
rooting for arsenal today.

make me happy arsenal

maximum draw against leceister cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jodera:
Even work rate guen doesn't have, ceballos always track back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Bellerin ,torreira and ozil will start
Ceballos is injured
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by DExponential(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Good Ebening Gunners grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: viciati(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.