Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2372399 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (3560) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:16am On May 07, 2021
SodO9:
Proudly cityzen

Let this useless club suffer small, I know they won't learn any lessons yet until they start battling with relegation team.
European super League contender grin grin grin
They will still not learn any lesson
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 7:00am On May 07, 2021
Fkhalifa:

They will still not learn any lesson
Never abi no be arsenal again
Watch them win 3 straight match next season and they are finally reborn grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 7:08am On May 07, 2021
This season alone
Wolves
Aston villa
Everton all broke some years to build unwanted records with ease against us.
Oh arsenal failed to score for the ninth time at home this season too another record that was smashed by Arteta cos I don't think any manager can match this grin
This is someone Smith was forced on, benched martinelli, made xhaka his utility player grin grin and still used that useless fake Brazilian (William) when the youngsters are begging for opportunities.
The only person I pity is jodera we warned him but he was hoping this hopeless club will make him hopeful but what he got was hope of juicy and creamy tears grin
At this stage the club is going down at an alarming rate, only the English fans will make or break this club at this moment.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:01am On May 07, 2021
SodO9:
This season alone
Wolves
Aston villa
Everton all broke some years to build unwanted records with ease against us.
Oh arsenal failed to score for the ninth time at home this season too another record that was smashed by Arteta cos I don't think any manager can match this grin
This is someone Smith was forced on, benched martinelli, made xhaka his utility player grin grin and still used that useless fake Brazilian (William) when the youngsters are begging for opportunities.
The only person I pity is jodera we warned him but he was hoping this hopeless club will make him hopeful but what he got was hope of juicy and creamy tears grin
At this stage the club is going down at an alarming rate, only the English fans will make or break this club at this moment.

Lol... Hot and creamy tears like hot nescafe drink grin grin. E pain me sha.
But mehn, I bin get hope ooo. This Villarreal side was too poor.
If only he'd used Cedric instead of xhaka in the first leg, maybe just maybe, we'd be in finals by now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:25am On May 07, 2021
Okayy, so I watched the match today and here are my thoughts

1... Arteta is not serious. This is supposed to be his most defining match yet, but he still told the team to put a break on the attack. Like we need a goal and an early goal for that matter, yet we are playing as if it was just a normal league match. Zero urgency, zero swift attack, zero everything.

2... In as much as we still played poorly even Though we'll be eliminated if we drew, we still missed some chances. Auba was unlucky twice with the bar. I guess it's just mother nature telling us ystdy night won't be our night.

3... One thing I noticed perhaps about our youth and feeder team is this, I think they're being taught how to create, pass and interplay, but they don't teach them how to score(mostly wingers and midfielders). Maybe it's only striker they do teach. Else, how the hell would ESR not hit the target from that range. He's not even far from the post, all he just needs to do is chip it in. Yet he chipped it out. ESR is not a good goalscorer, same things with saka, same thing with Iwobi. Perhaps if martinelli grew up in the academy maybe he'd have joined the crew. It's just so sad, esp seeing them missing easy scoring chances.

4... I know the reason why Arteta does not prefer martinelli starting. He's an urgent type of player who likes to make things happen unlike Arteta who believes in slow and steady game. Reason we haven't scored any goal with counter this season (I would like to be proved wrong tho, cos I don't remember any). Reason our attack is very very poor. Like I said ystdy he always deals on structure, and someone like martinelli might probably break that structure with his style of play.

Well, season is over for me. I no send the remaining league matches even the one against Chelsea. No more analysis and observation from me per match till perhaps end of season

Hopeful for better days, but still gunners for life
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:26am On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
I didn't get to watch the match, but if all we needed was a goal against Villarreal with all those attackers, yet it's only 2 shot on target we could produce, then na big one chance with this man.

Reason I was saying this man killed our attacking setup just so we could be "sound" defensively. E no make sense na.
Despite all the time he spent with Pep he couldn't learn his attacking tactics, plan or instincts. What he waste of school fees.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:30am On May 07, 2021
Spy360:

Despite all the time he spent with Pep he couldn't learn his attacking tactics, plan or instincts. What he waste of school fees.
grin grin grin

Omo, this one is hilarious and it still weak me same time.
But he shock me o, he played under arsene Wenger, became right hand man to Oga Pep, yet still have attacking poor technik like Moyes. Na wa oo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
Okayy, so I watched the match today and here are my thoughts

1... Arteta is not serious. This is supposed to be his most defining match yet, but he still told the team to put a break on the attack. Like we need a goal and an early goal for that matter, yet we are playing as if it was just a normal league match. Zero urgency, zero swift attack, zero everything.

2... In as much as we still played poorly even Though we'll be eliminated if we drew, we still missed some chances. Auba was unlucky twice with the bar. I guess it's just mother nature telling us ystdy night won't be our night.

3... One thing I noticed perhaps about our youth and feeder team is this, I think they're being taught how to create, pass and interplay, but they don't teach them how to score(mostly wingers and midfielders). Maybe it's only striker they do teach. Else, how the hell would ESR not hit the target from that range. He's not even far from the post, all he just needs to do is chip it in. Yet he chipped it out. ESR is not a good goalscorer, same things with saka, same thing with Iwobi. Perhaps if martinelli grew up in the academy maybe he'd have joined the crew. It's just so sad, esp seeing them missing easy scoring chances.

4... I know the reason why Arteta does not prefer martinelli starting. He's an urgent type of player who likes to make things happen unlike Arteta who believes in slow and steady game. Reason we haven't scored any goal with counter this season (I would like to be proved wrong tho, cos I don't remember any). Reason our attack is very very poor. Like I said ystdy he always deals on structure, and someone like martinelli might probably break that structure with his style of play.

Well, season is over for me. I no send the remaining league matches even the one against Chelsea. No more analysis and observation from me per match till perhaps end of season

Hopeful for better days, but still gunners for life
You're absolutely spot on with your analysis.

The first 30mins should have been a firebrigade work out. Use speed and everything to score a goal, even if we concede in the process, we would have still outscored them. But he pulled the brakes on the attack so much so that we couldn't even muster a shot on goal. Pathetic management from Arteta. I really doubt the board would want to keep him for next season. In fact we better begin a new search.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:35am On May 07, 2021
Chelsea's tuchel team is what Spy and Arteta wanted arsenal to be I guess grin. Strong defensively, yet still good in attack.

Well, Arteta proved he can't do that, cos we even have more flair, better and hardworking players than Chelsea (arguably), yet we're playing as if we're Aston villa mates.

Please Arteta should just resign biko and let better coach come
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
grin grin grin

Omo, this one is hilarious and it still weak me same time.
But he shock me o, he played under arsene Wenger, became right hand man to Oga Pep, yet still have attacking poor technik like Moyes. Na wa oo grin
We made a mistake letting Emery go too early. Probably due to his language barrier but he is a better game manager than Arteta. He can grind... grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:42am On May 07, 2021
Spy360:

You're absolutely spot on with your analysis.

The first 30mins should have been a firebrigade work out. Use speed and everything to score a goal, even if we concede in the process, we would have still outscored them. But he pulled the brakes on the attack so much so that we couldn't even muster a shot on goal. Pathetic management from Arteta. I really doubt the board would want to keep him for next season. In fact we better begin a new search.
Thanks for the feedback.

@the bolded. You really doubt? With this inept board of ours, I think he'll still be there till probably we carry on with the bad results mid next season.

Arteta started brightly when he came newly and I somehow believed in him even tho he was a rookie. But recent management and in-game decisions have changed my mind about him. He should just getaut of my club embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
Chelsea's tuchel team is what Spy and Arteta wanted arsenal to be I guess grin. Strong defensively, yet still good in attack.

Well, Arteta proved he can't do that, cos we even have more flair, better and hardworking players than Chelsea (arguably), yet we're playing as if we're Aston villa mates.

Please Arteta should just resign biko and let better coach come
He did stabilise our defense but he got his attacking tactics all wrong coupled with that sometimes the defending is so poor like in the first leg. And it has costs us. I also prefer a team like Leicester, or Man City. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:46am On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
Thanks for the feedback.

@the bolded. You really doubt? With this inept board of ours, I think he'll still be there till probably we carry on with the bad results mid next season.

Arteta started brightly when he came newly and I somehow believed in him even tho he was a rookie. But recent management and in-game decisions have changed my mind about him. He should just getaut of my club embarassed
Me that carried Arteta's matter like basket for head. I am utterly gutted by him now. Abeg we need an experienced head next season, even if it's for one season. Someone who can manage a game. That's what Everton has done with Ancelotti.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:47am On May 07, 2021
Spy360:

We made a mistake letting Emery go too early. Probably due to his language barrier but he is a better game manager than Arteta. He can grind... grin
I don't think so. A team/board can pardon a manager for anything (not winning trophies, become mid table team etc), but you see losing the dressing room. No manager ever survives that grin

Check our 2-2 against Southampton last season, the equalizer lacazette did, nobody even celebrated with him at all, and even him was putting a very regrettable face like "why did I score sef". It was just so bad, and in such a scenario, no going back.

Even lampard dat was sacked didn't lose his dressing room the way Emery did
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:49am On May 07, 2021
Spy360:

Me that carried Arteta's matter like basket for head. I am utterly gutted by him now. Abeg we need an experienced head next season, even if it's for one season. Someone who can manage a game. That's what Everton has done with Ancelotti.
Lol... I remember na. You turned me to believer and almost turned Ro.land too sef.

Mehn , Arteta fall hand sha cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:55am On May 07, 2021
Spy360:

He did stabilise our defense but he got his attacking tactics all wrong coupled with that sometimes the defending is so poor like in the first leg. And it has costs us. I also prefer a team like Leicester, or Man City. grin
That's what I was saying. It was useless improving the defence if your attack will suffer heavily, reason why I used Chelsea as example. No matter how strong they are defensively, they still create chances for Werner to miss at least grin. Imagine they don't create chances at all, or just few and far in between.

Well, I think the only advantage if Arteta is sacked will that he's lay a foundation for good defence. Hopefully ooo..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 1:01pm On May 07, 2021

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
That's what I was saying. It was useless improving the defence if your attack will suffer heavily, reason why I used Chelsea as example. No matter how strong they are defensively, they still create chances for Werner to miss at least grin. Imagine they don't create chances at all, or just few and far in between.

Well, I think the only advantage if Arteta is sacked will that he's lay a foundation for good defence. Hopefully ooo..
you really think the defence is good?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:26pm On May 07, 2021
purplekayc:
you really think the defence is good?
I don't think so tbh, but I just feel it's better than the kinda foundation Arsene Left. Hopefully, a good coach will improve on it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:10pm On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... I remember na. You turned me to believer and almost turned Ro.land too sef.

Mehn , Arteta fall hand sha cheesy cheesy

Credit to @Spy360, he stood by his MCM throughout and gave Arteta numerous benefits of doubts before calling him out to be sacked.

Thank God say my head strong too much..After watching the end of last season and the start of this season, I knew he was not what he was presented to be. If we were a class of knife, we can’t slice through butter.. that is how blunt our offense is..I don’t even see the improvement in the defense that you guys are raving about.

Yesterday, we needed to score, what did he do? Removed Auba, bring in Nketiah who easily could have gotten a second yellow in less than 5 mins after coming in. The minute I saw Martinelli start against Newcastle, I knew he was destined for the bench against Villarreal.

Arteta needs to leave immediately and biko na o my Hale End boys I wan watch for the rest of the season. A new coach, an experienced one preferable is imperative.. No more experiments..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2021
What will happen to arteta now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 2:23pm On May 07, 2021
Honestly I think he tried but the players didn't nput in enough heart
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:29pm On May 07, 2021
Roland17:

Credit to @Spy360, he stood by his MCM throughout and gave Arteta numerous benefits of doubts before calling him out to be sacked.

Thank God say my head strong too much..After watching the end of last season and the start of this season, I knew he was not what he was presented to be. If we were a class of knife, we can’t slice through butter.. that is how blunt our offense is..I don’t even see the improvement in the defense that you guys are raving about.

Yesterday, we needed to score, what did he do? Removed Auba, bring in Nketiah who easily could have gotten a second yellow in less than 5 mins after coming in. The minute I saw Martinelli start against Newcastle, I knew he was destined for the bench against Villarreal.

Arteta needs to leave immediately and biko na o my Hale End boys I wan watch for the rest of the season. A new coach, an experienced one preferable is imperative.. No more experiments..
Lol... I think I'm overrating this our defence sef, cos we hardly keep any clean sheets. I remember even under Wenger, sczeneny won golden glove (meaning our team had more clean sheets). Realistically thinking about it sef, our defence isn't as improved the way we're (spy and I) saying it.

Also, I don wash my hand for Arteta matter and in game management(esp martinelli and formations).
We need a goal, and you're putting nketiah. Not just that, you're putting him at 90+ min thereby wasting our own precious time. And this isn't the first time he's doing such.
I grew up to know the winning team tactically waste time by doing subs at 90+ minutes in order to kill time, but Monsieur prof Arteta is revolutionizing it grin

He should just do and go joor
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:32pm On May 07, 2021
purplekayc:
Honestly I think he tried but the players didn't nput in enough heart
You think that's not his fault?
If he cannot make them to see how important that match is i.e winning first European trophy for arsenal, and making sure we won't entirely miss European competition next season, plus the allure of playing in the champions league. If all these things and more, and the players didn't put enough heart like you alluded, then it's definitely Arteta's fault and nobody else
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 2:41pm On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
You think that's not his fault?
If he cannot make them to see how important that match is i.e winning first European trophy for arsenal, and making sure we won't entirely miss European competition next season, plus the allure of playing in the champions league. If all these things and more, and the players didn't put enough heart like you alluded, then it's definitely Arteta's fault and nobody else
even during Wenger's time some of them were playing like this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:03pm On May 07, 2021
purplekayc:
even during Wenger's time some of them were playing like this
Nah!... It was during 2014/2015 upwards I'll agree.
We always have this tendency to start the 2nd leg with urgency
We might lose first leg, but 2nd leg, we'll drag it out, esp if it's our home

Ac Milan won us 4-0 first leg
2nd leg we won them 3-0 scoring an early goal.

Bayern won us 3-1 1st leg
We won them 2-0 in Germany (eliminated through away goals)

Even barca that won us 3-1 lost 2-1 first leg.
Aside Monaco(which we still won in their home), most of the teams winning us a very strong teams not mincemeal like Villarreal. That's a poor Villarreal side with very very average players not Villarreal of over 10yrs ago.

It's all on Arteta fault
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 6:06pm On May 07, 2021
https://fb.watch/5lbcNW-QHB/

good ebening meine Lieblinge undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:06pm On May 07, 2021
Arteta out , he should not only get out but take Willian along with him.....

Willian is the worst signing arsenal ever made since I became a fan. Do u know Willian played 36 games and has recorded 0 goals ? Even Kim Kallstrom that spent injury ravaged half season at arsenal managed to score in a penalty shoot-out on our way to winning FA cup that year.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:00pm On May 07, 2021
grin grin

After he brought on Nketiah , I started packing my loads.
If he badly needed a goal, he should have brought in Gabriel as the second CF and instruct the wingers to put in crosses.
What angered me most was during the stoppage time, there were ESR,Pepe,Partey,Bellerin and Willian all on the right wing interchanging useless passes. like WTF , grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:23pm On May 07, 2021
mostob:
grin grin

After he brought on Nketiah , I started packing my loads.
If he badly needed a goal, he should have brought in Gabriel as the second CF and instruct the wingers to put in crosses.
What angered me most was during the stoppage time, there were ESR,Pepe,Partey,Bellerin and Willian all on the right wing interchanging useless passes. like WTF , grin grin
Lol... Forget Arteta.
You need a goal you're removing Auba, something that all of auba laca pepe saka martinelli ought to be om the pitch at once even if he wants to add Nketiah join sef.

We need a goal, wen everyone suppose to be inside box at 90min, players are still taking up positions at their respective wings.

Mehn, just forget Arteta, that match pain me die

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:26pm On May 07, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Arteta out , he should not only get out but take Willian along with him.....

Willian is the worst signing arsenal ever made since I became a fan. Do u know Willian played 36 games and has recorded 0 goals ? Even Kim Kallstrom that spent injury ravaged half season at arsenal managed to score in a penalty shoot-out on our way to winning FA cup that year.

Lol... We for kukuma give am pk make him play na. Sha season never end, him still get 4 matches more to play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:45pm On May 07, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Forget Arteta.
You need a goal you're removing Auba, something that all of auba laca pepe saka martinelli ought to be om the pitch at once even if he wants to add Nketiah join sef.

We need a goal, wen everyone suppose to be inside box at 90min, players are still taking up positions at their respective wings.

Mehn, just forget Arteta, that match pain me die
Painful? I don't think so. once I saw both ESR and
Odegard in the starting line up, I just weak.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (3560) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.