Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2370086 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

What is this you are saying? AC Milan got to the SF to face their arch rivals who share the same stadium with them and couldn't even score a goal in two legs, yet you say they should be applauded. Applauded for what please? For losing to their mate or for their super mentality that Arsenal should learn from?

Bros you are either biased or afraid to shake table. Simple.

I am interested in what Iamoyindamola has to say about this.
I'm talking about expectations and targets from this current arsenal team using the Milan scenario. Wetin concern me with Milan?
It is simple na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2023
With 9 games to go for Arsenal, this is the EPL table.

Have some shame and admit the obvious, it doesn’t take anything away from whom you are!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

Thanks bro. I wish others will come forward like you.

I wouldn't say we overachieved because what we got was top 4 and not the title. I wouldn't also agree that we bottled the league because we were not expected to win it. You only bottle what you are expected to achieve. Many pundits didn't even expect us to finish top 4.

I am disappointed that we lost the title as it stands. But I would not say we bottled the league.
The bolded is just apt. Tell me before that Liverpool match that arsenal were not expected to win the league. Who has the highest winning percentage between City and arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:57am On May 17, 2023
mostob:
As number 8 maybe. That seems to be his best role. That way, we will have Ode and Mount as 8s. Not sure though..just saying
In as much we need a good no8 that can deputise Ordegaard, Mount isn’t the man to take that role nah.

Well, I trust Arteta and Edu to make good signing, but Mount is a no no
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:57am On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

You think it's easy to win matches under pressure from City and injuries?

A Liverpool fan told me few weeks ago, that he saw hell chasing or being chased by City. We caved in due to pressure.

We will finish with over 81points, that will be about what Napoli needed to win their league. PSG and Bayern have less points and still top their leagues.

I am not going to support the ban wagon of jesters who know not about mentality because their mediocre analysis cannot wash away the improvement Arsenal have achieved this season.

If AC Milan can be excused then it is biased argument not to excuse Arsenal too.
D think say pressure wey Man city dey pumps easy. Make dem ask Liverpool fans how e affect dem too.
Look at all the certified/potential league winners in all the league and compare them with their second position(ie Teams who had same form as us in Barca and Napoli). While we're all In 80+ points, their second is in 60+ points with only Madrid crossing into the 70+ point but at 71. Take our man city and the next team will be at 60+ point

Na only us they feel the heat because na Man city dey our back. Barca have drawn back to back, same as Napoli (and it's not against top teams)but their league is already assured because dem dey pass the others with over 12pts. But they'd expect me to insult arsenal's overall season because we drew against Southampton and West Ham.

Not me!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:58am On May 17, 2023
Jodera:
Were they playing Bayern?
It's inter bro and we should clap for them

That's not even my issue with the thesis. Imagine an Italian champion whose target is to just qualify from the group stage! Group stage oo!!

Even if we finished 4th, that's suppose to be a norm not a target but we should be happy they reached SF.

And this 5 point clear is nada! We still have them at Etihad and they have a superior goal difference than us. It'll take a very very strong experienced team to win/draw them at Etihad while winning all our whole matches without feeling the heat from Man city.

Well... I merely used that AC Milan talk to buttress my point on expectations concerning Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:59am On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

You think it's easy to win matches under pressure from City and injuries?

A Liverpool fan told me few weeks ago, that he saw hell chasing or being chased by City. We caved in due to pressure.

We will finish with over 81points, that will be about what Napoli needed to win their league. PSG and Bayern have less points and still top their leagues.

I am not going to support the ban wagon of jesters who know not about mentality because their mediocre analysis cannot wash away the improvement Arsenal have achieved this season.

If AC Milan can be excused then it is biased argument not to excuse Arsenal too.

You are playing in the most competitive league in the world, who is supposed to be chasing you? Did we play City when we dropped 3 consecutive shambolic performances..How about the City performance when it mattered the most? AC Milan made it to the semi finals in a knockout competition, they did not choke any lead in the competition!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:59am On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

In as much we need a good no8 that can deputise Ordegaard, Mount isn’t the man to take that role nah.

Well, I trust Arteta and Edu to make good signing, but Mount is a no no
Mount is good on his day bro but as for me sha, anything from Chelsea is a no. However, if Arteta wants him, he should go ahead.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:04pm On May 17, 2023
Jodera:
Like I said, you're expecting us to get over 95+ points to win the league. Anybody that watched that West ham game knows that it's title pressure that caused that performance after we conceded the first goal and that because there's no room for error, thus they became too careful and passive to a fault.
Southampton same thing. Two Mistakes!
Odegaard, the chief space scanner hurriedly gave a pass without scanning his area and it resulted to goal. Same thing he did against Man city. You think say no be because of Man city in their minds? Dey play!

This same Napoli lost/drew against team that's similar to west ham and Southampton or Liverpool in their league but nobody call them bottlers. Why because the person pursuing dem no deh like Man city.

Me, I'll look at their overall performances and know that this experience is a learning curve. Same thing next season and they won't be spared
And you think we can win a trophy with what you summarize here? If you can't deal with pressure as a team, you have no business challenging for the title. Do you think City won't mount pressure next season? BTW, how you take know they all have City on their mind? Until that City match, all of them who got interviewed always hammered on the fact that they're only focusing on themselves. See ehn, Arsenal tried this season but they didn't do enough. Using the 'top 4 was actually the target' narrative is just a cowardly excuse to me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2023
Jodera:
Like I said, you're expecting us to get over 95+ points to win the league. Anybody that watched that West ham game knows that it's title pressure that caused that performance after we conceded the first goal and that because there's no room for error, thus they became too careful and passive to a fault.
Southampton same thing. Two Mistakes!

Odegaard, the chief space scanner hurriedly gave a pass without scanning his area and it resulted to goal. Same thing he did against Man city. You think say no be because of Man city in their minds? Dey play!

This same Napoli lost/drew against team that's similar to west ham and Southampton or Liverpool in their league but nobody call them bottlers. Why because the person pursuing dem no deh like Man city.

Me, I'll look at their overall performances and know that this experience is a learning curve. Same thing next season and they won't be spared

In case you are unaware, the embolden just described the art of choking and bottling! It is okay to admit it in other languages outside of the main word!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2023
Jodera:
You see, that's my issue.

Most of you claim you didn't throw the team and the coach under the bus but most of you guys post here says otherwise.

Talking about how the team is shambolic or Arteta isn't good and why they're bottlers is throwing the team under the bus. Like Spy said, you all are looking at the final result instead of the overall process. That's akin to saying Saka is a bad player in euros2020 because of the missed Pk. Knowing how badly England needed that win the way we needed this league, maybe you guys can agree with them that Saka is a bottlejob in that competition too

Tbh, we need to be realistic and most of us aren't. We still think arsenal prior this season was an elite team when we all know Arteta Is making us to get there. Team that haven't been in UCL for the past 6-7yrs.

If you watch this season well, first half of the season, we played beautifully knowing fully well we were looking for top 4. We kept on winning our matches as out then rivals kept on dropping points. It reached a stage we were no longer looking at them(and ourselves) and more at Man city. Mistakes ordinarily Partey and Odegaard wouldnt make, they were making it back to back and the worst part is that it was costly as it yielded to opponent capitalising and scoring us. If you think the players didn't feel the title pressure which is a different kinda pressure ... Abeg think again.

The good thing is that they have the experience now. They are very young and not even at their peak. We'll surely get better with their experience and hopefully by good signings same way we did last season entering into this season.
This is what I'm looking forward to, not doing as if this team is at their peak hence shouldn't have faltered. The way most of you are saying it, someone will think we might not have another chance again next season. They may be right and they might also be wrong, but one thing is certain, a person or team on the ascendancy would always have another opportunity compared to the team that isn't.

That's what I'm banking on with respect to this season's performances, their age profile, the talent in the squad and possible good additions.

Anybody wey never fail before, make him raise hand up!
God... grin grin Jodera.. you're not getting the point.
Nobody is throwing the team under the bus na... Yea, some criticized the coach here. The main issue was when some started saying we overachieve by coming second and that top 4 was the target. That's what we're against na.
I don't think this argument has something to do about the players and coach sef.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:08pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
The bolded is just apt. Tell me before that Liverpool match that arsenal were not expected to win the league. Who has the highest winning percentage between City and arsenal?
To be honest, I clearly said that if we win Liverpool, then I'm now confident we would be favourite to win the league. I can dig it out if you want.
The thing is that 5point isn't any advantage against city side. Even Liverpool stronger than us in mentality and experience have fluffed 5points on two separate occasions against Man city when man city pip them.

If you follow my post, you'd know I was reserved about this title talk cos I know who dey my back. While I wanted us to keep on winning, I didn't want to entertain any idea that I'm favourite until I know I give Man city massive point gap or if with still that same 5 points, then it'll be after Man city game with at least 5 games to go. Well, both didn't happen and that Liverpool's and West Ham game was the death knell

I know what Man city with Liverpool experience how they are and I know this team too esp their title experience. They've not been here before.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:10pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
God... grin grin Jodera.. you're not getting the point.
Nobody is throwing the team under the bus na... Yea, some criticized the coach here. The main issue was when some started saying we overachieve by coming second and that top 4 was the target. That's what we're against na.
I don't think this argument has something to do about the players and coach sef.

I told you these guys have their own agenda! They want to box people who think differently into a corner! Soon they will tell us we are fake Arsenal fans, I am waiting for that day!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 12:13pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
Mount is good on his day bro but as for me sha, anything from Chelsea is a no. However, if Arteta wants him, he should go ahead.
We don’t need a player who is just good on his days bro, what we need is a player that is good consistently.

Like you said, anything from Chelsea is crap but Arteta has my trust on his signings sha..

What’s your take on Cancelo and Zubimendi that we’re linked to
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:21pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
And you think we can win a trophy with what you summarize here? If you can't deal with pressure as a team, you have no business challenging for the title. Do you think City won't mount pressure next season? BTW, how you take know they all have City on their mind? Until that City match, all of them who got interviewed always hammered on the fact that they're only focusing on themselves. See ehn, Arsenal tried this season but they didn't do enough. Using the 'top 4 was actually the target' narrative is just a cowardly excuse to me.
By the way they played. There's difference between talking and doing esp when we conceded the first goal

Odegaard was making mistakes in that match, arsenal refuses to press instead they backpedalled not to concede the 2nd goal. It has nothing to do with west ham quality that day. Many mistakes and you can't say it's a bad day cos we started brightly. Even Partey was scratching his head after missed pass upon missed passes(either underhit or overhit).

Tell me if it's not pressure?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:27pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
it's a process. As long as we keep on doing right, experience will take care of the rest. I'll be very angry if they've had this experience before and still faltered not because we were not good enough but because of same experience.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:37pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

We don’t need a player who is just good on his days bro, what we need is a player that is good consistently.

Like you said, anything from Chelsea is crap but Arteta has my trust on his signings sha..

What’s your take on Cancelo and Zubimendi that we’re linked to
I have not really watch him live but his highlights look impressive. He is similar to Rice IMO. A good and mobile ball carrier. Cancelo? He is good and should provide good cover for both RB and LB.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2023
Jodera:
it's a process. As long as we keep on doing right, experience will take care of the rest. I'll be very angry if they've had this experience before and still faltered not because we were not good enough but because of same experience.

That's the point. Our summer signings will determine what to expect next season. Experience and mentality are part of what made us lost the league to City. Hopefully, we will get there soon.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:42pm On May 17, 2023
Roland17:

Investigative jounalism, e nukwa!!!!

My Milan side did not choke a 2 goal lead in the semi-finals. This Milan side did not stop playing after getting out of the group stage, they made their way into the semi finals of the biggest club competition. Who is Arsenal competing against?

I have said it before that you guys are hasty writers who are chasing shadows. My Milan side had every right to stop playing and pursing the UCL after the group stages but they did not. If you read the post he was making reference to, you should once again see the difference highlighted in both situations.

Last season, Milan were champions, did anyone predict they had any chance? But guess what? They found themselves in a position to win it all and they buckled down and won the league because that is what you should do!
You still get energy 😁
Once a bottler always a bottler
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:42pm On May 17, 2023
Jodera:
By the way they played. There's difference between talking and doing esp when we conceded the first goal

Odegaard was making mistakes in that match, arsenal refuses to press instead they backpedalled not to concede the 2nd goal. It has nothing to do with west ham quality that day. Many mistakes and you can't say it's a bad day cos we started brightly. Even Partey was scratching his head after missed pass upon missed passes(either underhit or overhit).

Tell me if it's not pressure?
Jodera, whether we're competing for top 4 or the league, such performance is not excusable. You need to try and put up your best performance every time regardless of the pressure or temperature. Imagine Liverpool and Chelsea were competing for top 4..just imagine
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:44pm On May 17, 2023
Roland17:

I told you these guys have their own agenda! They want to box people who think differently into a corner! Soon they will tell us we are fake Arsenal fans, I am waiting for that day
grin grin grin
That we support the team no mean say we should not say the truth when it matters.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
grin grin grin
That we support the team no mean say we should not say the truth when it matters.

Jodera has been talking about mistakes here and there and in one of his posts above that I emboldened, he described the perfect art of choking/ bottling.. so what are still arguing for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:53pm On May 17, 2023
Roland17:

In case you are unaware, the embolden just described the art of choking and bottling! It is okay to admit it in other languages outside of the main word!
That to me is lack of experience. A team that choke or is a chokejob is a team who do such over and over again. Season in, season out.

I'll Judge them next season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:54pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
Jodera, whether we're competing for top 4 or the league, such performance is not excusable. You need to try and put up your best performance every time regardless of the pressure or temperature. Imagine Liverpool and Chelsea were competing for top 4..just imagine
We'll be here next season by God's grace.

I drop my pen!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:05pm On May 17, 2023
Jodera:
That to me is lack of experience. A team that choke or is a chokejob is a team who do such over and over again. Season in, season out.

I'll Judge them next season

Na fam, your quote perfectly described what it means to bottle or choke under pressure, especially when you consider we did the same thing last season with the top 4.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 1:29pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
I have not really watch him live but his highlights look impressive. He is similar to Rice IMO. A good and mobile ball carrier. Cancelo? He is good and should provide good cover for both RB and LB.
We should go for him rather than Rice, you know the price slammed on Rice is much and I’m afraid of most English players especially if they’re overhyped..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 1:34pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
grin grin grin
Did you watch the match against Brighton? If you did, do you see how the fans trooped out of the stadium when they were loosing 2 nill?

The fans were angry at the performance and the bottling and they expressed their displeasure by walking out before the match ended cause they were disappointed but some of our fans over here don’t want us to criticize the team when they Bleep.ed up.

Criticism gives room for Development.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

Did you watch the match against Brighton? If you did, do you see how the fans trooped out of the stadium when they were loosing 2 nill?

The fans were angry at the performance and the bottling and they expressed their displeasure by walking out before the match ended cause they were disappointed but some of our fans over here don’t want us to criticize the team when they Bleep.ed up.

No not in arsenal you must praise them
They did a hell of work maintaining the top position till they couldn't anymore, just don't use the word bottle because we never was in contention to win it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

My broda e weak me! By the 3rd goal, the same fans that have cheered us all season even when results did not go our way left the home stadium.

The players had no one to clap to after the loss. The fans openly expressed their displeasure at the performance and the disappointment of bottling the league because it discarded whatever hope they had.

Does that mean those fans are wrong? But for here, we have overachieved and should be grateful and just keep quiet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

Thank you. Hopefully they learn their lesson.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

We should go for him rather than Rice, you know the price slammed on Rice is much and I’m afraid of most English players especially if they’re overhyped..
Rice is good but that price tag is too much. Zubimendi na like 50m too sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2023
Roland17:

Jodera has been talking about mistakes here and there and in one of his posts above that I embolden he described the perfect art of choking/ bottling.. so what are still arguing for?
He probably didn't get the point. It's ok bro...we move jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.