Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,381 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:08 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2378938 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) ... (3565) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
Rice is good but that price tag is too much. Zubimendi na like 50m too sha.
Buy zubimendi plus lavia you go still collect change
Rice ko spagetti ni, i no rate that guy at all

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2023
I know they will start hand picking players for blame
Blame saka that won us points, blame ramsdale that won us points, blame odegaard
But you won't arteta that instructed zinny to be roaming about in the midfield when his primary position is been exploited
How many goals did we concede from such mistake toward the end of the season

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Buy zubimendi plus lavia you go still collect change Rice ko spagetti ni, i no rate that guy at all
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 2:48pm On May 17, 2023
Roland17:

My broda e weak me! By the 3rd goal, the same fans that have cheered us all season even when results did not go our way left the home stadium.

The players had no one to clap to after the loss. The fans openly expressed their displeasure at the performance and the disappointment of bottling the league because it discarded whatever hope they had.

Does that mean those fans are wrong? But for here, we have overachieved and should be grateful and just keep quiet.
What happened in the Emirates should be the justification for the anger shown by the fans scattered around the world, when I saw the fans trooping out, I was totally disappointed and angry that the boys bottled the league.

For the records, nobody is throwing the boys under the bus for that, we’re only angry at the way they bottled the league by carelessly loosing points and saying we overachieved this season, abi overachievement get another meaning?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2023
Roland17:

Investigative jounalism, e nukwa!!!!

My Milan side did not choke a 2 goal lead in the semi-finals. This Milan side did not stop playing after getting out of the group stage, they made their way into the semi finals of the biggest club competition. Who is Arsenal competing against?

I have said it before that you guys are hasty writers who are chasing shadows. My Milan side had every right to stop playing and pursing the UCL after the group stages but they did not. If you read the post he was making reference to, you should once again see the difference highlighted in both situations.

Last season, Milan were champions, did anyone predict they had any chance? But guess what? They found themselves in a position to win it all and they buckled down and won the league because that is what you should do!
You just can't serve two masters. undecided

You will be considered trolling if you say anything against Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 2:53pm On May 17, 2023
iamoyindamola:

No not in arsenal you must praise them
They did a hell of work maintaining the top position till they couldn't anymore, just don't use the word bottle because we never was in contention to win it
This is the definition of “Work for another man chop”
I think those saying we were never in contention are just using the top4 as a consolation but we’re not some mid table club that should be aiming for that.

I thought the saying that when an opportunity rear it head, one should grab hold of it by the neck but I won’t lie, I was disappointed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 2:54pm On May 17, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Buy zubimendi plus lavia you go still collect change
Rice ko spagetti ni, i no rate that guy at all
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:55pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
All these excuses about pressure from City no carry weight abeg. Every title winners have in one way or the other faced pressure from rivals. We all knew City would be a strong contender from the onset. Don't tell me you're blaming our fall on pressure mounted by City.
If you think the pressure didn't count then why did you call them mediocres aka bottlers?

It's like you say what you don't mean.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 2:56pm On May 17, 2023
Gunners,
No need crying over spilled Milk, what’s done is done.

Unto the Next✌️
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
I'm talking about expectations and targets from this current arsenal team using the Milan scenario. Wetin concern me with Milan?
It is simple na.
What are the difference in expectations and target between Arsenal and Milan?

It doesn't matter how you twist and turn, the simple fact is that you fell into the trap of excusing Milan's loss but not Arsenal's. That's called hypocrisy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
The bolded is just apt. Tell me before that Liverpool match that arsenal were not expected to win the league. Who has the highest winning percentage between City and arsenal?
Even when we were 5points ahead so to say (we played a game extra) we were still not the favourites by the bookmakers to win the league. Man City have been the favourites through out this season till today. So therefore the basis and foundation of which you termed them bottlers (especially in comparison with Milan) is a faulty one all along.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

This is the definition of “Work for another man chop”
I think those saying we were never in contention are just using the top4 as a consolation but we’re not some mid table club that should be aiming for that.

I thought the saying that when an opportunity rear it head, one should grab hold of it by the neck but I won’t lie, I was disappointed
It happened last season and the same thing was said it's annoying na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2023
Roland17:

You are playing in the most competitive league in the world, who is supposed to be chasing you? Did we play City when we dropped 3 consecutive shambolic performances..How about the City performance when it mattered the most? AC Milan made it to the semi finals in a knockout competition, they did not choke any lead in the competition!
Whatever excuse you make now is unacceptable unless you withdraw the excuse you gave to Milan. If not it's simply hypocrisy and subjective reasoning.

If you have the great mentality of champions that you claim we lacked in Arsenal, then you should not have accepted the shambolic performance of your darling club in the CL against their backyard rivals. I mean, how do you excuse that? They were not even playing against a top European team (Barcelona, R Madrid, Bayern, Man City and Man United, Liverpool, PSG or even Juventus) by standard, they were against their backyard neighbours and were beaten blue black in two legs in the same pitch (their own) under the same fans, in their own city.

Twice beaten, not shy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:02pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

Did you watch the match against Brighton? If you did, do you see how the fans trooped out of the stadium when they were loosing 2 nill?

The fans were angry at the performance and the bottling and they expressed their displeasure by walking out before the match ended cause they were disappointed but some of our fans over here don’t want us to criticize the team when they Bleep.ed up.

Criticism gives room for Development.
Even the most diehard Arsenal fans were disappointed with the outcome of the game and it's overall implications (that we have lost the title chase). My dear no one was happy.

Now, if you were to assess the performance of the team for the season as a whole, would you consider them as failed? Yes, No, or explanation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2023
iamoyindamola:
I know they will start hand picking players for blame
Blame saka that won us points, blame ramsdale that won us points, blame odegaard
But you won't arteta that instructed zinny to be roaming about in the midfield when his primary position is been exploited
How many goals did we concede from such mistake toward the end of the season
Zinchenko did not play against Brighton and we got beaten 3-0 at home.

So you see that the only point you have to criticise Arteta is pointless. In fact most people felt Zinny's absence affected the lack of control in midfield. But then agenda must have to agend, if not you cannot sleep well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

Zinchenko did not play against Brighton and we got beaten 3-0 at home.

So you see that the only point you have to criticise Arteta is pointless. In fact most people felt Zinny's absence affected the lack of control in midfield. But then agenda must have to agend, if not you cannot sleep well.
Zinchenko didn't play against city, lfc, soton and westham too right

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:20pm On May 17, 2023
Shegzdave:

What happened in the Emirates should be the justification for the anger shown by the fans scattered around the world, when I saw the fans trooping out, I was totally disappointed and angry that the boys bottled the league.

For the records, nobody is throwing the boys under the bus for that, we’re only angry at the way they bottled the league by carelessly loosing points and saying we overachieved this season, abi overachievement get another meaning?
My dear, the people that called their club bottlers are the same people that said we overachieved. Below are posts here by the same people when they said our target for this season was top four. So how come did they change overnight to say we should have won the league and therefore we are bottlers for not winning the league?

Roland17:

Let me help calm your insecurities…

Last season the goal was to get back to Europe, the Europa league particularly. However, we had a good chance to make it into the UCL but we blew it and many of us were disappointed.

The goal this season is to make the top 4 and return to the UCL. The owners have backed Arteta with good investment to help achieve this goal. The battle for top 4 is going to be tough as always, consequently, every victory is important.

#COYG

iamoyindamola:

I am happy edu confirm we must qualify for UCL this coming season, interested in what will happen if we don't
I don't pray we don't because we will lose alot of players but I want to know what will happen
As for edu he should have said this last season when fans were angry na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Zinchenko didn't play against city, lfc, soton and westham too right
Apart from City, we didn't lose any of those matches, but he didn't play against Brighton yet we lost 3-0 at home abi, you said he is the reason Arteta is a bad coach.

Which kind of biased analysis is this? Abi you think say people nor dey reason well for this thread? Like I said look for another point to nail Arteta, this one has failed. Woefully!!!
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 4:35pm On May 17, 2023
Arsenal fans dragging kokaneprodigy to Odenigbo shrine to pay for his blasphemous sins.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:36pm On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

Apart from City, we didn't lose any of those matches, but he didn't play against Brighton yet we lost 3-0 at home abi, you said he is the reason Arteta is a bad coach.

Which kind of biased analysis is this? Abi you think say people nor dey reason well for this thread? Like I said look for another point to nail Arteta, this one has failed. Woefully!!!
grin
No be una they blame saka for pk lose, odegaard for playing rubbish just now shocked shocked
Which kind amala turning be this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by adebayo201: 5:01pm On May 17, 2023
afrodoc2:
Arsenal fans dragging kokaneprodigy to Odenigbo shrine to pay for his blasphemous sins.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2023
iamoyindamola:

No be una they blame saka for pk lose, odegaard for playing rubbish just now shocked shocked
Which kind amala turning be this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 5:43pm On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

Even the most diehard Arsenal fans were disappointed with the outcome of the game and it's overall implications (that we have lost the title chase). My dear no one was happy.

Now, if you were to assess the performance of the team for the season as a whole, would you consider them as failed? Yes, No, or explanation.
If I’m to assess the performance of the boys this season compared to previous seasons, no doubt they were superb but why aim for the sky if you can aim for the moon? At the beginning of the season, we weren’t sure we’ll make top4 but along the line, the title was in our hands, why shouldn’t our focus be on the title even after dropping out of other competition?

Like I said, Why aim for the sky when you can aim for the moon??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

Alaye go they read post intoto
No they stress me abeg, did your comrades blame saka, odegaard and ramsdale or not?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 6:27pm On May 17, 2023
Exclusive picture of kokaneprodigy hiding in the bushes, waiting for the dust to settle.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

What are the difference in expectations and target between Arsenal and Milan?

It doesn't matter how you twist and turn, the simple fact is that you fell into the trap of excusing Milan's loss but not Arsenal's. That's called hypocrisy.
Guy! I hate to be misquoted. Who the f**k is doing twist and turn with you? What I posted was clear enough for everybody to understand.
Please if you don't understand, say so. But don't bring the twist and turn excuse on top my post.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

If you think the pressure didn't count then why did you call them mediocres aka bottlers?

It's like you say what you don't mean.
Their performances. Na pressure from City made us bottle a 2-goal lead twice?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2023
Spy360:

Even when we were 5points ahead so to say (we played a game extra) we were still not the favourites by the bookmakers to win the league. Man City have been the favourites through out this season till today. So therefore the basis and foundation of which you termed them bottlers (especially in comparison with Milan) is a faulty one all along.
City were favourite to win the league? Throughout the season? Issokay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 17, 2023
afrodoc2:
Kokaneprodigy come outside!

I need you to write a 500 word essay on the positive effects of coming second in the league.
Why?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 7:04pm On May 17, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

Why?

You didn't delve deep into this your post below. All your fans and well-wishers are waiting for your 500-word treatise on why second is not bad.

You can't just drop such a deep and perspicacious statement without offering your fanbase a robust exegetical explanation.

kokaneprodigy:
Second is not bad sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
Jodera, UCL and EPL are different competitions. If Arsenal should reach the semi final of the UCL next season and lose to Madrid or even Bayern, the players will be applauded. That is it. You can't compare both scenarios.
You can't lead Madrid, Barca and Bayern with 5-0 in first leg then bottle it in 2nd leg with a 6-0 loss and you tell me I should applaud? I won't...that's weakness
Normally those teams are favorite but when the opportunity presents itself, then grab it...that's what some teams do
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Have never invested in arsenal as I did this season
The pain is unbearable,I dan even plan giveaway to celebrate our ghost league trophy embarassed
So many sifia pains they put fans through..
I know a guy in my area who has been looking forward to May to come celebrate with me, I just dey hide am...Him think I still be die hard fan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) ... (3565) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.