Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,248 members, 7,880,923 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:20 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2378464 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) (3084) ... (3565) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2023
Spy360:

Havertz is better than ESR in terms of talents. In terms of performance he is still better.

That does not mean that ESR cannot improve to best him.
... Your first paragraph is without facts but it's okay...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2023
mostob:
Tonali is good. I'd say Jorginho. He is not as physical and defensive as Partey.
He's average 70m is too much for him, that mean locatelli will be worth double of his price
Ask roland17 he can't bench bennacer

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:40am On Jun 23, 2023
germaphobe:
you can't keep ur best player on the bench when you know he can and wants to help the team. Saka was still struggling with the injury even as the represented england, even Southgate said it too. That shows that the injury wasn't too serious. Even tho I support that he should have played nelson more and give him more minutes
Sincerely, I get your point but all I’ve been saying since is getting a someone thatArteta trusts can deputise him so that person can play in domestic Cup games rather than just playing him every games since he doesn’t trust Nelson cause I wouldn’t want that young Man to burn out due to fatigue.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

He's average 70m is too much for him, that mean locatelli will be worth double of his price
Ask roland17 he can't bench bennacer
Thought he do start with Bennacer in a double pivot. 70m is too much truly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Skimpledawg(m): 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I they look you with my binoculars now
Na make rain pursue you from mountain remain
grin grin grin
We don dey build duplex for ontop Mountain o.

If you know, you know grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Jodera:

Lol... If you think I'm using only last season to judge him, then you must be very very mistaken.

Sha, make we keep our fingers crossed!

This signing just dey pain my bro grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ibunkun1:

This signing just dey pain my bro grin grin grin
Lol... Make I no lie, e enter me well grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibunkun1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... Make I no lie, e enter me well grin

For Arteta to go all out for him. There's something he's seen. Time will tell if he can make it work. I like Kai the boy no just improve na wetin dey vex me
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ibunkun1:

For Arteta to go all out for him. There's something he's seen. Time will tell if he can make it work. I like Kai the boy no just improve na wetin dey vex me
Well, for the sake of arsenal I just hope it works and he performs well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by toluxe0075: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
Jodera:
Well, for the sake of arsenal I just hope it works and he performs well
A player whose only ticket is the champions league final goal he scored 2 years ago? I don’t see it working.

This same guy enjoyed luxury of playing time more than many Chelsea attacking players under different mangers in the last two years, yet, the champions league final of two years ago remains his major highlight. Even with Germany, he is usually on and off. Another question is, where does Arteta plan to play him? He is already in our team sha so I have low er my expectation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
toluxe0075:

A player whose only ticket is the champions league final goal he scored 2 years ago? I don’t see it working.

This same guy enjoyed luxury of playing time more than many Chelsea attacking players under different mangers in the last two years, yet, the champions league final of two years ago remains his major highlight. Even with Germany, he is usually on and off. Another question is, where does Arteta plan to play him? He is already in our team sha so I have low er my expectation.
This has been my issue with him but the excuse popping up is that Chelsea was unstable. You'd think that it's not same Chelsea under Tuchel we all knew. Or no be the same Chelsea people like James, mount, kante and chilwell shine

Another excuse is that he's played out of position (as a CF). People are forgetting that he actually played his preferred position as an attacking midfielder under lampard but he underwhelmed seriously. It was so bad that he was drafted to wings, he underwhelmed before finally finding a home at that false 9(CF)

His personal skills, I can't even point at any to see how he'll benefit us. He Isn't a clinical scorer, not a very good creator, not a good dribbler, isn't strong on the ball, isn't a good runner with the ball, even Shot scoring him no get

The only thing na just to hope make him shine and Arteta do him magic. How he shines, I've no idea but I just know if he does, it'll be for the betterment of Arsenal!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Jodera:
This has been my issue with him but the excuse popping up is that Chelsea was unstable. You'd think that it's not same Chelsea under Tuchel we all knew. Or no be the same Chelsea people like James, mount, kante and chilwell shine

Another excuse is that he's played out of position (as a CF). People are forgetting that he actually played his preferred position as an attacking midfielder under lampard but he underwhelmed seriously. It was so bad that he was drafted to wings, he underwhelmed before finally finding a home at that false 9(CF)

His personal skills, I can't even point at any to see how he'll benefit us. He Isn't a clinical scorer, not a very good creator, not a good dribbler, isn't strong on the ball, isn't a good runner with the ball, even Shot scoring him no get

The only thing na just to hope make him shine and Arteta do him magic. How he shines, I've no idea but I just know if he does, it'll be for the betterment of Arsenal!
LOL.

I laugh sotey , I remember league don end yet we still dey lament.
Arteta is joking with his job.
We had better buy a good partey replacement in M.Coinceiado.
Our attack just need a saka back up of good quality.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Lush100:

LOL.

I laugh sotey , I remember league don end yet we still dey lament.
Arteta is joking with his job.
We had better buy a good partey replacement in M.Coinceiado.
Our attack just need a saka back up of good quality.
Lol...
I even thought Saka backup and Rice/Caicedo would be the first thing we would get but Omorr...

Well, all the best. Make we dey watch!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:07am On Jun 25, 2023
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
We’ve placed 35million on Folarin Balogun; I think that’s fair . Anybody that wants him should pay and have him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
I’m reading West Ham are interested in us adding Nketiah to the Rice deal.

I’ve seen rice play and I don’t think he’s worth the whole hype around him and the price West Ham are calling for him. If he joins city he might just end up like the Kalvan Phillips guy .

If Arteta and Edu feels they need Rice , then they should find a way to get a good bargain. As far as I’m concerned , adding Nketiah plus close to 100m for Rice is a no no.

Nketiah is not a mediocre player and we should not portray him as such . If Nketiah wants to leave due to completion in our atttacking options, then we should sell him for good money and not add him to any yeye deal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I’ve seen rice play and I don’t think he’s worth the whole hype around him and the price West Ham are calling for him. If he joins city he might just end up like the Kalvan Phillips guy .

If Arteta and Edu feels they need Rice , then they should find a way to get a good bargain. As far as I’m concerned , adding Nketiah plus close to 100m for Rice is a no no.

Nketiah is not a mediocre player and we should not portray him as such . If Nketiah wants to leave due to completion in our atttacking options, then we should sell him for good money and not add him to any yeye deal.
All these things Westham is demanding all boils down to Rice being an English player cause I don’t see the reason for them demanding Nketiah to the deal, Nketiah is not mediocre like you said..
I feel if Westham are still demanding Nketiah to the deal, then they should leave him to City cause he must not flop after all these.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
Shegzdave:

All these things Westham is demanding all boils down to Rice being an English player cause I don’t see the reason for them demanding Nketiah to the deal, Nketiah is not mediocre like you said..
I feel if Westham are still demanding Nketiah to the deal, then they should leave him to City cause he must not flop after all these.

Na English players they flop pass, I don't even rate him one bit
We should leave partey and get lavia jare even if jourghino leaves we are still covered
We should move on to xhaka replacement
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Na English players they flop pass, I don't even rate him one bit
We should leave partey and get lavia jare even if jourghino leaves we are still covered
We should move on to xhaka replacement
Exactly, getting Latvia should be the priority sef, I’m only interested in the dude cause Arteta wants him cause I don’t trust the dude sef, but now demanding Nketiah to the deal like he is a finished player is rubbish..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:
We’ve placed 35million on Folarin Balogun; I think that’s fair . Anybody that wants him should pay and have him.
35m for Balogun is not a fair price to me. This dude is about to blow. I think we can keep him and make him fight for shirt. I also think that's what Arteta would e looking at seeing he is not signing any new striker.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The propose bid is just about 90m. If Nketiah should be included it should definitely drop below 60m maximum. However I do not Arteta will want to do a player swap deal.

West Ham rather is rumoured to be interested in Man City's Kalvin Phillips. But Rice doesn't want City. They have Rodri and just signed Kovacic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
Spy360:

35m for Balogun is not a fair price to me. This dude is about to blow. I think we can keep him and make him fight for shirt. I also think that's what Arteta would e looking at seeing he is not signing any new striker.
He’s not ready to stay on bench and he can’t bench any of those cf we have
Selling him is the right choice with buy back clause
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
Spy360:

Balogun has made it clear, he’s either promised a good number of games this coming season or he’s allowed to join another club on permanent basis . It’s only fair we put a reasonable price tag on him so whoever wants him can come get him. We will be unfair to him making his exit hard with a huge price tag.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Heard Rice's father is the one who wants a bidding war. He is doing everything to frustrate the deal.

For me, if Westham want Nketiah in the deal, then we offer 50m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Jurriën Timber has reached a verbal agreement with Arsenal. He would sign until 2028. Now Ajax and Arsenal have to find an agreement.

Source: Telegraf
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
mostob:
Jurriën Timber has reached a verbal agreement with Arsenal. He would sign until 2028. Now Ajax and Arsenal have to find an agreement.

Source: Telegraf
Since when something he dan agree since before the first bid
Even lavia Dan agree personal terms
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Balogun has made it clear, he’s either promised a good number of games this coming season or he’s allowed to join another club on permanent basis . It’s only fair we put a reasonable price tag on him so whoever wants him can come get him. We will be unfair to him making his exit hard with a huge price tag.
The bolded- How?

He is an Arsenal player and like every other Arsenal player, he would be given a chance to prove himself and fight for shirt. He will be unfair to both the club and himself if he demands playing time just for the sake of it. That's a wrong mentality.

That said, for me he is a good player and good enough to play for us. I see him as a player that is capable of performing better than the ones we already have.

If he wants to leave, it should come at a cost. A huge cost.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

He’s not ready to stay on bench and he can’t bench any of those cf we have
Selling him is the right choice with buy back clause
Balogun will easily bench Nketiah and given time will also bench GJ.

He has the stamina and workrate of GJ and adds it with better finishing. Give him the ball to feet inside the box and he is hard to deal with.

Asking for guaranteed playing time is not the mentality we want at Arsenal. So if he wants to leave, let his admirers pay heavily. 50m is not too much to risk on Balogun.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueAngel444: 10:59am On Jun 26, 2023
Understand Liverpool asked conditions of Roméo Lavia deal, they’re in the race. Arsenal, working on this deal for 15 days — no official bid from both clubs yet.

😂 More than 2 whole weeks, yet no bid, when they na bid when will the deal be completed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:40am On Jun 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Since when something he dan agree since before the first bid
Even lavia Dan agree personal terms
I think Rice deal is what's stalling Lavia's deal. Also, Until Partey leaves, I don't think we will finalize the deal for Lavia. Just saying.

As for Timber, we should get it done soon unless Ajax wan craze.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
If this happened to be our final 23 man Squad:

How confident are you of this squad?

Who would you prefer in and out?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
ObaIgwe1:
If this happened to be our final 23 man Squad:

How confident are you of this squad?

Who would you prefer in and out?
Not much improvement on the first team but definitely enough quality backups. I will love to see improvement on the first team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) (3084) ... (3565) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.