Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,303 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:00 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2411088 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) ... (3593) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
He's a little drop off in quality cos the only thing I'll grade him over Jesus is goalscoring (ironically he didn't even score a goal for us).

Arsenal pre-Wc and arsenal post WC, I know which attack was more dangerous and entertaining.

But like I said, if Trossard was to start cos of Jesus injury, my mind wouldnt beat same way it wouldn't beat if White was to stand in for Saliba.

That's what I call little drop off in quality. It will not be highly significant
Are you rejecting The one he scored against Brentford at the Emirates grin grin
Trossaard is not a drop off in quality in any way
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Lol, I didn't doubt it.

My 'hmmm' is us seeing Nelson as a deputy for Saka. Over a long stretch, I don't know how it'll work.
Moreover, Nelson isn't even left footed
Nelson is ambidextrous ooo, the goal he score against Bournemouth was with his Left foot, another one against Newcastle was also his left foot and he score two with his right foot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

Are you rejecting The one he scored against Brentford at the Emirates grin grin
Trossaard is not a drop off in quality in any way
Oh.. shit
I forgot that one grin grin

Apologies embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Oh.. shit
I forgot that one grin grin

Apologies embarassed

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Roland17:

Lets be clear, White playing RB exposed us a lot and limited us offensively. Again, the reason White is benching Tomiyasu is because he plays better to Arteta's instruction and he is always available. This is why I have advocated for him to return to the CB role and compete for a place. Is he a good player? yes but don't hype him to be the 2nd coming of Lillian Thuram in his prime.

Many of us forget that no matter how bad you are as a player, once you play to detailed instructions under Pep, you'll get the nod over the better play. It's been there since Barca days. It's not new. I can list a dozen players under this table.

What makes it unnoticeable is the wins.

You've summed all i wanted saying. But I'll still write my angle about White in total. Especially body language during defending and attacking.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Roland17:
I am already worried about the future of our academy players and their ability to transition into the first team. This fear kept be checking on E. Nwaneri's contract situation and today, he signed his pro deal and committed to Arsenal. Nwaneri was courted heavily by Chelsea and City but I am glad he chose to continue with Arsenal. Nwaneri is pure talent with good prospects.
#COYG
Almost all london clubs are chasing away academy boiz than transitioning them to senior team. I'm very worried about this. Patino alone dey pain me. AMN is painful even if I understand the circumstances. We about to let Folarin go. Where's Azeez? Same way Iwobi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:59am On Jun 30, 2023
I heard this is our rumored away kit for next season. It looks good sha

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:34am On Jun 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
I heard this is our rumored away kit for next season. It looks good sha
I don't understand the black lines like snake
But I prefer this than the home and the third is the best
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I’ve not seen the third kit yet sha . I will most likely buy this one and the home jersey .

For a long time I like the home jersey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:55am On Jun 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

The home Jersey is actually nice bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
Roland17:

You better buy your bus or flight ticket to Ijebu now because it will be more expensive by the time the excuses start pouring; it is inevitable.

Bookmarked.

I intend to visit this post someday in the future when I would be demanding an unreserved apology from you.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
The Saliba Vs White argument should have been...

White Vs Nelson Vs Kiwior Vs Turner

When ranked you get White coming up tops. That settles the debate. Truth is White shouldn't be listed amongs these guys in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
Spy360:
The Saliba Vs White argument should have been...

White Vs Nelson Vs Kiwior Vs Turner

When ranked you get White coming up tops. That settles the debate. Truth is White shouldn't be listed amongs these guys in the first place.
Na dem know how dem take see am as White Vs Saliba debate cos honestly Most.ob nor I never intended it that way.

Me: If Saliba is injured, Will White be able to deputise him without no much drop in quality?
Also, how will you grade White First season with us?

Surprised Answers: Don't compare Saliba and White. Saliba is EPL team of the season, ligue 1 young player of the season, etc

Me: ?? ??

Well, the discussion don pass sha, make we no open closed discussion.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
Spy360:

Bookmarked.

I intend to visit this post someday in the future when I would be demanding an unreserved apology from you.

Nwanne, the someday in the future would have to be without Arteta as head coach of Arsenal. The fact that you will be seeking an unreserved apology from me in the future proves he has choked opportunities.

The fact is that you and your fellow believers have not proven me wrong when it comes to him, neither have any of you apologized for his failures and choke jobs on this thread, instead we have been battered with epistles of excuses, deflections and blaming everyone else including the mascot.

If he proves me wrong, I will be a man and I will tender an unreserved apology to him and all his supporters. Until then, I expect litanies of excuses for him whenever he fails.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
Roland17:

Nwanne, the someday in the future would have to be without Arteta as head coach of Arsenal. The fact that you will be seeking an unreserved apology from me in the future proves he has choked opportunities.

The fact is that you and your fellow believers have not proven me wrong when it comes to him, neither have any of you apologized for his failures and choke jobs on this thread, instead we have been battered with epistles of excuses, deflections and blaming everyone else including the mascot.

If he proves me wrong, I will be a man and I will tender an unreserved apology to him and all his supporters. Until then, I expect litanies of excuses for him whenever he fails.
They don’t have any apologies because we are the one over pushing the team
According to them the team is doing just well as they need to be

I have asked about our expectations for next season no single person have answered me
But arteta have been saying all these buying is for winning the league
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

They don’t have any apologies because we are the one over pushing the team
According to them the team is doing just well as they need to be

I have asked about our expectations for next season no single person have answered me
But arteta have been saying all these buying is for winning the league

Fellow comrade, abeg lower your mic... grin

I am patiently waiting for someone in their camp to try that lamba of the Kroenke's not supporting Arteta again.

When the players left Arsenal for their respective countries na him dem begin their own "ekun iya" about choking the league. I posted links but dem just disguise grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Roland17:

Fellow comrade, abeg lower your mic... grin

I am patiently waiting for someone in their camp to try that lamba of the Kroenke's not supporting Arteta again.

When the players left Arsenal for their respective countries na him dem begin their own "ekun iya" about choking the league. I posted links but dem just disguise grin

I will still give them time till season start maybe answer will come then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
This Loserpool away jersey hot Sha 🔥

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
This Loserpool away jersey hot Sha 🔥
Na jersey be this abi na training kit? grin

To me, this thing no fine sha undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Jodera:
Na jersey be this abi na training kit? grin

To me, this thing no fine sha undecided

Dey play 😁

Wait till u see it on a nice Jean and nice pair of white kicks .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
So I have been watching some of Timber's highlights and the kid looks courageous, strong and isn't afraid of tackling or going to the ground but I worry he jumps into many and the speed of the game may be different in the EPL. The coaching staff can help him with ensuring the timing of his tackles transition well into the EPL. Offensively he has decent pace, can dribble in open space but not tight spaces. His offense still needs a lot of work which the coaching staff can assist with.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Dey play 😁

Wait till u see it on a nice Jean and nice pair of white kicks .
Lol... maybe until I see person knock am live or probably see Liverpool live in action on it..

...else grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... maybe until I see person knock am live or probably see Liverpool live in action on it..

...else grin

E be like say everybody dey go green for away jersey. I am like you, while I no too like the jersey based on pictures, I will wait until I see it live because pictures don't tell the entire story.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Roland17:

E be like say everybody dey go green for away jersey. I am like you, while I no too like the jersey based on pictures, I will wait until I see it live because pictures don't tell the entire story.
I'm telling you.. Pictures doesn't tell the full story.

Even that arsenal own sef, I'm just undecided about it. I don't even know what to say about it whether e fine or not
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Roland17:

Lol . This my nwanne eh! grin

You have never trusted him right from day 1. You even called him rookie. Funny enough the coaches you suggested then have all been sacked by their respective clubs- Conte and Allegri.

I believe in Arteta and given the quality of additions he has made to our team, I strongly believe he can challenge and win the title.

I hope you won't give excuses for Man City and Man United when that day comes. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Spy360:

You have never trusted him right from day 1. You even called him rookie. Funny enough the coaches you suggested then have all been sacked by their respective clubs- Conte and Allegri.

I believe in Arteta and given the quality of additions he has made to our team, I strongly believe he can challenge and win the title.

I hope you won't give excuses for Man City and Man United when that day comes. grin

I really appreciate the fact that you used the embolden "Trust" instead of hate which many use. The key word is trust and he has not proven me wrong. He has used Arsenal to learn on the job and seems to have mastered some of his mistakes/ bad habits as they are predictable and reoccur.

Why will I make excuses for City and United when I want my team to win? I don't think you guys understand the thirst and desire to win that I have as a fan, especially when rare opportunities avail themselves like last season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
Spy360:

Actually he was a rookie. I mean which club did he manage before coming to Arsenal? Not even a division 3 team in a remote Africa. The only tangible thing in his CV was that he was learning under one of the best, but still he was a rokie manager.

The only thing is that he deserves more accolade than sticks, for a rookie manager to win FA cup in a short time.... rebuild a very young team and nearly made top-4 in his 2nd year and almost beat his former boss to 1st position in his 3rd year, he actually deserves some credit. I know it's painful when you almost make Top 4 and then bottled it, almost win the league but then bottled it again, I feel the pain terribly too, but I doubt anyone will feel the pain more than him.

Like Edu said, the team set up themselves for the pain, nobody expected him to win in his 3rd year.. if he was swinging between 5th and 7th and finally ended in 5th in his 2nd year, he would have been more praised.... if the team was swinging between 2nd and 5th in his 3rd year and ended up in the 2nd position he might have even won the Manager of the year... Not an excuse for the pain but it is what it is.

I believe Arteta feel the loss and the pain and has learnt his lessons more than anyone. We might have won if only Partey and Elneny didn't have injuries at the same time and if only Tomi was available when Saliba was injured...we never know. But seeing he is not planning to have a lean squad this time shows he has learnt something.

I don't know what to expect from him in the coming season, because despite all these, no one can still rate him above Pep or Klopp, but I expect him to also be up there, even if we lose to them, not a disgraceful loss like bottom championship team meeting the top Premiership teams. I decided not to set up a definite expectation so I don't feel any disappointment, but I hope we win something this season sha, even if na the smallest cup. cheesy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
Roland17:
So I have been watching some of Timber's highlights and the kid looks courageous, strong and isn't afraid of tackling or going to the ground but I worry he jumps into many and the speed of the game may be different in the EPL. The coaching staff can help him with ensuring the timing of his tackles transition well into the EPL. Offensively he has decent pace, can dribble in open space but not tight spaces. His offense still needs a lot of work which the coaching staff can assist with.
I thought he's a CB by default.
Well, with his signing, I don't whether he's coming to play RB while White returns to Rcb(as deputy) or he comes as an Rcb.

Well, when seasons starts I'll know but it's good that he's highly rated.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Jodera:
I thought he's a CB by default.
Well, with his signing, I don't whether he's coming to play RB while White returns to Rcb(as deputy) or he comes as an Rcb.

Well, when seasons starts I'll know but it's good that he's highly rated.

He is a CB who can play RB and I believe the plan is for him to play RB so that White can transition back to playing RCB.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
My take on this Arteta Matter is that he Really deserve a lot of credits.

Yes, he's a rookie coach.
Yes, he made a lot of mistakes
Yes, his start wasn't perfect

BUT

I still feel his pros outweigh his cons.

I remember how divided this fanbase was (Wengerin, Wengerout) and how most people have given up hope in this team. He has United the fans and no matter how we want to look at it, there's always optimism Within the fanbase that this team is upto something. Pre-Arteta, I doubt we had that feeling (please I'm not including Wenger's early years)

Our football is one of the best in the country. Not only that, we've young and exciting players. It's not easy to assemble such a team (esp with such a poor start to recruitment). Shout out to Kroenke too for helping (especially Josh) but I feel Arteta's vision is telling in gaining those trust.
He did a nice job pruning the guys that's not worth it here and we can see that these present players are committed and together. It's not easy to weed out such, especially as a rookie and a very young Manager

Tactical approach to games, he's very good. Yes he might be inflexible during games but that's one of the things that happens when you really trust your formation and structure, and most of the times it works out well.

The only thing lacking Is accompanying Trophies to follow suit but with the way things are panning out, I believe it's matter of "When" not "If".

Not many veteran coaches will turn around Arsenal the way Arteta did from the doldrums of Wenger last years/Emery while still holding the dressing room intact. See Conte for example, had same backings from the owner at Spurs who aren't as bad as we once were but he chickened out (as usual).

NB: Nobody last season no pain and rightly so, but one thing we can all acknowledge is that this team is on the ascendancy. Hopefully, we'll get to crown it all with success!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Roland17:

He is a CB who can play RB and I believe the plan is for him to play RB so that White can transition back to playing RCB.

Make sense!!
Saliba/White and Tomi/Timber Is very very good quality and depth to be honest!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) (3097) ... (3593) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: mostob(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.