Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,350 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:52 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2384560 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) ... (3569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Shegzdave, one day you go really explain to him how a little drop in quality go make one lose league race sha..

One would think all league-carrying teams never had deputies that stepped up when one key player was down grin
Saliba to holding grin grin in our defense line is a very good example Costing us unnecessary goals.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Na the prayer be that but most importantly, make we get able deputy incase such a thing comes up.

We should thank God Saka is always fit. Na him own dey fear me pass
Everything still boils down to rotation. Unfortunately, Arteta get Stony head. Kiwior, Nketiah, Timber should be more than capable
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Why Una no wan think am with respect to injury? Huh?

If Partey is injured and Lokonga is his deputy, my heart will skip

If Saka is injured and Nelson is his deputy, my heart will skip

But if Saliba is injured and White is his deputy, No way in hell my mind will skip.

Na the point we deh try pass since... How e take hard na grin

That’s not what the post u said Gbam to was saying . Go and read it again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

You see you only try to see it that way cause Nketiah was considered a drop in quality compared to Jesus but he we know Nketiah has eyes for goals and since he’s not the only goal scorer in the team, his team mates goals contributed to the success..

We have goal scorers in our frontline and in the squad, but at the backline, tell me if we have options like we had at the frontline? So you see that a drop in quality from the backline can cost a lot
Lol... You don dey give excuses na grin

So you're saying we would have still being in title race from that December (post world cup) if someone like Werghost is playing CF for us since according to you, we have goalscorers across the frontline? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... You don dey give excuses na grin

So you're saying we would have still being in title race from that December (post world cup) if someone like Werghost is playing CF for us since according to you, we have goalscorers across the frontline? grin
Wee ghost of all players?

Please remind Me how many goals he scored in the league last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That’s not what the post u said Gbam to was saying . Go and read it again
That post is just a mild way of saying if anything happens to Saliba and White is to deputise, there won't be an issue na.

That's normal guys' football slangs na grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Roland17:
Make una no vex, I can't entertain any kain debate that remotely places White side by side with Saliba or compares them. I can entertain a White debate in isolation but anything around Saliba is a no for me because there is no basis for it.

One has excelled in 2 different leagues, ranked top 5 best young players in most lists out there, Ligue 1 young player of the year, multiple Ligue 1 player of the month, voted into EPL team of the season.. What exactly can we say White has achieved to compare to Saliba?

Make una stop abeg. This is why I did not want to engage in this debate.

The debate from the beginning was never White Vs Saliba. Not at all.

Mostob believes that Saliba is benchable because of the availability of White compare to benching Saka with Nelson or
Gabriel with Kiwior and Ramsdale with Turner. That until we get better replacement for these 3, they are untouchable in the 1st eleven bar injury. Then someone came up to say Saliba should be the most untouchable.

While we all believe Saliba is better and should command 1st 11 naturally, replacing him with White should not bring a big drop in quality compare to the other 3 replacements. But in other to justify that Saliba should be most untouchable, he went on to belittle White as not being a good replacement which form the debate whether White is good enough or not.

I mean if you have to choose any of this substitution, which one will not worry you much

Saka vs Nelson
Gabriel vs Kiwior
Ramsdale vs Turner
Saliba vs White

I don't think it should be any brainer that one should feel more comfortable with the last compare to the 1st 3.

This is what I understand the debate to be about...if it is something else...then my apologies. And will like to make this my final submission.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

Wee ghost of all players?

Please remind Me how many goals he scored in the league last season
Exactly!!

Now you know there's difference between little drop off in quality and massive drop off in quality. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Exactly!!

Now you know there's difference between little drop off in quality and massive drop off in quality. grin

Stop twisting things joor, we’re talking of a team chasing the league with City behind them and you’re bring this analogy?

So is Holding a massive drop off in quality?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
mostob:
Everything still boils down to rotation. Unfortunately, Arteta get Stony head. Kiwior, Nketiah, Timber should be more than capable
Make we dey see how this season go be sha.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

Stop twisting things joor, we’re talking of a team chasing the league with City behind them and you’re bring this analogy?

So is Holding a massive drop off in quality?
Everyone knows Holding is a massive dropff in quality when Chasing for league. It's Facts!!!

When we were using Nketiah/Trossard when Jesus was injured, shebi na Brighton we dey pursue for league abi na Man city?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Everyone knows Holding is a massive dropff in quality when Chasing for league. It's Facts!!!

When we were using Nketiah/Trossard when Jesus was injured, shebi na Brighton we dey pursue for league abi na Man city?
First off, you’re making a mistake cause Trossaard is not a drop in quality in any way so find another narrative boss grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
mostob:
What is now the use of backups?
We were even criticizing Arteta for bringing Jesus straight to the team after that surgery. grin grin
Lol .. dem say we lack squad depth.

Now, dem say nobody fit carry league with little drop off in quality grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:

Is Timber bid accepted?
yeah this evening
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

First off, you’re making a mistake cause Trossaard is not a drop in quality in any way so find another narrative boss grin
Before I come to Trossard, did we stop competing for the league with Nketiah?

Abi that one too no be drop in quality from Jesus?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera, one day you’ll tell Me why Trossaard is a drop off in quality in any way grin grin for some that started playing for us in January and had 7assists and doesn’t start all games

I’m waiting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
germaphobe:
yeah this evening
Omorr.. Nice one.

How I wish we go just get Saka backup
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Before I come to Trossard, did we stop competing for the league with Nketiah?

Abi that one too no be drop in quality from Jesus?
You must start with Trossaard ooo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:

Omorr.. Nice one.

This is my own worry tbh but they said Nelson is his backup
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:
Jo.dera, one day you’ll tell Me why Trossaard is a drop off in quality in any way grin grin for some that started playing for us in January and had 7assists and doesn’t start all games

I’m waiting

Between Form Trossard and Form Jesus in arsenal system, who would you pick?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

You must start with Trossaard ooo grin
Shebi na Nketiah I first start with

Complete am first before we enter Trossard? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:

Between Form Trossard and Form Jesus in arsenal system, who would you pick?
Not my business, please explain how Trossaard is a drop off in quality to the frontline
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

This is my own worry tbh but they said Nelson is his backup
Hmmm...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:

Omorr.. Nice one.

ah swear bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
After all these transfers and one of you still make excuses for arteta come next season
I fit enter ijebu go cuss the person o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

Not my business, please explain how Trossaard is a drop off in quality to the frontline
How can it not be your business?

Anyone you choose mean that one has quality over the other (it can be little or much)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
How can it not be your business?

Anyone you choose mean that one has quality over the other (it can be little or much)
Life is not black or white, I can choose Jesus cause of the way he drifts to the midfield, builds up play and can choose Trossaard cause of how he torments the top teams and how he can dribble his way out to create chances. So you see Trossaard isn’t in any way a drop off in quality, also remember his performance for Brighton.

So tell Me why you think he’s a drop off in quality
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jodera:
Hmmm...
Check few pages back nah
I’ve always say Arteta doesn’t trust the lad but the said it’s cause of Saka form and I asked why couldn’t he start him in cup games
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
iamoyindamola:
After all these transfers and one of you still make excuses for arteta come next season
I fit enter ijebu go cuss the person o

You better buy your bus or flight ticket to Ijebu now because it will be more expensive by the time the excuses start pouring; it is inevitable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
Roland17:

You better buy your bus or flight ticket to Ijebu now because it will be more expensive by the time the excuses start pouring; it is inevitable.

🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

Life is not black or white, I can choose Jesus cause of the way he drifts to the midfield, builds up play and can choose Trossaard cause of how he torments the top teams and how he can dribble his way out to create chances. So you see Trossaard isn’t in any way a drop off in quality, also remember his performance for Brighton.

So tell Me why you think he’s a drop off in quality
He's a little drop off in quality cos the only thing I'll grade him over Jesus is goalscoring (ironically he didn't even score a goal for us).

Arsenal pre-Wc and arsenal post WC, I know which attack was more dangerous and entertaining.

But like I said, if Trossard was to start cos of Jesus injury, my mind wouldnt beat same way it wouldn't beat if White was to stand in for Saliba.

That's what I call little drop off in quality. It will not be highly significant
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

Check few pages back nah
I’ve always say Arteta doesn’t trust the lad but the said it’s cause of Saka form and I asked why couldn’t he start him in cup games
Lol, I didn't doubt it.

My 'hmmm' is us seeing Nelson as a deputy for Saka. Over a long stretch, I don't know how it'll work.
Moreover, Nelson isn't even left footed

(1) (2) (3) ... (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) (3096) ... (3569) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Akinbahm(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.