Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,602 members, 7,888,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

Where Were You In 1999? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Were You In 1999? (42267 Views)

Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Kwankwaso And Ganduje In 1999 And 2003 / Osita Chidoka: There Was No Nollywood When PDP Took Over In 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Pedyson: 3:01pm On May 29
I was in JSS 1
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by LegendHero(m): 3:02pm On May 29
Beremx:
serious? You should be in your early 30s then. Askari from today, you will start calling me auntie. grin grin
Oh well, you don't write like someone in his 30s though. I thought you were older maybe in his 40s or even 50s. Wow!!

Haha, I just clock 30 this year.

You are definitely aunty 😂.

🫡

2 Likes

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Krankhead: 3:02pm On May 29
yyba:
I am here to read lies from kids who will claim where they are not in 1999 undecided
You mean the ones shouting obidient up and down and want military to take over forgetting how far we have gone in the hands of the military
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by NiRfreak(m): 3:03pm On May 29
Adlac:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

It was a public holiday.
So everybody sleeps at home on Public holiday?...is that your logice...abi TV station also dont air on public holiday?
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by cadet222(m): 3:04pm On May 29
Adlac:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
It was a public holiday.
What is they own their own business Olodo.
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by victorDanladi: 3:05pm On May 29
StOla:

Must you always be partisan?

What is unprogressive about a government that has allowed anyone, including yourself, to vent their frustration without any reprisal or consequences?

Does progressive mean government policies will favour everyone?

That your preferred candidate was defeated by a political superior is not the end of progressive politics?
Dont mind the weere,he never participated in any struggle ooo
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by donbrowser(m): 3:08pm On May 29
Racoon:
Just exiting secondary school. Having participated in the June 12 political uprisings to ensure MKO Abiola reclaim his mandate, it is sad to see the present disaster on seat who claimed to be a progressive today bastardizing this nation in manner reminiscent of the inglorious Buhari’s military govt of 1984-85.

Where was Peter Obi then?
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Babastrong(m): 3:09pm On May 29
[quote author=ddlondon post=130200099]I wasn't even yet to be born

I am 2003 born [You were born when i finished secondary school @the age of 19years. chai, how are you, kid.]
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by MAYOWAAK: 3:11pm On May 29
NiRfreak:
I watched this broadcast live.....on ITV Benin
I was home alone..Dad and mom had gone to work.......

29th May 1999 was a Saturday, Your parents worked on weekends?
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Kamalex2: 3:12pm On May 29
I dey primary 5 that year
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by maysimsimple(m): 3:13pm On May 29
It is well. I was in SSS 2.
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by ChukwuObe: 3:13pm On May 29
StOla:

Must you always be partisan?

What is unprogressive about a government that has allowed anyone, including yourself, to vent their frustration without any reprisal or consequences?

Does progressive mean government policies will favour everyone?

That your preferred candidate was defeated by a political superior is not the end of progressive politics?

Do not mind the obidunce. Many of them never fought for democracy and that is why they will never taste the presidency
Even Obi claimed to have fought for democracy when we all know that he was a lapdog to Abacha regime. The can continue to deceive their family like saying Buhari was dead and cloned but they will never get there
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Disembark: 3:15pm On May 29
okomile:
Making sure my son gets to school early. He was six then

He is now a father of three at 31
grin grin

I was 5 then

Lol Ur son da vex oo
Good afternoon ma'am

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:15pm On May 29
Efuaye:
Twenty Five years of unbroken democracy, how has Nigerians fared?

I remember all the events that preceded May 29, 1999. There was excitement everywhere that at last the military was exiting the political stage in the annals of our history but today a lot of people will tell you that things are not in any way better, especially in these last few years!

The question is, Where were you and how old were you in 1999?

Is this the democracy you hoped for?

Are we there yet?

Man was in SS3 then

Let's catch all those kids that have been insulting their elders here grin

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Beremx(f): 3:20pm On May 29
LegendHero:

Haha, I just clock 30 this year.

You are definitely aunty 😂.

🫡
oh wow! You got my respect always. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by SuperEagles: 3:21pm On May 29
Everybody can lie any how you like but we know igbos did not fight for June 12. Only some Northerners n Yoruba fought for June 12.

Racoon:
Just exiting secondary school. Having participated in the June 12 political uprisings to ensure MKO Abiola reclaim his mandate, it is sad to see the present disaster on seat who claimed to be a progressive today bastardizing this nation in manner reminiscent of the inglorious Buhari’s military govt of 1984-85.

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by phemray(m): 3:22pm On May 29
farouk2much:
I was struggling to get my voters card.. I keep pushing the inec staff keep denying me says am under age... I was 15 at that time but am very smart then.... I even add 10 years to age but they refuse..

Added 10yrs,?? Why? That should be illegal. Is that the reason for more fraud nowadays?

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by okomile(f): 3:22pm On May 29
Disembark:

I was 5 then

Lol Ur son da vex oo
Good afternoon ma'am

Hehehehehe
No mind d guy.

He is the only child
Maybe that's why he has 3 now

You shall all succeed in the 9ja IJN

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Riskymarvelous(m): 3:23pm On May 29
I'm still in military base for training
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by NiRfreak(m): 3:23pm On May 29
MAYOWAAK:

29th May 1999 was a Saturday, Your parents worked on weekends?
I watched it alone Oga, I tuned it myself......I still ask....does everyone sleep cos it's Saturday and public holiday?
Doctors don't work on public holidays?
Traders don't work on public holidays
Police don't work on public holidays?
Prison officer don't work on public holidays
Bosses don't appear at work cos it's public holiday?....Abi which fooolish question u dey ask me?
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by ThatFairGuy1: 3:23pm On May 29
Nah the work wey you suppose look for be that?
Racoon:
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Jorussia(m): 3:37pm On May 29
VinnyBaba:

I was in Primary School. sad

Then When I returned back from School, I used to Buy N10 beans, N10 rice and N10 Kpomor to eat as Afternoon food. smiley

Now eating N1000 meal looks like eating Biscuits and Pure water. undecided
#30 to eat beans rice and kpomo for 1999?For Benin city it wasn't more than #15

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Aditkd(f): 3:38pm On May 29
How time flies. I was I JSS1 Queen's College, Yaba.
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Atole26: 3:42pm On May 29
I was in primary school.
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Callosobruchus(m): 3:44pm On May 29
Democracy was like heaven on earth from the beginning,I wouldn't think anyone would dispute that fact,those who couldn't afford cars started buying them,same goes for housing.Somewhere along the line the perennial corruption began manifesting itself;look at where it has gotten us to.Meanwhile,I was lying on the couch sick with malaria while listening to Obasanjo's inaugural speech.
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by Sapasenator: 3:47pm On May 29
I was in primary one then.
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by BATified2023: 3:47pm On May 29
otokpsy:

Are you sure it's 10 naira rice you were consuming then?, Cos what I use to buy then was rice of 2naira 50kobo
don’t mind that guy he just want to talk

Na bread 5 naira, moi moi 3 naira n ice water 50 kobo we dey buy then

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 3:48pm On May 29
Efuaye:

I remember all the events that preceded May 29, 1999. There was excitement everywhere that at last the military was exiting the political stage in the annals of our history but today a lot of people will tell you that things are not in any way better, especially in these last few years!

Are we there yet?

Soldier go politicians stay
Na d same same
Politicians go soldier stay
Suffer still remain

25years and we have only had a real civilian rule during Ya Adua/Jonathan and the the 1 year so far with Tinubu
The others were just military men in agbada
Imagine a whole 16years of soldier even though it's democracy
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by lekonso: 3:48pm On May 29
Nzogbu2012:
Gov Alex Otti operates Abia state affairs from his private residence in Ngwa, not from Abia government house.
Gov Otti spends N9m daily on feeding from Abia state tax payers money.
He has borrowed more than Orji Kalu, Theo Orji, Okezie Ikpeazu combined in less than 1yr in office.
He’s building substandard roads but the Pharisees aka obidient movement sees nothing wrong in it.
What is wrong in a governor living in his private residence. Jakande, former Lagos state governor lived in his private residence and went around in his private car, Toyota Crown all through his 4yr tenure as a governor, and he was the greatest former Lagos state governor
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by femi4: 3:51pm On May 29
Efuaye:

Are we there yet?
I was at Eagle Square when abdusalami was moving the military back to the barracks for good

1 Like

Re: Where Were You In 1999? by teejoyz: 3:57pm On May 29
I was in JSS2 then. I don't really see any changes in Nigeria since then despite returning to democracy. Things are getting worsen everyday.
Re: Where Were You In 1999? by R0LL0N(m): 4:00pm On May 29
Ijoba alagbada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023 ELECTIONS: Press Statement By US Embassy And Consulate. / Wole Olanipekun Secures Victory Again, Is He Nigeria's Lawyer Of The Decade? / FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.