Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,694 members, 7,911,901 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:39 PM

Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? (32124 Views)

Listening Shows The Inner Relics Of Man / Are You Familiar With The Caster? / Relics Of Ruins In Izombe, Imo Community After Nigerian Army Reign Of Terror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Racoon(m): 6:23pm On May 30
Time to catch fun again. Oldies here, Which of the followings do you still remember with nostalgia? Feel free to add yours too.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Racoon(m): 6:23pm On May 30
BlueStripper:
There is something about the OLD NIGERIA. We had peace on all fronts.You visit your muslim friends and eat their sallah meat and Kuli Kuli. They also visit and eat your Christmas meat with Limca.

They will nickname you based on your first Hausa blunder. Somthing like "Akwai-Yaro" or something. A time when the words "Aboki" truly meant "Friend" and Mallam - "Teacher". Not many cars on our roads. Ladies had their natural hairs and many had ambitions to study and travel.

Those who travelled outside the shores of Nigeria, were always delighted to come back home after studies. They also sent us letters which we all read in our rooms with spring beds. Those of them who relocated to Cameroon, Togo or Benin will bring back BonBon sweets. I miss the old Nigeria.
Beautiful memories cheesy
Well said sir. Nostalgic times I tell you. More:

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Namaster: 6:25pm On May 30
It's time to STOP this!

Threads like this inspire nostalgia. Someone like Tinubu may read it and decide to bring back a DEAD song.

P.S. Balloon is not a relic.

P.P.S "Old relics" is a tautology. Relic already means old.

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Zonefree(m): 6:26pm On May 30
The origin of scam in Nigeria. You can never win the biggest balloon.

210 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by SensualMan: 7:17pm On May 30
Beautiful nostalgia!
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by aysnoopy(m): 7:18pm On May 30
I remember all of them. I'm in my early 30s
This are when life still sweet small, not like now that hunger want to finish an average Nigerian

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by BlueStripper: 7:18pm On May 30
There is something about the OLD NIGERIA.

We had peace on all fronts.

You visit your muslim friends and eat their sallah meat and Kuli Kuli. They also visit and eat your Christmas meat with Limca.

They will nickname you based on your first Hausa blunder. Somthing like "Akwai-Yaro" or something.

A time when the words "Aboki" truly meant "Friend" and Mallam - "Teacher".

Not many cars on our roads. Ladies had their natural hairs and many had ambitions to study and travel.

Those who travelled outside the shores of Nigeria, were always delighted to come back home after studies. They also sent us letters which we all read in our rooms with spring beds.

Those of them who relocated to Cameroon, Togo or Benin will bring back BonBon sweets.

I miss the old Nigeria.

Beautiful memories cheesy

150 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by farouk2much(m): 7:18pm On May 30
All of the above
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Trueigbo: 7:18pm On May 30
All these coming up now because of old National anthem

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Noniblaq1(m): 7:19pm On May 30
Omo man don old o. I sell vintage shirts in Abuja. See my bio now o

4 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Didamszeb(m): 7:19pm On May 30
; cheesy
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by YoungLionken(m): 7:19pm On May 30
Today's obviously throwback Thursday, here on nairaland..

Na so so back to back remembrance..

I'm conversant with all you posted though...

8 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Mercylike: 7:19pm On May 30
angry angry

Old and relics....... It's the same thing.. I remember that cassette own...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by otherway: 7:19pm On May 30
Hmmm!

That clipper was used to barb my hair in 1985 when I was a little boy.

15 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by adioolayi(m): 7:19pm On May 30
Namaster:
It's time to STOP this!

Threads like this inspire nostalgia. Someone like Tinubu may read it and decide to bring back a DEAD song.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by RandomFellow: 7:20pm On May 30
Omo... That 3 loader CD

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by mrjoeblinks: 7:20pm On May 30
Ehen?
Tigerhead torch light nko?

3 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by horia: 7:20pm On May 30
what is with the old memories on nairaland cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by jmoore(m): 7:20pm On May 30
Floppy disk. So big and not up to 1gb.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by onadana: 7:21pm On May 30
If you remember any of these or used them,you should be married now and expecting grand children in a while.There was no curse of Ebola Tunubu.

2 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by sleek214(m): 7:21pm On May 30
Zonefree:
I dey tell you

3 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by saphiere(f): 7:22pm On May 30
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23pm On May 30
People don old for dis forum o.
Kids on Nairaland won't know.

......This and many others.
Let's reminisce book-wise...

The good ol' days when men were boys.
And women were girls.
And virginity was sweet cool

kasim155:

Whaooo the good old days, From pic, I read, The God's are not to blame, Things fall apart, Eze goes to school, Chike and the River, Story my mother told me, College days of John Ojo, Echo of the dark, Without a silver spoon, etc
Those are realy the good old days!
Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

Anakazo22:

These are the kind of books our kids should read, really inspirational and has so much moral values in them
You can say that again Sir.
Truer words have never been spoken.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23pm On May 30
Zonefree:
Gbam!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by abba190: 7:23pm On May 30
aysnoopy:
I remember all of them. I'm in my early 30s
This are when life still sweet small, not like now that hunger want to finish an average Nigerian
im 30year old i know them all. it reminds me of good old days not this time that w r always thinking about next food

4 Likes 1 Share

Namaster:
It's time to STOP this!

Stale and not even funny.
Kids everywhere tongue

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by pretydiva(f): 7:24pm On May 30
All of the above

1 Like

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:25pm On May 30
The aiwa c.d loader we had was older than the one you posted. One c.d loader and you load the c.d ontop not the normal tray loader..mehn remember jamming tony tetulla " u don jam my car"

4 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by GreenxGreen: 7:26pm On May 30
cheesy

I swear I saw this last month when I traveled to Lome - Togo 😁😁😁😁
It's still very much in circulation there !!!

16 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Samuelnze(m): 7:27pm On May 30
Omor, how time has gone.

Most of these relics are now just trinkets. I vividly remember the good old days. I often advise people not to chase after the latest trends as if their lives depend on it. If given most of this stuff as a gift, one might not even collect it. 😕

Nothing lasts forever, sha. 😔

Most of the stuff here wasn't owned by our parents, but look at us now, having the current good and trendy stuff. Sometimes it's better not to over-stress yourself about things you don't have now. Just give yourself time and buckle up in your hustle. 💪

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Did You Spend Your 2019 Cross Over Night? / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me / Nigerian Actress Regina Daniels Involved In An Accident And Lost A Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.