Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,203 members, 7,974,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:47 PM

Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? (32354 Views)

Listening Shows The Inner Relics Of Man / Are You Familiar With The Caster? / Relics Of Ruins In Izombe, Imo Community After Nigerian Army Reign Of Terror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Aurelius1(m): 7:48pm On May 30
BlueStripper:
There is something about the OLD NIGERIA.

We had peace on all fronts.

You visit your muslim friends and eat their sallah meat and Kuli Kuli. They also visit and eat your Christmas meat with Limca.

They will nickname you based on your first Hausa blunder. Somthing like "Akwai-Yaro" or something.

A time when the words "Aboki" truly meant "Friend" and Mallam - "Teacher".

Not many cars on our roads. Ladies had their natural hairs and many had ambitions to study and travel.

Those who travelled outside the shores of Nigeria, were always delighted to come back home after studies. They also sent us letters which we all read in our rooms with spring beds.

Those of them who relocated to Cameroon, Togo or Benin will bring back BonBon sweets.

I miss the old Nigeria.

Beautiful memories cheesy
This post just brought tears to my eyes. Life then was so full of innocence.

2 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by tunde1200(m): 7:49pm On May 30
That Aiwa eh
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:53pm On May 30
Lol! I really miss all these relics of old.They remind me of my childhood days,when life was so much good, and things were very cheap.
I also miss the era of coins of naira and Kobo.
The Op forgot to add them.
I also think in nostalgia over classic Nollywood movies of those days like, Karishika 1&2, Just a Mission, Oracle 1&2,Samadora,Will Jesus come?, After School Hours 1&2,Evil men 1&2, Witches, Not your Wealth, Conspiracy 1&2, Power To Bind, Magic Money, Above Death, Benita, Evil Genius 1&2, Price of Sacrifice,End Time, Coming of the Antichrist, Lost Forever, Sabotage, Double Assault, Twins, Blood Money,End of the Wicked,Yet another day,An eye for an eye, Deadly Proposal,Ekulu, Rattlesnake, Living in Bondage,Sins of the father, Suicide Mission,Sakobi the snake girl,Issakaba, and more.
Indomie gen F won't know these great classic Nollywood movies I listed out.
My fellow compatriots, feel free to indicate among my movie list which you have watched.

4 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Coolestguy2023: 7:55pm On May 30
Namaster:
It's time to STOP this!

Threads like this inspire nostalgia. Someone like Tinubu may read it and decide to bring back a DEAD song.

P.S. Balloon is not a relic.

P.P.S "Old relics" is a tautology. Relic already means old.

Not funny. Dumb as f**k
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by charlizonto: 7:56pm On May 30
It's that Joy soap advert for me ooh..

When I used to see beautiful gals pass around me then..I go dey think say na joy soap all of them take baff grin
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by yomi531(m): 7:57pm On May 30
All of them oo. U for put black and white TV not this colored of yesterday. Agba ti De shaa(Old age don come oo). If u see me in real life sha, I look 22😊
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Emily244: 7:59pm On May 30
BlueStripper:
There is something about the OLD NIGERIA.

We had peace on all fronts.

You visit your muslim friends and eat their sallah meat and Kuli Kuli. They also visit and eat your Christmas meat with Limca.

They will nickname you based on your first Hausa blunder. Somthing like "Akwai-Yaro" or something.

A time when the words "Aboki" truly meant "Friend" and Mallam - "Teacher".

Not many cars on our roads. Ladies had their natural hairs and many had ambitions to study and travel.

Those who travelled outside the shores of Nigeria, were always delighted to come back home after studies. They also sent us letters which we all read in our rooms with spring beds.

Those of them who relocated to Cameroon, Togo or Benin will bring back BonBon sweets.

I miss the old Nigeria.

Beautiful memories cheesy
the Bonbon sweet that is pink and green very sweet back then in my village once is Christmas time will be looking forward to lick the sweet from one brother that time that will come back from Gabon or Cameroon
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Jakumo(m): 7:59pm On May 30
If you recognize any of these antique handsets you are too old to participate in the Nairaland forum and must therefore stop writing and retire immediately to go home and watch over your grandchildren.

That said, I am the proud owner of this collection of antique cellphones used in the days of yore when men were men and women knew their place. Before you laugh, let me assure you that by speaking on these classic phones I can communicate directly with Elvis Presley, Mike Jackson, Sanni Abacha, and even my late Uncle Bob who promised to will me a small fortune which excited me until I saw how small he meant.

1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Ekpekus(m): 7:59pm On May 30
Zonefree:
The origin of scam in Nigeria. You can never win the biggest balloon.
Na here sporty bets take learn work grin
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Agapeunit(m): 8:01pm On May 30
post=130223189:
People don old for dis forum o.
Kids on Nairaland won't know.

......This and many others.
Let's reminisce book-wise...

The good ol' days when men were boys.
And women were girls.
And virginity was sweet cool

Those are realy the good old days!
Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

You can say that again Sir.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Wow! I love this,those wonderful books are the great foundation of our pry n secondary school days! The create great n beautiful memories. I remember "the drummer boy" "shettima" "my book of bible stories" "tales of two cities" "animal farm" "macbeth" "king arthur" "ovo rawve nogbaisi" "romeo and juliet" "the beautiful ones are not yet born" "kongi harvest" "anatsewa" "born a slave" etc looolx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Treasure17(m): 8:03pm On May 30
I remember all. Jamming plantazion boys songs with that rechargable lamb. Life was sweet then.
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by lexy2014: 8:04pm On May 30
Mercylike:

20k each sir.... It was bought for 45k..

U can dm me to see a closer view

this view is amazing and good for me. who is the artist? are you sure you bought this?

1 Like

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Ekpekus(m): 8:06pm On May 30
udomonday:
kids of nowadays don't read,they rather spend time playing games on thier phone.I remember I read all those novels when I was in jss 3.I will just be waiting for break time so I can rush to the library and read novels.
Exactly... going to the school library to read novels in my JSS days... nostalgia

1 Like

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by historic: 8:06pm On May 30
Onyiiobi7735:
Lol! I really miss all these relics of old.They remind me of my childhood days,when life was so much good, and things were very cheap.
I also think in nostalgia over classic Nollywood movies of those days like, Karishika 1&2, Just a Mission, Oracle 1&2,Samadora,Will Jesus come?, After School Hours 1&2,Evil men 1&2, Witches, Not your Wealth, Conspiracy 1&2, Power To Bind, Magic Money, Above Death, Benita, Evil Genius 1&2, Price of Sacrifice,End Time, Coming of the Antichrist, Lost Forever, Sabotage, Double Assault, Twins, Blood Money,End of the Wicked,Yet another day,An eye for an eye, Deadly Proposal,Ekulu, Rattlesnake, Living in Bondage,Sins of the father, Suicide Mission,Sakobi the snake girl,Issakaba, and more.
My fellow compatriots, feel free to indicate among my movie list which you have watched.

You forgot to add the award winning Diamond Ring!

I saw almost all of the listed movies(home video).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by bfn1: 8:07pm On May 30
Zonefree:
The origin of scam in Nigeria. You can never win the biggest balloon.
Lols! Absolutely correct!

1 Like

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by hollas2jnr(m): 8:09pm On May 30
jmoore:
Floppy disk. So big and not up to 1gb.

Lol. Not even up to 4mb sef
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by OnlySmartHustler(m): 8:09pm On May 30
Samuelnze:

Omor, how time has gone.

Most of these relics are now just trinkets. I vividly remember the good old days. I often advise people not to chase after the latest trends as if their lives depend on it. If given most of this stuff as a gift, one might not even collect it. 😕

Nothing lasts forever, sha. 😔

Most of the stuff here wasn't owned by our parents, but look at us now, having the current good and trendy stuff. Sometimes it's better not to over-stress yourself about things you don't have now. Just give yourself time and buckle up in your hustle. 💪
Nothing lasts forever Sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by historic: 8:11pm On May 30
My favorite books then were the bottled leopard and the wives revolt... Though I still liked one week one trouble... Without a silver spoon... Kuoku Baboni etc

Not forgetting Service of the Father Land!
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Jeffy1206(m): 8:11pm On May 30
We had all those back then grin cheesy
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Jeffy1206(m): 8:13pm On May 30
jmoore:
Floppy disk. So big and not up to 1gb.

1gig ke, you for say 500kb na 😂😂
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by hollas2jnr(m): 8:16pm On May 30
Onyiiobi7735:

You see that Evil Genius ehn, i can still recall the movie soundtrack gan sef. 😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by otherway: 8:17pm On May 30
udomonday:
that is when we used to have lies infested hair.

You and who?
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by hollas2jnr(m): 8:17pm On May 30
Jeffy1206:
1gig ke, you for say 500kb na 😂😂

Lol, ahan... It's 3.44mb precisely

1 Like

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Mariangeles(f): 8:18pm On May 30
Trueigbo:
All these coming up now because of old National anthem

They gave you all something (to learn) to keep yourselves busy with. cheesy
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by hollas2jnr(m): 8:19pm On May 30
Agapeunit:
Wow! I love this,those wonderful books are the great foundation of our pry n secondary school days! The create great n beautiful memories. I remember "the drummer boy" "shettima" "my book of bible stories" "tales of two cities" "animal farm" "macbeth" "king arthur" "ovo rawve nogbaisi" "romeo and juliet" "the beautiful ones are not yet born" "kongi harvest" "anatsewa" "born a slave" etc looolx

I don't really read novels back in my secondary school days but i read AKIN THE DRUMMER BOY and so many others in primary that i can't really recall.

1 Like

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by hollas2jnr(m): 8:23pm On May 30
Bullman:

My uncle used that cassette player and old cd player to frustrate my life with mark Morrison, return of the mark in 1995 or 96.. now that I'm all grown i practically listen to the songs my dad n uncle loved more, I'm full old school i never reach 35 000 grin

Lol. You didn't buy lyrics booklet? To learn the lyrics of songs back then. Ah, kids were growing up as kids back then.

2 Likes

Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by ibtommy(m): 8:28pm On May 30
[quote author=Racoon post=130222249][/quote].

I don't know that "Joy girl" with the old-school "jerry curl". grin. I know almost everything though, depicting the fact that I no be small boy any more. See how time flies.
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Kdon2: 8:31pm On May 30
post=130223189:

And women were girls.

Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

The lion and the jewel, The man die, The interpreter too
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by chrysso83(m): 8:34pm On May 30
I use that aiwa CD disturb my lodge for FUTO that year. I be old man sha. I can relate with everything there. I used them all. Even the floppy disk.
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by doggedfighter(f): 8:47pm On May 30
ogolemati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin whats up with your darling daddy buhari

😂🤣😂🤣😂
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by udomonday: 8:47pm On May 30
otherway:

You and who?
you in particular.
Re: Old Relics: Which Of These Are You Familiar With? by Forumites: 8:49pm On May 30
post=130223189:

And women were girls.

Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

queen Amina of Zaria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things That Can Cause You Disgrace And Embarassment / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future / Share Your Worst Embrassing Moments Caused By Nature.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.