Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,149 members, 7,977,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:06 AM

Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July (31914 Views)

President Donald Trump Pleads Not Guilty In Georgia Election Racketeering Case / Vladimir Putin At The Age Of 5 With His Mom Maria Ivanova In July 1958(picture) / Derek Chauvin Found Guilty Of All Charges In The George Floyd Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:23am On Jun 01
valarinz:

Not my problem, I just needed to put a stop do your misinformation

Cheers ✌🏿
"Misinformation" on what exactly? cheesy
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by TallDarkMan: 1:05pm On Jun 01
ogbonti:

Lies? that Biden as a VP and Senator has no right to put classified documents at his garage for decades? Return it yes because he has no power to declassify documents - as a Senator or VP, Trump was President and what he says is declassified is declassified - thats why Bill Clinton took his own classified documents home and the heavens did not fall because he was President, Biden wasnt at the time- so know the difference Mr. Linus

Mr. Linus! Really?
You just lied again, no American President has the power to declassify classified documents just by saying it, there are due process for that kind of thing. But I guess you are blissfully ignorant about how the American bureaucracy works. You can Google it if you want. And as for the Bill Clinton situation you referenced, there is no proof of what you are claiming, even the National Archives refutes this claims. So, once again you are regurgitating what your racist misogynistic messiah is spewing.
Do have a lovely day now and may wisdom find you.

1 Like

Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by luminouz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 01
DrAda:

Rude? I didn't think you knew the meaning of the word considering that you insist on replying my posts in a very "rude and insolent" manner
Lol..you don't know sarcasm,do you?
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by DrAda(f): 3:05pm On Jun 01
luminouz:

Lol..you don't know sarcasm,do you?

I am well-versed with sarcasm, hence my surprise when you referred to my comment to you as being "rude".

If you think carefully about it, my earlier comment describing you as an insufferable moronic troll is indeed the perfect depiction of "sarcasm".

I am really glad that we are on the same page.

Take care.
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by luminouz(m): 4:24pm On Jun 01
DrAda:

I am well-versed with sarcasm, hence my surprise when you referred to my comment to you as being "rude".

If you think carefully about it, my earlier comment describing you as an insufferable moronic troll is indeed the perfect depiction of "sarcasm".

I am really glad that we are on the same page.

Take care.

You still owe me though.... 😉
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by ogbonti: 5:13pm On Jun 01
TallDarkMan:

Mr. Linus! Really?
You just lied again, no American President has the power to declassify classified documents just by saying it, there are due process for that kind of thing. But I guess you are blissfully ignorant about how the American bureaucracy works. You can Google it if you want. And as for the Bill Clinton situation you referenced, there is no proof of what you are claiming, even the National Archives refutes this claims. So, once again you are regurgitating what your racist misogynistic messiah is spewing.
Do have a lovely day now and may wisdom find you.

In case you do not know what EXECUTIVE ORDER MEANS - other sensible people here know what it means that EXECUTIVE ORDER does not need any one's approval or bureaucratic or legislative approval - it is a stroke of the pen and the president owns that pen and paper - not your father!!!! What Trump has as regards the declassification is not your right to know, he said he declassified them - and he does not owe your a s s - a st u pid Nigerian who is stuck with TULUMBU any fv ck ing explanation how he ran AMERICA ----- go and face your failing country with a senseless and brainless Presi diot EMILOKAN -- RECEIVE SENSE - you are banking on the fact that I will be lazy like some other people here you intimidate daily on line

YOU ASKED ME TO CHECK GOOGLE - BELOW IS THE GOOGLE RESULT -- ode, ekwensu!!!! angry angry angry angry

Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by TallDarkMan: 12:46am On Jun 02
ogbonti:

In case you do not know what EXECUTIVE ORDER MEANS - other sensible people here know what it means that EXECUTIVE ORDER does not need any one's approval or bureaucratic or legislative approval - it is a stroke of the pen and the president owns that pen and paper - not your father!!!! What Trump has as regards the declassification is not your right to know, he said he declassified them - and he does not owe your a s s - a st u pid Nigerian who is stuck with TULUMBU any fv ck ing explanation how he ran AMERICA ----- go and face your failing country with a senseless and brainless Presi diot EMILOKAN -- RECEIVE SENSE - you are banking on the fact that I will be lazy like some other people here you intimidate daily on line

YOU ASKED ME TO CHECK GOOGLE - BELOW IS THE GOOGLE RESULT -- ode, ekwensu!!!! angry angry angry angry
American presidents do have broad authority to declassify material, experts say, but there is a detailed process unlike what Trump described. Just so you know there's no evidence that Trump declassified the documents he took, if there's an evidence, Mr Horrible piece of human garbage, post it here. I dare you to post it, in fact I am eager for a decrepit slowpoke like you to post it.
You can lie to your fellow Trump asslickers, since your heads are so far up Trump's colon, but the facts don't care about your inconsequential, useless, worthless, forever unproductive feelings.

And for whatever reason you are under the misapprehension that I am in Nigeria and I have to go and face a failing country, haha, I know your still hurting that Peter Obi lost to Tinubu.
Idiot, move on, Peter Obi was never going to win that election, for crying out loud, I voted for him.

Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by basilico: 11:07am On Jun 05
TallDarkMan:

American presidents do have broad authority to declassify material, experts say, but there is a detailed process unlike what Trump described. Just so you know there's no evidence that Trump declassified the documents he took, if there's an evidence, Mr Horrible piece of human garbage, post it here. I dare you to post it, in fact I am eager for a decrepit slowpoke like you to post it.
You can lie to your fellow Trump asslickers, since your heads are so far up Trump's colon, but the facts don't care about your inconsequential, useless, worthless, forever unproductive feelings.

And for whatever reason you are under the misapprehension that I am in Nigeria and I have to go and face a failing country, haha, I know your still hurting that Peter Obi lost to Tinubu.
Idiot, move on, Peter Obi was never going to win that election, for crying out loud, I voted for him.

What is that process that a president should use to declassify any document? Where is it?
Who is above the president to grant him permission to declassify?
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by RealityKings: 1:30am On Aug 06
Sladem05:

This wouldn’t have happened in Nigeria. Didn’t Tinubu walk scotch free?

It's called "SCOT-FREE"
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by Sladem05: 3:08am On Aug 06
RealityKings:

It's called "SCOT-FREE"

It was a typo but it is honestly true, look at what happened with Tinubu. He clearly rigged the election and the Supreme Court ruled in his favor. He has a lot of blood on his hands. There is no functioning legal system in Nigeria. You can get away with anything there provided you have the cash.
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by RealityKings: 3:11am On Aug 06
Sladem05:

It was a typo but it is honestly true, look at what happened with Tinubu. He clearly rigged the election and the Supreme Court ruled in his favor. He has a lot of blood on his hands. There is no functioning legal system in Nigeria. You can get away with anything there provided you have the cash.

It's fine no one is perfect, I just felt like calling your attention to it.

Both parties rigged. There is no honest politician, not even the us. You can read about their elections.
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by IjeBos(m): 4:42am On Aug 06
basilico:

What is that process that a president should use to declassify any document? Where is it?
Who is above the president to grant him permission to declassify?

For clarity
1.) Trump has never claimed in any court document ( a place where he faces consequences for lying) that he declassified those documents. In fact he admitted on a tape that the Prosecutors have that he didn't declassify them.
2.) Though a President can declassify documents (even though he hasn't claimed legally he did), there are some documents he can't declassify, such as nuclear secrets. I believe he had a document relating to nuclear secrets in Mar A Largo.
3.) Now even if a president did declassify documents, the documents still don't belong to him. They belong to the US. And when the US asks for them back he has to give them back.
4.) Now, even if we didn't know 1-3, the minute that a Prosecutor goes to court and a Judge signs off on a subpoena to get documents. Trump no longer has any right to hold on to those documents. He MUST turn over the documents. He can then later argue in court that he should get them back. When he lied and said he didn't have those documents, that is Obstruction of Justice, which can be charged individually independent of 1-3.

He will be convicted in this case by a jury of his peers even in Florida. It is as open and close as it gets. Fortunately for him he got a Judge he just appointed that rigged/shut down the case for him. Jack Smith will win on appeal, hopefully the judge will be removed and the case will continue.
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by IjeBos(m): 4:43am On Aug 06
RealityKings:

Both parties rigged. There is no honest politician, not even the us. You can read about their elections.

Elections aren't rigged in the US despite what Trump says.
Check out the polling a month before the election. No poll had Trump ahead, except one Republican poll (Rasmussen) who had him up in I believe 1 poll that Month. I don't even believe Joe Biden was down the whole election.
Each state conducts their own election.
Too hard to do.
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by Sladem05: 10:48am On Aug 06
RealityKings:

African politicians make American ones look like pre-school bullies.

Nothing in Africa works.

Africa is by far the most corrupt region on earth outstripping Latin America, Middle East and Southeast Asia. Look at the CPI Index.

There is certainly corruption even in the West but it’s a tear drop compared to Nigeria and the rest of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by RealityKings: 11:49am On Aug 06
Sladem05:

African politicians make American ones look like pre-school bullies.

Nothing in Africa works.

Africa is by far the most corrupt region on earth outstripping Latin America, Middle East and Southeast Asia. Look at the CPI Index.

There is certainly corruption even in the West but it’s a tear drop compared to Nigeria and the rest of Africa.
I must say I admire the way you write. You don't write like a regular Nigerian and you also seem to throw in figures and references in your discussion.

One thing is Nigeria and infact Africa is way better than Latin America. There is no sense in measuring who is more corrupt but I'll have you know the corruption in Africa is child's play compared to Latin America.

Africans are made to believe they are the worst of the worst Meanwhile when you start making friends online and discuss with people in those Latin American countries, you understand you are living in paradise.

I just hope younger folks can change the African cycle of politics and embezzlement

1 Like

Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by Sladem05: 12:39pm On Aug 06
RealityKings:

I must say I admire the way you write. You don't write like a regular Nigerian and you also seem to throw in figures and references in your discussion.

One thing is Nigeria and infact Africa is way better than Latin America. There is no sense in measuring who is more corrupt but I'll have you know the corruption in Africa is child's play compared to Latin America.

Africans are made to believe they are the worst of the worst Meanwhile when you start making friends online and discuss with people in those Latin American countries, you understand you are living in paradise.

I just hope younger folks can change the African cycle of politics and embezzlement

The reality is that Africa is the worst of the worst. This continent is far worse than Latin America.
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Africa is at least 100 years behind the rest of the world.

https://www.nairaland.com/7477663/latin-america-minimum-monthly-wages

It’s already been discussed on another nairaland thread. Everyone there (myself included) concluded that Africa is the worst place to be a human.

I throw in figures and references because it’s a sign of being educated. One thing I hate that Nigerians do is that they will highlight a posh area of an undeveloped country. Whenever someone argues with anecdotes. I can’t take them seriously because it makes them looks silly. People will say Nigeria Dey get money simply because what 0.01% of Nigerians are rich.

“That said, there are key differences that should be kept in mind. Some are challenges. Sub-Saharan Africa is, by nearly every measure, behind Latin America in regard to socio-economic development. It is much poorer; by most measures, Latin America’s combined GDP is between two and three times greater than that of sub-Saharan Africa, and it’s as much as seven times per capita. Only a handful of African countries have a higher per capita GDP than Honduras, the poorest country in Latin America. Africa lags by every social and economic measure: infrastructure, electricity access, power generation, education, and health care are all areas where Latin American states are far ahead”

Corruption in Africa is far worse than in Latin America. Africa has less democracies, more autocracies and African countries rank worse on indices measuring corruption. African Governments are far more corrupt than Latin America. Corruption in Latin America is a tear drop compared to that of Africa.

Latin America hasn’t had things like military coups and wars since the 20th century. Those things are the order of the day in Africa.

Latin American nations were also released from their colonial lords almost 2 centuries before Africa. Offcourse they won’t have as many issues.

Brazil alone has 2x more unicorns than all of Africa combined.

Mexico on its own has a larger GDP than the entirety of Africa.

No reasonable person in academia would agree that Africa is even close to Latin America. Africa doesn’t even have constant electricity for crying out loud. A problem that Latin America and the rest of the world solved decades ago.

You’re underestimating as to how Insignificant Africa is to the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_continents_by_GDP

A continent that only accounts for around 2-3% of global GDP is irrelevant.
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by RealityKings: 12:43pm On Aug 06
Sladem05:

The reality is that Africa is the worst of the worst. This continent is far worse than Latin America.
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Africa is at least 100 years behind the rest of the world.

https://www.nairaland.com/7477663/latin-america-minimum-monthly-wages

It’s already been discussed on another nairaland thread. Everyone there (myself included) concluded that Africa is the worst place to be a human.

I throw in figures and references because it’s a sign of being educated. One thing I hate that Nigerians do is that they will highlight a posh area of an undeveloped country. Whenever someone argues with anecdotes. I can’t take them seriously because it makes them looks silly. People will say Nigeria Dey get money simply because what 0.01% of Nigerians are rich.

“That said, there are key differences that should be kept in mind. Some are challenges. Sub-Saharan Africa is, by nearly every measure, behind Latin America in regard to socio-economic development. It is much poorer; by most measures, Latin America’s combined GDP is between two and three times greater than that of sub-Saharan Africa, and it’s as much as seven times per capita. Only a handful of African countries have a higher per capita GDP than Honduras, the poorest country in Latin America. Africa lags by every social and economic measure: infrastructure, electricity access, power generation, education, and health care are all areas where Latin American states are far ahead”

Corruption in Africa is far worse than in Latin America. Africa has less democracies, more autocracies and African countries rank worse on indices measuring corruption. African Governments are far more corrupt than Latin America. Corruption in Latin America is a tear drop compared to that of Africa.

Latin America hasn’t had things like military coups and wars since the 20th century. Those things are the order of the day in Africa.

Latin American nations were also released from their colonial lords almost 2 centuries before Africa. Offcourse they won’t have as many issues.

Brazil alone has 2x more unicorns than all of Africa combined.

Mexico on its own has a larger GDP than the entirety of Africa.

No reasonable person in academia would agree that Africa is even close to Latin America. Africa doesn’t even have constant electricity for crying out loud. A problem that Latin America and the rest of the world solved decades ago.

You’re underestimating as to how Insignificant Africa is to the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_continents_by_GDP

A continent that only accounts for around 2-3% of global GDP is irrelevant.

You are clearly misinformed and I sense alot of hatred in your post. Nigeria is no longer the poverty capital of the world
Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by Sladem05: 12:49pm On Aug 06
RealityKings:

What your saying has no empirical evidence attached it to it. It is your heart rather than brain talking. Latin America is nowhere as corrupt as Africa.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index#:~:text=Denmark%2C%20Finland%2C%20New%20Zealand%2C,as%20Somalia%20(scoring%2011).

Re: Trump Found Guilty In Hush-Money Trial, Faces Sentencing In July by Sladem05: 12:52pm On Aug 06
RealityKings:

You are clearly misinformed and I sense alot of hatred in your post. Nigeria is no longer the poverty capital of the world
Debating you Afrocentrists can be tiring. Statistics that westerners don’t even create is white man propaganda😂😂
Again, you never argue with stats but emotions. Your heart is speaking not your mind.

There is no universe in where what your saying is true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ukraine's Highly Anticipated Counter-Offensive Against Russia Has Begun (Video) / I Will Do Everything To Defeat Trump & His Extremist Agenda - VP Harris / Express Trains Collide In Pakistan, 38 Passengers Dead (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.