Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,403 members, 7,901,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach (21527 Views)

Bread Beyond Reach, Citizens Lament / Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Angelfrost(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01
You idiots are still lying that inflation is still at 33%. Lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by bluefilm: 9:16pm On Jun 01
They should stop groaning

What they will eat?

Cassava, agbado... corn, in the morning

Yam... in the afternoon

It's grown here

You create demand and consumption

Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:16pm On Jun 01
Faiththatworks:
I will keep repeating it,there's hunger in the Land.
I don't understand why there's silence in the land, yesterday I bought a pack of knorr magic for 2000 naira,this time last year I was buying a pack for less than 800 naira.
Yam,bread,Beans,rice, Garri,Potatoes are now gradually getting out of the reach of the Masses.
I don't know who Asiwaju advisers are but they should tell him a very hunger man/woman is an angry man/woman
Let the government not push the masses to the wall,The Endsars riot will be a child play compared to what will happen all over the country.
The Government should declare a state of Emergency and pump massive money to the Agricultural sector as soon as tomorrow.
Asiwaju,the situation is getting out of hand, intervene quickly.
God bless Nigeria....
dis wan is seriously tired of standing on d mandate!

so soon?
We still have 3 more years oo!
undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:17pm On Jun 01
Angelfrost:
You idiots are still lying that inflation is still at 33%. Lol.
somtin wey dey 350% high?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Sonofgod1990(m): 9:24pm On Jun 01
2027 election. those senseless hausa and yaruba animals will stil vote for this BATeria..suffering and smilling set of fools

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Blitzking: 9:27pm On Jun 01
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Blitzking: 9:27pm On Jun 01
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-groan-as-staple-foods-soar-beyond-reach/
This 30 percent plus inflation na wash its 300 percent inflation..garri from 800 to 3750...that over 3x na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Omalicious1: 9:35pm On Jun 01
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-groan-as-staple-foods-soar-beyond-reach/

When BAT said that he had given order for a release corn and wheat from the warehouse, I felt he was being economical with the truth but what do I know? As usual, FG would be mute, Cardosso would come and read a typed document and play the blame card as usual

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Angelfrost(m): 9:36pm On Jun 01
MichaelSokoto:

somtin wey dey 350% high?

Don't mind the fools!

Always trying to make light of serious issues.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by PepeXKermit: 9:39pm On Jun 01
kennie2015:

Are you exempted? Even if you are the dangote of your family, you go still hear am. Whatever you wish for, just know that you will have your fair share of your resentment and pessimism

Anybody wey dey talk to tou like that dey in a better place. Watch it, if them refer to you as "una" regarding naija matter.. grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by okeke6969: 9:40pm On Jun 01
mightyhaze:
No wonder many people no stand on manhood again.. no more on your manhood gbola on ur manhood we shall stand

On that manhood they shall die of hunger. This is just the beginning. First class in economics my foot.
Ndi ara.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Eriokanmi: 9:45pm On Jun 01
Kenochi:
I read the article and there is a lot of truth in what was said,I will not bother to bore anybody with my analysis but rather speak on my suggestions to this rising food crises which if not tackled quickly can lead to unrest

I suggest the following measures to be adopted in the short term
1) Importation of food stuff (1 to 12 months)
The Federal Government must open the borders for food to be brought in,staple food like rice,beans and wheat should be brought in quickly
Also Vegetable Oil and possibly frozen chicken and fish should be have tariffs removed
People need to eat and they don't care where it comes from

2) Middle term (1 to 18 months)
The Federal Government should work with stakeholders including state governments,private sector and agricultural and aquaculture cooperatives to secure farmlands from non state actors like bandits and Herdsmen

Allow people to know that they are secured and that they would not be at the mercy of this criminals
This will allow continous sowing and harvesting to be going on all year round

3) Long term
This is where the States and Local Govt have a role to play,they must produce plans and roadmaps for their people
The federal government cannot produce food,it is the job of the states and Local Govt,Land which is material in Agriculture is vested in the states and Local Govt.
Let each state who are willing carve out arable land for interested participants, provide Infrastructure for the farmlands and approach the federal government for low interest rate
Also, individuals should be encouraged to grow food in spaces available to them
My mantra is Buy some, Grow some

People are getting fed up and the time for stories are over,we need an Operation Feed the people now
Good suggestions but let me burst your bubbles, they'd never look in any of the directions if it's not going to favour them in terms of naira and kobo. Imagine a federal government reaching out to local farmers through state governors on loans. How do you think there would be fair play in the disbursement, if it will ever happen at all? The state governors will first pocket like 70% of it and give the remaining 30 percent to empower their associates who know nothing about agriculture. Our bank of agriculture has been deprived of their roles cos of corruption.

Empowerment of youths on agriculture by granting them loan with close monitoring via the bank of agriculture would have gone a long way in solving our foods shortage wahala but government of the day won't go there. Go to lagos Ibadan expressway, Benin ore expressway, ife akure expressway, onitsha enugu expressway, Benin asaba expressway and see lands that haven't been tilled for 50 years.

Youths could be empowered to grow rice in these abandoned areas. In 3 years, we'd be exporting rice self. But where tinubu can't see money to eat, he will never invest there. He gives no damn on whether the masses are crying or not. Anyone living in lagos would know better and a good reason we didn't vote him here. He got those votes via intimidation
and harassment by his thugs cos he knew he'd not win here. You may be one of those he deceived who live outside lagos by claiming he built lagos, claiming all the achievemens of all the past governors of lagos . The coastal highway contract he awarded to his company where his son is a director is a good example of his character . Unless we take them out of the way, the masses will keep groaning and those tribalists hailing him will continue suffering and smiling

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by JoeEeL(m): 9:46pm On Jun 01
MAY IT REMAIN THAT WAY.
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Deepspirituals: 9:51pm On Jun 01
Nooooo , It's only IPOB that Buys High Staple Food .

I just bought a Bag of Rice now for 15k .

If you are an APC Card Carrying Member and Non IPOB A Non Obedient , you can buy cheap Food at any Food Store , Just Show them APC Card . Lobatan ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by NewHe: 9:56pm On Jun 01
Lamentations without Solutions!
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by ElevationD: 9:57pm On Jun 01
“ We can’t afford even pepper anymore. We can’t touch tomatoes too. We cannot buy fish or meat anymore”

As they say, una never see pepper!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by okeke6969: 9:57pm On Jun 01
NeckingNgulping:

You should blame the Yorubas and Huasas why a massive protest has not erupted yet. They supported this government into power with all their might.

If the government isn't executing agendas that will make lives better, they are in the right position to start a protest. But deep rooted tribalism will not let them move an inch.

The Igbos can follow suit when it begins.

They will all die of hunger standing on that Tinubu blokos.
This is just the beginning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Vicana: 10:00pm On Jun 01
Na statistics we go chop

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by herbert2017: 10:06pm On Jun 01
When PDP was in power you wanted change, change you have gotten.
I am not a PDP member either, but it was far better than your demonic apc.
AS long as I am alive, God will continue to provide for me and my family.
I never voted for apc, and I will never.
If tifnibu want let yam be sold at 100,000 God will give me the money to buy it.
When men are cast down I will say there is a lifting up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by TrackerSK: 10:06pm On Jun 01
Ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Wiseman2y(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01
Efokan bale. Emi lokan.
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Okechinwadike: 10:14pm On Jun 01
CheedyJ:
Instead make everybody vex enter street , shutdown d country, una dey moan and groan, una never ready at all. Govt wey no send una
you and who enter street? agbadorians must enjoy their government we die here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Okechinwadike: 10:20pm On Jun 01
no protest agbadorians must enjoy their government. you and who enter street? thank God na all of us de kwolet we die here
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Maski87: 10:20pm On Jun 01
What about Peter obi blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, according to those people paid to attack any anti government opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Sleekfingers: 10:29pm On Jun 01
Una never see anything.......by the time a milk cup of garri will be 500 naira....una eyes go clear......

By that time , nobody go tell una , before una hit the street .....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by InvertedHammer: 10:29pm On Jun 01
/
Election has consequences.

I am sure the N5k collected at polls are really helping them through these trying times.
/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Sleekfingers: 10:32pm On Jun 01
abba190:
i always wonder why igbos on nairaland think this ebin pawa is only for hausas and yoruba. there is one elderly igbo man close to my house i swear to God this old man is on bread and pure water for morethan 6months

No mind them......
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Defacto4truth: 10:38pm On Jun 01
Very soon compulsory fasting will be past into law , let all stand on his mandate. He will defend the mandatory fasting for having medical benefits to Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Honestey: 10:57pm On Jun 01
Take 60k minimum wage or start eating grass now. We no go add shishi
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Oceanfl0w: 11:00pm On Jun 01
flokii:

We saw this coming and we warned against it.. all these herders attacking farmers and preventing farmers from going to the farm will bring untold hardship on Nigerians.. What Malami and the erstwhile Aso rock cabals allowed to fester is what everyone is suffering now.
How on earth will a cattle owner be using his cattle to disturb other people and be violating rights of others in the same country.. if we look closely, those clamouring for Yoruba nation, biafra, etc. have cause to do so. A country where there is no fairness can't work.

Very funny...

Factory reset mode has been activated.

E go soon reach everybody ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by akinonigbinde: 11:17pm On Jun 01
Faiththatworks:
I will keep repeating it,there's hunger in the Land.
I don't understand why there's silence in the land, yesterday I bought a pack of knorr magic for 2000 naira,this time last year I was buying a pack for less than 800 naira.
Yam,bread,Beans,rice, Garri,Potatoes are now gradually getting out of the reach of the Masses.
I don't know who Asiwaju advisers are but they should tell him a very hunger man/woman is an angry man/woman
Let the government not push the masses to the wall,The Endsars riot will be a child play compared to what will happen all over the country.
The Government should declare a state of Emergency and pump massive money to the Agricultural sector as soon as tomorrow.
Asiwaju,the situation is getting out of hand, intervene quickly.
God bless Nigeria....

It's a big lie, there is no hunger in the land.
There is silence because we don't want anybody to disturb our peace. Shebi Peter Obigiringori is now responsible for the high cost of Knorr, gari, yam and beans. Please let nobody disturb our peace joor as we're still expecting the agbado that will be fed to 50 million youths recruited into the army to be harvested.
Yeye dey smell. When we said elections have consequences, they said Peter Obigiringori is a serial looser.
Please put your faith to work. Alternatively, go and learn and start singing the new national anthem, it will reduce inflation.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / A Shitty Experience / Looks Like My Sweet Corn Is Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.