Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,411 members, 7,901,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach (21528 Views)

Bread Beyond Reach, Citizens Lament / Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Tobest94: 8:37am On Jun 02
Kenochi:
I read the article and there is a lot of truth in what was said,I will not bother to bore anybody with my analysis but rather speak on my suggestions to this rising food crises which if not tackled quickly can lead to unrest

I suggest the following measures to be adopted in the short term
1) Importation of food stuff (1 to 12 months)
The Federal Government must open the borders for food to be brought in,staple food like rice,beans and wheat should be brought in quickly
Also Vegetable Oil and possibly frozen chicken and fish should be have tariffs removed
People need to eat and they don't care where it comes from

2) Middle term (1 to 18 months)
The Federal Government should work with stakeholders including state governments,private sector and agricultural and aquaculture cooperatives to secure farmlands from non state actors like bandits and Herdsmen

Allow people to know that they are secured and that they would not be at the mercy of this criminals
This will allow continous sowing and harvesting to be going on all year round

3) Long term
This is where the States and Local Govt have a role to play,they must produce plans and roadmaps for their people
The federal government cannot produce food,it is the job of the states and Local Govt,Land which is material in Agriculture is vested in the states and Local Govt.
Let each state who are willing carve out arable land for interested participants, provide Infrastructure for the farmlands and approach the federal government for low interest rate
Also, individuals should be encouraged to grow food in spaces available to them
My mantra is Buy some, Grow some

People are getting fed up and the time for stories are over,we need an Operation Feed the people now
you’ve said it all but they won’t do it because they want people to be suffering
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Treasure17(m): 9:08am On Jun 02
How nigerians act stupid and later start crying baffles me. Even if you were blind at least you were not deaf to those who kept warning you against the candidate of this drug Barron. Some people spent their resources to show the past of this man yet you guys voted for him. Y'all will cry blood and like they say election has consequences. Ori yin ma pe las las. Awon elebi supporters.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by omoharry(f): 9:46am On Jun 02
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-groan-as-staple-foods-soar-beyond-reach/
Our Able presido! Pls ignore these ungrateful people that have been criticizing you.Continue with your renewed shege! We APC Yorubas are solidly behind you. On your mandate we shall stand till we die of starvation and what ever suffering your policies brings upon us...
Well Done sir for the wonderful work you have been doing for the good of the country .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by realG101(m): 11:05am On Jun 02
vanbonattel:
Una never see anything

This is just the beginning

Election have consequences

This is the reason this country is stagnant.

The thinking faculty of majority of you Nigerians is very stagnant.

Will you say u are not aware that the result of the election was altered and so not the true interpretation of the people's voting.

Instead of you to focus on the real issues una go dey open mouth repeat the same thing like dirty record inside turntable.

Even if majority truly voted for tinubu, this is one year since the unfortunate incident occurred, must u still be crying over split milk by now.

You and all others who make this type of comments need to get over it and look forward to preventing a repeat of the 2023 election or at least just reserve your comments.
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by skywalker240(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02
flokii:
Tomatoes now start from 1k upwards, egg is over #150 and govt. isn't doing anything to tackle this.. how common man wan take survive?
Don't worry, common Man will eat national anthem

You never see anything

Continue to teach lesson

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by skywalker240(m): 12:32pm On Jun 02
mightyhaze:
I'm reporting you immediately to the group..
No more 30k for you
Maybe dem don hack the krase account

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by skywalker240(m): 12:38pm On Jun 02
CrossRhodes:

Egg is for rich people, according to one unfortunate zombie on this platform
E no go better for that miserable zombie

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by skywalker240(m): 12:40pm On Jun 02
AmericanIdiot:

Don’t mind those useless fools they have damned this country for generations to come because of personal gain
Now they are crying that they can’t afford food
May hunger kill every single one of them Aman
💯🙏
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by skywalker240(m): 1:56pm On Jun 02
akinonigbinde:

It's a big lie, there is no hunger in the land.
There is silence because we don't want anybody to disturb our peace. Shebi Peter Obigiringori is now responsible for the high cost of Knorr, gari, yam and beans. Please let nobody disturb our peace joor as we're still expecting the agbado that will be fed to 50 million youths recruited into the army to be harvested.
Yeye dey smell. When we said elections have consequences, they said Peter Obigiringori is a serial looser.
Please put your faith to work. Alternatively, go and learn and start singing the new national anthem, it will reduce inflation.
What do you expect from gbegiri and Amala reasoning

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by skywalker240(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02
Spiritualmind10:
That's the only option, but because the country is not one/united it seems to be an impossible mission.
I will never risk my life for a fool

Some people knew that old idiot running from debate's has nothing to offer was a disaster waiting to happen, but for the fact that they were blinded by ethnic/religious hatred, they wanted to spite the opposition just to prove a point, now look where we are?

This is what hatred and bitterness can do

Even God doesn't answer prayers of fool's and bitter people

3 men were gifted 3, 2 and 1 shillings, the 3 and 2 invested theirs with pure heart

But the bitter one who got one went and bury the coin.

I can never be side by side with foolish people in the name of protests

People who out of hatred and just to spite others gladly voted for that disastrous broomstick wraith back in 2019 and would gladly and wholeheartedly vote again for this clueless monkey in 2027 even when the economy is hitting them the most that you are expecting sane person to be with in the name of protests?
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by skywalker240(m): 2:25pm On Jun 02
Iamzik:

Everybody? Are you for real?
How many farmland do you have? The same farm that farmers get kidnapped by bandits?

You don't seem to understand what's at play here
Leave that dunce

One said eggs are only made for the rich

Another one said instead of complaining the price of eggs, just buy 3 layers and they'll be producing eggs

Very useless people

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by T2SSpace(f): 2:40pm On Jun 02
vanbonattel:
Una never see anything

Enough of this blame game pls. Nigerians are tired of bad Govenance and not at all stupid. A vast majoriy of them voted right but their votes did not count sadly. Majority is what you need to win an election in a sane and democratic country but not in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by okeke6969: 6:25pm On Jun 02
HellVictorinho6:

Who is they ?

Ask your father.
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Gunboat127(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02
As usual,Nigerians will only groan,shout and complain about the situation and try to adjust to it..like I tell people,the government is not affected one bit by this hardship,they can afford to buy foodstuffs even if 1 bag of garri is 1 million naira..until we become serious to change things either by fire or by force,we will continue groaning and wailing..
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Nikes(m): 6:55pm On Jun 02
I bought 2 mudu of rice, 1 mudu of beans and 4kg of gas yesterday. Naso 11k take go. Sometimes it's even hard to say "God help us" because God did not force the gullible people who elected this slowpoke into power. Na we use our hand run this one

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by HellVictorinho6(m): 1:52am On Jun 03
okeke6969:

Ask your father.

Who is they, dad?
Re: Nigerians Groan As Staple Foods Soar Beyond Reach by Obierika(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07
vanbonattel:
Una never see anything

It is only you and your family that will still see something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / A Shitty Experience / Looks Like My Sweet Corn Is Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.