Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:36 PM

How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? (27633 Views)

Banditry: Northern Groups Threaten Shutdown Of 6 States & Abuja If Nigerian .... / Anambra Election: Police Officers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Feeding Allowance / Kaduna: Armed Bandits Attack Aviation Quarters, Abduct Family Of 6, 3 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by greenermodels: 5:10pm On Jun 02
Love800:
Do you mean barbecue is not booming again?
look around na, I meant point and kill not the sliced fish often sold with roasted plantains

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by whytediamond(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02
Pussyisgud:

lol,
Things are hard but family of 6 are living on less than that, trust me.

They can only feed miserly. Less than 2k a day on each for feeding is dead broke.

Don't glorify poverty bro. Yes, they will be alive but I bet you they are just alive.

Tea bread and egg for 1 person costs more than 700naira

Rice and stew with 1 meat cost more than 700naira. What about fruits and water?

Oga, please help people see the poverty in them and help them come out of it if you have already come out.

1400 x 30days is 42k now multiply by 6. That's 262k.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by daniwise(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02
ChybuzzDD:

From your calculation, it should be 27,000 per day, not 9000 per day.
1,500 x 3 x 6 =27,000

The kids may not consume as much as the parents.Lets just try to stock up.It really helps
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by TheBTCinvestor: 5:11pm On Jun 02
Hmmm I have a family of 4. Two kids and wifey...I spend 1.3m on family maintenance monthly o...bills choke...if u no get money no put hand for marriage..ul be frustrated

9 Likes

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ForValour: 5:12pm On Jun 02
Pussyisgud:

lol,
That is why they are termed poor and rightly so. Being able to manage poverty is not enough reason to remain poor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by dododawa1: 5:12pm On Jun 02
APC regime

Will

Everyone

To

Safe dropping inside

HOE.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:14pm On Jun 02
aycorporat:
To avoid all these scary calculations being paraded here, buy food in bulk.

1/2 bag of rice
2 paint rubber of corn to be grinded to tuwp masara
1 pack of Maggi
Guinea corn mixed with cassava
1/2 bag of garri
1 paint rubber of beans.

This should last 2 months till another one comes in, but you see this small-small purchase, e chop money pass anything

Do you know that these is more than 100k? You haven't added the condiments and proteins for soup and stew.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by 2buffagain(m): 5:15pm On Jun 02
If you have to even ask this question, then maybe you should not be having 4 children.
You shoulda stopped at 2.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by yemmit90: 5:19pm On Jun 02
psucc:
Given time with no action, salt will become so costly that it would be out of reach.

Just watch out

You are very right, this government don't seem like they have a single solution to this problem, I fear more for our future than the present state. By now, we should be seeing government massive investments in Agriculture and outgrowers schemes, but they are only busy sending invisible 50k grants.

If this year looks like this withiout government intervention in mechanised farming and provide security for farmers in their farms, how do we expect next year to be? Perhaps by then, a paint of garri would be sold for 10k.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by LOVEGINO(m): 5:20pm On Jun 02
PresidObi:
When you say average for feeding a family of 6, I am assuming that you mean a family of father, mother and 4 children.

Each person will eat a meal of #1,500 on the average for each meal. That is 9,000 each day for feeding alone.

This will be 9,000 x 30 days, #270,000

This is just the beginning o
abeg no make me run leave my family. I dey 40k weekly and I dey complain.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by pmxpo(m): 5:22pm On Jun 02
PresidObi:
When you say average for feeding a family of 6, I am assuming that you mean a family of father, mother and 4 children.

Each person will eat a meal of #1,500 on the average for each meal. That is 9,000 each day for feeding alone.

This sef no go even reach. No plate of food be 1500 as of today.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ArinzeAnthony03: 5:22pm On Jun 02
JOACHINpedro:
Balanced diet-
Parameter- ₦1500= a balanced meal price per person
₦1500 * 3square meals *6persons= ₦27,000/day
₦27,000 * 7days= ₦189,000/Wk
₦189,000 * 4wks= ₦756,000/month

An unbalanced diet-
Parameter- ₦800=an unbalanced meal price per person
₦800 * 3square meals *6persons= ₦14,400/day
₦14,400 * 7days =₦100,800/Wk
₦100,800 * 4wks= ₦403,200/month

A Survival mode
Parameter- ₦350= Survival meal price per person
₦350 * 3square meals *6persons= ₦6,300/day
₦6,300 * 7days =₦44,100/wk
₦44,100 * 4wks= ₦176,400/month

Check where you stand

I day bellow survival mode
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Honestey: 5:24pm On Jun 02
No matter how you do the maths it will still not balance

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Squirrel1(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02
greenermodels:
Most Nigerians don't earn upto #200,000 per month yet they're feeding, clothing and sheltering themselves. The quality is what seems to depreciate rather than the quantity. Who else have noticed that 80-90% of fish barbecue businesses have shut down since Tinubu took over as president? Nigerians are feeding on less desirable,less delicious and less nutritious meals today. Everything about Nigeria reminds me of the novel 1984 by George Orwell.
bro Nigeria is 4kn hard. Folks are barely surviving

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Honestey: 5:29pm On Jun 02
SavageResponse:

400 cannot get you a decent meal!

The days of decent meal are gone, this are days of emilokan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by 234GT(m): 5:29pm On Jun 02
Goodnews284j:
[f

Moderators.....please ban this guy...he is a scammer...he uses account Alozie Cynthia for his scam.....Never knew he would still be here on nairaland after several years......
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Relixy2k: 5:29pm On Jun 02
Painful but a bitter truth. Many family of 6 sef plenty on less than 100k monthly. They eat only when they see food.
greenermodels:
Most Nigerians don't earn upto #200,000 per month yet they're feeding, clothing and sheltering themselves. The quality is what seems to depreciate rather than the quantity. Who else have noticed that 80-90% of fish barbecue businesses have shut down since Tinubu took over as president? Nigerians are feeding on less desirable,less delicious and less nutritious meals today. Everything about Nigeria reminds me of the novel 1984 by George Orwell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by adecz: 5:30pm On Jun 02
Minimum of 150k at managing
level and 1 ½ meals a day.

👉Eat light breakfast.

👉Skip lunch

👉Eat big dinner❗️❗️❗️

This is the level APC has taken us to❗️❗️😭😭😭

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by OmotolaDeniro(f): 5:30pm On Jun 02
Ebimpawa ooooo Tinubu werey man

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by yemmit90: 5:33pm On Jun 02
travelzcruix:
Zero naira. Na God dey feed him children, this administration thinks we give a damn. Nigerians have been suffering, no be today. I once sat with my grandma who lived in the 30's, some of my uncle's who were in their primes in the 70's on discussions about Nigeria. In summary Nigeria has never been better.

You are 100% right but back in those days, people eat more from mother earth. Their wants were limited and not always about foods, which they can easily grow themselves. Petrol or dollar price had little or no effect on their living because majority don't have business with the two items or it position in economy.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ourcrudeoil: 5:34pm On Jun 02
What kind of question is this ?...
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Henryfocoyo(m): 5:35pm On Jun 02
Pussyisgud:

lol,
no mind that guy , they just come here and call any price they like
Without experience it,
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ogododo: 5:37pm On Jun 02
helinues:
Awon how much crews.. grin cheesy

If you no get money, no le oko
Jide no be failure again.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by LordIsaac(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02
PresidObi:

I like your estimate. I pray Nigerians stop being wicked to kids by using birth control!

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by firstolalekan(m): 5:38pm On Jun 02
tanigororo:

Fake and Wrong details
Shut úp and post your own that is real and correct
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by LordIsaac(m): 5:38pm On Jun 02
PresidObi:

I like your estimate. I pray Nigerians stop being wicked to kids by using birth control!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by NoToPile: 5:39pm On Jun 02
Goldplucker:

Why you price the whole market cos you wan buy one paint 🤦🏽‍♂️

My brother e reach to price am everywhere lool, last I bought the beans was 7500. I was even hoping the guy won't tell me 9k by the time I went back to his stall, true true the guy was like oloyin beans is now 9k sef but madam as my girl Don tell you price already buy your own. grin cheesy.
Drum beans for moimoi was 6500+ now just to buy beans you have spent 14k for 2 paint rubber if you buy 1 each.

Garri was 3,200,people can't even drink garri in peace again.
One bucket of Rodo was 5500 for the one that doesn't pepper well the bigger Rodo and 7500 for the one that pepper well.

Tomatoes lipsrsealed

I just wonder how very low income earners are surviving coz 50k can't get you much these days for food especially those with little children. If it's adults they will rough it but children they have to feed well, have to eat fruits, take milk, eat eggs etc etc. And people earn 50k monthly with wife and children.

Feeding money is crazy these days, just to buy few things here and there you have spent 70k not stocking the home oo, no major thing like bag of rice, the most annoying part is it's inside 2 bagco sacks the thing will full e go come be like film trick unlike when it's the boot of the car that will be filled with 70k.

So my brother e reach to price the whole market oo.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by maasoap(m): 5:39pm On Jun 02
iwaeda:
How much is the average cost of feeding a family of 6?
No pepper in the market again. What will people eat.
PresidObi:

Wow! You really tried with your analysis. I'm maintaining a family of seven under one roof, my old woman is the seventh. Even my wife doesn't have an idea about what it costs.
Just this afternoon, my wife said I'm not giving her enough pocket money after much probe on why she was quiet since morning. And I had to tell her how much maintaining the family is costing me daily these days compared to before plus increased costs of maintenance of what is fetching me money which has tripled in recent months. I still have families who are not under my roof but still need to remember them most especially now that things are hard. And there are people outside the families too, you know: friends, colleagues, neighbours and of course, ex gfs. It is not easy. I barely have anything left to save each month

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by mightyhaze: 5:39pm On Jun 02
PresidObi:

nope 1500 by 3 by 6 is 27k a day

And that's 810k monthly

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by maasoap(m): 5:42pm On Jun 02
mightyhaze:
nope 1500 by 3 by 6 is 27k a day

And that's 810k monthly
Lol. Your analysis is how it is supposed to be but not really a reality unless you are rich enough
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by maasoap(m): 5:44pm On Jun 02
NoToPile:

My brother e reach to price am everywhere lool, last I bought the beans was 7500. I was even hoping the guy won't tell me 9k by the time I went back to his stall, true true the guy was like oloyin beans is now 9k sef but madam as my girl Don tell you price already buy your own. grin cheesy.
Drum beans for moimoi was 6500+ now just to buy beans you have spent 14k for 2 paint rubber if you buy 1 each.

Garri was 3,200,people can't even drink garri in peace again.
One bucket of Rodo was 5500 for the one that doesn't pepper well the bigger Rodo and 7500 for the one that pepper well.

Tomatoes lipsrsealed

I just wonder how very low income earners are surviving coz 50k can't get you much these days for food especially those with little children. If it's adults they will rough it but children they have to feed well, have to eat fruits, take milk, eat eggs etc etc. And people earn 50k monthly with wife and children.

Feeding money is crazy these days, just to buy few things here and there you have spent 70k not stocking the home oo, no major thing like bag of rice, the most annoying part is it's inside 2 bagco sacks the thing will full e go come be like film trick unlike when it's the boot of the car that will be filled with 70k.

So my brother e reach to price the whole market oo.

Reality
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Ybholy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 02
xgod:

Please Nairalanders avoid this Scammer, he is a thief and a lowlife.
He Scams with this account number
Cynthia Ijeoma Alozie
Opay

I am one of his victims, I promise to Nail him in due course no matter how long it takes me in this life.

U fall for such. Shows how ur brain works 😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Considers Hadiza Bala Usman As Head Of NPA / Oluseun Onigbinde Appointed As Technical Adviser Budget & Planning, Under Buhari / Tinubu’s Chatham House Performance A Disgrace – PDP Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.