Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? (27634 Views)

Banditry: Northern Groups Threaten Shutdown Of 6 States & Abuja If Nigerian .... / Anambra Election: Police Officers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Feeding Allowance / Kaduna: Armed Bandits Attack Aviation Quarters, Abduct Family Of 6, 3 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ozo13(m): 8:52pm On Jun 02
Procashtips:

With children, it will double or tripple.
yeah
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Babastrong(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02
[quote author=Walai post=130273241]People should abandone their legitimate jobs and businesses and go back to the village to do what exactly?

[to enjoy their lives. Living in the cities does not make you special. I have been to almost all the 36 states of nigeria. I see nothing special in city life. I couldn't say you should abondon your sustainable businesses for village life but if your business doesn't sustain you and your family. Go back to your sources.]
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Gerrard59(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02
Anyway, this thread and many others is a major reason I am wary of any lady who has more than 2 siblings. That is one of my first set of questions when interacting with any Nigerian/African lady: how many siblings do you have? More than 2? My mind says back off.

When my parents stopped at three, others decided to fire on till four, five and six. The Gods forbid!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:55pm On Jun 02
Thanks to God, we chose to be tribalistic so that the well packaged fraud answering Obi didn't win. It would have been worse than this
gratiaeo:
Nigeria is in big mess today be of tribalism. I never know Tinubu will be this failure
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Love800(m): 8:58pm On Jun 02
Okay.
U manufacture.
U employed people too?[quote author=Babastrong post=130274694][/quote]
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Beremx(f): 9:04pm On Jun 02
grin
Ulogwe1:

grin grin God abeg oooo, my belle ooo.
grin grin
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Babastrong(m): 9:04pm On Jun 02
[quote author=Love800 post=130274960]Okay.
U manufacture.
U employed people too?[ yes! Even though unskilled labours for my farming activities. And one OND for the manufacturing. ]
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Love800(m): 9:11pm On Jun 02
Okay.
But in the village, u wont be getting large influx of customers to patronize you na. Is dat not a call for concern?[quote author=Babastrong post=130275043][/quote]
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Babastrong(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02
[quote author=Love800 post=130275128]Okay.
But in the village, u wont be getting large influx of customers to patronize you na. Is dat not a call for concern?[when i said village, you think there are only hundred houses there. lol. I am closer to benin republic and my products have reached there.]
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Omoolaissagoal: 9:18pm On Jun 02
Beremx:
The average cost of feeding a family of six depends on how fast you learn the old national anthem. The earlier you learn it fast, the better for the family.

Thank you very much

Amazing
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Love800(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02
Okay.
Thats good to hear.
I find it weird though for people staying at the countryside(village).
Anyways, your conversations showed me dat its not dat bad.
I appreciate.[quote author=Babastrong post=130275188][/quote]
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Babastrong(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02
[quote author=Love800 post=130275360]Okay.
Thats good to hear.
I find it weird though for people staying at the countryside(village).
Anyways, your conversations showed me dat its not dat bad.
I appreciate.[ thanks. I appreciate you too. Our conversation Shows you really exposed and matured.]

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Tonididdyx: 9:53pm On Jun 02
Honestly in this era it's impossible without fearing for the worst.

I couldn't accommodate a lady and her 5 children who wanted to rent a bed sitter apartment, I was stunned, 6 people on this one room apartment.

... These days a lot of persons are taking refuge in uncompleted buildings and raising a family. You can only imagine how desperate they can go to survive!
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Rexymania(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02
NoToPile:
One paint of real oloyin ( honey) beans was 8500 yesterday, only one place in the market sold it for 8,500, others were 9k.

We duh die. Where's your location?
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by anonimi: 9:54pm On Jun 02
Gerrard59:

Tensazangetsu20,

Na true you talk. Married men should never be envied. Any married man in Nigeria has strong balls. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very true about strong balls from different perspectives grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by DJInfluence: 10:12pm On Jun 02
Depends on the family and the standard they are used to. There's no one size fits all approach to this.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by maasoap(m): 10:19pm On Jun 02
Gerrard59:

But Tinubu, your guy, won every state in the South West except cosmopolitan Lagos and came behind Atiku in a close contest in Osun. But he garnered a lot of votes by sheer numbers from Yorubas including in Kogi and Kwara. He also won the North West.

Let's not distort facts here. The majority of Yorubas voted for Tinubu. Be proud of it.
With the exception of Lagos state in Yoruba land, right? Won by who? How many states did Tinubu or Atiku win South East where Obi comes from? Zero. Even their total votes didn't reach 100k grin grin grin.
Talk of percentage of total votes in each region recorded by each candidate, Obi still took the lead as the candidate who got highest votes based on tribalism. Everyone knows that. It even made the front page here about a month ago when the info was released by Statisense
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by JoeEeL(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02
greenermodels:
Most Nigerians don't earn upto #200,000 per month yet they're feeding, clothing and sheltering themselves. The quality is what seems to depreciate rather than the quantity. Who else have noticed that 80-90% of fish barbecue businesses have shut down since Tinubu took over as president? Nigerians are feeding on less desirable,less delicious and less nutritious meals today. Everything about Nigeria reminds me of the novel 1984 by George Orwell.

Hmmn. What can u say about the quality of analytical thinking when food with little nutrients are now provided to the body's system?
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by komzy589(m): 12:16am On Jun 03
JOACHINpedro:
Balanced diet-
Parameter- ₦1500= a balanced meal price per person
₦1500 * 3square meals *6persons= ₦27,000/day
₦27,000 * 7days= ₦189,000/Wk
₦189,000 * 4wks= ₦756,000/month

An unbalanced diet-
Parameter- ₦800=an unbalanced meal price per person
₦800 * 3square meals *6persons= ₦14,400/day
₦14,400 * 7days =₦100,800/Wk
₦100,800 * 4wks= ₦403,200/month

A Survival mode
Parameter- ₦350= Survival meal price per person
₦350 * 3square meals *6persons= ₦6,300/day
₦6,300 * 7days =₦44,100/wk
₦44,100 * 4wks= ₦176,400/month

Check where you stand
Spot on 👏
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by komzy589(m): 12:34am On Jun 03
maasoap:

Tinubu didn't become the president based on tribalism. He became the president because he had allies, relationship built over the years. What was the percentage of Yoruba votes of the total votes recorded by Tinubu?
Obi got most votes from his tribesmen more than any other major candidate in terms of percentage of the total votes
This is a bit true sha.
I guess the Ekiti result coming out first, made people to feel that way.
Ekiti was actually a surprise to me but the percentage quotient of Ibos that voted for Obi is far more than Yorubas that voted for Tinubu.
For me, Tinubu won the election because of the two strong oppositions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:55am On Jun 03
Tonytonex:
it is.

Are you saying you can buy food with 400 naira in Nigeria now?
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Mrpojj(m): 5:01am On Jun 03
iwaeda:
How much is the average cost of feeding a family of 6?
No pepper in the market again. What will people eat.
Fews year ago ,Lai Mohammed said 30 would do that monthly
Fear APC
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Moseshasss: 5:55am On Jun 03
greenermodels:
Most Nigerians don't earn upto #200,000 per month yet they're feeding, clothing and sheltering themselves. The quality is what seems to depreciate rather than the quantity. Who else have noticed that 80-90% of fish barbecue businesses have shut down since Tinubu took over as president? Nigerians are feeding on less desirable,less delicious and less nutritious meals today. Everything about Nigeria reminds me of the novel 1984 by George Orwell.

Yet during another round of Election's 🗳️ Nigerians 🇳🇬 will still Vote for who de give them pepper 🌶
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by bluebay(m): 6:19am On Jun 03
gratiaeo:
Nigeria is in big mess today be of tribalism. I never know Tinubu will be this failure
They will soon blame it on Peter OBI
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by bluebay(m): 6:19am On Jun 03
Budget 250k per month ..
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Curdlebug(m): 6:37am On Jun 03
Pussyisgud:

lol,
Things are hard but family of 6 are living on less than that, trust me.

Ofcos it's subjective... many families eat once a day... not many can eat 3 times a day
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by folake4u(f): 6:44am On Jun 03
Gerrard59:
Anyway, this thread and many others is a major reason I am wary of any lady who has more than 2 siblings. That is one of my first set of questions when interacting with any Nigerian/African lady: how many siblings do you have? More than 2? My mind says back off.

When my parents stopped at three, others decided to fire on till four, five and six. The Gods forbid!

Your own is too much. 😂😂😂😂
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by gunners160(m): 7:29am On Jun 03
Pussyisgud:

lol,
Things are hard but family of 6 are living on less than that, trust me.
I doubt. I spend nothing less than 5k a day and we are just two oo
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by gunners160(m): 7:37am On Jun 03
xgod:

Base on your permutations sir, even over 80% of Nigerians are not eating survival meal.
Because a family of 6 on survival mode feeding, ought to be earning 200k and above in other to sustain such.
na now u know? Honestly we are not ..... I don calculate die yesterday on how much I spend on food. Just Yesterday, I spent 9k on food . Funny enough , I stay in d North ooooo...... Beans 2200 rice 2200 Tuwo 1300
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by polite2(m): 7:39am On Jun 03
[quote author=PresidObi post=130264994]When you say average for feeding a family of 6, I am assuming that you mean a family of father, mother and 4 children.

Each person will eat a meal of #1,500 on the average for each meal. That is 9,000 each day for feeding alone.

This will be 9,000 x 30 days, #270,000

Bro, if u deduced 9000 per meal, 9000X3 where 3 represent breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Which is equal =27,000 X30
=810,000

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by deavicky(m): 7:40am On Jun 03
jmoore:
400 x 6 = 2,400 naira

2,400 naira x 3 = 7,200 naira per day.

7,200 x 30 days = 216,000 naira a month.
how do u people come with this calculations?. Do they go to restaurant to buy their daily meal or how do u people mean.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by jmoore(m): 7:44am On Jun 03
deavicky:
how do u people come with this calculations?. Do they go to restaurant to buy their daily meal or how do u people mean.
A plate of food in mama put costs more than 400 naira. So taking into consideration that cooking at home is cheaper, I used 400 naira as an estimate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Considers Hadiza Bala Usman As Head Of NPA / Oluseun Onigbinde Appointed As Technical Adviser Budget & Planning, Under Buhari / Tinubu’s Chatham House Performance A Disgrace – PDP Campaign

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.