Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,635 members, 7,914,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:38 AM

How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? (28330 Views)

Banditry: Northern Groups Threaten Shutdown Of 6 States & Abuja If Nigerian .... / Anambra Election: Police Officers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Feeding Allowance / Kaduna: Armed Bandits Attack Aviation Quarters, Abduct Family Of 6, 3 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Love800(m): 7:09pm On Jun 02
What job are you doing in the village?
Babastrong:
If your income cannot sustain you to cope with city's life. Go back to your village.
We, in the village are eating fresh pepper, vegetables, yam etc. Even we use fresh palm oil fruits to cook our soups.
And our children are schooling the way your children do.
Infact we are not expose to the harzards of city.
Leave lagos, abuja, partharcout for those who can cope in lagos without complaining.
Stop this lamentation and blame game.
NIGERIA GO BETTER!!.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Villa12(m): 7:09pm On Jun 02
TheBTCinvestor:
Hmmm I have a family of 4. Two kids and wifey...I spend 1.3m on family maintenance monthly o...bills choke...if u no get money no put hand for marriage..ul be frustrated
interesting. You're doing well. Please help me with something to feed.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by smasher1(m): 7:12pm On Jun 02
tanigororo:

Fake and Wrong details

It's correct. You can only improvise to spend less. Anyone spending below the survival mode 350 is hardly surviving.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Life2ways: 7:14pm On Jun 02
gratiaeo:
Nigeria is in big mess today be of tribalism. I never know Tinubu will be this failure

I'm happy the tribal card you guys played does not relieve you guys of any hardship today. All are feeling it but it will never be well with you guys who brought this calamity upon us who saw the evil end right from the beginning

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Life2ways: 7:20pm On Jun 02
Babastrong:
If your income cannot sustain you to cope with city's life. Go back to your village.
We, in the village are eating fresh pepper, vegetables, yam etc. Even we use fresh palm oil fruits to cook our soups.
And our children are schooling the way your children do.
Infact we are not expose to the harzards of city.
Leave lagos, abuja, partharcout for those who can cope in lagos without complaining.
Stop this lamentation and blame game.
NIGERIA GO BETTER!!.

Are you on some cracks? Are you saying Nigerians shouldn't complain of bad government and leadership? Are you saying you don't deserve to live in the city if government has made life a bit favourable for the people which is their sole responsibility? I can imagine how miserable your life would be getting stuck in the village with no basic amenities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Obainomilano: 7:26pm On Jun 02
hegelian:

People survive on something less than that as you say, but you should ask what type of survival?? People eat very very unhealthy meal, survived on illegal money and patronage, have their kids doing crazy things outside to survive.
No family of 6 can survive in anything less than 2400minimum per meal and that is being very very very conservatives, and this is only food oo.. Nigeria corruption can never reduce until workers can eat, shelter, and cloth on their own with what they ear.. Civil servant are corrupt because large majority of them earn a very pauper salary that can't even survive them for a week...

only me as a person spend 2ƙ plus a day just for survival meal ..so no family of six can survive on less than 6k a day..unless they are starving

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by bayplus: 7:27pm On Jun 02
ChybuzzDD:

From your calculation, it should be 27,000 per day, not 9000 per day.
1,500 x 3 x 6 =27,000

Who really eats three times daily these days?

Most people eat twice in best case scenarios and once, in worst case scenarios.

Like someone said, level of education, exposure, location, lifestyle, discipline etc goes a long way to determine what is required to feed a family of 6 for a month. Those who enjoys eating out frequently will spend more, while those who do home cooking will save more.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Untube: 7:27pm On Jun 02
jmoore:
400 x 6 = 2,400 naira

2,400 naira x 3 = 7,200 naira per day.

7,200 x 30 days = 216,000 naira a month.

Which food can someone get with 400? Even to drink garri, you should be looking at 500 naira each😂😂
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by PUNANI01: 7:28pm On Jun 02
You can't find peppers of 100naira and 150naira again in the market! Next year, everybody will relocate to Cameroon grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Alphanancy: 7:30pm On Jun 02
That is not living. They are barely surviving.
Pussyisgud:

lol,
Things are hard but family of 6 are living on less than that, trust me.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Tonytonex(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02
ChybuzzDD:

You're assuming #400 per person/meal ?

That's not realistic nah
it is.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Procashtips(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02
Villa12:
probably the whole 4 are not adults

Even if the whole 6 are adults, one paint of garri finishing at a sitting sounds somehow in my ears. 2 sittings sounds pausable.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Procashtips(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02
ozo13:
fair enough.mine is just 100k for myself and my wife with quality food containing egg,milk,fish,meat

With children, it will double or tripple.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Procashtips(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02
mrvitalis:

Soup 5000 garri 1500

Oh ok. Fair enough.
.for one sitting, ₦3k soup can still be managed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by mrvitalis(m): 7:52pm On Jun 02
Procashtips:

Oh ok. Fair enough.
.for one sitting, ₦3k soup can still be managed.
How would the soup be?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Ken4Christ: 7:56pm On Jun 02
smasher1:

It's correct. You can only improvise to spend less. Anyone spending below the survival mode 350 is hardly surviving.

Don't mind him. He has no family. Maybe, someone is feeding him. So, he is not faced with the reality of the present situation.

Meanwhile, NEPA bill, gas, fuel, school fee,toiletries, clothes etc are not included.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Procashtips(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02
mrvitalis:

How would the soup be?

For one sitting, it will do, but if you're talking about correct soup with correct teammates, then ₦5k and above for a sitting.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by rolams(m): 8:26pm On Jun 02
iwaeda:
How much is the average cost of feeding a family of 6?
No pepper in the market again. What will people eat.

Aje oooo! Owo ooooooo!
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by ndu99(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02
iwaeda:
as in people still dey eat 3times a day oo wow

And they are even using the amount i realised in 3 month in just a month feeding 250k - 300k. God dey.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by sevenhundred(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02
jmoore:
400 x 6 = 2,400 naira

and that's why almost all Nigerian are debtors.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Ulogwe1: 8:36pm On Jun 02
Beremx:
The average cost of feeding a family of six depends on how fast you learn the old national anthem. The earlier you learn it fast, the better for the family.

Thank you very much

grin grin God abeg oooo, my belle ooo.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Olatayo0103: 8:39pm On Jun 02
It’s well
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Gerrard59(m): 8:39pm On Jun 02
When I analyse issues from the root rather than the stem or branches, Nigerians go attack me.

The issue has to do with having lots of children. I have recommended vasectomy as the solution, but Nigerian men dey say no. Female contraceptives except hysterectomy can fail. Vasectomy remains the surest means of restricting childbirth, but una no go listen. Now, una don born FOUR children. I wonder why you people think having many kids is fun. Having four children means you have to spend at least 72 years of your earnings, time and energy till they become 18 years old at minimum, and 100 years of your earnings till they attain 25 years old at maximum.

Na body go tell una.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Babastrong(m): 8:39pm On Jun 02
[quote author=Love800 post=130273506]What job are you doing in the village?[ bar soap production, aftershave etc. And also mechanized farming.]
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by wildernessVoice: 8:42pm On Jun 02
ChybuzzDD:

You're assuming #400 per person/meal ?

That's not realistic nah

Even mama put no dey for #400

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Gerrard59(m): 8:42pm On Jun 02
NoToPile:

Tomatoes lipsrsealed

I just wonder how very low income earners are surviving coz 50k can't get you much these days for food especially those with little children. If it's adults they will rough it but children they have to feed well, have to eat fruits, take milk, eat eggs etc etc. And people earn 50k monthly with wife and children.

Feeding money is crazy these days, just to buy few things here and there you have spent 70k not stocking the home oo, no major thing like bag of rice, the most annoying part is it's inside 2 bagco sacks the thing will full e go come be like film trick unlike when it's the boot of the car that will be filled with 70k.

So my brother e reach to price the whole market oo.

Tensazangetsu20,

Na true you talk. Married men should never be envied. Any married man in Nigeria has strong balls. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by femi4: 8:42pm On Jun 02
iwaeda:
Ata gigun
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by femi4: 8:43pm On Jun 02
jmoore:
400 x 6 = 2,400 naira

And min wage is?
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:44pm On Jun 02
Gerrard59:

Tensazangetsu20,

Na true you talk. Married men should never be envied. Any married man in Nigeria has strong balls. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Theres nobody stronger in body, mind and spirit than a Nigerian married man especially those living in Nigeria.
Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Gerrard59(m): 8:45pm On Jun 02
maasoap:

Tinubu didn't become the president based on tribalism. He became the president because he had allies, relationship built over the years. What was the percentage of Yoruba votes of the total votes recorded by Tinubu?
Obi got most votes from his tribesmen more than any other major candidate in terms of percentage of the total votes

But Tinubu, your guy, won every state in the South West except cosmopolitan Lagos and came behind Atiku in a close contest in Osun. But he garnered a lot of votes by sheer numbers from Yorubas including in Kogi and Kwara. He also won the North West.

Let's not distort facts here. The majority of Yorubas voted for Tinubu. Be proud of it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Average Cost Of Feeding A Family Of 6? by Gerrard59(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02
tensazangetsu20:

Theres nobody stronger in body, mind and spirit than a Nigerian married man especially those living in Nigeria.

If you see the way I discourage my brother from ever thinking about marriage eh. grin grin

But I have preached this thing since 2020: https://www.nairaland.com/6035550/nigerians-poverty-certain-acts-perpetuate
Nigerians just have this belief that nothing dey happen. The good thing about this thread is that it encapsulates the views of the average Nigerian, especially those outside Lagos and Abuja. If na Twitter or Reddit/Nigeria, Ndi Lekki would tell us Nigerians are enjoying. grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Your Letter Didn’t Say I Should Appear In Uniform, Ali Tells Senate / Delta State Registered Rickety Car With Funny Pro-buhari Tag / FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.