Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,578 members, 7,905,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik (5494 Views)

How Azikiwe Opposed Awolowo In Putting Secession Permission Into The Constitutio / Wike On Secession: Won’t Allow Anyone To Annex, Hoist Unnecessary Flag In Rivers / Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Peterobiisathie(f): 8:44am On Jun 07
engrchykae:
a useless man who said that "Nigeria is a mere geographic expression"
Just turned around and shouted"I am irrevocably on the side of one Nigeria"
Because he was made finance Minister.
A man who had ambition to be prime Minister was happy to be finance Minister of an illiterate soldier.
Awolowo is a fool
Ojukwu died of HIV AIDS

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by PaellaPaella: 8:46am On Jun 07
Uchek:
Absolutely right. He could have maintained a NEUTRAL STANCE and allow North & East to settle their political score. But he joined his enemy, Arewa North, to fight East just because Gowon “promised” him post-Biafra Nigeria presidency.

That bigot will continue to rot in hell, he has no dignity
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Kukutente23: 9:35am On Jun 07
gidgiddy:

Nigeria is world poverty capital and 8th most insecure country on earth, it is a failed country that should be dissolved

Correction, Ojukwu died aged 79
Ok.... so who will start the dissolution

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Kukutente23: 9:37am On Jun 07
engrchykae:
a useless man who said that "Nigeria is a mere geographic expression"
Just turned around and shouted"I am irrevocably on the side of one Nigeria"
Because he was made finance Minister.
A man who had ambition to be prime Minister was happy to be finance Minister of an illiterate soldier.
Awolowo is a fool
Awolowo was not a fool. He couldn't have been when he saw through the north. It is Zik the northern mugu that turned you to a slave and 3rd class citizen. He supported Biafra at first only to later denounce it.
If Zik was any wise, he would have easily become PM by aligning with Awolowo instead of becoming an empty governor General who can't even command an office clerk. Ibos are suffering till today for Zik's political miscalculation

6 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Peterobiisathie(f): 9:40am On Jun 07
Kukutente23:

gidgiddy will never respond to this question

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Judgementa1: 9:43am On Jun 07
Uchek:
Absolutely right. He could have maintained a NEUTRAL STANCE and allow North & East to settle their political score. But he joined his enemy, Arewa North, to fight East just because Gowon “promised” him post-Biafra Nigeria presidency.

The way u people reason sometimes makes one wonder what kind of people u re.

So awolowo should maintain neutral stance and watch ojukwu army take over the western region.

How come ojukwu directed his army towards western region and not the Northern region his perceive enemy.

Or did ojukwu and ironsi stayed neutral when adaka boro tried to move ijaw nation out of the country.

The problem with u people is u feel u have the right to take decision on behalf of others.

6 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by gidgiddy: 9:49am On Jun 07
Kukutente23:

The dissolution has already started, right now there are many parts of the North that are under armed bandit control. Every year, more and more people are taking up arms against government, and it's a matter of time before that number surpasses the military.

It is better to conduct referendum now and everyone peacefully goes their way, rather than when full scale conflict erupts. Many people are not happy with Nigeria

Nigeria has failed, and all failed countries don't last forever

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 9:53am On Jun 07
ElSudani:

The problem with zik is similar to what we experience with Ibos today. They always want to go the opposite way on everything with Yoruba, whether it is in their interest or not is secondary.
If there are two options 'A' and 'Z' and you want 'A', just pretend as if 'Z' is your preferred option and wach them (igbós) go the other way - falling into your 'trap'.

That's why the likes of obasanjo, Mr. Macaroni and other precipitates are their heroes over there.
cool

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 10:01am On Jun 07
The truth is never in you (plural).
Even when the truth is staring u I'm the face, u will still excuse it away in favour of fallacy.

That's why you are the least trusted/trustworthy tribe in Nigeria.
cool
AlexBells:

The thing I don’t fancy about you is that you always talk without considering timing. In 1954, what value will Zik stand on to support secession when the bone of contention was independence. Zik was a great guy. Awo was being delusional. Yes today Nigeria seems chaotic but that wasn’t the case in 1954. In fact the North opposed independence but Awo was proposing secession which could have plunged the young country into chaos of course at the end it did, Zik has long been vindicated.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by AlexBells(m): 10:11am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:
The truth is never in you (plural).
Even when the truth is staring u I'm the face, u will still excuse it away in favour of fallacy.

That's why you are the least trusted/trustworthy tribe in Nigeria.
cool

God bless Nigeria.
We know the tribe that’s not trusted in Nigeria and you guys never disappoint at that. To an Igbo man A is A. Don’t discuss trust everyone knows the chameleon tribe and of courses God bless the federal republic, we already know the eternal secessionists
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 10:18am On Jun 07
Hehehehehe.....the tribe that is 'not trusted' is worthy enough to be trusted with power over the tribe that is 'trusted'! grin

The tribe that is 'not trusted' is ruling over the tribe that is 'trusted', while the 'trusted' tribe is wailing day and night that Nigerians don't count it trustworthy enough to be trusted with power.

What an irony!
grin

AlexBells:

We know the tribe that’s not trusted in Nigeria and you guys never disappoint at that. To an Igbo man A is A. Don’t discuss trust everyone knows the chameleon tribe and of courses God bless the federal republic, we already know the eternal secessionists

5 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Rikkely: 10:34am On Jun 07
Judgementa1:

The way u people reason sometimes makes one wonder what kind of people u re.

So awolowo should maintain neutral stance and watch ojukwu army take over the western region.

How come ojukwu directed his army towards western region and not the Northern region his perceive enemy.

Or did ojukwu and ironsi stayed neutral when adaka boro tried to move ijaw nation out of the country.

The problem with u people is u feel u have the right to take decision on behalf of others.

We knew he was a traitor and his action did not surprised anybody because bigots and traitors hardly change, his actually name is chameleon
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Rikkely: 10:41am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:
Hehehehehe.....the tribe that is 'not trusted' is worthy enough to be trusted with power over the tribe that is 'trusted'! grin

The tribe that is 'not trusted' is ruling over the tribe that is 'trusted', while the 'trusted' tribe is wailing day and night that Nigerians don't count it trustworthy enough to be trusted with power.

What an irony!
grin

Stop fuuling yourself grin, the whole Nigeria is aware of the tribe who cannot be trusted and always willing to serve as a second class citizen to their master just to become president, it's an open secret

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 10:43am On Jun 07
I'm not Igbo bro!
cool
Rikkely:

Stop fuuling yourself grin, the whole Nigeria is aware of the tribe who cannot be trusted and always willing to serve as a second class citizen to their master just to become president, it's an open secret
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by AlexBells(m): 11:01am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:

What an irony!
grin

Politics is a game, got nothing to with tribe, I don’t think the whole Yorubas are president but you know why Igbos perform better in all indices from trade to education becuase even Gowon trusted an Igbo pilot to fly him out in time of need. Most Nigerians will buy from Igbos that’s trust. Politics in many cases is a game of the biggest lie, Igbos are real
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 11:05am On Jun 07
No need shifting goal post bra!
Sebi ur aiz don clear on who the trustworthy and untrustworthy tribes is now??

Na u drag me go there and I don clear ur doubt!
Case closed!

Next time no throw stone for market or else d stone fit nack ya papa for blockus!

The day Nigerians will count the average igboman trustworthy for leadership of Nigeria, ping me and I will tender an unreserved apology to you!
cool
AlexBells:

Politics is a game, got nothing to with tribe, I don’t think the whole Yorubas are president but you know why Igbos perform better in all indices from trade to education becuase even Gowon trusted an Igbo pilot to fly him out in time of need. Most Nigerians will buy from Igbos that’s trust. Politics in many cases is a game of the biggest lie, Igbos are real

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by AlexBells(m): 11:08am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:

Case closed!

Next time no throw stone for market or else d stone fit nack ya papa for blockus!
cool
Politicians are the least trusted people in the planet, and if your definition of trust is based on political success then yiu are worse than a chameleon

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 11:09am On Jun 07
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Rikkely: 11:09am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:
I'm not Igbo bro!
cool

You can never be Igbo, we don't give birth to traitors and cowards grin
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Rikkely: 11:10am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:
Story; still shifting goalpost!

The day Nigerians will count the average igboman trustworthy for leadership of Nigeria, ping me and I will tender an unreserved apology to you!
cool

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by AlexBells(m): 11:12am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:

cool
I and you any position, I will win not just you before sunrise but anyone else from your generation. Talk about you
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 11:16am On Jun 07
The day Nigerians trust you enough to entrust the leadership of Niger to you because of ur 'loyalty' and 'bravery', ping me, I will tender an unreserved apology to you.

#nor_be_by_mouth!
cool
Rikkely:

You can never be Igbo, we don't give birth to traitors and cowards grin

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 11:18am On Jun 07

cool
AlexBells:

Politicians are the least trusted people in the planet, and if your definition of trust is based on political success then yiu are worse than a chameleon

AlexBells:

You are buying your tomatoes with your Urtchin card Na

AlexBells:

I and you any position, I will win not just you before sunrise but anyone else from your generation. Talk about you
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by AlexBells(m): 11:24am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:

cool

Till then, keep your most treacherous title, cause we shall soon win fair not your treachery, the fun part you have been fielding failures
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 11:32am On Jun 07
Heehehehhehehe.....
#ramblings!

In VDM's voice: ''y'all gon lurrrn''!
grin grin
AlexBells:

Till then, keep your most treacherous title, cause we shall soon win fair not your treachery, the fun part you have been fielding failures
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by AlexBells(m): 11:45am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:
Heehehehhehehe.....
#ramblings!

In VDM's voice: ''y'all gon lurrrn''!
grin grin
You are buying your tomatoes with your Urtchin card Na
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Rikkely: 11:46am On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:

Case closed!

cool

Have you forgotten how your people betrayed Abiola and wife, have you heard the story of Afun-jaa? betraying is in your gene
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by YesDaddy1: 11:50am On Jun 07
Hehhehehehehe.....small pikin talk. grin
Haven't you heard of how those who were responsible for the bolded 'compensated' with obasanjo?
Later on osinbajo -vice-president!
Later on Tinubu - president!

Bia nwokem, how many have u bn 'compensated' with??
grin
Rikkely:

Have you forgotten how your people betrayed Abiola and wife, have you heard the story of Afun-jaa? betraying is in your gene

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Kukutente23: 11:53am On Jun 07
gidgiddy:

The dissolution has already started, right now there are many parts of the North that are under armed bandit control. Every year, more and more people are taking up arms against government, and it's a matter of time before that number surpasses the military.

It is better to conduct referendum now and everyone peacefully goes their way, rather than when full scale conflict erupts. Many people are not happy with Nigeria

Nigeria has failed, and all failed countries don't last forever
So you're hoping on northern bandits to help you dissolve the country?

You have still not answered who is going to start the referendum and if it will be Nationwide or just confined to the East

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by Rikkely: 12:03pm On Jun 07
YesDaddy1:
The day Nigerians trust you enough to entrust the leadership of Niger to you because of ur 'loyalty' and 'bravery', ping me, I will tender an unreserved apology to you.

#nor_be_by_mouth!
cool

Who trust chameleons and traitors grin grin
Re: Flashback: Why I Opposed Awolowo On Secession - Zik by OMBIIGA: 12:07pm On Jun 07
Historically, the Northern region were the first to threaten succession from the federation as reported in May, 1953 !! Zik's response to the agitation underscore the indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Cbn:: No More N10m Cheques, From Jan 1, 2010 / EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son / Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.