Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,149 members, 7,880,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) (47071 Views)

Soludo Renames Anambra Airport To Chinua Achebe Airport / Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? / Unknown Gunmen Kill Policeman In Ogidi, Anambra State (Disturbing Video, Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by ANSMEDIA: 10:00pm On Jun 08
Ola9ja23:

You better don't expose your ignorance further ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€

Mention the name of the company that produces cement, roofing sheets and iron in Anambra or kip qwiet ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
This is building materials Ogidi

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:00pm On Jun 08
Sergio103:

Honour the challenge.

Soyinka vs Achebe. A good comparison thread for it.

You think it's by writing to sweet talk to the colonialist? Or by betraying the agreement to sabotage mere award from the oppressors and taking the award?

Nah!. Literature is heart. You write blunt, you maintain integrity!!

Chinua Achebe is infact the definition of BLUNT. His thoughts and expressions in writing are indeed BLUNT.

When you read the words of truth below in his book, 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY', emphasis on the red highlight.

He wrote,
grin

โ€œI will be the first to concede that the Igbo as a group is not without its flaws. Its success can and did carry deadly penalties: the dangers of hubris, overweening pride, and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or, even worse, than can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness. There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness.[color=#990000][/color]โ€

That is how BLUNT Achebe was.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by XerXers: 10:03pm On Jun 08
hafeeanubasy:

ONE IS A NOBEL LAUREATE

ONE IS AN ORDINARY STORY TELLER!....

Chinua Achebe will explain tire....

Wole saying needs no explanation
Nobel laureate by what yardstick? Just a useless award. It's like saying those awarded governor of the year in Nigeria are actually the best because of the award

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by hafeeanubasy: 10:12pm On Jun 08
XerXers:

Nobel laureate by what yardstick? Just a useless award. It's like saying those awarded governor of the year in Nigeria are actually the best because of the award
๐Ÿ˜†....chinua Achebe died wishing he had one.

You his kinsmen will explain tire how he merited it or how the award is inconsequential ๐Ÿ˜†

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by ANSMEDIA: 10:13pm On Jun 08
ImmaculateJOE:

Please, help us with Soyinka's residence and home town
Soyinka's house in forest Ogun state

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by ANSMEDIA: 10:14pm On Jun 08
FourQu:
Can we also see soyinka's House? undecided

I'd love to see how his home and its surrounding neighbourhood looks like cool

Can any RoNu oblige me? grin

NOTE: I remember he cried out about fulani herdsmen attacking his farm and stuff at his backyard that year sad . . . So it's perfectly okay to show us the forests and bushes around his home too. It won't surprise us one bit wink
Soyinka's house in Ogun

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by XerXers: 10:21pm On Jun 08
hafeeanubasy:

๐Ÿ˜†....chinua Achebe died wishing he had one.

You his kinsmen will explain tire how he merited it or how the award is inconsequential ๐Ÿ˜†
Achebe wey just de reject awards anyhow?
In terms on number of books
Copies sold
Languages translated
Or any other empirical data, Soyinka no near Achebe
Award is what it is, just an ward nothing more

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by hafeeanubasy: 10:25pm On Jun 08
XerXers:

Achebe wey just de reject awards anyhow?
In terms on number of books
Copies sold
Languages translated
Or any other empirical data, Soyinka no near Achebe
Award is what it is, just an ward nothing more
Really ? ๐Ÿ˜† you are very Ignorant!

Mention one drama or play written by ACHEBE

Mention one of his plays acted by him?...or a song written by him?

Achebe is not a literature person he is just a bestseller writer!

Soyinka writes poems,plays,dramas,prose,acted,direct plays ..he excelled in all fields...he is a literature personified like Shakespeare

Na ACHEBE and CHINAMANDA ADICHIE day the same categories..bestsellers!

By the way,which award did ACHEBE reject apart from CON or whatever of Nigeria. He received many prizes but died wishing he won a nobel prize,but he is not prolific enough to win it,he was just a bestseller.

Meanwhile ....don't forget your assignment:MENTION ONE DRAMA OR PLAY WRITTEN BY ACHEBE!

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by APOPTOSIS: 10:26pm On Jun 08
Ola9ja23:

Baby factory, fake drugs and drinks and drug trafficking are very lucrative business
Everyone there are billionaires ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‚
What stops you from doing such?
Or are you allergic to wealth?
Seems yours has been a bad investment.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by BossGerald: 10:27pm On Jun 08
ANSMEDIA:

Ogidi not Awka, Awka don't have much of multistorey buildings

How can you say you covered Ogidi without her magnificent by the express road?? Ugwu nwanosike road??

Go back there and resnap oo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by XerXers: 10:28pm On Jun 08
hafeeanubasy:

Mention one drama or play written by ACHEBE

Mention one of his plays acted by him?...or a song written by him?

Achebe is not a literature person he is just a bestseller writer!

Soyinka writes poems,plays,dramas,prose,acted,direct plays ..he excelled in all fields...he is a literature personified like Shakespeare

Na ACHEBE and CHINAMANDA ADICHIE day the same categories..bestsellers!
I don't even understand your point, Achebe is far more prolific than Soyinka.
Things fall apart alone swallow all Soyinka works and it was acted long before anybody know Soyinka. He didn't write play and drama so he is not a literature person? You go school at all

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by hafeeanubasy: 10:43pm On Jun 08
XerXers:

I don't even understand your point, Achebe is far more prolific than Soyinka.
Things fall apart alone swallow all Soyinka works and it was acted long before anybody know Soyinka. He didn't write play and drama so he is not a literature person? You go school at all
๐Ÿ˜†...you don't even know the meaning of being prolific....You mean that mid level JSS3 novel

There are 3 genre of English literature PROSE,DRAMA and POETRY.

Again!...MENTION ONE PLAY OR DRAMA WRITTEN BY CHINUA ACHEBE ,AT LEAST THAT WILL SHOW HOW PROLIFIC HE WAS.
.MENTION ONE PLAY OR DRAMA ACTED BY HIM

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by W0t0w0toman: 10:58pm On Jun 08
ANSMEDIA:

Is this a shrine?

12 Likes

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by Alexiiydon: 11:22pm On Jun 08
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
I did not see ๐ŸŸคbrown๐ŸŸค roof. I'm seeing mansions, duplex and high rise building
yes because everywhere was bushes until 2013 thatโ€™s when houses start coming

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by haybhi1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08
hafeeanubasy:

I'm disappointed in you. You should've matured more than this. You see someone that ignorant, and you pitch a tent with him, wallowing together. Have you seen anyone with brain ever talk down on NPโ€”the most coveted and prestigious award in the world, historically?

Don't you know what a noble prize is? You think it's because of his hair that Soyinka is revered worldwide? No! It's because of something you associate only with people the calibre of Einstein/mother Theresa/Luther King, and so on. Something so great it's the ambition of anyone who ever attend a school. It's only people who's contributed to humanity who ever own it, money don't buy it. Intelligence don't but it; only the gifted, genius get it. Something even the white men struggle all their lives chasing yet never get. Something that contribute to humanity in a reputable way, not all of us can do it. It's so great only 7 people have done it Africa, despite the >3000 tribes we have. It is wrong to expect an Igbo man or just anyone to have it for the sake, because it's for only geniuses, who're very scarce around. It finds you, you don't really find it

You wouldn't pass through a field and escape these people in their respective fields unless you never attend a school all your life.

But here's Xerxers, someone who wasn't even blessed with brain sound enough to recognize substance. Existence doesn't mean anymore to him than wake, eat, sleep, procreate, and look for who to hate among other tribesโ€”mundane and trivial things rock his world. And you decide to argue this with him? Why?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by RoiNews2: 11:34pm On Jun 08
kettykin:

If this is ogidi , then ogidi is almost at par with some state capitals.

I am really fascinated with this level of development of ogidi without much noise ...

Ogidi really has people
Thatโ€™s Onitsha too! Onitsha developed and expanded into Ogidi

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by Ttipsy(f): 11:49pm On Jun 08
ANSMEDIA:
Aerial view of Ogidi in Idemili north local government area, Anambra state Achebe's home town
this is beautiful!!
God bless your good work

9 Likes

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by richiemcgold: 12:01am On Jun 09
XerXers:

Pls Nobel prize for literature is not a useless award. Calling it a useless award is an insult to all creative writers worldwide. I'm not here to join the useless banters going on here, but pls kindly note that it is the dream of every writer all over the world to be a Nobel prize winner. It is like the ballon d'or for footballers, Oscars for actors or Grammy for musicians.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by Sultanofpiglets: 12:14am On Jun 09
Please open thread for this comparism...

I want to see Agbado tears in buckets..

Please open the thread...

ANSMEDIA:

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by KosiGee(m): 12:17am On Jun 09
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
I did not see ๐ŸŸคbrown๐ŸŸค roof. I'm seeing mansions, duplex and high rise building

Nwokem stop that nonsense.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by KosiGee(m): 12:21am On Jun 09
ANSMEDIA:

Whatโ€™s the essence of this thread? To explore Ogidi and Achebeโ€™s house or to start unnecessary comparison with Soyinka?

This is very childish and embarrassing mister. You are bigger than this nwanne. You are not a child, if you are then apologies but you need to grow up.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by TheSuperX(m): 1:29am On Jun 09
richiemcgold:

Pls Nobel prize for literature is not a useless award. Calling it a useless award is an insult to all creative writers worldwide. I'm not here to join the banters, but pls kindly note that it is the dream of every writer all over the world to be a Nobel prize winner. It is like the ballon d'or for footballers, Oscars for actors or Grammy for musicians.
If Chinua Achebe got a Nobel prize before he died that guy wouldn't have said what he said. it's just his ignorance and foolishness. Nobel prize is the highest award in literature, just the same Grammy is the highest award for musicians.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by GODPUNISHALABI: 2:05am On Jun 09
When I was small anytime I head to my village in ogbu abatete during christmas, my mum would hold my head and point to me this very house that's chinua achebes house...because she notice I was always reading chike and the river, almost all the time....its located on the road to ekeagu abatete

13 Likes

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by LordIsaac(m): 4:15am On Jun 09
haybhi1:

I'm disappointed in you. You should've mature more than this. You see someone that ignorant, and you pitch a tent with him, wallowing together. Have you seen anyone with brain ever talk down on NPโ€”the most coveted and prestigious award in the world, historically?

Don't you know what a noble prize is? You think it's because of his hair that Soyinka is revered worldwide? No! It's because of something you associate only with people the calibre of Einstein/mother Theresa/Luther King, and so on. Something so great it's the ambition of anyone who ever attend a school. It's only people who's contributed to humanity who ever owns it, money don't buy it. Intelligence don't but it; only the gifted, genius get it. Something even the white men struggle all their lives chasing yet never get. Something that contribute to humanity in a reputable way, not all of us can do it. It's so great only 7 people have done it Africa, despite the >3000 tribes we have. It is wrong to expect an Igbo man to have it for its sake, because it's for only geniuses, who're very scarce around.

You wouldn't pass through a field and escape these people in their respective fields unless you never attend a school all your life.

But here's Xerxers, someone who wasn't even blessed with brain sound enough to recognize substance. Existence doesn't mean anymore to him than wake, eat, sleep, procreate, and look for who to hate among other tribesโ€”mundane and trivial things rock his world. And you decide to argue this with him? Why?
Seconded!๐Ÿ˜Š

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by Nwaokunkpara: 4:37am On Jun 09
FourQu:
Can we also see soyinka's House? undecided

I'd love to see how his home and its surrounding neighbourhood looks like cool

Can any RoNu oblige me? grin

NOTE: I remember he cried out about fulani herdsmen attacking his farm and stuff at his backyard that year sad . . . So it's perfectly okay to show us the forests and bushes around his home too. It won't surprise us one bit wink

That rascal is practically living in the jungle

8 Likes

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by CJStarz: 4:39am On Jun 09
kettykin:
Is this ogidi or awka
Chunua's wife was from Awka but he himself was an Ogidi man

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by Nwaokunkpara: 4:39am On Jun 09
Ola9ja23:
Bitter Obituarists celebrating a man that struggled all his live to achieve what Wole Soyinka achieved yet he couldn't

I wish I can abuse him they way IPOBidients attack others but I'm from a sophisticated region where custom doesn't permit us

Go to the nearest mental hospital to get some drugs for your madness

11 Likes

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by CJStarz: 4:41am On Jun 09
My maternal uncle.
Was there at his burial.

Goodluck Jonathan was in attendance.

@ANSMEDIA Next time capture St. Philips Anglican Church.

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by tuborme: 5:05am On Jun 09
ANSMEDIA:

Ignorant mind Ogidi host the biggest building Materials market, traders from many states including Abuja come there to buy building materials
You forgot to add that the market was built by one and only Peter Obi himself. The dude that raised the bar!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by pointblank247(m): 5:06am On Jun 09
kettykin:
Is this ogidi or awka
that's ogidi naa
Re: My Visit To Chinua Achebe's Residential House Ogidi, Anambra State(video&photos) by IkeIgboNile(m): 5:45am On Jun 09
kettykin

If this is ogidi , then ogidi is almost at par with some state capitals.

I am really fascinated with this level of development of ogidi without much noise ...

Ogidi really has people

If you are fascinated about this little development you see in ogidi then it means you've not been to anambra state before. My town obosi is more development than many places in lagos.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Wouldโ€™ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) / Sheikh Nuru Khalid Gets New Appointment As Iman Of A New Jum'mat Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.