Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,259 members, 7,936,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk (28719 Views)

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Relocate To New Zealand For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by raskymonojendor: 3:32pm On Jun 10
If this is earnings after tax and deductions, rent would gulp atleast half of 2000 pounds. Followed by another 400 in bills. You will still be left with maybe 600 to save.

If this is before tax, you would receive about 1600 after tax, then you can now remove your mandatory expenses.

As for 500k, it's somewhat similar spending power in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ellizy(m): 3:33pm On Jun 10
Abi God wan punish Nigeria 500k job...
Now I realise say e Beta make person go dey UK Kwn get job than to get 200k job for NAIJA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ajimo54(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10
ORACULUM:
Kindly state your option with reasons to help a brother make a decision on what to choose from?
Lessons in the comment please.

Make I advise you. I live in Nigeria but family in the UK. Honestly, if na Federal Government Job, pls and pls stay in Nigeria. 2000 pounds in the UK? You will pay council tax, house rent, subscribe for internet, gas and power bill except feeding. Like 1500 fit take all these things. 500 pounds remaining. Eating African food cost. What about getting married? U will be stressed over that 2000 pounds. Small apartment of 1-bedroom is about 600 pounds.

With 500k in Naija Lagos or Abuja or PH, U are a big boy if u never marry. U will even quick marry. U go buy Toyota Camry 2010 dey cruise am after 2 years. U go rent 1 bed-room tastefully furnished. You fit save build house in 5 years.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10
MT:

Apart from the field trip, which parents pay for, Niigeria education is superior to theirs, as bad as it seems.

Let a Nigeria student enters their primary and secondary schools, they always outshine them. I am talking of serious students.

If you calculate the cost of uniform alone in the UK, you will run. Not to talk of cost of field trips which end up being more expensive than average Nigeria schools.
True. My daughter is in reception at 5. She is still learning sounds and syllables. Her brothers have started reading story books perfectly at 5.
They really shine when joined

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by eepeepook: 3:34pm On Jun 10
This is a joke.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Boyjaco: 3:35pm On Jun 10
brod japa if that 2k no do u look for another work there for the sake of ur unborn children

3 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ppogba: 3:36pm On Jun 10
SmartyPants:
House rent in London will take more than half of that for a rubbish place. House rent can take half of your 500k in Lagos but it would be a decent place. The rest is about the same.

If you are staying in an apartment that takes half of 500k in a month then, you are living far above your income for the 500k.

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by DaddyCoool: 3:37pm On Jun 10
lastkingsman:

According to you:

Earnings - 2k
Expenses - 1.7k

Difference (Savings) - 300£ (570,000 Naira with today's exchange rate).

This is with health insurance, access to more opportunities to progress, security and free education up till secondary school level .

You dey smoke Indian hemp

Someone in UK, struggling and barely getting by, will be reading this your comment and be getting really angry! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by anochilar(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10
500k per month in Nigeria, has more spending capacity, than 2000 pounds per month in UK.

5 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by lastkingsman: 3:39pm On Jun 10
Procashtips:

The error of conversion again

Where's the error?
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ceejayluv(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10
Procashtips:

The error of conversion again
It's kinda Fair... The aim of jakpa is mostly to repatriate something back home and establish for retirement. for now, anyone abroad that can send 600k a month or more to his savings account in Nigeria is better than someone earning same 600k in Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by sonofsteven: 3:40pm On Jun 10
First check tax, feeding and accommodation, transportation etc

Den compare your final amount arrived as final money to keep

Then check your mental health etc

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by MightySparrow: 3:41pm On Jun 10
Benbisco:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Which is?

Use your sense.grin
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Procashtips(m): 3:41pm On Jun 10
ceejayluv:

It's kinda Fair... The aim of jakpa is mostly to repatriate something back home and establish for retirement. for now, anyone abroad that can send 600k a month or more to his savings account in Nigeria is better than someone earning same 600k in Nigeria.

You're assuming that 300 would be free from 2000 right?

Using assumption to plan life?

If it was that easy, all those who japaed would have built houses in Nigeria within 2-3yrs.

I laugh.

3 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by lastkingsman: 3:41pm On Jun 10
StOla:
N500k in Nigeria but not Lagos or Abuja or PH.

I will take it in Ekiti or Ebonyi or Kebbi.

Na for Ogbomoso you want to spend the savings, or is it not to spend in the same UK where your £300 monthly saving is all you have when the need for it arises, like being I between jobs and already knowing your monthly expenses would be circa £1700?

What terrible folly to acknowledge your expenditure within the foreign country economy, only to acknowledge your savings as if it is meant for Nigerian economy.

Or is it not the same Nigeria you already sold the properties your previously acquired, plus the one you even inherited.

Akotileta!

So someone on what's the monthly savings of someone on 500k salary in Nigeria living the same quality of life as someone spending 1,700£ in UK?

Factor in recent inflation into your calculations. And for this argument, savings is savings

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by CJStarz: 3:42pm On Jun 10
WhiteIverson:
You should go for the 3rd option
Which is?😂
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by MT: 3:42pm On Jun 10
ceejayluv:

Do not look at it that way.

The stress of making money in the UK is more than that of Nigeria (unless you are doing professional jobs). This will negatively impact on health as time goes on.

The word - better - is relative, and it varies with individual's circumstances

2 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Procashtips(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10
lastkingsman:

Where's the error?

Why convert to Naira when he won't be paying bills or spending it in naira?

2 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 3:43pm On Jun 10
raskymonojendor:
If this is earnings after tax and deductions, rent would gulp atleast half of 2000 pounds. Followed by another 400 in bills. You will still be left with maybe 600 to save.

If this is before tax, you would receive about 1600 after tax, then you can now remove your mandatory expenses.

As for 500k, it's somewhat similar spending power in Nigeria.
How about food? Transport? Personal care stuffs.

My rent plus bills is around 1k but I still get to spend about 3k-4K monthly for a family of 5.
I’m the sole earner and we use 2 cars. Car insurance, road tax, my practicing license fee, medical indemnity, gym subscription, internet subscription, various activities classes for the kids etc are all on monthly subscription and they eat deep on the money.

2 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by omozu1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 10
Why I go preferred the 2000 uk to Nigeria
Because for you uk you fit do other side hustle to your bills

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ecomalchemistt(m): 3:43pm On Jun 10
Una don start
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Ucheamani(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10
There's nothing like £2k in UK just like there's nothing like 500k in Naija.
UK is made up of 4 different countries with many cities, towns and villages. In Glasgow, Scotland where I live, £2k can pay my rent, pay my council tax and electric bills (I don't use gas) feed my family of 5, buy my monthly bus ticket, pay my phone and house internet bills and I will still have small savings.
Unlike England, I don't have to pay for prescriptions, children under 22 don't pay for public transport, primary school kids eat free. All excursions within the city are paid for by the council. So make your comparison specific.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by lastkingsman: 3:44pm On Jun 10
DaddyCoool:

Someone in UK, struggling and barely getting by, will be reading this your comment and be getting really angry!

Lol. The person should go back to Nigeria na. E get why people are selling off their investments and liquidating their savings to leave that place at all cost.

When the economy go bust under Shetimmatic Tinubulation, that your 500k go turn into dust. Shebi 1$ na 1480 right now na? Wait for the value by 2031 when Nigeria has properly entered debt crisis, the type rocking Lebanon and Sri Lanka right now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by StOla: 3:45pm On Jun 10
lastkingsman:

So someone on what's the monthly savings of someone on 500k salary in Nigeria living the same quality of life as someone spending 1,700£ in UK?

Factor in recent inflation into your calculations. And for this argument, savings is savings

Baba! you lie.

Savings is not savings.

Housing is not housing.

Expenses is not expenses.

Income is not income.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Iamblessed85: 3:45pm On Jun 10
MT:

Apart from the field trip, which parents pay for, Niigeria education is superior to theirs, as bad as it seems.

Let a Nigeria student enters their primary and secondary schools, they always outshine them. I am talking of serious students.

If you calculate the cost of uniform alone in the UK, you will run. Not to talk of cost of field trips which end up being more expensive than average Nigeria schools.

UK students have more confidence to speak outside because they do not beat them, and that also encourage them to be rude, spoilt and nasty. It is an environment parents that are working at all times can easily lose control over their kids. UK students learn diverse things like rugby, playing of guitars etc but the real academic work, they cant beat Nigerian students.

God bless you. I did all my years of schooling in Nigeria and i went to a state university. I’m yet to sit in an academic environment with a foreign trained that made me tuck my tail, even in terms of spoken and written english. If it’s in you, it’s in you

2 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by lastkingsman: 3:46pm On Jun 10
Procashtips:

Why convert to Naira when he won't be paying bills or spending it in naira?

Didn't you see where he tagged it "Savings"? Do you guys read at all abi na to jump into mention? Unless savings have a different meaning
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by bjdon: 3:46pm On Jun 10
It all depends on various factors as many have already said. Are you single, married no kids, married with kids? Where would you live in UK/Nigeria? 500k in Benin, Asaba, Kaduna, Kano....is quite different from 500k 8n Lagos, Abuja, PH. Same thing in UK 2k on London is not the same as 2k in Sheffield. Bottom line no straight forward answer.

2 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by lastkingsman: 3:46pm On Jun 10
StOla:

Baba! you lie.

Savings is not savings.

Housing is not housing.

Expenses is not expenses.

Income is not income.

You dey smoke Indian hemp
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by victorVIC1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 10
ORACULUM:
Kindly state your option with reasons to help a brother make a decision on what to choose from?
Lessons in the comment please.

I was earning more than this in Nigeria befor I left and I have never for once regretted. Also plan properly if you decide to relocate

6 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by DaddyCoool: 3:47pm On Jun 10
Boyjaco:
brod japa if that 2k no do u look for another work there for the sake of ur unborn children

Always this unborn child crap. As if those born there in generations past turn out better. Actually usually lost to your heritage and culture
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10
chyzoo4u:
There's no comparison between both, let no one confuse you. £2k in UK is far better like from Damaturu to Owerri to compare with N500k in 9ja.

What's N500k... that I strive to sustain with in a month with my little family with nothing left for savings.

No just waste time, grab the £2k offer like your life depends on it.

And 2k pounds with sustain you and your small family all living in UK?
Smh
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Mcslize: 3:49pm On Jun 10
Let me give my elderly advice. Let's analyze it based on the current reality of Nigeria.

As a man in this current economy, 500k can't sustain a family of 3, assuming you have a wife and a child.

Even if you are single, you can manage to go by 500k. Using myself as an example. I work from home. And I make an average of 450k-500k. Just last month here, I made 540k. But averagely, my earnings revolve around 450-550k. But I am not still satisfied even as a single guy.

I will advise you to move if the job of the 2000 pounds is already waiting for you. Below are the reasons why I will advise you to go for the UK job:

1. You will get more international exposures and recognition

2. You will be exposed to more opportunities, growth and personal developments

3. You will gain more international experiences

4. Career wise, you will add more values to yourself and CV

5. You will have more career growth

6. You will have more value for your money and standard of living

7. Your life expectancy will increase and you will live in less fear and worries

8. You will have the opportunity to become a permanent resident and possess dual citizenship in the future

So on and so forth.

Go for the UK 2000 pounds job if there is room for career growth in your job. With time, your earning will increase.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why She Abandoned A Recent Job Interview / God Gave Me A New Job In This Recession Period After Losing My Banking Job / The One Golden Rule Every CV Must Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.