Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,259 members, 7,936,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk (28720 Views)

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / ₦400k Monthly Job In Nigeria Or American Visa, Which Option Is Best? / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Relocate To New Zealand For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Villa12(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10
Judolisco:
na 4 everywhere... If u jam health challenge 4 UK 2 nko?
even your corrupt leaders go there for treatment
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by MT: 3:51pm On Jun 10
Iamblessed85:

God bless you. I did all my years of schooling in Nigeria and i went to a state university. I’m yet to sit in an academic environment with a foreign trained that made me tuck my tail, even in terms of spoken and written english. If it’s in you, it’s in you

Success is not a function of geographical location.

Anyone bringing small children to abroad is risking it all. The probabilies to lose them to the system is higher.

Most of their own kids over there turn delinquent. The few serious ones are the one running the affairs of their countries.

That is where Nigeria is lacking. The worst of Nigerians are ruling, that is why we are where we are.

Most of their children do not speak proper queen English. People get fooled by their accent, which is mostly rash accent. Imagine someone educated loving the way thugs who sleep under the bridge speak in Nigeria.

Language is never a demonstration of being intelligent, and some of their schools are known for notoriety but our people do not know. Once they have one or two whites in a class along with their kids, they start to gloat. Inferiority complex.

You do not know how i feel when their children clean my workplace and serve my coffee. grin grin cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Papilagreen: 3:51pm On Jun 10
Procashtips:

The average salary in the UK is £2500 so how easy is it for an immigrant to get a £3500+ salary?

See that's the problem we have as Nigerians.
We need to be well informed before you put your head dive into any situation.
Even in Nigeria we have what is called minimum wage. And we know what the minimum wage does in Nigeria when it comes to bills.
So also it is in the UK. As per minimum wage is about 2500 which comes to the final advice I will give you to land yourself a better paying job offer before you japa. Geta good skill a marketable one for that matter ND improve on it.
Only then will you be able to live above flot and bove the poverty line in the UK.
Know this know peace.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by thatigboman: 3:51pm On Jun 10
techcorb:

This is a dumb comparison, compare jobs with similar pay.
For example a caregiver can make at least £4k per month in the UK, in Nigeria max would be #100k.
which caregiver in Nigeria will earn 100k? Na Ikoyi or maitama the person will do the caregiving? No be housegirl? No be those kaduna girls? 20k max. U can even go to the village and get them for free
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by strangeee: 3:52pm On Jun 10
techcorb:

For example a caregiver can make at least £4k per month in the UK, in Nigeria max would be #100k.

Stop LIEing.... you have never been to the UK nether are you a Carer.

Ole(thief) where Carer dey make atleast £4k a month for UK?? Mscheeew.

E dey that easy na in you no come the UK come make 4k a month? Emphasis on *Atleast*

Oga you don't know what you are saying. Go make your research.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by eluquenson(m): 3:53pm On Jun 10
Nairalander248:

500k In Nigeria is far more better than 2k Pounds in UK... Except you are living on the street without paying rents and bills earning 2k pounds is okay grin cheesy.

You will earn 2k pounds and spend 1.7k pounds on bills.
Pure fallacy.
UK as people complain is better in terms of job prospect and quality of life.
In Nigeria, if you lose that your 500k job peren.....to get another job will be a herculean task.

UK is better even if you earn £1,500/pm

Nigeria under current administration is a NO NO

2 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by RichIgboBoy: 3:54pm On Jun 10
chyzoo4u:
There's no comparison between both, let no one confuse you. £2k in UK is far better like from Damaturu to Owerri to compare with N500k in 9ja.

What's N500k... that I strive to sustain with in a month with my little family with nothing left for savings.

No just waste time, grab the £2k offer like your life depends on it.
you know nothing, do you know how much is monthly rent in the uk?
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by rukyboy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 10
A family of 4 can live comfortably on 500k a month in Nigeria.

A Family of 4 can't survive on 2k pounds in the UK
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ceejayluv(m): 3:54pm On Jun 10
Procashtips:

You're assuming that 300 would be free from 2000 right?

Using assumption to plan life?

If it was that easy, all those who japaed would have built houses in Nigeria within 2-3yrs.

I laugh.
There are Nigerian diasporas doing quite well in business and professional endeavors and it's relatively easier for them to attain much more than what I postulated. Mind you, it's the current exchange rate that made 300 Pounds to look that attractive.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by 43Ronin: 3:55pm On Jun 10
techcorb:

Caregiver make 4k cheesy Wetin u smoke

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by tishbite43: 3:56pm On Jun 10
OboOlora:

Which caregiver will make £4k/month after tax in the UK.
Na so una de talk rubbish wey una nor know.

Do you know £4k/month after tax is roughly £70k/annum b4 tax?

Even if u pack all the extra shifts and almost kill urslef, max na 3k/month after tax

The more u work, the more Tax takes.
True talk
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Lomprico2: 3:56pm On Jun 10
ORACULUM:
Kindly state your option with reasons to help a brother make a decision on what to choose from?
Lessons in the comment please.

Take an 80k job in Togo undecided
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Villa12(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10
DaddyCoool:

Always this unborn child crap. As if those born there in generations past turn out better. Actually usually lost to your heritage and culture
animal in abroad has more prospect and future than Nigerian children

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ceejayluv(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10
raskymonojendor:
If this is earnings after tax and deductions, rent would gulp atleast half of 2000 pounds. Followed by another 400 in bills. You will still be left with maybe 600 to save.

If this is before tax, you would receive about 1600 after tax, then you can now remove your mandatory expenses.

As for 500k, it's somewhat similar spending power in Nigeria.
1000 pounds a month if the person has a family, if not, they can easily get something of 600 pounds max. And if married, The spouse would likely be working as well and pull through together....
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by phemray(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10
youngestgrad:
Who go dey earn 500k per month and still living with your parents

Abi o, no be juju be dat, even 200k after tax can not leave with parents
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by MT: 3:59pm On Jun 10
Villa12:

Ignoramus.

Some of you blame Nigeria after you have made a mess of your own life.

The same country you are is where some people are doing well for their lives. You should question what has happened to you.

Before you start screaming connections, I have lot of associates who are well placed without a single link.

A lizard in Nigeria will not turn crocodile abroad. A lizard will always be a lizard.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ceejayluv(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10
ajimo54:

Make I advise you. I live in Nigeria but family in the UK. Honestly, if na Federal Government Job, pls and pls stay in Nigeria. 2000 pounds in the UK? You will pay council tax, house rent, subscribe for internet, gas and power bill except feeding. Like 1500 fit take all these things. 500 pounds remaining. Eating African food cost. What about getting married? U will be stressed over that 200 pounds. Small apartment of 1-bedroom is about 600 pounds.

With 500k in Naija Lagos or Abuja or PH, U are a big boy if u never marry. U will even quick marry. U go buy Toyota Camry 2010 dey cruise am after 2 years. U go rent 1 bed-room tastefully furnished. You fit save build house in 5 years.
With the current Inflation of over 25 percent a month? That 500k will turn to 100k in two years max.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by SmartyPants(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10
ppogba:

If you are staying in an apartment that takes half of 500k in a month then, you are living far above your income for the 500k.

Well yeah, but I meant 250k as the limit of what is reasonable to spend in any context. A more appropriate figure might be half that.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by rukyboy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10
StOla:
N500k in Nigeria but not Lagos or Abuja or PH.

I will take it in Ekiti or Ebonyi or Kebbi.

Na for Ogbomoso you want to spend the savings, or is it not to spend in the same UK where your £300 monthly saving is all you have when the need for it arises, like being inbetween jobs and already knowing your monthly expenses would be circa £1700?

What terrible folly to acknowledge your expenditure within the foreign country economy, only to acknowledge your savings as if it is meant for Nigerian economy.

Or is it not the same Nigeria you already sold the properties your previously acquired, plus the one you even inherited.

Akotileta!

Lol

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ceejayluv(m): 4:02pm On Jun 10
anochilar:
500k per month in Nigeria, has more spending capacity, than 2000 pounds per month in UK.
500k can barely buy an average 3KW gen now..... Apart from food, which is rising daily beyond the affordability of the common man, most consumer goods, house furnishings, fabrics, etc. are imported.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ndidibabe(f): 4:03pm On Jun 10
500K NGN is less than 300 pound. If you know what you are doing, you will conveniently save that with a 2K pound monthly income.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by ceejayluv(m): 4:05pm On Jun 10
MT:

Do not look at it that way.

The stress of making money in the UK is more than that of Nigeria (unless you are doing professional jobs). This will negatively impact on health as time goes on.

The word - better - is relative, and it varies with individual's circumstances
There are Nigerians doing professional Jobs in the UK. There are Nigerian big time business folks in the UK. Everyone can't be doing menial jobs
Besides m, even if one is doing menial jobs but has a work and resident permit, they can enjoy free and subsidized healthcare there.
Unless you're talking of the illegal immigrants... Their matter is for another Day.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Mcslize: 4:06pm On Jun 10
Macdeey:
Nigeria will be great....... Is what we have been hearing since birth ......😂😂😂

Don't mind them. Make them dey give themselves hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by phemray(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10
chyzoo4u:
There's no comparison between both, let no one confuse you. £2k in UK is far better like from Damaturu to Owerri to compare with N500k in 9ja.

What's N500k... that I strive to sustain with in a month with my little family with nothing left for savings.

500k in naija is far better if one is creative. You and your family will be ok and have savings. You see, spending money depends on individual lifestyle. We like show off too much in Nigeria and complain that the economy is bad. Where as in UK u mind your business or how many people in UK will help his friends and family to pay Thier bills monthly the way we do in naija? it's our culture anyway but , 500k is not a joke. Naija no too bad like that.

3 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by MT: 4:08pm On Jun 10
ceejayluv:

There are Nigerians doing professional Jobs in the UK. There are Nigerian big time business folks in the UK. Everyone can't be doing menial jobs
Besides m, even if one is doing menial jobs but has a work and resident permit, they can enjoy free and subsidized healthcare there.
Unless you're talking of the illegal immigrants... Their matter is for another Day.

No one contests what you stated except the healthcare is not free. There is a deductible that goes towards funding NHS - your National Insurance, and now NHS is a mess. For some cases, you could be given one year before you could see the doctor.

I know of people who came to Nigeria to do their surgeries because they could not wait.

1 Like

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by youngestgrad(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10
rhythyson:

Ah ah dem plenty for African Magic grin grin grin grin
Lol
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by DaddyCoool: 4:08pm On Jun 10
Villa12:

Prospect my ass
There are all those born there 70's or so. You read them in the news for crime or so. Immigrants from Nigeria are always the achievers

2 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by gassbee: 4:09pm On Jun 10
chyzoo4u:

if u cant live a comfortable life with 500k, is it 2k in london u wil b able to cope with

8 Likes

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by monex(m): 4:12pm On Jun 10
Procashtips:

The error of conversion again

there is no error of conversion for savings

error of conversion applies to expenses.

your savings on 2k GBP per month is higher than your income in Nigeria according to the guy
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Iamblessed85: 4:12pm On Jun 10
MT:

Success is not a function of geographical location.

Anyone bringing small children to abroad is risking it all. The probabilies to lose them to the system is higher.

Most of their own kids over there turn delinquent. The few serious ones are the one running the affairs of their countries.

That is where Nigeria is lacking. The worst of Nigerians are ruling, that is why we are where we are.

Most of their children do not speak proper queen English. People get fooled by their accent, which is mostly rash accent. Imagine someone educated loving the way thugs who sleep under the bridge speak in Nigeria.

Language is never a demonstration of being intelligence, and some of their schools are known for notoriety but our people do not know. Once they have one or two whites in a class along with their kids, they start to gloat. Inferiority complex.

You do not know how i feel when their children clean my workplace and serve my coffee. grin grin cheesy cheesy

😀😀. I never knew inferiority complex is as rife in Nigeria untill this whole japa fever. An average Nigerian is basically an embodiment of inferiority complex save for few. The internet and social media is also populated by this set of people and their voices are the loudest. If you don’t have a discerning mind, you would make the fatal mistake of taking advice from someone on the internet who would never have the chance to stand a mile near you in real life due to differences in your trajectory and orientation (this isn’t even classism). A handiwork guy in real life with access to nairaland could say “japa or nothing, Nigeria to the dogs”. Unfortunately, a white collar guy with an awesome career trajectory may digest that same comment thinking it’s coming from an equal.

If i read threads as far back as 2010, i see thesame feelings of outrage and frustration towards the economy. There’s never been a time when things didn’t look bleak. It’s all relative and based on how we compartmentalize things mentally. I’m not pro staying or pro leaving, i just know i hate the term “immigrant”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by monex(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10
2k GBP per month in the UK beats 500k per month in any state in Nigeria.

anyone telling you otherwise is ignorant at best or disingenuous at worst.
Re: 500k Per Month In Nigeria Or 2000pounds Per Month In The Uk by Ucheamani(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10
rukyboy:
A family of 4 can live comfortably on 500k a month in Nigeria.

A Family of 4 can't survive on 2k pounds in the UK

Where in UK? Is it in England, Scotland, Wales or N.Ireland? In what City exactly?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

God Gave Me A New Job In This Recession Period After Losing My Banking Job / The One Golden Rule Every CV Must Follow / 9 Jobs You Can Do While Waiting For Your NYSC Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.