Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,547 members, 7,878,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 07:21 PM

Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima (25254 Views)

FG Puts Up Three Presidential Aircraft For Sale / NAF Puts Up Presidential Aircraft For Sale, Invites Bidders / APC Lawmakers Want Decisive Action Against 37 APC Defectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by gigabyte13: 10:51am On Jun 14
Funny thing
LP and PDP sef follow for this decision
And some people are hoping on such party for a better and greater Nigeria....
Comedians πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Una think say good governance na by party...?

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Achoghim: 10:52am On Jun 14
The current Boeing 747 airplane used by the US president is aged 37 years (as it first flew on May 16, 1987), while the Boeing 737NG used by the Nigerian president is only aged approx 19 years (as it was delivered on July 14, 2005). That's a substantial plus or minus 18 years difference and that Boeing 737 isn't the only aircraft the Nigerian president flies, yet it is only of recent that the US started working on replacing its presidential jet. Talk about prudent management of scarce resources
Putindbutt:
The best Presidential jets must always be on standby for the President's intinery. the embarrassment that happened in netherland a few weeks ago must never repeat itself. The most powerful President in africa must never again get stranded on foreign trips.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Moneyboyz: 10:52am On Jun 14
They just got the loan to buy that, that's the first step to spending the money lavishly, it's like we borrow to fund the lifestyles of these fat pigs.

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Haaland21: 10:54am On Jun 14
ApcBacteriafonj:
Nigerians never see any thing yet and if care is not taking, Tinubu will be the last Yoruba man that will rule Nigeria again grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dreaamer.....
Na only mouth you get.

If it were your gbadue king, you wont say this trash
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by AngelicBeing: 10:57am On Jun 14
NwaNimo1:
Makes sense....Also for Akpabio and Wike

tongue
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Heffalump(m): 10:58am On Jun 14
If you're a Nigerian and support the governance style of the present government, with all these wastefulness you're worst than Lucifer. Your days are also numbered. The holy book says the days of the wicked one shall whither away like a dead tree. Keep on supporting evil because of sentiments.

How on earth, will a sane person support this very choice of buying a new Aircraft to add to the current fleet in the midst of hardship and global economic meltdown? Are you not maad? Tinubu has nothing to offer.
A former president of Uruguay rode on turtle car (Volkswagen) throughout his reign and after, when he can afford lavish lifestyle. Woo to Nigerian leaders. Spits*

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Johncarlo07: 10:58am On Jun 14
Kukutente23:

Don't mind those bitter, hateful Obidients
They want a whole Jagaban of Africa to prostrate in a jalopy but not a spacecraft sorry aircraft
Did they not see that Biden prostrated on a plane?
Please don't remind me of that incident in Netherlands
As a patriot, my heart stopped beating when I heard that my president was delayed by a faulty plane.
I couldn't take my mind off the billions of dollars of investment we missed because of that slight delay.
Not to mention the shame of flagging airplanes like molue buses in a bid to get our president airborne again.
I wet my pillow with tears that night.
This govt was supposed to favour me and my family!!
So how could such an unfortunate event occur in same govt? I couldn't eat for 3 days.
Thank God the HoR have taught it fit to pass this recommendation to the President.
I demand that all true patriots put pressure on the NASS and the presidency to ensure a speedy passage and implementation of this resolution as the benefits for the common man and the country at large are uncountable.
God bless Nigeria!!

Ur sarcasm is out of dis world.

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Augustine2244(m): 10:59am On Jun 14
We are really in hot soup in this country.
Truly the greatest hindrance to Nigeria being on par with SA in being the most industrialized country,is BAD LEADERSHIP.Every other issue is insignificant.
So the useless lawmakers want new aircrafts for BAT and Shettima, which invariably would cost hundreds of millions in naira;but they are finding it very difficult to acquiesce to the remuneration demands of the NLC .
It shall never be well with all those who voted in this calamitous government,all including the elections riggers and cohorts.

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by cescky(m): 11:02am On Jun 14
ApcBacteriafonj:
Nigerians never see any thing yet and if care is not taking, Tinubu will be the last Yoruba man that will rule Nigeria again grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you overestimate nigerians

very very foolish bunch

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by zudozz: 11:02am On Jun 14
ApcBacteriafonj:

I am not sure you know how much they used to build house for the Vice President?

And they want to pay workers 60k wage! grin
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by jattopeter(m): 11:02am On Jun 14
Nigerians have not done enough for themselves to deserve good governance, Am sorry to say , they are insulting our collective effort . Imagine , a nation that has over how many millions of her citizens with out a job, alot slept with out food. Until the citizens comes together and say enough is enough , this is what we will be facing.
kaltonga:

This is no longer funny oo this POLITICANS are asking us what can we do or we are notting in short.
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Mrexcell(m): 11:03am On Jun 14
The evil politicians are scared of their lives and are now taking precautions but don't even know that the God that gave them breath can decide to take it back at any moment even after they have spent billions of dollars to secured their lives.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Cholison(m): 11:03am On Jun 14
It is in their BEST interest for us all to DIE so they can live forever!!!
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by nesphil(m): 11:04am On Jun 14
Malawi VP Plane crash too grin

Remman:
Na Iran plane crash dey cause this one?
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by olaniyilukman(m): 11:06am On Jun 14
Putindbutt:
The best Presidential jets must always be on standby for the President's intinery. the embarrassment that happened in netherland a few weeks ago must never repeat itself. The most powerful President in africa must never again get stranded on foreign trips.
are you mad, you gives us the most powerful president
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Blazetrailer: 11:07am On Jun 14
This must be a sarcasm
Comparing the American President with the Nigerian. Do they have the same GDP? Do they manage the same level of complexities?

These lots are quick to bring the level of other advanced countries to support their delusional arguments when it favours them, e.g. the Minister of Power comparing Nigerias power tarrifa to other global economies using a warped exchange rates but very dense in using the same standard when it comes to improving the living standards of their citizens, eg. Minimum wage.

They would not compare the American minimum wage to Nigerian's but are quick to compare Tinubu to Biden. Who is Tinubu in that context?

Kukutente23:

Look at this hater
What is wrong with buying new planes?
Biden just bought a new plane two years ago.
Is Biden better than the Jagaban?
Every true patriot should be ashamed that while Biden is falling from planes, our president is falling from jalopy
Akpabio deserves a plane too. He's the best Senate president ever for the speed of passing the new old anthem.
And the speaker? Name any sane country in the world that their speaker does not have his own plane.
I suspect you're just a bitter obidient who doesn’t want this country to progress

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Chetas81(m): 11:08am On Jun 14
POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE, ZOMBIES ARE NOT PEOPLE,AS YOU CAN SEE HOW YOU THE NIGERIAN CITIZENS BEHAVE, LIKE ALIEN πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΎπŸ‘½
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by youngrichnigga: 11:11am On Jun 14
Nigerians don finally buy market......In Tinubu's voice, "enjoy your weekend" grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by ManOfSon: 11:19am On Jun 14
Stop putting your hope or faith on any Nigerian politician. They're unfit for purpose. And by the way, God punish Muhammadu Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Brendaniel: 11:22am On Jun 14
Omoboricash:

Are these people really feel what common man is going thru in the country.
They are inviting riots and anachy. How on earth they will have such plan?

Riot and anarchy by who?

After you supported the same government into power, you want to fight them, well just keep your riot and and anarchy to your people, the Igbos will never join, we warned you guys back to back, we will be patient....

No right thinking would have seen all the red flags on Tinubu and still supportd him...
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by rajiedreez: 11:23am On Jun 14
Shey boboyi dema Jere bayi?

Are you sure you're gonna Jere
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by koyeni(m): 11:24am On Jun 14
Not bad.
Nigerian politics don't rate the citizens at all when they know they can buy votes for #2500 in the next four years.
Imagine a country where there's a back and forth on minimum wage. The next thing na aircraft...
We'd all learn

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by Topsido(m): 11:26am On Jun 14
Obidient cry is in vain. The president must be protected. Shettima no get joy o. Your prayers should be for Tinubu to complete his 8 years in good health.
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by EmekaBlue(m): 11:28am On Jun 14
Make dem sell the old one to me. I wan open airline company
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by tishbite43: 11:28am On Jun 14
Kukutente23:

Don't mind those bitter, hateful Obidients
They want a whole Jagaban of Africa to prostrate in a jalopy but not a spacecraft sorry aircraft
Did they not see that Biden prostrated on a plane?
Please don't remind me of that incident in Netherlands
As a patriot, my heart stopped beating when I heard that my president was delayed by a faulty plane.
I couldn't take my mind off the billions of dollars of investment we missed because of that slight delay.
Not to mention the shame of flagging airplanes like molue buses in a bid to get our president airborne again.
I wet my pillow with tears that night.
This govt was supposed to favour me and my family!!
So how could such an unfortunate event occur in same govt? I couldn't eat for 3 days.
Thank God the HoR have taught it fit to pass this recommendation to the President.
I demand that all true patriots put pressure on the NASS and the presidency to ensure a speedy passage and implementation of this resolution as the benefits for the common man and the country at large are uncountable.
God bless Nigeria!!
We should check your signature for free stuffs!
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by ufotunang: 11:28am On Jun 14
And this are the people that are telling nigerians to be patient and endure the hardship and hunger...and they want to buy ,2 brand new aircrafts .... nawaoooo πŸ™„
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by izibili44: 11:29am On Jun 14
grin grin grin grin grin. Man mi. With all the problem and suffering Nigerian are going through. Omo i no dey visit again.
Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by tishbite43: 11:29am On Jun 14
Blazetrailer:
This must be an idiot
Comparing the American President with the Nigerian. Do they have the same GDP? Do they have the same level of complexities to manage.

These idiots are quick to bring the level of other advanced countries to support their delusional arguments when it favours them, e.g. the Minister of Power comparing Nigerias power tarrifa to other global economies using a warped exchange rates but very dense in using the same standard when it comes to improving the living standards of their citizens, eg. Minimum wage.

Tbis idiot woukd not compare the American minimum wage to Nigeria but is quick to compare Tinubu to Biden. Who is Tinubu in that context?

Lol bro
The guy you quoted was just being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by YouAreNobody: 11:31am On Jun 14
Putindbutt:
This one keeps accruing accolades to himself 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Who dash you "most powerful president in Africa".

This is same way you guys call yourselves "giant of Africa".
Clowns

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by coleon(m): 11:33am On Jun 14
ApcBacteriafonj:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/703593-exclusive-nigerian-lawmakers-want-urgent-purchase-of-new-aircraft-for-tinubu-shettima.html
If with all these nonsense that is going on, you are still supporting this government because of your tribal or religious affiliation.
You need to look at yourself in the mirror and say " I am a fool and my foolishness should get me hunged to death".
May olodumare and Ogun curse you to die a miserable death.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by YouAreNobody: 11:33am On Jun 14
Intergrated:
you are compering America to Nigeria. Omo I hail u oo
He was being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Want Urgent Purchase Of New Aircraft For Tinubu, Shettima by lekonso: 11:33am On Jun 14
Kukutente23:

Another bitter obidient
Which hardship are you complaining about?
This hardship is necessary for a better, prosperous tomorrow.
Absolute majority of Nigerians have chosen to suffer today to enjoy later.
Jagaban's reforms will take shape by February, 2027.
We can't afford for him to wait till then to buy a Renewed Presidential Jet to fly his Renewed Hope agenda closer to the masses.
Stop being bitter.
Even if the planes crash, nothing will happen.
Ask the Jagaban.
He prostrated in a jalopy and nothing happened
Without equal sacrifices coming from the leaders too, Nigeria is going nowhere. They are the ones that spend a big chunk of the nation's income.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigeria In 1967 / 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos / EFCC Summons Ike Ekweremadu After Surrounding His House In Abuja. Photos

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.