Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,491 members, 7,914,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 09:46 PM

The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril (3666 Views)

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Apostle Suleman, Hails Oyedepo Over Jibril From Sudan / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 10:06am On Jun 18
Islam is a compendium of contradictions and confusion. Most Muslims do not seem to be aware that their Religion is not according to either Allah or Mohammed but according to the consensus of their Scholars.

The Jews came to ask Mohammed a simple question about the Spirit (as every prophet of old relates with God as a Spirit). If indeed Mohammed is a prophet like Moses, Isaiah or Jeremiah, he must know about the Spirit of God . Thus, they asked prophet Mohammad about a question he should know the answer as a prophet.
"What about the spirit?"

Enter the Islamic Confusion: What is a Spirit?
1. Mohammed doesn't know and Allah too seems not to know
Qur'an 17:85
They are asking thee concerning the Spirit. Say: The Spirit is by command of my Lord, and of knowledge ye have been given but little.

The direct question of the Jews wasn't answered by Allah.

2. However, Muslim scholars seem to know what the Spirit is:
They say that the spirit is an Angel called Jibril!

Except Muslims can prove that there are several kinds or types of Rūh, they have made Jibril (a creature) an attribute of Allah by which he creates life.
Muslims will claim in error that Jibril is the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, there is not one verse of the Qur'an that states that Jibril is the Holy Spirit.
Instead, what we see is that Jibril is an Angel and thus cannot be a spirit.

Allah seals this madness of error with
Qur'an 78:38
On the Day when the Spirit and the angels stand in rows, they will not speak except for those to whom the Lord of Mercy gives permission, who will say only what is right.

Note:
The spirit is singular and if Jibril is an Angel, he CANNOT be a spirit.
Some Muslim scholars try to solve this problem by redefining the Rūh (Spirit) as Nafs (Soul) as if the words of Allah is not precise enough!

Questions:
1. If Jibril is the Holy Spirit indeed, was he the one who gave life to Adam in Qur'an 32:9. Was Jibril the the thing Allah blew into Adam in Qur'an 15:29
2. What's meant by the term "spirit of Allah" and subsequently, what does it mean that Jesus is the Spirit from Allah?
3. Is the spirit of Allah an attribute of Allah? If the spirit is an attribute of Allah, how comes it is a personality like Allah?

All my Friends on Nairaland:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, aekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, atsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana , compton11, Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo Satmaniac saintHot, drlateef, Donkmore Akinbahm , IMEI , FATHAT , talk2hb1 , iamrealdeji , Encyclopedia1 , SWATMan rolams aheeqilmaktoom , Bintdawood , Flanker , Raheeqilmaktoom , rolams ,honesttalk21 , Negroid001 , Nvestor02 , Coolsat, iamrealdeji madridguy Almunjid MohammadSAW , STRI1 Explore2xmore satmaniac Ohyoudidnt , 4islam ThatFairGuy1 BroOptimist. Bakrabas. Musa95 Ibrahimlagosian Explore2xmore DuaWorrior
hakeemhakeem ItsReal correctguy101 Qasim6 youngdroly Bliss52 Qasim6 truthday Almunjid hayzedibd ahmedio2017 Ahmadusmanu Harnny

cc: MightySparrow SIRTee15 ANTIlSLAM innotutorial FxMasterz advocatejare
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 10:06am On Jun 18
What do we see in the Qur'an:
1. Rūh can take several forms as a person and thus (78:38) the Spirit can appear also appear in human form, such as in the case of the rūh that interacts with Mary (19:17).

2. The Quran even describes Jesus as rūh in one instance (4:171)

3.  Additionally, Rūh is referred to as Rūh al-Qudus (the Holy Spirit), al-Rūh al-Amin (the Trustworthy Spirit), or simply al-Rūh, and My/His (God's) Rūh.

4. The Spirit is the source of human life and the Breathe of Allah himself as stated in Qur'an 32:9

5. "My/His (God's) Spirit" in 15:29, 32:9 and 38:72 figuratively as God's power

Note:
Qur'an 15:29
When I form him perfect, and blow in him of My spirit, then you must fall down before him in prostration.”

Qur'an 32:9
Then He gave him a proportioned shape, and breathed into him of His spirit. And He granted you the (power of) hearing and the eyes and the hearts. Little you give thanks.

Qur'an 38:72
So, once I make him perfectly and breath My spirit into him, you must fall down in prostration before him.”
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 4:21pm On Jun 18
Its of course no surprise that the Religion of lies cannot have an answer to simple questions as Allah forbids them from asking Questions that may lead them to question the personality of Allah, his Messenger and the message of deception which leads straight to hell
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 8:04pm On Jun 18
Questions:
1. If Jibril is the Holy Spirit indeed, was he the one who gave life to Adam in Qur'an 32:9. Was Jibril the the thing Allah blew into Adam in Qur'an 15:29

2. What's meant by the term "spirit of Allah" and subsequently, what does it mean that Jesus is the Spirit from Allah?

3. Is the spirit of Allah an attribute of Allah? If the spirit is an attribute of Allah, how comes it is a personality like Allah?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 8:48pm On Jun 18
TenQ:
Questions:

It seems these your friends have run away.
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Antiislaam(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18
Bible says God is spirit, abeg shey allah is also spirit?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 10:13pm On Jun 18
FxMasterz:

It seems these your friends have run away.
They decided that the damage I am doing to Islam is too much thus they communicated themselves not to respond.

But at least, its either they are reading this or their consciences are pricking them.

I shall not be guilty of their blood!

Islam is so full of LIES, no wonder Allah aka Mohammed asks them not to ask questions!

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 10:17pm On Jun 18
Antiislaam:
Bible says God is spirit, abeg shey allah is also spirit?
In the confusion of Muslims, they say
1. Allah is NOT a spirit (this is their biggest mistake)
2. However Allah has a spirit (who is either Jibril or his attribute)
3. Angel Jibril is Ruh Al-Qudus (the Holy Spirit) (another serious mistake)

There mixup is so great that simple questions about the SPIRIT, they are confused
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 11:31pm On Jun 18
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 5:50am On Jun 19
TenQ:

They decided that the damage I am doing to Islam is too much thus they communicated themselves not to respond.

But at least, its either they are reading this or their consciences are pricking them.

I shall not be guilty of their blood!

Islam is so full of LIES, no wonder Allah aka Mohammed asks them not to ask questions!

We must pray for them bro. It's more than them just reading. Their inner eyes must be opened.
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 6:19am On Jun 19
FxMasterz:

We must pray for them bro. It more than then just reading. Their inner eyes must be opened.
True!

They are doing everything within their power legal and illegal to push the narrative that Islam is TRUE: unfortunately they are doing a bad job with it.

It is amazing how a religion can be based on lies upon lies, cascades of lies starting from Mohammed himself and propagated down the line. The only conclusion is that satan must be directly behind it.
Is satan not the father of lies?

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AbuTwins: 8:56am On Jun 19
TenQ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqESGCBsO2w?si=_WDXATIjXs2twAyz

I watched your doctored video and the original video below, even if Jesus could watch it he would have cursed you all for the deceit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTpkV8SCQA&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2F&source_ve_path=MTY0OTksMA&feature=emb_rel_end
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 9:26am On Jun 19
AbuTwins:

I watched your doctored video and the original video below, even if Jesus could watch it he would have cursed you all for the deceit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTpkV8SCQA&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2F&source_ve_path=MTY0OTksMA&feature=emb_rel_end
Tell me,
Did Shabir Alli say what he said or the doctored version was that the WHOLE interview wasn't posted?

Did he say there are minor variations in the Qur'an or not (especially with the Sanaa manuscript)?

By the way, why are you dodging the questions I gave you. The Truth is never afraid of Questions you know!

Questions:

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 2:59pm On Jun 19
The question is still pending. I am not surprised that the adherents of the religion of lies cannot have any meaningful words to say as Allah asked them not to ask questions

Questions:

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 7:05pm On Jun 19
The Jews came to ask Mohammed a simple question about the Spirit (as every prophet of old relates with God as a Spirit). If indeed Mohammed is a prophet like Moses, Isaiah or Jeremiah, he must know about the Spirit of God . Thus, they asked prophet Mohammad about a question he should know the answer as a prophet.
"What about the spirit?"

They are asking thee concerning the Spirit. Say: The Spirit is by command of my Lord, and of knowledge ye have been given but little.

The direct question of the Jews wasn't answered by Allah. Allah aka Mohammed does not know the answer to this simple question.

Ironically, Muslim scholars know the Holy Spirit: (the Question that Allah couldn't answer) he is Angel called by the name "Jibril"

This is truly an irony
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 1:10am On Jun 20
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 3:17am On Jun 20
On the Day when the Spirit and the angels stand in rows, they will not speak except for those to whom the Lord of Mercy gives permission, who will say only what is right.

It is impossible that an angel be the spirit!
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AntiChristian: 12:59pm On Jun 20
TenQ:
Qur'an 83:38

It is impossible that an angel be the spirit!

It is not your fault!
Na the school wey you attend sha!

In literature you can use such words as "Spirit and the angels" where the former is a subset of the latter!
This is for Emphasis!

Go and read about Hendiadys!

And the verse is 78:38 not 83:38!

May the same Allah which you abuse continue to debase you!
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AbuTwins: 1:15pm On Jun 20
TenQ:

Tell me,
Did Shabir Alli say what he said or the doctored version was that the WHOLE interview wasn't posted?

Did he say there are minor variations in the Qur'an or not (especially with the Sanaa manuscript)?

Why no post verbatim what he said instead of the doctoring? You guy sabi tell lies! And you'll end up accusing us of what you are doing!

By the way, why are you dodging the questions I gave you. The Truth is never afraid of Questions you know!
You are not my teacher and I'm not obliged to answer you, am i?

Questions:

Even if i answer the argument will be continuous even with clear cut evidences!
And i no get such time to waste!

The concept of spirit is not needed to enter Jannah in Islam!
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 3:46pm On Jun 20
AntiChristian:

It is not your fault!

In literature you can use such words as "Spirit and the angels" where the former is a subset of the latter!
This is for Emphasis!

1. Are angels spirits?
2. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 83:38 and how do you know?

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 3:53pm On Jun 20
AbuTwins:

Why no post verbatim what he said instead of the doctoring? You guy sabi tell lies! And you'll end up accusing us of what you are doing!

You are not my teacher and I'm not obliged to answer you, am i?

Even if i answer the argument will be continuous even with clear cut evidences!
And i no get such time to waste!

The concept of spirit is not needed to enter Jannah in Islam!

The probelem is that you rarely have answers to simple questions.
Now, in Islam
Jesus is Ruhullah AND Jibril is Ruh Al-Qudus

1. Is a spirit a created living being or an attribute of Allah?
2. Are angels spirits?
3. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 83:38 and how do you know?

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AntiChristian: 4:16pm On Jun 20
In Islam, "Ruh" can mean a created "Soul or Spirit" and it can also mean the "Angel of Revelation" aka Jubril (Gabriel) that brings down revelation to Prophets.

And indeed, We gave Musa (Moses) the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And We gave 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)]. Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some, you disbelieved and some, you killed. Qur'an 2:87

Which the trustworthy Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] has brought down. Qur'an 26:193

She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ): "Whoever is an enemy to Jibrael (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Quran) down to your heart by Allah's Permission, confirming what came before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and guidance and glad tidings for the believers. Qur'an 2: 97

Al-Bukhari recorded `A'ishah saying that the Messenger of Allah erected a Minbar in the Masjid on which Hassan bin Thabit (the renowned poet) used to defend the Messenger of Allah (with his poems). The Messenger of Allah said, "O Allah! Aid Hassan with Ruh Al-Qudus, for he defended Your Prophet."(fn. Fath Al-Bari 10:562).

Abu Dawud recorded this Hadith in his Sunan (fn. Abu Dawud 5:279) as did At-Tirmidhi who graded it Hasan Sahih (fn. Tuhfat Al-Ahwadhi 8:137). Further, Ibn Hibban recorded in his Sahih that Ibn Mas`ud said that the Prophet said, "Ruh Al-Qudus informed me that no soul shall die until it finishes its set provisions and term limit. Therefore, have Taqwa of Allah and seek your sustenance in the most suitable way."(fn. See As-Sunnah 14:304).(Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Abridged, Darussalam Publishers & Distributors, 2000, vol. 1, pp. 288-289)

TenQ:

Questions:

Holy Spirit comes from above and descends with messages! He doesn't even fit into the context!

Allah says in Qur'an 15:29:
"So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him." "Ruh" here means Soul and it is created for Adam.

The Ruh (Soul) of Adam was created for him
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “I will be the leader of the people on the Day of Resurrection. Do you know why that is? Allah will gather together the first and the last in one plain, so that the onlooker will be able to see them and the caller will be able to make them hear. The sun will be brought close to them, And some of the people will say: ‘Do you not see the state you are in? Do you not see what has happened to you. Why do you not look for someone who will intercede for you with your Lord?’ Some of the people will say, ‘[Go to] your father Adam.’ So they will go to him and say, ‘O Adam, you are the father of mankind, Allah created you with His own hand and breathed into you the soul that He had created for you, and commanded the angels to prostrate to you, and He caused you to dwell in Paradise. Intercede for us with your Lord. Do you not see the state we are in? Do you not see what has happened to us?’ [Adam] will say: ‘My Lord is angry today in a way in which He has never been angry before and will never be angry again. He forbade me to approach the tree, but I disobeyed Him. Myself, myself. Go to someone else, go to Nooh…’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3340) and Muslim (194).

It simply means "Spirit created by Allah"! There are many Phrases like that in Islam like "House of Allah", "Friend of Allah", "She-Camel of Allah", "Slaves of Allah", "Messenger of Allah", etc. All of those words above mentioned with Allah are created and not His attributes!

Where is it proven that the spirit is created?
Allah says in Qur'an 3: 47 what means
She (Mary) said: ‘O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?’ He said: ‘So (it will be) for Allaah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: “Be!” — and it is.

No as stated above. There are many Phrases like that in Islam like "House of Allah", "Friend of Allah", "She-Camel of Allah", "Slaves of Allah", "Messenger of Allah", etc. All of those things mentioned with Allah were created and not Allah's attributes! They are honored with the attachment!

All my Friends on Nairaland:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, aekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, atsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana , compton11, Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo Satmaniac saintHot, drlateef, Donkmore Akinbahm , IMEI , FATHAT , talk2hb1 , iamrealdeji , Encyclopedia1 , SWATMan rolams aheeqilmaktoom , Bintdawood , Flanker , Raheeqilmaktoom , rolams ,honesttalk21 , Negroid001 , Nvestor02 , Coolsat, iamrealdeji madridguy Almunjid MohammadSAW , STRI1 Explore2xmore satmaniac Ohyoudidnt , 4islam ThatFairGuy1 BroOptimist. Bakrabas. Musa95 Ibrahimlagosian Explore2xmore DuaWorrior
hakeemhakeem ItsReal correctguy101 Qasim6 youngdroly Bliss52 Qasim6 truthday Almunjid hayzedibd ahmedio2017 Ahmadusmanu Harnny

cc: MightySparrow SIRTee15 ANTIlSLAM innotutorial FxMasterz advocatejare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AbuTwins: 4:25pm On Jun 20
TenQ:

The probelem is that you rarely have answers to simple questions.
Now, in Islam
Jesus is Ruhullah AND Jibril is Ruh Al-Qudus

1. Is a spirit a created living being or an attribute of Allah?
A Spirit is a created being! Allah created all things!
2. Are angels spirits?
Angels are created from light! Jinns are created from fire. Humans dust!

Ruh (Spirit) is used for Jubril, human created Soul/Spirit, etc. depending on the prevailing context!

3. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 83:38 and how do you know?

The verse you quoted is not even correct! Ignoramus!
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AntiChristian: 4:29pm On Jun 20
TenQ:

1. Are angels spirits?
2. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 83:38 and how do you know?

The last time i corrected you the reference you quoted for the above verse does not exist! Yet you still parroted the same verse again!
Just argue blindly with lies!

AntiChristian:

It is not your fault!

This is for Emphasis!

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 4:53pm On Jun 20
AntiChristian:

The last time i corrected you the reference you quoted for the above verse does not exist! Yet you still parroted the same verse again!
Just argue blindly with lies!

Thanks for the correction, Quran 78:38

Quran 78:38
The Day that the Spirit and the angels will stand in rows, they will not speak except for one whom the Most Merciful permits, and he will say what is correct.

1. Are angels spirits?
2. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 78:38 and how do you know?
because Jesus is a spirit in Islam as well as Jibril
3. Is a spirit a living being or an attribute of Allah?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AntiChristian: 5:06pm On Jun 20
TenQ:

Thanks for the correction, Quran 78:38

Quran 78:38
The Day that the Spirit and the angels will stand in rows, they will not speak except for one whom the Most Merciful permits, and he will say what is correct.

1. Are angels spirits?
The term spirit is English and can mean many things out of context!
Angels are created beings like Jinns and Man.

2. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 78:38 and how do you know?
Ruh in Qur'an 78:38 is the head of the Angels, Jubril. You can see that they all stand in rows apart away from Allah!

because Jesus is a spirit in Islam as well as Jibril
All of them created!
3. Is a spirit a living being or an attribute of Allah?
A spirit is created by Allah!
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 7:13pm On Jun 20
AntiChristian:
In Islam, "Ruh" can mean a created "Soul or Spirit" and it can also mean the "Angel of Revelation" aka Jubril (Gabriel) that brings down revelation to Prophets.

And indeed, We gave Musa (Moses) the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And We gave 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)]. Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some, you disbelieved and some, you killed. Qur'an 2:87

Which the trustworthy Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] has brought down. Qur'an 26:193

She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ): "Whoever is an enemy to Jibrael (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Quran) down to your heart by Allah's Permission, confirming what came before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and guidance and glad tidings for the believers. Qur'an 2: 97

Holy Spirit comes from above and descends with messages! He doesn't even fit into the context!

[b]Allah says in Qur'an 15:29:

"So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him." "Ruh" here means Soul and it is created for Adam.

The Ruh (Soul) of Adam was created for him
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “I will be the leader of the people on the Day of Resurrection. Do you know why that is? Allah will gather together the first and the last in one plain, so that the onlooker will be able to see them and the caller will be able to make them hear. The sun will be brought close to them, And some of the people will say: ‘Do you not see the state you are in? Do you not see what has happened to you. Why do you not look for someone who will intercede for you with your Lord?’ Some of the people will say, ‘[Go to] your father Adam.’ So they will go to him and say, ‘O Adam, you are the father of mankind, Allah created you with His own hand and breathed into you the soul that He had created for you, and commanded the angels to prostrate to you, and He caused you to dwell in Paradise. Intercede for us with your Lord. Do you not see the state we are in? Do you not see what has happened to us?’ [Adam] will say: ‘My Lord is angry today in a way in which He has never been angry before and will never be angry again. He forbade me to approach the tree, but I disobeyed Him. Myself, myself. Go to someone else, go to Nooh…’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3340) and Muslim (194).

It simply means "Spirit created by Allah"! There are many Phrases like that in Islam like "House of Allah", "Friend of Allah", "She-Camel of Allah", "Slaves of Allah", "Messenger of Allah", etc. All of those words above mentioned with Allah are created and not His attributes!

Where is it proven that the spirit is created?
Allah says in Qur'an 3: 47 what means
She (Mary) said: ‘O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?’ He said: ‘So (it will be) for Allaah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: “Be!” — and it is.

No as stated above. There are many Phrases like that in Islam like "House of Allah", "Friend of Allah", "She-Camel of Allah", "Slaves of Allah", "Messenger of Allah", etc. All of those things mentioned with Allah were created and not Allah's attributes! They are honored with the attachment!

Firstly
Even though you know clearly that
RUH = SPIRIT
and
NAFS = SOUL

You decided to perform a mistranslation by redefining RUH as NAFS which is deceptive. I will prove this by referring to three scriptures

Quran 38:72 (Exact Translation)
So when I have proportioned him and breathe into him of my spirit, then fall down to him prostrating.

Quran 15:29 (Exact Translation)
So when I have fashioned him and I breathed into him of my spirit, then fall down to him prostrating.

Quran 32:9 (Exact Translation)
Then he fashioned him and breathed into him from his spirit and made for you the hearing and the sight and feelings [little] what thanks you give

The argument of creation of the soul/spirit fall down flat: why?
Who is the One Breathing the Spirit? It is Allah's?
Whose Breath? It is Allah's

Is Allah's breathe a creation of Allah or an Attribute of Allah?

Its just like saying Allah created his Power!
Does this make sense?
Its just like saying that Allah created his Words!
Does this make sense?

So, also,
Allah's Breath is an attribute of Allah: therefore, uncreated!
Instead of AIR, Allah breath his spirit into Adam.

Secondly,
AntiChristian's example of :
"House of Allah", "Friend of Allah", "She-Camel of Allah", "Slaves of Allah", "Messenger of Allah"

NOTE: Everything here is SINGULAR exactly just as SPIRIT is singular.

How many Spirits does Allah have?

Incase AntiChristian does not understand the implication of the problem he has created for Allah,
Jibril is a SPIRIT
Isa is a SPIRIT
Allah Breathes his SPIRIT

This negates everything about Allah creating a SPIRIT;

Let me burst once and for all the SPIRIT=SOUL theory of AntiChristian with these verses. Tell me if they are correct

Quran 38:72 (Exact Translation)
So when I have proportioned him and breathe into him of my SOUL, then fall down to him prostrating.

Quran 15:29 (Exact Translation)
So when I have fashioned him and I breathed into him of my SOUL, then fall down to him prostrating.

Quran 32:9 (Exact Translation)
Then he fashioned him and breathed into him from his SOUL and made for you the hearing and the sight and feelings [little] what thanks you give

AntiChristian,
Are these scriptures above correct?
Can you interpret them?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 7:24pm On Jun 20
AbuTwins:
A Spirit is a created being! Allah created all things!
Angels are created from light! Jinns are created from fire. Humans dust!
Is the breath of Allah created or it is an Attribute of Allah?

AbuTwins:

Ruh (Spirit) is used for Jubril, human created Soul/Spirit, etc. depending on the prevailing context!
We are talking about the RUH and not NAFS sir.
And the question was:
Are angels spirits?
You did not answer the question!

AbuTwins:

The verse you quoted is not even correct! Ignoramus!
3. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 78:38 and how do you know?

IS the spirit Jibril, Jesus or the Breathe of Allah?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 7:30pm On Jun 20
AntiChristian:
The term spirit is English and can mean many things out of context!
Angels are created beings like Jinns and Man.
The question is: Are angels RUH?

AntiChristian:

Ruh in Qur'an 78:38 is the head of the Angels, Jubril. You can see that they all stand in rows apart away from Allah!
What evidence do you have that the RUH is not Jesus?
What evidence do you have that the RUH is Jibril?
What evidence do you have that the RUH is not the breathe of Allah?

AntiChristian:

All of them created!
A spirit is created by Allah!
Is the Breathe of Allah created by Allah or it is an attribute of Allah?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 11:28pm On Jun 20
Islam is a compendium of contradictions and confusion. Most Muslims do not seem to be aware that their Religion is not according to either Allah or Mohammed but according to the consensus of their Scholars.

"What about the spirit?"

The direct question of the Jews wasn't answered by Allah.

2. However, Muslim scholars seem to know what the Spirit is:
They say that the spirit is an Angel called Jibril!

Except Muslims can prove that there are several kinds or types of Rūh, they have made Jibril (a creature) an attribute of Allah by which he creates life.
Muslims will claim in error that Jibril is the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, there is not one verse of the Qur'an that states that Jibril is the Holy Spirit.
Instead, what we see is that Jibril is an Angel and thus cannot be a spirit.

Note:
The spirit is singular and if Jibril is an Angel, he CANNOT be a spirit.
Some Muslim scholars try to solve this problem by redefining the Rūh (Spirit) as Nafs (Soul) as if the words of Allah is not precise enough!

Questions:
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 11:30pm On Jun 20
What do we see in the Qur'an:
1. Rūh can take several forms as a person and thus (78:38) the Spirit can appear also appear in human form, such as in the case of the rūh that interacts with Mary (19:17).

2. The Quran even describes Jesus as rūh in one instance (4:171)

3.  Additionally, Rūh is referred to as Rūh al-Qudus (the Holy Spirit), al-Rūh al-Amin (the Trustworthy Spirit), or simply al-Rūh, and My/His (God's) Rūh.

4. The Spirit is the source of human life and the Breathe of Allah himself as stated in Qur'an 32:9

5. "My/His (God's) Spirit" in 15:29, 32:9 and 38:72 figuratively as God's power

Note:
Qur'an 15:29
When I form him perfect, and blow in him of My spirit, then you must fall down before him in prostration.”

Qur'an 32:9
Then He gave him a proportioned shape, and breathed into him of His spirit. And He granted you the (power of) hearing and the eyes and the hearts. Little you give thanks.

Qur'an 38:72
So, once I make him perfectly and breath My spirit into him, you must fall down in prostration before him.”
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AbuTwins: 8:43am On Jun 21
TenQ:

Is the breath of Allah created or it is an Attribute of Allah?
Where did you get that from?

We are talking about the RUH and not NAFS sir.
And the question was:
Are angels spirits?

Ruh can also mean Nafs
Then He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him the soul (created by Allah for that person), and He gave you hearing (ears), sight (eyes) and hearts. Little is the thanks you give! (Qur'an 32:9)

Allaah also says concerning Adam (interpretation of the meaning):
“So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him”[Qur'an 15:29]

Angels and Jinns are spiritual beings since humans can't see them in normal circumstances!

3. Tell me, which spirit is referred to in Qur'an 78:38 and how do you know?

IS the spirit Jibril, Jesus or the Breathe of Allah?

It has been explained to you up there and you'll keep asking maybe till you die!
The Ruh is the head of the Angels, Gabriel and they will all stand in rows on the last day!
None of them will be able to speak except for whom Allah permits.
This is clear from the verse!

I don't know where you get the breath of Allah from!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Prayer Book For Back To Sender To Your Enemy. / Why Do Christians Say God Is Not A Magician? / What Does It Mean To Raise The Dead In Your Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.