Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,607 members, 7,975,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:01 AM

The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril (4269 Views)

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Apostle Suleman, Hails Oyedepo Over Jibril From Sudan / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 9:57pm On Jun 28
FxMasterz:

You know really much bro. So, the legend of Alexandra is also in the Quran? It was Allah who revealed that too?
It is amazing that Allah who directly chose NOT to speak to Mohammed decided to directly speak to Alexander the Great.

So , we see prophet Alexander PBUH being shown where the sun sets in some dark murky waters. Even Moses wasn't given such a privilege
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 10:00pm On Jun 28
Ohyoudidnt:

Fortunately you have a mind of your own. Make your own research and don't follow the ignorant whims of another that has an erroneous quarrel with himself about the truth.

The Quran is the central religious text of Islam and contains guidance for all aspects of life. It does not specifically mention the legend of Alexandra. It is important to focus on the teachings and guidance provided in the Quran and the authentic Hadiths when seeking knowledge about Islam.

Were you told Psalm 16:10 is in the Quran and you believe it without verifying?

How about legend of Alexander the Great or the Legend of the seven sleepers or Solomon dieing for almost a year on his walking stick.

Are you Shure this was Allah or Mohammed narrating these stories?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 10:03pm On Jun 28
Qasim6:

grin grin grin

What is this?

There is no way one who listen to the likes of Jay Smith and not lose some gray matter.

See all the gibberish you are vomiting!
Have you ever seen me use anything from Jay Smith for you?

Your Qur'an, Hadith and Tafsirs are enough for me to deal with the lies of Islam.

How about legend of Alexander the Great or the Legend of the seven sleepers or Solomon dieing for almost a year on his walking stick.

Are you Sure this was Allah or Mohammed narrating these stories?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 10:26pm On Jun 28
TenQ:

Are you Shure this was Allah or Mohammed narrating these stories?

I have come to know you as habitually argumentative even when there is uncertainty in your claims. The Quran is entirely from Allah.

You will need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that legend of Alexander the Great is mentioned in the Quran.

Whatever doubts you have about the people of the cave or the death of Solomon are entirely yours to as you were neither there nor have any convincing evidence to the contrary.
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 10:49pm On Jun 28
TenQ:

It is amazing that Allah who directly chose NOT to speak to Mohammed decided to directly speak to Alexander the Great.

So , we see prophet Alexander PBUH being shown where the sun sets in some dark murky waters. Even Moses wasn't given such a privilege

Lol. Prophet Alexander. This is very hilarious. The same Alexander the Great is a prophet of Islam? Or another Alexander?

I found this online just now. The truth about Islam is really coming out.

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 10:52pm On Jun 28
Ohyoudidnt:

Fortunately you have a mind of your own. Make your own research and don't follow the ignorant whims of another that has an erroneous quarrel with himself about the truth.

The Quran is the central religious text of Islam and contains guidance for all aspects of life. It does not specifically mention the legend of Alexandra. It is important to focus on the teachings and guidance provided in the Quran and the authentic Hadiths when seeking knowledge about Islam.

Were you told Psalm 16:10 is in the Quran and you believe it without verifying?

But is Alexander the Great not truly a prophet in Islam?

I do not doubt that it's there. I researched it and found it. I think it's Zabur 3:5 or something.

Look at something else I found. Can you explain the screenshot?

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 11:43pm On Jun 28
FxMasterz:

I do not doubt that it's there. I researched it and found it. I think it's Zabur 3:5 or something.

In Islam, a prophet or messanger is a person who receives a message from Allah.

Dhu al-Qarnayn received message from Allah in the Qur'an, this makes him a prophet. Of course Muslims will deny this because Alexander the Great was an Idolater and a bisexual BUT Mohammed didn't seem to know this
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 11:44pm On Jun 28
FxMasterz:

Lol. Prophet Alexander. This is very hilarious. The same Alexander the Great is a prophet of Islam? Or another Alexander?

I found this online just now. The truth about Islam is really coming out.
Former Christians among Mohammed's scribes. The. Muslims will say the the Qur'an is a RECITATION
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 11:53pm On Jun 28
Ohyoudidnt:

I have come to know you as habitually argumentative even when there is uncertainty in your claims. The Quran is entirely from Allah.

You will need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that legend of Alexander the Great is mentioned in the Quran.

Whatever doubts you have about the people of the cave or the death of Solomon are entirely yours to as you were neither there nor have any convincing evidence to the contrary.

Alexander the Great is the Two Horned One (Dhu Qarnayn) do you want to refute this?

You may want to read what Ibn Kathir wrote about him and show in history any one else called the two Horned one.

Tell me, did Solomon actually died for almost a year and no one knew about his death?

Was the legend of the seven sleepers a real occurrence or a fiction?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by AntiChristian: 6:50am On Jun 29
TenQ:

Is it possible that God does Genocide?

What if I show you that Allah killed millions of babies and children in the Qur'an?
Will you affirmatively concur that Allah is a Terrorist?

God ordered people to do it in your Bible!
What they did is called by many names today!

Terrorism, Genocide, annihilation, war crimes, etc.

If your God supports it then and you can't condemn Him and those He supported what moral standing do you have to condemn any similar acts now if not hypocrisy?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 9:26am On Jun 29
TenQ:

In Islam, a prophet or messanger is a person who receives a message from Allah.

Dhu al-Qarnayn received message from Allah in the Qur'an, this makes him a prophet. Of course Muslims will deny this because Alexander the Great was an Idolater and a bisexual BUT Mohammed didn't seem to know this

In short, an idolater and bisexual is a prophet of Allah.
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 9:27am On Jun 29
TenQ:

Former Christians among Mohammed's scribes. The. Muslims will say the the Qur'an is a RECITATION

May God open their eyes.
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 11:15am On Jun 29
TenQ:

Alexander the Great is the Two Horned One (Dhu Qarnayn) do you want to refute this?

You may want to read what Ibn Kathir wrote about him and show in history any one else called the two Horned one.

Tell me, did Solomon actually died for almost a year and no one knew about his death?

Was the legend of the seven sleepers a real occurrence or a fiction?

Alexander the Great and Dhul Qarnayn are two different individuals and this is conclusive based on actual research.

You can twist your thoughts and views but they will only remain your personal mischief.

What is the concept of time to the Jinn? Do you have an encounter with them to know? Maybe as they seem to be or trouble you? What is the essence of the verse you refer to?

Are the sleepers of Ephesus conclusively adjudged to myth or legend? Is it similar to other legends and myths you accept as truth?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 11:18am On Jun 29
FxMasterz:

Alexander the great is not a prophet of Islam and was never said to be.

Have you found your psalms equivalent in the Quran?

Is your faith blind or you don't have the capacity to reason independently and only follow what who you idolize tell You?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 11:36am On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

Is your faith blind or you don't have the capacity to reason independently and only follow what who you idolize tell You?

You don't need to abuse me or my faith. I only asked you a question! Why are you getting so agitated?

TenQ said he is a prophet in Islam. I'm sure He has his proofs.

I have read that verse myself regarding the "you will not leave my soul in the grave nor suffer your holy one to see corruption" in the Quran online. I'll search it out and bring it.
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 11:40am On Jun 29
FxMasterz:

You don't need to abuse me or my faith. I only asked you a question! Why are you getting so agitated?

TenQ said he is a prophet in Islam. I'm sure He has his proofs.

I have read that verse myself regarding the "you will not leave my soul in the grave nor suffer your holy one to see corruption" in the Quran online. I'll search it out and bring it.

Continue using Tenq as your benchmark.

I look forward to your successful online search.

I simply ask you questions too bad you interpret these to be insulting
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 11:46am On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

You categorically insulted me by telling me I idolized someone. Did you ask me if I idolized anybody?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 11:52am On Jun 29
FxMasterz:

You categorically insulted me by telling me I idolized someone. Did you ask me if I idolized anybody?

I believe you understand what this sign ? means in a sentence.
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 11:53am On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

I believe you understand what this sign ? means in a sentence.

The question was premised on the fact that there was someone I was idolizing. You never asked, are you idolizing someone?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 11:56am On Jun 29
FxMasterz:

The question was premised on the fact that there was someone I was idolizing. You never asked, are you idolizing someone?

Is what you term the premise separate from the question or in the question?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by FxMasterz: 12:05pm On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

Is what you term the premise separate from the question or in the question?

Now, this is what you said below. Where's the question about idolizing someone?

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 12:08pm On Jun 29
FxMasterz:

Now, this is what you said below. Where's the question about idolizing someone?

Ohyoudidnt:

If you can be honest? How many sentences are there above?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 1:56pm On Jun 29
AntiChristian:

God ordered people to do it in your Bible!
What they did is called by many names today!

Terrorism, Genocide, annihilation, war crimes, etc.

If your God supports it then and you can't condemn Him and those He supported what moral standing do you have to condemn any similar acts now if not hypocrisy?

Thanks for speaking the truth for once wrt the highlighted in Yellow . The Qur'an was a deception all along

My question was simple:
Is it possible that God does Genocide?

What if I show you that Allah killed millions of babies and children in the Qur'an?
Will you affirmatively concur that Allah is a Terrorist?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 2:00pm On Jun 29
FxMasterz:

In short, an idolater and bisexual is a prophet of Allah.
Modern Muslims are struggling to deny Alexander the Great now o!

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 2:02pm On Jun 29
FxMasterz:

May God open their eyes.
Amen!

However, it takes more than the Truth to set a Muslim free. Unless they receive mercy, the Truth doesn't move them one bit.

Otherwise, droves of them would have left Islam since the inception of Nairaland Christian session

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 2:21pm On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

Alexander the Great and Dhul Qarnayn are two different individuals and this is conclusive based on actual research.

You can twist your thoughts and views but they will only remain your personal mischief.

What is the concept of time to the Jinn? Do you have an encounter with them to know? Maybe as they seem to be or trouble you? What is the essence of the verse you refer to?

Are the sleepers of Ephesus conclusively adjudged to myth or legend? Is it similar to other legends and myths you accept as truth?

Since you are so sure that Dhul-Qarnayn is NOT Alexander the Great,
1. So then, who is Dhul-Qarnayn in history apart from Alexander the Great?
2. Where is the remnants of the wall he built?
3. Who were the people he found beside the setting of the sun?
4. Where is the location?

It's not about the Jinn sir!

Is Solomon not a human being?
Does he not have wives?
Does he not eat or take his bath?
Does he not have subjects who daily visits him in his palace?

You said: Are the sleepers of Ephesus conclusively adjudged to myth or legend?
Response: It is both a myth and a legend

You said :
Is it similar to other legends and myths you accept as truth?
Response: Does it matter especially if Allah thought that the myth and legend is REAL?

The legend of the seven sleepers was a story written by
The Greek account by Simeon Metaphrastes
The Latin account by St. Gregory of Tours and
The Syriac version by Jacob of Serugh, from which Coptic and Georgian accounts arose.
The Arabic version by Allah and his prophet Mohammad

The story was written to encourage people struggling against the unbelieving rulers to be patient as they will ultimately overcome.
The story was written after the peak of the Christian persecution by the Roman government in (249-251 AD)

Mohammed put it in the Qur'an of Allah in 600+ AD

Why did Allah present the story as Real?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 2:33pm On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

Why are you denying Alexander the Great?

Did not your Allah speak directly to him (things he did not do even for Mohammed)?

Did you never read the Tafsir of Al-Jalalayn

Tafsir Qur'an 18.83 Jalal - Al-Jalalayn
And they, the Jews, question you concerning Dhū’l-Qarnayn, whose name was Alexander; he was not a prophet. Say: ‘I shall recite, relate, to you a mention, an account, of him’, of his affair

Why do you think Al-Jalalayn named the two Horned one as Alexander and not TenQ?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 2:44pm On Jun 29
TenQ:

You said: Are the sleepers of Ephesus conclusively adjudged to myth or legend?
Response: It is both a myth and a legend

You said :
Is it similar to other legends and myths you accept as truth?
Response: Does it matter especially if Allah thought that the myth and legend is REAL?

The Syriac version by Jacob of Serugh, from which Coptic and Georgian accounts arose.

The story was written to encourage people struggling against the unbelieving rulers to be patient as they will ultimately overcome.
The story was written after the peak of the Christian persecution by the Roman government in (249-251 AD)

Mohammed put it in the Qur'an of Allah in 600+ AD

Why did Allah present the story as Real?

What else is to be expected from Mr Argument, Argument?

The identity of Dhul-Qarnayn remains a subject of speculation and interpretation, as different people have offered diverse perspectives on this enigmatic figure.

Dhul Qarnayn can be any good ruler who helped the oppressed against the oppressor, stopped corruption, applied the law of God, and established justice among people.

2. Where is it categorically stated that prophet Suleiman may Allah be pleased with him died for a year before his death was discovered?

The rate at which termites eat wood can vary based on several factors such as the species of termite, colony size, type of wood, climate, and location. Was it the whole length of the walking stick that was eaten be it toppled over under load?
You try to show a higher degree of intelligent reasoning.

3. Legend, myth or reality who are you to determine exactly how messages are delivered? Depending on which calendar is presented what is your age?

There is wide disagreement about where they were located. Some say Greece. Some say Turkey. Some even mention Andalusia or Islamic Spain however the similarity of this story through different people and culture should point to some reality about it.

I see you have referred to Tafsir Jalalyn. How many Tafsir share this view?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 3:06pm On Jun 29
TenQ:

Why are you denying Alexander the Great?

Did not your Allah speak directly to him (things he did not do even for Mohammed)?

Did you never read the Tafsir of Al-Jalalayn

And they, the Jews, question you concerning Dhū’l-Qarnayn, whose name was Alexander; he was not a prophet. Say: ‘I shall recite, relate, to you a mention, an account, of him’, of his affair

Why do you think Al-Jalalayn named the two Horned one as Alexander and not TenQ?

The identification of Zul-Qarnain has been a controversial matter from the earliest times. in general the commentators have been of the opinion that he was Alexander the Great but the characteristics of Zul-Qarnain described in the Qur'an are not applicable to him. However, now the commentators are inclined to believe that Zul-Qarnain was Cyrus, an ancient king of Iran. We are also of the opinion that probably Zul-Qarnain was Cyrus, but the historical facts, which have come to light up to this time, are not sufficient to make any categorical assertion.

-Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi

As expected you pick the slightest argument that agree with your fancy and stop looking.
Why?
Is this how you ascertain what is true without thorough probe?
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 3:27pm On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

What else is to be expected from Mr Argument, Argument?

The identity of Dhul-Qarnayn remains a subject of speculation and interpretation, as different people have offered diverse perspectives on this enigmatic figure.

Dhul Qarnayn can be any good ruler who helped the oppressed against the oppressor, stopped corruption, applied the law of God, and established justice among people.
Even your Scholar Al-Jalalayn saulys that Dhul-Qarnayn is Alexander! Are you unaware of this?

There were minor questions you should answer because the case of Dhul-Qarnayn is a HISTORICAL event isn't it?

Ohyoudidnt:

2. Where is it categorically stated that prophet Suleiman may Allah be pleased with him died for a year before his death was discoverd?
I am surprised you didn't know that Allah said he died for ALMOST one year before he was discoverd.
Quran 34:14
And when We decreed death for him, nothing showed his death to them save a creeping creature of the earth which gnawed away his staff. And when he fell the jinn saw clearly how, if they had known the Unseen, they would not have continued in despised toil.

The three scholars of Islam were unanimous in their commentaries that it was almost a year
1. Tafsir Ibn Kathir Qur'an 34:14
2. Tafsir Ibn ‘Abbâs Qur'an 34:14
3. Tafsir Al-Jalalayn Qur'an 34:14

If you disagree that his death was NOT almost a year, can you tell us how many minutes it took for Solomon's death to be a miracle?

Ohyoudidnt:

The rate at which termites eat wood can vary based on several factors such as the species of termite, colony size, type of wood, climate, and location. Was it the whole length of the walking stick that was eaten be it toppled over under load?
You try to show a higher degree of intelligent reasoning.
Where did your scholars got the almost one year timeline? Were they fabricating history?

I have brought three witnesses to support my position, where are your witnesses?

Ohyoudidnt:

3. Legend, myth or reality who are you to determine exactly how messages are delivered? Depending on which calendar is presented what is your age?

There is wide disagreement about where they were located. Some say Greece. Some say Turkey. Some even mention Andalusia or Islamic Spain however the similarity of this story through different people and culture should point to some reality about it.
Awn!
What an argument?
Did you not see that I wrote FOUR accounts from four different cultures including ARABIC from Allah?

What it means it that they were copying each other and only one was the original source of the story.
The Arabic version is the latest of the four meaning that the version in the Qur'an copied their earlier ones.

If you think the version of Allah is the correct version,
1. Can you tell me exactly how many people were in the cave and how many dogs (surely, Allah must know the answer)?
2. Can you explain how Allah preserved the Christian in a cave (who believed that Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead by the third day) contrary to Islamic invention?

Ohyoudidnt:

I see you have referred to Tafsir Jalalyn. How many Tafsir share this view?

The three scholars of Islam were unanimous in their commentaries

1. Tafsir Ibn Kathir Qur'an 34:14
2. Tafsir Ibn ‘Abbâs Qur'an 34:14
3. Tafsir Al-Jalalayn Qur'an 34:14
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by TenQ: 3:31pm On Jun 29
Ohyoudidnt:

The identification of Zul-Qarnain has been a controversial matter from the earliest times. in general the commentators have been of the opinion that he was Alexander the Great but the characteristics of Zul-Qarnain described in the Qur'an are not applicable to him. However, now the commentators are inclined to believe that Zul-Qarnain was Cyrus, an ancient king of Iran. We are also of the opinion that probably Zul-Qarnain was Cyrus, but the historical facts, which have come to light up to this time, are not sufficient to make any categorical assertion.

-Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi

As expected you pick the slightest argument that agree with your fancy and stop looking.
Why?
Is this how you ascertain what is true without thorough probe?

At least you concur that the story of Dhul-Qarnayn is a HISTORICAL truth, then you must be able to answer these questions

Finally, does the sun set inside ANY kind of water?

If it is history, it must be reality!

Otherwise, if you claim that Dhul-Qarnayn is Cyrus,
1. Where is the wall he built or it's remnants?
2. Who were the people he met beside the setting place of the sun
Re: The Holy Spirit In The Qur'an Cannot Be Angel Jibril by Ohyoudidnt: 3:59pm On Jun 29
TenQ:

At least you concur that the story of Dhul-Qarnayn is a HISTORICAL truth, then you must be able to answer these questions

Finally, does the sun set inside ANY kind of water?

If it is history, it must be reality!

Otherwise, if you claim that Dhul-Qarnayn is Cyrus,
1. Where is the wall he built or it's remnants?
2. Who were the people he met beside the setting place of the sun

True to yourself; kindly continue your argument with yourself.

I believe in all the Quran revealed by Allah to prophet Muhammad pbuh as truth. If you have a problem with it remember it's your problem.

Have I journeyed to all ends of the world? Would I? If I leave that long will the effects of those the wall partition me from not be seen?

Is there Gog and Magog in your Bible? Where are they at this very point in time?

If you don't understand allegorical speech kindly take English lessons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fulfilling Your Purpose - Pastor Chris / "YOU ARE DOGS, SAID JESUS" Christians who are Hypertensive should'nt read this / The Concept Of God Is Absurd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.