Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,213 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:30 AM

Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State (32101 Views)

Panic In Abia Community As Erosion Site Swallows 2-storey Building (Pix, Video) / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) / Devastating Havoc Created By Erosion At Uga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by survemeka(m): 7:40pm On Jun 18
Please let's come together to save our fellow Nigerians passing through this difficulty. Kindly share this video till it gets to the right authority and God will bless you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Ze3rxY2CE

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Exousiang01(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18
No not at all.
The attention should continue to be on flood in Lekki and Ikoyi.
And when Lagos state government makes effort to fix it they cry yet insult Lag when they see a drop of water on the floor after rainfall...

Like I said.
Lets continue to focus on Lagos

141 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Cowardigbos: 8:08pm On Jun 18
Let's blame Yorubas for Voting Tinubu! Now Erosion don savage Abia, dis one go pursue igbos come SW again grin grin grin

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by survemeka(m): 8:10pm On Jun 18
Exousiang01:
No not at all.
The attention should continue to be on flood in Lekki and Ikoyi.
And when Lagos state government makes effort to fix it they cry yet insult Lag when they see a drop of water on the floor after rainfall...

Like I said.
Lets continue to focus on Lagos

All parts of Nigeria are equally important.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by survemeka(m): 8:11pm On Jun 18
Cowardigbos:
Let's blame Yorubas for Voting Tinubu! Now Erosion don savage Abia, dis one go pursue igbos come SW again grin grin grin

You don't sound nice at all.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by ROTTWEILER007: 8:23pm On Jun 18
Nigerian's Lords Prayer: God please perform a miracle so the the world will know you are God!!!

God: I will rather cause animals and trees to praise me. What you can fix for yourselves, you are waiting for Me. Continue to wait for me let me call angel Michael to come fix it for you.

Two years later.
Good evening viewers and welcome to the news at six. I am Jameson Anderson with the news. Four separate families counting up to 17 were feared dead in an unfortunate incident that have left about 10 injured and currently receiving treatment at the general hospital.
Efforts to reach the minister of environment to unravel the cause of what seemed to be an erosion proved abortive. Residents of the community have fast taken to the street to protest what they call government neglect.

May God help us in this country. Amen. But who is to blame here? The landlords or the government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by tunjijones(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18
What is wrong with Nigerians.

They have already turned the site to a dustbin and dumping ground which will make the erosion worse.

This is the legendary gully erosion we were taught abt in integrated science in early secondary school.

81 Likes

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by bestman09(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18
sad
FG should declare this erosion site as a state of emergency as Abia state can not handle this situation talk less of individuals. May God help us

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by AfeezShomorin(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18
The people that call Ibadan brown roof republic, see how erosion is ravaging their land

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by PrinzEleju: 8:23pm On Jun 18
That house belongs to Obidients

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Godons1: 8:24pm On Jun 18
This one na small thing. In Anambra over 70% of their land has been affected by golly erosion. They really need helping that State. If not, one day the entire State will be history.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Tjra: 8:24pm On Jun 18
Land of the online Billionaires.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by yyba: 8:24pm On Jun 18
Why coming together to save fellow Nigerians in a place where everyone is millionaire and billionaire
survemeka:
Please let's come together to save our fellow Nigerians passing through this difficulty. Kindly share this video till it gets to the right authority and God will bless you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Ze3rxY2CE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by 99thEnemy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18
grin grin grin

See no see, tell no tell. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by santaclaws: 8:26pm On Jun 18

1 Like

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by HydraFeeds(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18
In as much as Government should be responsible for making good roads and gutters ,the residents can as well do it if the government is useless because it's their properties that's at stake .

Most estates in Lagos developed their road network by themselves without government intervention.

5 Likes

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Ashez: 8:26pm On Jun 18
The proximity of those houses to gworo pit is really affecting them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by haybhi1(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18
I know how much bad-mouthed the Igbos here are and how much they seize every opportunity to deride us, how annoying their reaction would have been were this to be us. However, I won't be insensitive, I won't be like them. I wish the owners of properties here do not lose their properties and lives. I wish erosion evade them and government provide succour. Ire o.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by bhella10: 8:27pm On Jun 18
SE erosion capital of the world

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Sensiblerealist: 8:27pm On Jun 18
The topography of Abia state get as e be, especially that Orji Uzor Kalu hometown.
Once went for a wedding around there, guyman had to climb down deep into something like abyss to see our friend in-law's house, literally like 6 story building down down. Coming back up every time na wa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by inoki247: 8:29pm On Jun 18
Billionaire island....

If you talk now they will call us tribalist buh if dem talk derr own Abt other states they want the best for the state....

The Govt should just go and clear any building in that area to give room for the canal...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by IPDGP: 8:29pm On Jun 18
In the land of Billionaires grin grin grin
No wonder they all run come Lagos

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Negroid001(m): 8:29pm On Jun 18
Why person go build house for edge of cliff?
All in the name of I'm a landlord.
I don't pity ignorant people. This one has nothing to do with the government.

Block and cement house for that matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:31pm On Jun 18
Godons1:
This one na small thing. In Anambra over 70% of their land has been affected by golly erosion. They really need helping that State.
If not, one day the entire State will be history.
God forbid 🚫 oooo

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:31pm On Jun 18
IPDGP:
In the land of Billionaires grin grin grin
No wonder they all run come Lagos
inoki247:
Billionaire island....
Cowardigbos:
AfeezShomorin:
The people that call Ibadan brown roof republic, see how erosion is ravaging their land
Tjra:
yyba:
Why coming together to save fellow Nigerians in a place where everyone is millionaire and billionaire
Be ya brother's keeper and be nice

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Godons1: 8:31pm On Jun 18
Tjra:

Billionaires online, while poverty wan finish their People grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Gisterrr: 8:34pm On Jun 18
Hh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by survemeka(m): 8:34pm On Jun 18
tunjijones:
What is wrong with Nigerians.

They have already turned the site to a dustbin and dumping ground which will make the errosion worse.

This is the legendary gully errosion we were thought abt in integrated science in early secondary school.

Yes, you're correct. Severe gully erosion.

1 Like

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by survemeka(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18
post=130544241:

God forbid 🚫 oooo

May God forbid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by Ayo25: 8:37pm On Jun 18
Charity does not begin at home for the typical Igbo man grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by madridguy(m): 8:37pm On Jun 18
See as this thread dry cheesy online billionaire don go hide.... No wonder they are trying every possibly means to grab other peoples region.

Ndi developers that cannot develop their region.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buildings Devastated By Erosion At Ovom Street, Aba, Abia State by omooba969(m): 8:38pm On Jun 18
Odiegwu! Is this not supposed to be the land of our indomitable billionaires? grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shocking Warnings On A Gate In FCT / 5-storey Building Collapses In Apapa / What Is Land Banking? #unregretful Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.