Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:47 AM

Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji (38331 Views)

Princess Onyejekwe: Ned Nwoko Tried To Marry Me. I Refused; I Didn't Have Sense / Genevieve Nnaji And AJ Cham: The Real Story Behind The White Man & The Actress / Did Genevieve Nnaji Just Confirm She Is Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Enemyofpeace: 8:06pm On Jun 19
ChizzyBuna:
Madam, talk true...
You reject them abi na them reject you? grin
no mind am
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Sleekfingers: 8:06pm On Jun 19
Righthussle:
Rest madam, Nigerians are hungry. Na who don chop dey talk about Hollywood and Nollywood.

Stop generalizing , because my household and I aren't hungry

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by IbnB: 8:07pm On Jun 19
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Edusouls(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19
Madam hunger Dey the land, Abegi people are going through hell to survive daily in this wretched land we exist in, a part of earth very close to hell is NIGERIA
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Dogalmighty17: 8:12pm On Jun 19
Abeg shave that matter. Hollywood isn't for mediocres. If they wanted you, they'd have definitely done all it takes to get you. Lupita Nyongo is doing excellently well. She's got what it takes.
Non of our artistes in nollywood have broken through in hollywood and that's not because of lack of trying. The only person I think who could remotely do it, is RMD.

Genevieve may have done well for herself in the Nigerian film industry and there's no disputing that but it would be stretching reality to say that she could have made it in hollywood.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by livebullet(m): 8:14pm On Jun 19
Slytiger:
Well, she created her own brand.

Chop am na as e be say na food... Dem dey cry say hunger dey, this one dey talk of brand
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Afonja007: 8:14pm On Jun 19
DevilsEqual:
I no dey carry my tribal banter outside poltics

So yea, You did really well but i just feel somehow that if you actually started out in this era, you'd have surpassed every single Nollywood person in history

U no too get PR but still on still, U be legend of the game
if you like carry tribal banter go church na you sabi, no tribe for nigeria wey no get more than 20 insults to tell the other tribe,no be naija we dey ?we know our self
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by LordBillionz: 8:17pm On Jun 19
Righthussle:
Rest madam, Nigerians are hungry. Na who don chop dey talk about Hollywood and Nollywood.
Na she do you?
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by litaninja(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19
Lmao. Say na refused.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by 99thEnemy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19
Kukutente23:
She's talking about being treated like a commodity by Hollywood
Was she not rumoured to be Atiku’s lipsrsealed
No be for your mouth dem go hear say na hot eba kiii Moses cool
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19
That is the goal of every Igbo man and woman, to make The Best of where ever he/she is, he/she doesn't care who Benefits from it.

See, with more power comes more responsibilities, though some people tend to forget that but when You are fighting any Igbo with a righteous motive, you are fighting yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Bmaster(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19
I think say na Hollywood dey produce blue film ?
Or which other Hollywood are we talking about that I don't know
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Darlingjay1: 8:18pm On Jun 19
She just want to add to my anger this evening
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by nairaman66(m): 8:20pm On Jun 19
You could have just kept quiet. Kept your worth/dignity or whatever you call it. Nigerians are currently fighting for their lives!
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by taobudao(m): 8:20pm On Jun 19
DevilsEqual:

So yea, You did really well but i just feel somehow that if you actually started out in this era, you'd have surpassed every single Nollywood person in history

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Sheuns(m): 8:27pm On Jun 19
Dogalmighty17:
Abeg shave that matter. Hollywood isn't for mediocres. If they wanted you, they'd have definitely done all it takes to get you. Lupita Nyongo is doing excellently well. She's got what it takes.
Non of our artistes in nollywood have broken through in hollywood and that's not because of lack of trying. The only person I think who could remotely do it, is RMD.

Genevieve may have done well for herself in the Nigerian film industry and there's no disputing that but it would be stretching reality to say that she could have made it in hollywood.

Olu Jacobs starred in some older Hollywood movies. I think in the 70s/80s
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by OneCandleAway(f): 8:29pm On Jun 19
Sheuns:

Olu Jacobs starred in some older Hollywood movies. I think in the 70s/80s

Olu Jacobs, bukky ajayi (mother of abounce ) these are people Hollywood respect as great actors.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Maxtipulation(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19
Righthussle:

Na she cause the hunger?
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Maxtipulation(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19
nlreserve:
Hunger dey

Is she the root cause?
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by OneCandleAway(f): 8:34pm On Jun 19
Even her role in half of a yellow sun , the director wasn't impressed. They almost cut out her scene if not for genevieves manager who pleaded that Nigerians will want to see her.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Quintessence44: 8:35pm On Jun 19
Dogalmighty17:

Your inferiority complex stinks.

Talking as if it’s not human beings in Hollywood.

People like you are so irritating. Lupita needs Hollywood far more than Genevieve does, as the latter can afford to dwell in the Nollywood sphere that birthed and enriched her.

What does Lupita have without Hollywood?

By the way, if RMD can succeed in Hollywood, according to you, what stops Genevieve?

It’s not as though RMD is a significantly better actor than her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Mrexcell(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19
Who get the time to be watching nollywood in this tinibu's economy?
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by InvertedHammer: 8:40pm On Jun 19
Righthussle:

/
She can go to Hollywood but there is no room for her.

It will be very difficult for someone from Nollywood to break into Hollywood.

Stephanie Okereke tried many years ago, took classes and realized that it is impossible.

Imagine doing imdb profile of her and it shows all those emotional dramatic rubbish they do in Nigeria.

Her best bet will be to join Tyler Perry and play an African woman in one of his degrading series.

But we know that Tyler doesn't pay well neither does he make stars.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Pennilessword1: 8:41pm On Jun 19
Na because them no go too use you madam rest
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by TheGift: 8:42pm On Jun 19
Kukutente23:
She's talking about being treated like a commodity by Hollywood
Was she not rumoured to be Atiku’s lipsrsealed

And you are repeating the rumour like many before you, and that’s how rumors spread.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by fkj950ax(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19
SoNature:
“They wanted what I had but for their benefit. It was all about their story. It was all about how, even if it was our story, I could make it more authentic to their understanding of whatever Africa is because they did have a lot of literature in their archives.”

Hollywood is not Ministry of African Affairs or the Cultural Institute of African Stories.
They are business people and not the arm of African Union.
This statement is from a very entitled point of view.
Hollywood doesn't owe Africa or Africans in telling stories. When African stories are IMPORTANT ENOUGH, Africans will wake TF up and tell their stories.

China did it and moved the country out of poverty.
Dubai did it and turned desert to best tourist destination.
Türkiye did it with drones. Selling more military drones than USA.
Singapore did it and became a successful economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by rainluv: 8:49pm On Jun 19
OneCandleAway:

Olu Jacobs, bukky ajayi (mother of abounce ) these are people Hollywood respect as great actors.

Her movie was the first African to be bought by Netflix tongue
Yen yen yen yen

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by thinkmoney(m): 8:51pm On Jun 19
DevilsEqual:

So to u your comments on politics is just about having fun? U are despicable
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Antoeni(m): 8:51pm On Jun 19
I advised my neighbor to leave a man that beats and maltreat her always. Just now she posted a picture with the same man with caption "No goat can separate me from my love". I don’t know who she’s referring to anyways. Hope it’s not me shaa

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Cmanforall: 8:57pm On Jun 19
Righthussle:

Content creators are also entertaining Nigerians maybe more
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by bizzibodi(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19
Nice try,no vacancy for you in Hollywood.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by JuanDeDios: 9:00pm On Jun 19
DeepSight:

It was said to be Nike Osinowo back then.
Sebi Atiku said he'd "never met her" and bloggers (the print versions we had then) later speculated she made it up to chase clout. Confusion ti take over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pics: Daniella Okeke Vacationing In Greece / Oritsefemi Sprays His Wife, Nabila Fash Dollars At Their Wedding Party / Tonto Dikeh Feeds The Less Privileged, Eats With Them On The Street (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.