Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,086 members, 7,880,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji (38252 Views)

Princess Onyejekwe: Ned Nwoko Tried To Marry Me. I Refused; I Didn't Have Sense / Genevieve Nnaji And AJ Cham: The Real Story Behind The White Man & The Actress / Did Genevieve Nnaji Just Confirm She Is Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by SIRTee15: 2:44am On Jun 20
OneCandleAway:
Even her role in half of a yellow sun , the director wasn't impressed. They almost cut out her scene if not for genevieves manager who pleaded that Nigerians will want to see her.

To be honest, I was very disappointed with her acting in that movie. So unnatural ana unreal, I could see she was acting.
The scene where she was arguing with chiwetel ejiofor gave her our as subpar actress.

I wouldn't doubt your comment one bit.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by AreaFada2: 3:17am On Jun 20
Antoeni:
I advised my neighbor to leave a man that beats and maltreat her always. Just now she posted a picture with the same man with caption "No goat can separate me from my love". I don’t know who she’s referring to anyways. Hope it’s not me shaa
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Werey.
Na malu go seperate them then.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by TheSuperX(m): 3:24am On Jun 20
Noted
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by tarboshi(m): 4:59am On Jun 20
We4all:
Hollywood is not an industry where the best talents are found. So, no actor should downplay their talent even if they are not yet in Hollywood.

Nonetheless, there are a few Nollywood actors that are Hollywood materials. They include Stephanie Okereke, Dakore Egbuson and maybe Rita Dominic.

Although, Genevieve is a talented actress, I didn't mention her because her English accent is too thick.

What accent did Jack Chan bring to Hollywood? You don't need to be fake to be in Hollywood, your accent as African is good enough.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Kukutente23: 5:29am On Jun 20
Antoeni:
I advised my neighbor to leave a man that beats and maltreat her always. Just now she posted a picture with the same man with caption "No goat can separate me from my love". I don’t know who she’s referring to anyways. Hope it’s not me shaa
You know
Only that you don't know that you know
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by dragunov: 6:18am On Jun 20
SoNature:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/705042-why-i-refused-to-join-hollywood-genevieve-nnaji.html

Madam go and rest. You have been thoroughly overtaken even in Bollywood. You're now telling us that you could have been in Hollywood. Story

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by YorubaAssasin: 6:45am On Jun 20
zumbigbo:

Step children of poverty frothing their rabid foam from every orifice.

Okoro Savage, stop wailing. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Eponfergiesmall: 6:51am On Jun 20
YorubaAssasin:
Refused or not qualified?

Werey! Okoro Savages and chest-beating! grin

You mean that Descendant of Osukwu?
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by SAMBARRY: 7:16am On Jun 20
Righthussle:
Rest madam, Nigerians are hungry. Na who don chop dey talk about Hollywood and Nollywood.
it's you that should rest.if na hunger be your problem go look for food. If you read and understand, you will know Hollywood is deeper and dangerous than what you are seeing.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by AareGaa: 9:41am On Jun 20
ariesbull:
no na Una dey shout Ebin Pawo begging up and down here in Lagos

I go dey remind Una ....we Igbo no dey forget easily

No be una dey sell Una pikins for Anambra and Enugu.
The real hunger dey South East
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by ariesbull: 10:02am On Jun 20
AareGaa:

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by ariesbull: 10:16am On Jun 20
AareGaa:

Hunger go tidy Una

Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by DonroxyII: 10:18am On Jun 20
DevilsEqual:
I no dey carry my tribal banter outside poltics

So yea, You did really well but i just feel somehow that if you actually started out in this era, you'd have surpassed every single Nollywood person in history

U no too get PR but still on still, U be legend of the game
Hollywood would Used Her & dropped her ...

A lion is a king in the jungle but once it enter city, it is Dead !
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by DonroxyII: 10:19am On Jun 20
Kukutente23:
She's talking about being treated like a commodity by Hollywood
Was she not rumoured to be Atiku’s lipsrsealed
Forget that Atiku stuff .. na normal things between Adult to be friends & Whatever happened in Friendship Stays In Friendship!
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by DonroxyII: 10:22am On Jun 20
ChizzyBuna:
Madam talk true...
You reject them abi Na them reject you? grin
She rejected them because the offer was corrupt & thats True of Hollywood...

Hollywood is a Cult of Big Men With Super Strong Connects Everywhere & Monies Flows Like Oceans...

if they dictate terms to you simply play safely or bowed out if not .. Your life or career is done !!
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Tochi360: 11:40am On Jun 20
nlreserve:
Hunger dey

You follow support this evil APC structure of criminality, cluelessness, hunger,,, insecurity,, hardship, blame blame and und lies.

Make them raise the hunger to power 70 grin

May the strongest stand tall on Grace
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Tochi360: 11:45am On Jun 20
AareGaa:

Nonsensr talk.

Selling pikin na criminal act wey criminal minded people dey do same with those ones were de sell people skull upandan and ther ones wey dey do bandits dey kidnap full village. Criminals dey everywhere and tribe,you no get point at all. Just stop to do senseless tribal gbasgbos,,,you too dry and boring you no sabi the work at all grin

Tribalist no dey ever make sense.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by nlreserve: 12:11pm On Jun 20
Tochi360:

You follow support this evil APC structure of criminality, cluelessness, hunger,,, insecurity,, hardship, blame blame and und lies.

Make them raise the hunger to power 70 grin

May the strongest stand tall on Grace
Thunder fire APC and PDP. Divide the country make everyone go manage him region.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Smartcitizen: 12:40pm On Jun 20
Righthussle:
Rest madam, Nigerians are hungry. Na who don chop dey talk about Hollywood and Nollywood.

Tinubu is the right person to tell that,

Next time Chanel your energy well.
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by luluman: 6:03pm On Jun 20
Righthussle:
What a confusion; you never chop yet you have money to do nairaland. Misplaced priority!
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by Flamemignon1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20
caye:
Who really is interested in Hollywood these days?

A place founded & controlled by Jews , and other white supremacists, for the sole purpose of brainwashing ppl, just like their LGTTV agenda ( Abi how dem dey spell am?).

I've taken my mind off Hollywood o.

It's purely mind control garbage now.

You see what I said. Hollywood is just an agenda to rewrite black ppls stories , as suited for the white supremacists.
It's an ungodly place.
Check how many black male artists have been forced to wear dresses , as part of an ( unknown?) humiliation ritual:

- Tyler Perry ( unfortunately he's gay in real life; acts as a woman)

-Kevin Hart
- shank
- Jamie fox
- Even the great Blade Wesley Snipes
and many more.
Go learn what acting is before coming here to look more stupid than Patrick and SpongeBob
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:18am On Jun 21
MySolace:

I dont understand... Say if dey carry script give genevive to act upon, she no fit? Or, na she wan write d movie? Abi na director?
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND LATER. GO STUDY HOLLYWOOD MOVIES FROM SCRIPTING TO PRODUCTN. YOU GO KNOW SEY NA DRAMA UNA THEY DO HERE FOR NAIJA.

Me abi ibo o, however,ONLY YORUBAWOOD ALONE PASS YA NOLLY. INFACT YORUBAWOOD SHOULD BE PROJECTED AS NIGERIA FLAGSHIP MOVIE IND.WITH LESS JUJU IN IT. cheesy
Re: Why I Refused To Join Hollywood – Genevieve Nnaji by MySolace: 5:25pm On Jun 21
PARADIZEPRIEST:
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND LATER. GO STUDY HOLLYWOOD MOVIES FROM SCRIPTING TO PRODUCTN. YOU GO KNOW SEY NA DRAMA UNA THEY DO HERE FOR NAIJA.

Me abi ibo o, however,ONLY YORUBAWOOD ALONE PASS YA NOLLY. INFACT YORUBAWOOD SHOULD BE PROJECTED AS NIGERIA FLAGSHIP MOVIE IND.WITH LESS JUJU IN IT. cheesy
I be think say u get talk. But eventually u no get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ese Eriata: If You Dump A Man Because He Cheats, Your Brain Is Leaking / Adekunle Gold Accused Of Helping Yahoo Boys Edit Their Document / Mavin Singer Di'ja Teaches In A School In Kaduna,Donates Books To Them(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.