Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,716 members, 7,941,733 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. (40666 Views)

Meet My 1 Week Pekin Ducklings. / 1.5 Acre's Of Cassava Farm For Sale. / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by faithfull18(f): 8:04pm On Aug 27
Hmmn, agbe Weldone, I can see you have protected your farm against those people.

See our profile πŸ˜‰
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by omooba969(m): 8:06pm On Aug 27
Esude007:
After clearing, pre planting herbicide application commenced. Pre planting herbicide application is important because it help to suppress weed intensity. Weed is a menace in agriculture, it competes with the crop for space, sunlight, water, nutrients etc.

Glyphosate was used for this operation.

Looks like you guys are pouring the chemical into the water, is this a stream or a stagnant water? πŸ€”

1 Like

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:07pm On Aug 27
πŸ‘
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by impeccable001(m): 8:17pm On Aug 27
Great work on your maize project!

You have done remarkable well on this maize farm

I will follow your thread contribute as a fellow agronomist in the field
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by ewedunamala: 8:27pm On Aug 27
Kwontinue naa
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Love800(m): 8:27pm On Aug 27
Sir, is planting cocoyam profitable?
Zwooks:

Thanks a lot Boss

One quick question still in the spirit of the whole forum getting educated. In events of maize.plants getting sprayed such that they appear burnt, should farmers just forget about them and replant completely ?
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by ChiefOkporghe: 8:37pm On Aug 27
Kobojunkie:
Protect your farm from cattle invasion by planting weeds poisonous to cattle(about 1 meter in width) all around the edge of your farm(length and breath). So many farms have been decimated by cattle in the last couple of years. It is high time farmers begin to more effectively defend their crops and livelihoods. undecided

Another thing you can also do is spread rumours around through even the other farmers that you and other farmers have taken to planting poisonous grass in your farms to help curb the giants called cattle. The rumour may not work immediately but may cause the cattle herders to become wary of farms and growths in your area. undecided

Boycotting their meat altogether is additional way of deterring them from going through your area. They have to go buy to feed their cattle and also to possibly reach your markets. If the demand for the plants are poisonous for their cattle and demand for their meat significantly reduced, they would definitely look for other places to forage and also to sell their meat. undecided

https://extension.umn.edu/forage-harvest-and-storage/plants-poisonous-livestock
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by betabread: 8:53pm On Aug 27
I beg anybody into crops that has herdsmen with cows in their area to please just forget about farming in that area.....

Save urself and ur workers the stress......Herdsmen are the most vicious beings and would go to any length to avenge a dead cow.........moreover cows have preference for cultivated crops........
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by SaturnNick(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27
Great job. Good luck with bumper harvest cool cool cool
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by shox(m): 9:03pm On Aug 27
FameGlory:
For those that want to go into Farming

These are FARMLANDS for sale at Abeokuta.

Promo is ending 30th of August
scammer werey. Omo onile .Who call u come here . Who go buy land for skull mining headquarters

1 Like

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by FameGlory(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27
shox:
scammer werey. Omo onile .Who call u come here . Who go buy land for skull mining headquarters

I wanted to respond to you like an adult but I went through your profile and saw your threads.

I can't respond to children on Nairaland.

Go and play with your PS3.

1 Like

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Ameboperoo2: 9:20pm On Aug 27
CaptainFM1:
You have amaized me. You shall continue to rice and beans.
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by rickleye: 9:22pm On Aug 27
bassdow:

wetin You go talk if I tell you say Fulani no dey near our street and the one behind it?
Of course that didn't happen without serious wahala. Me go cut you and the Malu. Got so serious that One day, they waitied for me on the road and 3 of them attacked me. both them + Me were surprized how I survived. of course I never attempted to run else that would have been my end. I fought back despite their 3 cutlasses, I managed to wound and over power them.

Funny enough, na Community dey give them power. Not all the COWs are owned by the Fulanis. In fact most are even owned by Oga of Soldiers and Area Commander of Police. Even community head sef dey follow get.

Well after everything, they tried coming thinking I would get scared due to what happened and the injury I sustained BUT I let them know that now, it would be worse.
Before na only beating I dey beat Malu, after that encounter, na Cut I dey cut Malu + you wey dey lead them if I cat any. So tey even dem Oga beg me say anyTime I see them, I should call him BUT I told him I am not interested in calling anyOne. Tell your people what routes to never pass through.

NowAdays, we greet, and I even greet them if I see them on the road BUT it ends there.

It's been close to 4-years now, all dey avoid our street and the street behind.

Another na Goat and I took care of those also. Me go just LAME your goat, carry am put for middle of road. Now even the One wey dey form Soldier don build PEN for him goat while the GOATs sef don get sense. Dem dey avoid our street join.

So you see, continue crying and nothing changes. me no wan die BUT I still no fear to die.

Funny enough, Most fellow community members would support you in FRONT but behind you, na opposite. Glad I ain't the type that moves with crowd.

Una go continue to cry till the day you dry youe TEARs and do something about it.

Congrats for not putting up with their shenanigans
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by SpaceX: 9:28pm On Aug 27
Congrats to a plentiful harvest . One of my goal in life is to know how to farm.
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Collins4u1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27
You are very good bro......Great work
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by shox(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27
FameGlory:

I wanted to respond to you like an adult but I went through your profile and saw your threads.

I can't respond to children on Nairaland.

Go and play with your PS3.
that particular land wey u dey put for dere. Aw many people u don sell am to?
Omo onile.
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Ameboperoo2: 9:46pm On Aug 27
brainhgeek:

Inspiring!
This is yellow corn. I thought you said you got white corn seeds
it's OP who planted white.
Mine is yellow corn.

1 Like

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by xgod: 10:00pm On Aug 27
Ameboperoo:
More
smiley hmmm! Food is good o....
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by xgod: 10:02pm On Aug 27
Esude007:
before u can blame the variety, did u follow gap?

(1) What was your spacing.

(2) what is the population of crop per acre

Population plays an important role in the yield.

You are expected to plant 20kg of this sc510 per hectare.

Meaning a population of 53,333 per hectare

We have 2.5 acre in 1 hectare.

Meaning 21,333 per acre.

Did u monitor This?
Welldone sir, you are so professional in your maize analysis, u make it seem like mathematics, and I never loved maths undecided

1 Like

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by xgod: 10:04pm On Aug 27
Esude007:
Art
God purnish any Fulani cattle herder, that would even imagine attempting encroaching on this wonderful masterpiece of nature.

1 Like

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Joshcoli(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27
Very educative thread
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by JuanDeDios: 10:09pm On Aug 27
FameGlory:
For those that want to go into Farming

These are FARMLANDS for sale at Abeokuta.

Promo is ending 30th of August
You mean 130k per plot?
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by brainhgeek(m): 10:30pm On Aug 27
Ameboperoo2:
it's OP who planted white.
Mine is yellow corn.
Ok. I mixed it up. Thanks
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Shimbo96(m): 10:37pm On Aug 27
Esude007:
**Hello farmers, my name is Umaru Ezekiel Esude Agbetech Agro Consult chief Agronomist .

**improving productivity is a major driver as far as attaining food securty in Nigeria is concerned. But to achieve improvement in maize productivity two tenets are important.

(1) Always start with the right seed variety.

(2) You should always adhere to good Agronomic practices.

**"the purpose of this research is to check the yield potential of sc719 under good Agronomic practices.

good luck bro

1 Like

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by EnEnPeecee: 10:58pm On Aug 27
Wowowwowowoow wowowwowowoow wowowwowowoow wowowwowowoow
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by FameGlory(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27
JuanDeDios:

You mean 130k per plot?

Yes dear.

It's Farmland.
Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Hailstone: 12:33am On Aug 28
Esude007:
**Hello farmers, my name is Umaru Ezekiel Esude Agbetech Agro Consult chief Agronomist .

**improving productivity is a major driver as far as attaining food securty in Nigeria is concerned. But to achieve improvement in maize productivity two tenets are important.

(1) Always start with the right seed variety.

(2) You should always adhere to good Agronomic practices.

**"the purpose of this research is to check the yield potential of sc719 under good Agronomic practices.

Well done!! You are definitely very hardworking. Quick question, did you study agriculture? Also a suggestion. If possible, try use a mask & gloves when spraying the herbicides & pesticides to avoid direct contact. My grandfather of blessed memory was an agricultural officer and all could see the good work on his farm. Unfortunately, he passed on due to cancer of the esophagus which we thought was from all these chemicals used on farm & animals. I don’t see myself in farming, but love the good work put in by farmers.

2 Likes

Re: My 1.5 Acre Maize Demo Plot. by Maxtipulation(m): 1:14am On Aug 28
Hope Fulani herdsmen will not attack you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Coconut Oil Factory To Commence Operation Tomorrow (Pictures) / Goat Engages In Intense Battle With Owner Over Rice (video) / Strawberry Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.