Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,323 members, 7,967,818 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:35 AM

How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? (21423 Views)

Lizard Meat: How A Nigerian Man Is Surviving Nigeria 2024 (Pics/ Videos) / Real Homemade FAST FOOD - 10 Mins Special Plantain Egg Sauce Recipe (Pix &Video) / Five Reasons Why Eating From Fast Food Joints Is Not Advisable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by SPAMBOX7: 10:06pm On Jul 09
No wonder restaurant wey I open no dey go well😑
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Oloki: 10:26pm On Jul 09
Emeka71:
Some people like me I'm surviving on banana and barbeque fish.

Na rich man you be
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Oloki: 10:27pm On Jul 09
Na rich man you be

quote author=Emeka71 post=130875249]Some people like me I'm surviving on banana and barbeque fish. [/quote]
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Emekuz256(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09
It depends on the location tho I am not saying what you said is a lie but most restaurants or Buka in my area Ikotun/Abaranje is always flooded with customers queuing for food not to talk of fast food eateries

2 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by GreenxGreen: 10:38pm On Jul 09
AngelSlay:
Revolution where? Nigeria Lol! You people are divided on tribal lines, it obvious even from comments here on nairaland. I seriously doubt if there would be any revolution because Nigerians are cowards
It's just a matter of time 😔😔😔

1 Like

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Tonytonex(m): 10:40pm On Jul 09
Draslo:
Wetin you dey chop for two hours?

You say you rushed in for a fast one not a date o, saw you’re the only customer, the turned on the generator for you on top your less than 5k meal and proceeded to stay there for almost two hours. You’re wondering how they’re surviving? OGA you’re part of the problem.
no he isn't. The people managing the restaurant is. U can put off your gen. After eating.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by dododawa1: 10:41pm On Jul 09
FG

Will

Hear

From

Us

Soon
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Tonytonex(m): 10:44pm On Jul 09
iLegendd:
Despite the hunger and businesses shutting down, there are a bunch of poor men bent on having lots of children they can't feed. cry Manufacturing more próstitutes and kidnappers into the society.
any man that is still breeding kids in this had economy without a proper means of... for them, is a big fool, a big fool.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Kennitrust(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09
Jamie248:

So she should use her life-savings to sustain a dead business

Truly you APC/Tinubu lapdogs are devoid of commonsense
if you know how much I hate Tinubu or anything APC, you for be very selective in the wording you are sending back to me as reply to my mention.

Anyway since you are obidient, I will let it slight
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Abee79(m): 11:02pm On Jul 09
One day, the masses will be so hungry that they'll turn on the greedy leaders. We are getting there 🤐
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by stacyadams: 11:05pm On Jul 09
Kennitrust:
say she closes shop was too much to believe. Does it mean she has not been saving money all along? Lol

I wouldn't know..every body get there problem.some businesses are not making much income as people assume
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Tendd: 11:35pm On Jul 09
Are the beer parlours feeling the same?Bars and drinking spots are always full even in economic downturns.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by thatigboman: 11:36pm On Jul 09
Food is very costly these days.
Where I eat at work. Like 2 months ago, when u come at 10am and ask for yam - finished, beans -finished, vegetable - available if you are lucky. But today, go there at 3pm and ask for beans, e dey, yam, e dey, vegetable, e dey. They have increased their prices like 3 times within the last 1 year. I feel bad for them though

1 Like

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Bright800(m): 11:58pm On Jul 09
I dey vex for we the citizen, na only online una dey get mouth, if Dem say make we go riot, una go dey inside house dey press phone or dey with una wife or girlfriend inside house, I dey shame una, una too weak abeg, fight for your right una go dey fear

1 Like

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Inosky: 12:07am On Jul 10
I will never waste the kind of money I wasted last two months. 200k gone.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by hansomb: 12:13am On Jul 10
Draslo:

You say you rushed in for a fast one not a date o, saw you’re the only customer, the turned on the generator for you on top your less than 5k meal and proceeded to stay there for almost two hours. You’re wondering how they’re surviving? OGA you’re part of the problem.
Gbam
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by hansomb: 12:17am On Jul 10
Honestly, for d very first time , everybody dey collect from different angles. There's no longer shame in saying I don't have again.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by cucumbar: 12:26am On Jul 10
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Ilekokonit: 12:28am On Jul 10
ednut1:
They will have to close down. Tinubu and his evil reforms at work

2 weeks ago I spoke to someone who relocated from UK to Naija to open a restaurant a year ago and he said he decided to close the restaurant the day before our call due to low patronage.

He said before they used to give free soup with meals but when the cost of the soup ingredients alone was more than the cost of the meat, he resorted to charging N1000 for the soup alone and as most of his customers can not afford the N2000 for a plate of food, he had no choice but to close the business down as to do otherwise will mean running at a loss and Baba is quite prudent at cost cutting from my observations of his past businesses both in London and in Naija.

Imagine 5 tomatoes jumped from N200 to N2000 and Tinubu has not deemed it fit to declare a state of emergency ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by hkidola00(m): 12:28am On Jul 10
nautybride:

The strategy is hungry people don't protest! Keep them starved! The people at the top must remain at the top by trampling on those below! May all the evil Leaders face the wrath of the gods of the land soon.
haaa,ogbeni wetin won occur like this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by hkidola00(m): 12:29am On Jul 10
ceejay80s:

It's coming and I am ready if others are ready
ok ok so how do we mobilize each other state by state...going out ,I look at people's face,all in dismay of no hope in sight
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Ilekokonit: 12:30am On Jul 10
nautybride:

The poor are suffering and don't even have energy to go against the causal agents.

Its called weaponized poverty caused by corrupt politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by hkidola00(m): 12:32am On Jul 10
YoshihideSuga:

So that you will call Igbos who participate in it "IPOB"?

Ta! No protests whatsoever! Tinubu must continue his works!
guy you not making sense,actually kanu caused the finger pointing,the endsars was bereft of any politician or human right whatsoever,but kanu was broadcasting his Igbo guys,burn dis,destroy this and that,no Yoruba leader told Yoruba guys to destroy anything that chinasa burnt numbers of brt bus....check my topic,ice been against tinubu for a long time
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:18am On Jul 10
Draslo:

Crazy, but failed attempt to divert attention and blames from the old, clueless calamity you voted in on ethnoreligious sentiments.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by aderadio1: 2:42am On Jul 10
Ganjafama:
To think that Tinubu won massively in Ekiti. They deserve the shege they are getting.
inec did ojoro. I did not believe b4 but what Nigerians are going through is making me to have a rethink.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by ollypass: 6:33am On Jul 10
omoredia:
Hunger bad

respect to the legend ..may his soul rest in peace
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Crafteck1: 7:17am On Jul 10
bisqit:
but chicken republic is still alive

Location is key, a lot of them closed down in recent years, there are 3 types of locations, A, b, c... Will explain if enough people want to know more.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by TemmyT002(m): 7:46am On Jul 10
Ganjafama:
To think that Tinubu won massively in Ekiti. They deserve the shege they are getting.

Well, many of us didn't vote for him.
And I am pretty sure many of the votes were manipulated.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Litmus: 8:14am On Jul 10
People still find money to import tons of weapons into Nigeria, though, and money to build countless number of homes on illegal land faster than they're taken down..

One would've hoped Eastern Nigeria gunmen would be too economy stricken to finance ammunitions and enforce Sit@ Homes' and terrorists up North too strapped for cash to finance bombs and too hungry to attack famers in "Starving Nigeria"!
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Draslo(m): 8:40am On Jul 10
ChybuzzDD:

Crazy, but failed attempt to divert attention and blames from the old, clueless calamity you voted in on ethnoreligious sentiments.
Hypocrite
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by bisqit: 8:53am On Jul 10
Crafteck1:

Location is key, a lot of them closed down in recent years, there are 3 types of locations, A, b, c... Will explain if enough people want to know more.
I hear they are franchise restaurants

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Make Healthy Vegetables Egg Sauce With Unripe Plantains (Photos, Video) / Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef / What Is The Botanical/english Name Of Zobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.