Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected (21111 Views)

President Trump Pledges Orderly Transition On January 20 / Nana Akufo-Addo Re-elected As Ghana's President / Noor bin Ladin Says Trump 'Must Be Re-Elected' To Prevent Another 9/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by God1000(m): 3:30pm On Jun 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Ki36FdpmY

This marks an unexpected shift from the Republican known for his tough stance on immigration.

Former United States President Donald Trump has said, if re-elected, he would automatically grant green cards to foreign graduates of US colleges.

This marks an unexpected shift from the Republican known for his tough stance on immigration.

During a podcast interview with Silicon Valley tech investors on Thursday, Trump promised to simplify the process of bringing talent to the US, Al Jazeera reports

He also stated that anyone graduating from a US college should be allowed to stay in the country.

While speaking on the All-In Podcast, hosted by Chamath Palihapitiya, Jason Calacanis, David Sacks, and David Friedberg, Trump said, “It’s so sad when we lose people from Harvard, MIT, the greatest schools, and lesser schools that are phenomenal schools also.

I think you should get, automatically, as part of your diploma, a green card to be able to stay in this country and that includes junior colleges, too.”

A green card grants individuals the privilege of permanent residence and employment in the United States, with a potential route to citizenship.

Trump's plan, which could lead to a significant increase of hundreds of thousands of citizenship applications annually, represents a notable shift away from his previously strict stance on immigration that defined his political ascent in the Republican Party.

Trump, who has previously made inflammatory remarks about migrants, has vowed to carry out the largest mass deportation of undocumented immigrants in US history if he wins the November election.

He has consistently criticized President Joe Biden, his Democratic opponent, for being lenient on immigration.

At a campaign rally in Wisconsin on Tuesday, Trump lambasted a new program introduced by Biden, which enables undocumented spouses of US citizens to apply for permanent residency without having to depart the country.

Trump said, “Our country is under invasion. We should not be talking amnesty, we should be talking about stopping the invasion instead.”

Approximately 11 million undocumented immigrants are residing in the United States without legal status, according to estimates provided by the Department of Homeland Security.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/06/21/trump-pledges-green-cards-foreign-graduates-us-college-if-re-elected#:~:text=Former%20United%20States%20President%20Donald,his%20tough%20stance%20on%20immigration.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by God1000(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21
Why is he making a U-turn now, no more mass deportation.

Donald trump is unstable, he will say something today and contradicts himself tomorrow, maybe the fear of losing election is setting in

311 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Boogyman557: 4:21pm On Jun 21
Holly Gram cool I know no y i just like dis trump.

The kind rain way de fall here.

Naso my PREEK just de STAND ATTENTION.

I de prepare to jazz in ASHAWO house like dis but make i smoke WEED finish first .

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by drips8(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21
Lmao. He just changed his tune after the backlash.

The green card thing will just be Asians and a few non-Asians and Latin Americans "replacing" the Americans.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by 0001Lagos: 5:09pm On Jun 21
On my way to US

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by obontami: 5:10pm On Jun 21
grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Elephs: 5:10pm On Jun 21
Good
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by omowolewa: 5:10pm On Jun 21
Entering college will be difficult niyen

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by CheedyJ(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21
Yimu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by 99thEnemy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21
grin
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by bcomputer101: 5:11pm On Jun 21
Running to ojota garage to pick the next available bike to USA grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by majesticguy: 5:12pm On Jun 21
All this one is just to secure people's votes, after election and if he eventually wins, watch him change his mind again, they play.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by 10thTenthMan: 5:12pm On Jun 21
God1000:

Donald trump is unstable, he will say something today and contradicts himself tomorrow, maybe the fear of losing election is setting in

Personally, I don’t fancy him either. Neither do I like Joe. Most of us who prefer Texas (Cypress specifically) have seen some of the challenges of mass uncontrolled illegal Imigration, even when we are far away from the main border crossing points.

But let us speak the truth about him, Trump. He has always been against ILLEGAL IMIGRATION. ILEGAL. Not the legal kind. ILLEGAL.

Students are Legal in the US. They have legal status/right to temporary stay to study and complete their programs. After studying is where the problem is. And this is what he is bringing closure to.

Anyway from this move, he is trying to appeal to the pro Imigration liberal/left wing. However, I do not personally see it as a smart move. The students themselves cannot vote. Only their relatives who are legal and qualified to vote in the US can vote for him on this ground. Additionally, Joe Biden can easily do the same and even more. This will not give him the much edge that he seeks.

Additionally, this will only imply that only those who can contribute significantly to the US economy and who have been integrated into the system for 3-6 years have the opportunity for the green card. Many people (including Nigerians) will seriously seek admission into 3-4 years courses in the US if he becomes president. A course that will end before the next election of 2028.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by BigDawsNet: 5:12pm On Jun 21
Nice 1

You need more of this for people to vote for you
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Anguldi(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21
Badman wan win tongue

Vawulence don't solve when zip holds your penis skin cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by wiseoneking: 5:13pm On Jun 21
God1000:

Mass deportation still stand , Foreign US graduate are just less than 2% of people he wants to deport. Get ready

12 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21
Most people dont read.

Do you need data to read?

Undocumented immigrant will be deported.
Documented immigrant will be given green card.

He did not make a u turn.

He only did what is supposed to be.

You cant pass libya or mexico into usa.
Most of you are terrorist, jihadist or gangs.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21
drips8:
Lmao. He just changed his tune after the backlash.

The green card thing will just be Asians and a few non-Asians and Latin Americans "replacing" the Americans.

Kindly explain ‘replacing’
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by mellewo: 5:14pm On Jun 21
This is what UK has been doing.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by femi4: 5:14pm On Jun 21
God1000:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/06/21/trump-pledges-green-cards-foreign-graduates-us-college-if-re-elected#:~:text=Former%20United%20States%20President%20Donald,his%20tough%20stance%20on%20immigration.
scam
Coming from somebody that promised "American First" ahead of merit

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by CastedNairaland: 5:14pm On Jun 21
🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by bayelsaowei(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21
Oboy ehhh
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by dododawa1: 5:15pm On Jun 21
I hate POlITICIANS

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scam

Trump will say anything to win, even when racism is written on his forehead.

Same one that wants to abolish birthright citizenship, is same one talking about green card for graduates🤣🤣🤣

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by captainbangz: 5:16pm On Jun 21
I hope this will apply to post graduate schools too.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by ATEAMS: 5:16pm On Jun 21
Vote buying and bribery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by AbujaCitiBlog: 5:16pm On Jun 21
God1000:

As usual most people here are responding like dullards. This is a master stroke. He is encouraging the best brains to become Us citizens, stay back in the US and make the US even greater. He is talking about University graduates. Imagine the best brains all over the world becoming US citizens!

When I tell una say Trump na Baba, una no go hear!

The man is way smarter than that dullard Joe Biden!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Qadaffi2idiamin: 5:16pm On Jun 21
Trump my guy
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by GreenxGreen: 5:16pm On Jun 21
grin

Oyaaaa !!! Everyone Rush for School Admission in the USA ......

Trump is in future do Green Card giveaway grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by DUNDEEmoderatos: 5:16pm On Jun 21
0001Lagos:
On my way to US
Make Trump dey decisive you! He will make getting student visa very hard to get, harder than it used to be.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger / Ghana Deploys 205 Troops To Gambia / Nana Akufo-Addo Re-elected As Ghana's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.