Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,837 members, 7,915,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:48 PM

Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected (21583 Views)

President Trump Pledges Orderly Transition On January 20 / Nana Akufo-Addo Re-elected As Ghana's President / Noor bin Ladin Says Trump 'Must Be Re-Elected' To Prevent Another 9/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by t2luv1: 9:18pm On Jun 21
10thTenthMan:

Personally, I don’t fancy him either. Neither do I like Joe. Most of us who prefer Texas (Cypress specifically) have seen some of the challenges of mass uncontrolled illegal Imigration, even when we are far away from the main border crossing points.

But let us speak the truth about him, Trump. He has always been against ILLEGAL IMIGRATION. ILEGAL. Not the legal kind. ILLEGAL.

Students are Legal in the US. They have legal status/right to temporary stay to study and complete their programs. After studying is where the problem is. And this is what he is bringing closure to.

Anyway from this move, he is trying to appeal to the pro Imigration liberal/left wing. However, I do not personally see it as a smart move. The students themselves cannot vote. Only their relatives who are legal and qualified to vote in the US can vote for him on this ground. Additionally, Joe Biden can easily do the same and even more. This will not give him the much edge that he seeks.

Additionally, this will only imply that only those who can contribute significantly to the US economy and who have been integrated into the system for 3-6 years have the opportunity for the green card. Many people (including Nigerians) will seriously seek admission into 3-4 years courses in the US if he becomes president. A course that will end before the next election of 2028.

Enough of the gibberish partner. Trump told y'all he is not with anyone from the sh*thole countries,
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Harrynight(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21
God1000:
Why is he making a U-turn now, no more mass deportation.

Donald trump is unstable, he will say something today and contradicts himself tomorrow, maybe the fear of losing election is setting in

That's why he's a politician
That's how Nigerian politicians do
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by 10thTenthMan: 10:02pm On Jun 21
My signature is enough.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by cardoctor(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21
Odiegwu. Someone who wants to build 100 foot wall dividing Africa from the United States of America.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by 10thTenthMan: 10:04pm On Jun 21
t2luv1:

Enough of the gibberish partner. Trump told y'all he is not with anyone from the sh*thole countries,

Good for him. I really don’t care. He has expressed himself. I have expressed myself. Neither do I care about people not being able to comprehend English Language or not being educated and/or enlightened enough to understand what they read. A lot of people don’t, and it is okay. A lot of people come from disturbed, abusive, negative, broken homes and upbringing with abusive step mothers, where their entire family failed in their upbringing and development of their intelligence. Their instinctive response to anything is negativity, rudeness,insolence, etc.
And that is okay too. It is fine.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by ojonugba2014(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21
Believe this man at your own peril
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:12pm On Jun 21
God1000:

Donald trump is unstable, he will say something today and contradicts himself tomorrow, maybe the fear of losing election is setting in

U dey mind am... really for votes
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 11:15pm On Jun 21
God1000:

Be wise, the mass deportation was for muhammedians na.

It is clear from the exert of his speech.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by harmony75: 12:55am On Jun 22
Because you want to be re-elected after he's in he will deport people he has said it before!
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by ogbonti: 2:00am On Jun 22
Eriokanmi:
I visit America all the time, I just came back sef. They're not praying he comes back. Only some traditional whites are rooting for him . Biden said he's considering giving anyone who has married American citizens and had lived for 10 years with them a green card. I know Biden can do this but trump, he can't be trusted.

I have lived in America for almost 30 years - who are the "THEY" you are referring to above? - just because your host who is an illiterate Nigerian taxi driver running an African store part time with his fellow "stuck-in African community Nigerian losers" DO NOT wish Trump win does not mean that is the view of most Americans - google is your friend- check the current presidential polls --- The "THEY" you are referring to are surely not among the millions who voted for him to clinch the republican ticket - this year

just because you visit "Nigeria in America" dead beat neighborhood in the USA - then you think you know America --- nansense angry
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Thereishel: 2:43am On Jun 22
Believe him at your own peril liar
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Iamzik: 2:44am On Jun 22
God1000:

Learn to read before rushing to make comments.

Illegal migrant is different from someone who has a student visa. Illegals will still be deported because they entered the country illegally
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Iamzik: 2:51am On Jun 22
ogbonti:

I have lived in America for almost 30 years - who are the "THEY" you are referring to above? - just because your host who is an illiterate Nigerian taxi driver running an African store part time with his fellow "stuck-in African community Nigerian losers" DO NOT wish Trump win does not mean that is the view of most Americans - google is your friend- check the current presidential polls --- The "THEY" you are referring to are surely not among the millions who voted for him to clinch the republican ticket - this year

just because you visit "Nigeria in America" dead beat neighborhood in the USA - then you think you know America --- nansense angry

Don't mind that eriokanmi

Trump is beating biden is every poll Including democrat swing states and among blacks and Hispanics.
Boden messed up with his leftist policies and he's not in the best state of mind to rule for another 4 years.

The odds are in favour of a trump second term despite all the indictment he keep raising more money and increasing in popularity. Dems screwed themselves on this one with high inflation, has price and open southern border
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Emmanuel909090: 4:51am On Jun 22
Nice
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Starhearts: 5:18am On Jun 22
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I know no y i just like dis trump.

The kind rain way de fall here.

Naso my PREEK just de STAND ATTENTION.

I de prepare to jazz in ASHAWO house like dis but make i smoke WEED finish first .

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Welcome back.
I Don missed u here

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Boogyman557: 5:22am On Jun 22
Starhearts:

Welcome back.
I Don missed u here
Holly Gram cool I never left bro.

Check my previous comment. Na u way no come online oo..

Although i was arrested wen coming back from ASHAWO house but dat na last month and na just one week i spend for jail.

Nice seeing u man.

WTF MAN!
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Goldenxtim: 5:57am On Jun 22
God1000:

you don't get it..he's not making a U-turn ...rather he's showing you what a wise and smart man he is ..

he will rather give green cards to foreign graduates than keep illegal migrants cos he wants the best minds to stay in America. .
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Eriokanmi: 8:24am On Jun 22
ogbonti:

You don't have to be embittered by this naw. You can still air your opinion without being sarcastic. Wetin dey worry you?

So you know my host is a taxi driver cum cart pusher right? grin. You must be high on something cheap lol, for saying that. Empty barrel makes the loudest noise. You can't wear the shoes of any of my American business partners, to say the least. Do you even have to live in America to know the goings on, this day and age? Your comment says it all, about who you are.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Laurene: 8:56am On Jun 22
LordReed:

It is what is called a dog whistle, you are not supposed to hear the silent part. And the silent part is, if you aren't "white" you aren't wanted, illegal or legal.
You Nigerians are funny... You lack moral compass to be an arbiter.
You guys wouldn't accept other tribes.

BTW it's more of virtue-signalling than dog-whistle... It's very common in politics.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Laurene: 8:59am On Jun 22
ojonugba2014:
Believe this man at your own peril
Nobody would be believe you either because you're a nonentity
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Laurene: 9:00am On Jun 22
Eriokanmi:
I visit America all the time, I just came back sef. They're not praying he comes back. Only some traditional whites are rooting for him . Biden said he's considering giving anyone who has married American citizens and had lived for 10 years with them a green card. I know Biden can do this but trump, he can't be trusted.
They? Who exactly is they?
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Starhearts: 9:01am On Jun 22
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I never left bro.

Check my previous comment. Na u way no come online oo..

Although i was arrested wen coming back from ASHAWO house but dat na last month and na just one week i spend for jail.

Nice seeing u man.

WTF MAN!

Please don't go to ashawo House again.
Find one woman join body
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Laurene: 9:01am On Jun 22
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Exactly 💯. I was your trip? I live here in Texas, like you said only traditional whites wants him.
Not true... His support is diverse also among Hispanics
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Laurene: 9:03am On Jun 22
10thTenthMan:

Well, the “Dog Whistle” might be true.

However, when we take the foreign student population and break them into major races, Africans Students still have some chance. Of course we know that admissions to US colleges are typically skewed against African Students (Nigerians especially) and in favour of Asians and Europeans. So in this regard the “Dog Whistle” applies.

Personally, he won’t fool me with this. While I am conservative, I would have voted for some other Democrat over Trump. But definitely not Biden. We await the sentencing for his cases in court and see how these will affect his race. Personally with Joe Biden’s son battling with the courts and Biden mentioning his desire not to interfere, I feel they are cooking something for Trump and Biden will be like “don’t look at me! I didn’t even interfere in my own Son’s trial”!

Your thoughts if you have the time.

You're not conservative if you're thinking of voting for democrats at all... They're all hard left so what conservative part of them do you like?

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Laurene: 9:04am On Jun 22
10thTenthMan:

Well, the “Dog Whistle” might be true.

However, when we take the foreign student population and break them into major races, Africans Students still have some chance. Of course we know that admissions to US colleges are typically skewed against African Students (Nigerians especially) and in favour of Asians and Europeans. So in this regard the “Dog Whistle” applies.

Personally, he won’t fool me with this. While I am conservative, I would have voted for some other Democrat over Trump. But definitely not Biden. We await the sentencing for his cases in court and see how these will affect his race. Personally with Joe Biden’s son battling with the courts and Biden mentioning his desire not to interfere, I feel they are cooking something for Trump and Biden will be like “don’t look at me! I didn’t even interfere in my own Son’s trial”!

Your thoughts if you have the time.

Besides... If the New York judge tries to send Trump to prison over this nonsense then the Supreme Court would have no choice but to intervene and stay it.

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Boogyman557: 9:38am On Jun 22
Starhearts:

Please don't go to ashawo House again.
Find one woman join body
Holly Gram cool

Okay man

WTF MAN!
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Psoul(m): 11:46am On Jun 22
Trump my man

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by October1960: 12:59pm On Jun 22
As usual he is telling lies hoping to get the immigrants that are citizens to
Vote for him.

He is an habitual liar that only care about himself.

Any half smart person knows their agenda is a return to the legally racist periods of the USA.

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by ogbonti: 1:28pm On Jun 22
Eriokanmi:
You don't have to be embittered by this naw. You can still air your opinion without being sarcastic. Wetin dey worry you?

So you know my host is a taxi driver cum cart pusher right? grin. You must be high on something cheap lol, for saying that. Empty barrel makes the loudest noise. You can't wear the shoes of any of my American business partners, to say the least. Do you even have to live in America to know the goings on, this day and age? Your comment says it all, about who you are.

yes i agree with you, you probably didnt come here - you read some crazy opinion online by liberal journalist and you concluded that Americans dont want Trump - we who live here who get pummeled by excess inflation everyday due to Biden’s economy cant wait to vote him out
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by ogbonti: 1:48pm On Jun 22
Laurene:
Not true... His support is diverse also among Hispanics

dont mind him - thats how know nigerians who didnt venture out of their nigerian community slums - they dont read the polls, they watch only local news of Harris County and CNN
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by panafrican(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22
Green cards for Norwegians, Blue eyed Finnish , Germans, Danish and Ukrainians, Scandinavians , not for Africans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / War On Gaza: Israeli Protesters Demand Netanyahu’s Resignation / Biden To Netanyahu: ‘we Won’t Be Able To Support You’ If You Don’t Change Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.