Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:55 AM

Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected (21247 Views)

President Trump Pledges Orderly Transition On January 20 / Nana Akufo-Addo Re-elected As Ghana's President / Noor bin Ladin Says Trump 'Must Be Re-Elected' To Prevent Another 9/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Eriokanmi: 5:17pm On Jun 21
God1000:
Why is he making a U-turn now, no more mass deportation.

Donald trump is unstable, he will say something today and contradicts himself tomorrow, maybe the fear of losing election is setting in

Don't mind him. He's actually going to do otherwise, if re-elected. He knew his harsh immigration policy contributed to his election loss, as if his parents too weren't beneficiary of it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21
That's Cool, meanwhile you can trust Trump with his words.

He's talk and do.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by DUNDEEmoderatos: 5:20pm On Jun 21
AbujaCitiBlog:
As usual most people here are responding like dullards. This is a master stroke. He is encouraging the best brains to become Us citizens, stay back in the US and make the US even greater. He is talking about University graduates. Imagine the best brains all over the world becoming US citizens!

When I tell una say Trump na Baba, una no go hear!

The man is way smarter than that dullard Joe Biden!
This one is in Nigeria foaming from his mouth. Is it now he realizes that the best brains should come to America? Somebody is making political promise because he needs vote more than ever . If he wins he will now make getting student visa almost impossible...dey there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by DUNDEEmoderatos: 5:21pm On Jun 21
INTEGRITYA1:
That's Cool, meanwhile you can trust Trump with his words.

He's talk and do.
Till today we don't have the boarder wall he promised.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Squirrel1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21
Don't trust politicians - George owell

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Padipadi: 5:21pm On Jun 21
God1000:

Donald trump is unstable, he will say something today and contradicts himself tomorrow, maybe the fear of losing election is setting in

He's a mumuman.

1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by DUNDEEmoderatos: 5:22pm On Jun 21
Eriokanmi:
Don't mind him. He's actually going to do otherwise, if re-elected. He knew his harsh immigration policy contributed to his election loss, as if his parents weren't beneficiary of it
Trust a lot of people here who cannot think deep already rejoicing.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by rajiedreez: 5:22pm On Jun 21
Scam Alert!!!
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by chipet67(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21
10thTenthMan:

Personally, I don’t fancy him either.

But let us speak the truth about him. He has always been against ILLEGAL IMIGRATION. ILEGAL. Not the legal kind. ILLEGAL.

Students are Legal in the US. They have legal status/right to temporary stay to study and complete their programs. After studying is where the problem is.

Anyway from this move, he is trying to appeal to the pro Imigration liberal/left wing. However, I do not personally see it as a smart move. The students themselves cannot vote. Only their relatives who are legal and qualified to vote in the US can vote for him on this ground. Additionally, Joe Biden can easily do the same and even more. This will not give him the much edge that he seeks.

Additionally, this will only imply that only those who can contribute significantly to the US economy and who have been integrated into the system for 3-6 years have the opportunity for the green card. Many people (including Nigerians) will seriously seek admission into 3-4 years courses in the US if he becomes president. A course that will end before the next election of 2028.
He is too daft to understand this
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21
10thTenthMan:

Personally, I don’t fancy him either.

But let us speak the truth about him. He has always been against ILLEGAL IMIGRATION. ILEGAL. Not the legal kind. ILLEGAL.

Students are Legal in the US. They have legal status/right to temporary stay to study and complete their programs. After studying is where the problem is.

Anyway from this move, he is trying to appeal to the pro Imigration liberal/left wing. However, I do not personally see it as a smart move. The students themselves cannot vote. Only their relatives who are legal and qualified to vote in the US can vote for him on this ground. Additionally, Joe Biden can easily do the same and even more. This will not give him the much edge that he seeks.

Additionally, this will only imply that only those who can contribute significantly to the US economy and who have been integrated into the system for 3-6 years have the opportunity for the green card. Many people (including Nigerians) will seriously seek admission into 3-4 years courses in the US if he becomes president. A course that will end before the next election of 2028.

It is what is called a dog whistle, you are not supposed to hear the silent part. And the silent part is, if you aren't "white" you aren't wanted, illegal or legal.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Moniya4Real(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21
To an average gullible reader, who can’t read between the lines- “he just changed tone” but for discerning readers- “Trump still put America first by offering green-card to the best non-American students brains.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Till today we don't have the boarder wall he promised.

Which of the border wall, didn't he made efforts via go fund me and started the project?

Most likely he could have gone far if he didn't lose back then despite criticism from some quarters.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Eriokanmi: 5:26pm On Jun 21
DUNDEEmoderatos:

Trust a lot of people here who cannot think deep already rejoicing.
I visit America all the time, I just came back sef. They're not praying he comes back. Only some traditional whites are rooting for him . Biden said he's considering giving anyone who has married American citizens and had lived for 10 years with them a green card. I know Biden can do this but trump, he can't be trusted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by DUNDEEmoderatos: 5:30pm On Jun 21
Eriokanmi:
I visit America all the time, I just came back sef. They're not praying he comes back. Only some traditional whites are rooting for him . Biden said he's considering giving anyone who has married American citizens and had lived for 10 years with them a green card. I know Biden can do this but trump, he can't be trusted.
Exactly 💯. I was your trip? I live here in Texas, like you said only traditional whites wants him.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Antoeni(m): 5:31pm On Jun 21
Don't take his Words for Granted
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by DUNDEEmoderatos: 5:32pm On Jun 21
INTEGRITYA1:

Which of the border wall, didn't he made efforts via go fund me and started the project?

Most likely he could have gone far if he didn't lose back then despite criticism from some quarters.
LoL Oga if I stretch my neck from my office na the wall I dey see. Trump did not build any wall he only reenforced and re built the existing ones.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by 10thTenthMan: 5:34pm On Jun 21
LordReed:

It is what is called a dog whistle, you are not supposed to hear the silent part. And the silent part is, if you aren't "white" you aren't wanted, illegal or legal.

Well, the “Dog Whistle” might be true.

However, when we take the foreign student population and break them into major races, Africans Students still have some chance. Of course we know that admissions to US colleges are typically skewed against African Students (Nigerians especially) and in favour of Asians and Europeans. So in this regard the “Dog Whistle” applies.

Personally, he won’t fool me with this. While I am conservative, I would have voted for some other Democrat over Trump. But definitely not Biden. We await the sentencing for his cases in court and see how these will affect his race. Personally with Joe Biden’s son battling with the courts and Biden mentioning his desire not to interfere, I feel they are cooking something for Trump and Biden will be like “don’t look at me! I didn’t even interfere in my own Son’s trial”!

Your thoughts if you have the time.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Akinpresident: 5:36pm On Jun 21
God1000:

He said those without legal documentation will be deported. Those who graduated from schools will be retained.

Isn't that brilliant?

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by oluxy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21
God1000:

He's not.
Read it wella.
There's different between undocumented immigrants and losing potential with brains and ideas who studied at MIT etc, the need green card to stay and be part of the team who will further build on the existing ideas of America not undocumented immigrants.

He's not u-turning from his previous comments

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by RepoMan007: 5:39pm On Jun 21
That's a win for America. Give skilled hands chance to be productive and boost GDP instead of just about any hands from Mexico.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by jersey4: 5:40pm On Jun 21
Desperation to get young voters,who traditionally align with Democrats.

1 Like

Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Bonapart(m): 5:43pm On Jun 21
God1000:

you don't have sense and probably blind by constantly heating your head on the ground in the name of religion
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by bluefilm: 5:44pm On Jun 21
Trump's the man!

Make America great again

Let's go!
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by aywagze(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21
Believe a politician at your own risk ..🤔
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by israelmao(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21
The second coming Trump.Democrats has failed at all fronts to stop him from being in presidential election contest.
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Cmanforall: 5:47pm On Jun 21
God1000:

Deportation may be for illegal immigrants

But students are not illegal, moreover if they graduate and work in the Dtates, they'll contribute to the economy
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by israelmao(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21
Padipadi:
He's a mumuman.
Transfiguration or Transformation?
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by RickyJesus: 5:53pm On Jun 21
God1000:

He is a stable genius cheesy cheesy
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by Maski87: 5:54pm On Jun 21
FAKE NEWS
Re: Trump Pledges Green Cards For Foreign Graduates Of US College If Re-elected by AbujaCitiBlog: 5:54pm On Jun 21
DUNDEEmoderatos:

This one is in Nigeria foaming from his mouth. Is it now he realizes that the best brains should come to America? Somebody is making political promise because he needs vote more than ever . If he wins he will now make getting student visa almost impossible...dey there.
Keep quiet there! You must think everybody reneges on their promises like APC! Trump will do exactly as he says.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7.6 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Japan As Country Braces For 16Ft Tsunami / Boy Carrying Toy Gun Killed By Police / US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.