Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost (15873 Views)

FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters / FG Increases Prices Of Electricity Meters / NERC: Nigerians To Pay N36,000 And N67,000 For Electricity Meters (2) (3) (4)

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Harrynight(m): 9:37pm On Jun 21
Thomthom:
So how do I apply now??

DEY PLAY
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Angelfrost(m): 9:38pm On Jun 21
More money to share...!

Zero cost my foot!
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Harrynight(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21
CelestineNelson:
Who will Nigerians contact if, at the consumer level, one stupid man starts charging them 60k again?

Do you believe NEPA staff will just come and install metre for you Free of Charge just because it is said to be free on the news?
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by jumpandpas(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21
Hezzyluv:
N21bn naira meters for free??
Nah...... you would have to pay it stylishly each time you recharge grin

No be only free. 20yrs time you never get any shishi meter.
This money will be looted. Mark my word
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Meteng: 9:39pm On Jun 21
immortalcrown:
NEPA go still charge for the meter.
Very true o. That talk no concern PHED for here o. N150k for single phase, N200k+ for three phase
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by jumpandpas(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21
Harrynight:

Do you believe NEPA staff will just come and install metre for you Free of Charge just because it is said to be free on the news?

Even the palliative given to poor Nigerians didn't get to them let alone free meter.

Believe this at your peril.

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by saveman91(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21
I rather use solar than all this gra gra even pH will still collect cash
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by cardoctor(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21
Here we go again.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Boyjaco: 9:46pm On Jun 21
immortalcrown:
NEPA go still charge for the meter.

i swear nepa go this meter for free
masses go gat pay
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by phemray(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21
happney65:
All these are still nonesense. We don't need all these. Let the government do true privatizion of the sector and not all these nonesense

I can't imagine government buying phones for us because we want to talk. No

As long as government doesn't buy phone for anybody,let everyone buy their metres themselves. Buying prepaid metres for customers is another avenue for stealing and nothing else.

Remove all government burecreacy and let true private individuals invest in the sector and fix prices themselves and see how the sector will grow not these nonesense we are doing and deceiving ourselves

Lolz, very soon you will tell them not to do anything at all.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by omoadeleye(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21
happney65:
All these are still nonesense. We don't need all these. Let the government do true privatizion of the sector and not all these nonesense

As long as government doesn't buy phone for anybody,let everyone buy their metres themselves. Buying prepaid metres for customers is another avenue for stealing and nothing else.

Remove all government burecreacy and let true private individuals invest in the sector and fix prices themselves and see how the sector will grow not these nonesense we are doing and deceiving ourselves

Till what you are supposed to get for 10 naira is being sold for 1000 naira for you ba?

Sheybe you wise pass the government na
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by UnknownT: 9:47pm On Jun 21
Lol. 21 billion for band where 98% of it's customer population are already metered. Taking BEDC for example, 95% of her band A customers are MD(Maximum Demand) customers and are all metered (either whole current or CT-operated meters).

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Mrford(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21
So only band A people are in Nigeria. Why not share to all. They are here riping us off with estimated bill.

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by EdiskyHarry: 9:49pm On Jun 21
I no longer take anything serious from APC government
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by UnknownT: 9:50pm On Jun 21
Harrynight:

it is actually not NEPA that install meters. The MAP contractors are 3rd party companies and not Disco workers
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by VanuatuWycombe: 9:50pm On Jun 21
Why for Band A? Why not for the un-metered?

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Deltafirstson(m): 9:52pm On Jun 21
Please where to apply oo
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by PUNANI01: 9:53pm On Jun 21
And una wan us to be happy! See, its for you people (investment) to reap people. Why not pay for the bills people will incur
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Harrynight(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21
UnknownT:
it is actually not NEPA that install meters. The MAP contractors are 3rd party companies and not Disco workers

Well but we understood them to be NEPA since individual can't just goan buy metre and install
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Eriokanmi: 9:56pm On Jun 21
That's what they said in the past and I still paid for my meter

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Yankee101: 9:56pm On Jun 21
They approved billions during buhari
And billions now
They love taking Nigerians for a ride
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by appliedscience(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21
Nigerians sef.... We just must complain..... When they weren't sharing any meter... Where dey not stealing the money? How many of dem u Don arrest for stealing... Let them spend the money on meter n share the fucking thing... We stil dey complain......
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by happney65: 10:00pm On Jun 21
badoh:

You're not making sense. How many people can afford the prepaid meters at the current price? People have been agitating that government should distribute prepaid meters free of charge so that estimated billings could stop, now govt is planning to do it and you're still blaming govt, who do you people like this, are you okay at all?

The people they want to give free prepaid are those on Band A. I guess you didn't read it that well so they are people that can afford to buy prepaid metres. Infact most of them before now get prepaid metres sef.

As much as I am not a Fan of this government,I am just saying the truth. Let all subsidies in the Power sector be removed for it to truly grow. All these won't make the sector grow

Do the government give you free phones ? Do they recharge data or airtime for you?

Let the government hands off totally and get new investors who will invest in infrastructure and all sorts in the sector and fix pricing themselves then we will have light

Because no matter what they fix as charges,it can't be as expensive as running fuel 247 all around the clock

Other smaller African countries get light, it is a monster here because our government are so greedy and not ready to do the right thing
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Deefirm: 10:02pm On Jun 21
Criminals!!!!! Meter they're charging us 143k for....

dre11:
* Ikeja, Abuja Discos get lion’s share of funds

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/06/21/nerc-approves-n21bn-for-procurement-of-electricity-meters-at-zero-cost-to-nigerians/
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Bimpe29: 10:09pm On Jun 21
Eeewoooo!

AM I DREAMING OR WHAT IS THIS NEWS ALL ABOUT?
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by IbnB: 10:10pm On Jun 21
dre11:
* Ikeja, Abuja Discos get lion’s share of funds

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/06/21/nerc-approves-n21bn-for-procurement-of-electricity-meters-at-zero-cost-to-nigerians/

Scam

People wey go chop that money done dey price condo for New York already cheesy

Nobody is getting any meters for free, y'all are still gonna pay through your fūcking noses

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Abee79(m): 10:11pm On Jun 21
I bet on my left shoe that AEDC will find a way of making money from the meters 😞💔💔

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Paraman: 10:19pm On Jun 21
NairalandForumo:
I hope we get our own prepaid meter this time free of charge

So 21 billion could solve prepaid meter issues nationwide and yet they used 21 billion to renovate Shettima's house
It's just for some people on Band A alone.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:24pm On Jun 21
Dey will still sell it

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by adenigga(m): 10:32pm On Jun 21
Antoeni:
Everything in Nigeria Has Reduced In Quality, Even Electricity No Dey Shock Like BEFORE
Correct!........

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by williams85(m): 10:34pm On Jun 21
happney65:

This is an avenue to embezzle funds. Is this not the same scam Buhari did during his tenure by procuring post-paid metres that are now obsolete ?
This move is dead on arrival....

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by descarado: 10:36pm On Jun 21
Every minister does this.
Yest no meter.

Smh

Sudan Deports 400 Nigerians / FRSC Closes Lokoja-abuja Highway For Road Users Safety / Fayose & Wife Celebrate 28th Wedding Anniversary