Stats: 3,184,241 members, 7,923,200 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:17 PM

NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost (16106 Views)

FG Increases Price Of Electricity Meters / FG Increases Prices Of Electricity Meters / TSA: Reps Uncover N21bn, $104.46m Undeclared Funds In 2 Banks (2) (3) (4)

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Okoroawusa: 10:37pm On Jun 21
The Disco officials will still find a way to make money from it. No be Nigerians again? After the same official will be telling you how corrupt elected officials are.

Every Nigerian is corrupt. Yes! Including you reading this comment...
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Kokomaster69: 10:37pm On Jun 21
Another avenue for stealing.
Government of the thieves, by the thieves and for the thieves.

Nigeria we hail thee
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by NwaliE01: 10:40pm On Jun 21
happney65:
All these are still nonesense. We don't need all these. Let the government do true privatizion of the sector and not all these nonesense

I can't imagine government buying phones for us because we want to talk. No

As long as government doesn't buy phone for anybody,let everyone buy their metres themselves. Buying prepaid metres for customers is another avenue for stealing and nothing else.

Remove all government burecreacy and let true private individuals invest in the sector and fix prices themselves and see how the sector will grow not these nonesense we are doing and deceiving ourselves

No part of the world where individuals/citizens purchase their prepaid/post paid meter except in Africa and customers don't get charged for it.

The government lack transparency, that's why they have the room to steal comfortably.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by blowjohn(m): 10:44pm On Jun 21
AI controlled meters.

5k recharge go finish under 2 hours grin grin grin

Why so they want to give us free meters?
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by OKEIYIOKODU: 10:46pm On Jun 21
dre11:
* Ikeja, Abuja Discos get lion’s share of funds

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/06/21/nerc-approves-n21bn-for-procurement-of-electricity-meters-at-zero-cost-to-nigerians/
Another free money for them,the money allocated for meters in the past had not been accounted for. Our government always committing the same blunder all the time.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by fabolouz1(m): 10:46pm On Jun 21
It's so easy to look money from Nigeria , why are we so unpatriotic ?
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Babinski: 11:00pm On Jun 21
happney65:
All these are still nonesense. We don't need all these. Let the government do true privatizion of the sector and not all these nonesense

As long as government doesn't buy phone for anybody,let everyone buy their metres themselves. Buying prepaid metres for customers is another avenue for stealing and nothing else.

Remove all government burecreacy and let true private individuals invest in the sector and fix prices themselves and see how the sector will grow not these nonesense we are doing and deceiving ourselves

The Discos do not want prepaid metering to work because estimates billing is better revenue wise for them. They can thus get customers to pay for their inefficiencies.

I agree with you that Government awarding contracts to buy prepaid meters for consumers is a waste of public funds. It is just an avenue to loot. All they just have to do is make a law that no consumer can be forced to pay for estimated billing again until the discos supply any prepaid meter the consumer has paid for. There hundreds of thousands of consumers that have paid for prepaid meters and the discos are yet to supply the meters and still charging them on estimated billing.

The Discos are in the electricity business for their own gain and not public good. It is the consumers that Government has a responsibility to protect and not the discos. If the people running the discos do not know the business, then let them fail and others take their place, not continue to waste public funds subsidizing private businesses.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by evangy69(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21
treatise:

They'd still charge 125k for a meter. The power mafia won't allow energy mMproficiency in Nigeria.

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by youngrichnigga: 11:31pm On Jun 21
Another banga grin grin grin
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by ONNYX: 11:42pm On Jun 21
happney65:

Your example here is flawed.

Do you buy the pumps at Fuel stations when you go to fuel your car?

In the era of estimated billing each transformer had a meter inbuilt.....customers don't pay for the meter.

Even when you go to buy frozen foods or any other weighed product you do not buy the scales used in serving you.

Think through this.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Sleekfingers: 11:58pm On Jun 21
Na for North most of the metres will end......
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Babastrong(m): 12:09am On Jun 22
Tooh
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by brightleave(m): 1:06am On Jun 22
E go soon be fake news
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Jeje247: 1:48am On Jun 22
Have home through more than 20 comments and no one seem to realise that this is for band A users..Una just read headline and start commenting
Well, I hope we don't end up looking for meter and money later
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by careidon: 2:08am On Jun 22
The public had always bought the meter in the past, yet it will not be made available after payment is the problem!

The first was the Credit Advancement Payment for Metering Implementation (CAPMI). NERC passed this regulation in 2013. A willing customer would pay the DisCo within its area for the procurement of meter. This will be repaid over time through deductions from their monthly bills. But owing to certain irregularities, NERC stopped it, re-introduced it, and then finally stopped it. In came MAPS in April 3rd, 2018 thru appointed 3rd party provider/companies. They failed at it again.
Oct. 2020, World Bank stepped in to provide $500m ($155m of it dedicated for meters) yet we still don't have. By 2023, NERC said a single-phase meter will now cost N81,975.16k, instead of the previous price of N58,661.69k. Similarly, three-phase meter was increased to N143,836.10k from N109,684.36k.

Since 2013 till now 2024 - still talking about same meters!!! are we to live all our lives not seeing Nigeria develop forever because of mindless policies?
it is a good idea to let the public buy it themselves and the lingering problem disappears.
If one can afford to build and furnish a house, buying meter yourself will not be an issue...it is cheaper than your AC or big generator na.
People are blaming govt because they are making it a big deal that it is not...

badoh:

You're not making sense. How many people can afford the prepaid meters at the current price? People have been agitating that government should distribute prepaid meters free of charge so that estimated billings could stop, now govt is planning to do it and you're still blaming govt, who do you people like this, are you okay at all?
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Alliswell248: 2:29am On Jun 22
happney65:

Talk is cheap

You can't avoid if 100 % privatization is done.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by aestake: 2:45am On Jun 22
Thomthom:
So how do I apply now??
by having a house first.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by zeyt: 3:33am On Jun 22
Talking about free meters for Band A customers then what bring third party ie MAP in the discussion. This is deliberate to confuse Nigerians. Nevertheless the funds is ablosuluetly meager. We pray the money are not source from recent loan acquired from WB ie $5 Bilion borrowed purportedly for the aquision of meters.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Chetas81(m): 3:46am On Jun 22
Inhealer:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kelly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXUoBGq2o_w?si=0Y7NPJXm9dPBvfYP

Access Bank
Kelly Monday
YOU GUYS KEEP FOOLING YOURSELF ACROSS NAIRALAND
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Thomthom(m): 4:15am On Jun 22
aestake:

by having a house first.
My house opening and my wife birthday is 30th of this month.. God has done that one for me already. I have registered with the BEDC in my area I just don't want one crazy estimated bill at the end of the month. If I see this prepaid I will be glad to have one
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by NwokoloOwa: 4:17am On Jun 22
What is so special about electricity meters? I can't really understand, every now and then, meter this, meter that. A very simple technology but we have made it a mystic.

Water management corporations and bodies all over the country install meters without noise and seamlessly. But "NEPA" meter na trouble and stories all the time. Tufiakwa!

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by aestake: 4:19am On Jun 22
Thomthom:
My house opening and my wife birthday is 30th of this month.. God has done that one for me already. I have registered with the BEDC in my area I just don't want one crazy estimated bill at the end of the month. If I see this prepaid I will be glad to have one
nice.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by MarketDispatch: 4:25am On Jun 22
dre11:
* Ikeja, Abuja Discos get lion’s share of funds

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/06/21/nerc-approves-n21bn-for-procurement-of-electricity-meters-at-zero-cost-to-nigerians/

Nigeria has now become a country where the government via (NERC) does not give a sheet about people that don't have money...they only care about people that have money (Band A Customers) ..just wondering what people in other discriminatory bands are supposed to do ...how will development come to the country
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by AFONJACOW(m): 5:06am On Jun 22
Inhealer:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kelly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXUoBGq2o_w?si=0Y7NPJXm9dPBvfYP

Access Bank
Kelly Monday
I have been seeing this message over 6 years now , Ur child never get the support since then
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by okechuks22: 5:09am On Jun 22
Useless set of corrupt idiots nobi today we start hearing this news
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Originalsly: 5:17am On Jun 22
happney65:

I agree ... the FG should not be involved in the operation of any business. Electricity should be controlled by the State .... not Government. The State ... like the FG should not be involved in the operation of any business. Electricity should be provided by the Private Sector .... but regulated by the State... as done abroad. Without regulations ... the companies will hold the masses to ransom. The State sets the price per Kwh... if it needs to be raised the State has to approve. This present matter.... Government providing free meters.... to measure what? The billions they're stealing spending should go providing more electricity. No doubt ... another avenue to loot.

Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by Tzar(m): 5:20am On Jun 22
Who is fooling who? Corrupt civil servants will still demand bribes to give the ‘free’ meters. These civil servants , their families & friends will still be the ones to complain about how the country is not working.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by sparko1(m): 5:37am On Jun 22
ATEAMS:
They invested...

Invested what?

It's has never been given free to anyone, this is just another way to hide 21billion.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by CHAQUR: 5:44am On Jun 22
This is to shut down the noise coming from the tariff band A customers and right activists over the tariff increment on the band. A government that is always working for the cabal at the detriment of the poor... Another ₦21b into the hands of the rich to massage their egos. Why not instruct/order all the DISCOs to meter all Nigerians within a space of time at a discount if not entirely for free...? Wouldn't that have served as a better palliative than the sharing within your party members that you tagged palliative. Let Nigerians (esp the poor, pay exactly what they consumed of electricity)... LET THE POOR BREATH.
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by bluebay(m): 5:46am On Jun 22
Same people selling the meter to the masses for huge price. Imagine telling people to pay 300k for the 3 face meter and 200k for just double face . Government need to probe them
Re: NERC Approves N21bn For Procurement Of Electricity Meters At Zero Cost by NJV: 6:18am On Jun 22
Antoeni:
Everything in Nigeria Has Reduced In Quality, Even Electricity No Dey Shock Like BEFORE
You're crazy grin

How Attorney-general Malami Stalled N5.7 Billion Corruption Case Against Former / Babatunde Raji Fashola Casts His Vote / Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59