Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,692 members, 7,892,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:05 PM

Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists (38910 Views)

Lagos Consumes N328 Billion Worth Of Beef Annually – Govt / The Bush Meats I Killed This Morning / 5 Unhealthy Meats You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by descarado: 8:28pm On Jun 26
malsnoop:
Meat na meat abeg
There are many way to get protein apart from meat.
An egg is actually better and more nutritional.
You are well grounded eating an egg everyday, then get small small protein from the beans family or mushroom.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by countryman13: 8:31pm On Jun 26
OZIOGU1:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/24/snake-donkey-meats-flood-calabar-markets-as-high-cost-of-beef-persists/
Chai these people are missing oooo! Una see snake meat chop n still complaining? I love snake meat die.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by adecz: 8:49pm On Jun 26
This is no news.😎😎😎

Donkey, horse and dog meat have
always been delicacies in the SE and
SS even before cow meat became expensive.

Who are they fooling❓❓❓
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Emdebby2: 9:03pm On Jun 26
God forbid bat thing 🙏
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by ShootThemAll(f): 9:03pm On Jun 26
APC and thieffnubuuu nah una do this one o... They will soon start eating human beings in 9ja soon. Shithole country!
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by DropsMic(m): 9:12pm On Jun 26
Creamypie:
I talk am say thing costly cos of produce checkpoints from local government to local government in south and east, but not in d north. We from southern parts of the country are wicked

Bleeping morön
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by pocohantas(f): 9:19pm On Jun 26
ItisWell22:
Snake??

Do they tell people buying it’s snake meat?

It is not sold by the regular butchers. Na mostly those women dey sell am. No, they don't tell you, but you go know say the meat no pure. Based on a near-experience in her sister state.

1 Like

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Jayhome24: 9:27pm On Jun 26
Alright pls for how long have we be telling govt in the South to ranch cows in massive proportion or encourage farmers to do it?

Snake meat, dog, frog meat, donkey meat infaact vulture meat go soon flood the market since the South forget to understand the North are in food warfare against the South simply the president in power not doing their biddings because they believe power must always be in the North and the South shoud be onlookers.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by crossbreedwears(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26
There are some parts of pork meat that looks like goat
or cow meat
Elsueno:
I can easily recognise Cow, RAM, goat, camel meat etc....These are the most common meat in the market, anything else that doesn't look like these, I won't buy

1 Like

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Bimpe29: 9:48pm On Jun 26
Nawa ooo
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by ItisWell22(f): 9:57pm On Jun 26
pocohantas:

It is not sold by the regular butchers. Na mostly those women dey sell am. No, they don't tell you, but you go know say the meat no pure. Based on a near-experience in her sister state.

Omooo… it’s well.

In other words, person gatz really work and walk with heightened instincts these days.

Everywhere dey red. 😢
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by jojothaiv(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26
Funny enough, we are facing the same demons here and folks over here who don't know Jack but rely on the media and whatnots will lump their mouths to say that Ruto is the next best thing after Tinubu.

We are watching closely.

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by pocohantas(f): 10:02pm On Jun 26
ItisWell22:

Omooo… it’s well.

In other words, person gatz really work and walk with heightened instincts these days.

Everywhere dey red. 😢

If you are not someone that eats "bush meat" or those roasted, brown, dry and/or excessively thick ponmo, then you are safe. They will never pass it off as beef in the main market. But if you just walk up to them and say you want to buy, they will sell give you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by koyeni(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26
Will our people learn? No. Come 2027, they will still vote foolishly. With the shege buhari showed us, anything called APC should have been voted out with anger
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Elsueno: 10:18pm On Jun 26
Sucolee:
bro,have you tasted cat meat b4? Pls try it nd thank me later

Nop bros, I love cats....but not like that grin....I think you should switch to rabbits waaaay better
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Joy2dworldxyz: 10:34pm On Jun 26
eliyke:
sad I think say dog na there favorite meat

Dog way never see food chop
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Elsueno: 10:38pm On Jun 26
crossbreedwears:
There are some parts of pork meat that looks like goat
or cow meat

Eager to learn, which parts are those?...

To me, these meats have very distinct smell?...It's especially hard to miss that of pork...its kinda unique.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by GenFunction: 10:52pm On Jun 26
leisuretym:
Innocent snakes
pls wat is innocent about a snake? no make me look u one kind o

1 Like

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by GenFunction: 10:55pm On Jun 26
descarado:

There are many way to get protein apart from meat.
An egg is actually better and more nutritional.
You are well grounded eating an egg everyday, then get small small protein from the beans family or mushroom.

because of meat taste many pple tink say meat na alpha protein.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by GenFunction: 11:01pm On Jun 26
Elsueno:

Nop bros, I love cats....but not like that grin....I think you should switch to rabbits waaaay better
Pls o i go advocate 4 bunnies abeg switch to camel

1 Like

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jun 26
OZIOGU1:
One Peter Eteng from Odukpani LGA said cow dealers from the northern states have complained that they spend, at least, N500,000 as charges and bribes at checkpoints from the northern states through many other illegal checkpoints in the state before they can offload in local markets and sell to cow dealers in the state.
“High costs of fuel and importantly extortions and taxes at the innumerable checkpoints within Cross River State have added to the reasons why prices of cows have gone up astronomically in the last few years.
“You cannot expect these cow merchants to sell at a loss. Likewise, you will not expect local dealers after buying at huge costs from the merchants, to sell at reduced prices.
“Our state government should intervene by banning too many checkpoints in many parts of the state, especially those ones which are illegal.”
They also lamented that prices of species of goats have also gone up, depriving them of other sources of protein as a result.
Given the problem with Fulani herders damaging farmlands and disregarding the livelihoods of people across the nation, I think this is a good idea actually. People need to wean themselves off their cattle and goats to help decrease the problem abeg! undecided

If say na for here, we go don boycott beef long time now, adopt and purchase meat from local sources instead. undecided
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Jun 26
Creamypie:
I talk am say thing costly cos of produce checkpoints from local government to local government in south and east, but not in d north. We from southern parts of the country are wicked
Are the cattle herders who destroy farmlands in the south and even go as far as kill farmers less wicked? Una for south suppose don boycott their meat for a long time now. How even at the local level, there is no unity to be found amazes me. There are so many other options as far as sources of meat --- snails, pigs, sheep, chicken, etc. Why depend so much on the very same people who have been terrorizing your local agricultural industry? No be brain damage be that? undecided
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Jun 26
OZIOGU1:
■Yea, conveying cows from north to south is very expensive
The damage the cattle and their herders inflict on your local agricultural industry as well as the many lives they are accused of taking along the way is not even more expensive a cost to pay all in order that you eat beef? Come one people's! Wake the fk up! undecided
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Jun 26
Caramia2020:
I pray that lizard n rat meat won't flood our market soon grin grin grin grin grin, this shege na shege banza.
You should be investigating those instead of continuing to feast on the same cattle that herders have used to end farms and lives all over the country. Nigerians across the nation ought to have boycotted their cattle and goats at this point in time. lipsrsealed

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Jun 26
Skoonheid:
∆ It appears majority of Nigerians have mud in their heads in place of brain matter, and also are despicable cowards who prefer to poke fun at very serious issues that are jeopardizing their very existence.
This Tinubu government intentionally using starvation of civilians as a method of "warfare" by depriving them of objects indispensable to their survival, constitutes a war crime in international law .
I am shocked that Nigerians, particularly the south have not boycotted Cattle meat and any other meat sold by the very same herders who are responsible for insecurity and decimation of farms across the country. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by ufotunang: 11:59pm On Jun 26
jetwonder:
grin grin grin
Wow! My sweet snake meat!
I dey come Calabar! I want chop snake pepper soup!!!
... remember COVID-19 🙄
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by ufotunang: 12:03am On Jun 27
Those horse, Snake, donkey meat can cause COVID 19 so be careful ..this is how china spread COVID 19 all over the world
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On Jun 27
ufotunang:
... remember COVID-19 🙄
Wetin concern COVID with snake meat? Do you even remember Fulani herdsmen who have terrorised your farmers even going as far as to kill off farmers when you have that meat primarily sourced from their same cattle and goats in front of you? Hasn't that meat done more harm than good to the people in Nigeria?! lipsrsealed
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by ufotunang: 12:10am On Jun 27
Kobojunkie:
Wetin concern COVID with snake meat? Do you even remember Fulani herdsmen who have terrorised your farmers even going as far as to kill off farmers when you have that meat primarily sourced from their same cattle and goats in front of you? Hasn't that meat done more harm than good to the people in Nigeria?! lipsrsealed
..how did china spread COVID 19 all over the world ...it's through them china people that like eating snake meat and they got infected with COVID 19 and the COVID 19 spread to other countries in the world and infected lot of people
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Jun 27
ufotunang:
..how did china spread COVID 19 all over the world ...it's through them china people that like eating snake meat and they got infected with COVID 19 and the COVID 19 spread to other countries in the world and infected lot of people
People have been eating snake meat for 1000s of years now so why associate it with COVID? undecided
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by nesphil(m): 12:49am On Jun 27
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by ufotunang: 12:53am On Jun 27
Kobojunkie:
People have been eating snake meat for 1000s of years now so why associate it with COVID? undecided
..china people got infected with COVID 19 through eating snake meat in which through china the covid 19 spread through all over the world and infected a lot of people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper / Sallah: Sellers Lament Low Patronage As Ram Costs Jump To ₦750,000

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.