Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,692 members, 7,892,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists (38910 Views)

Lagos Consumes N328 Billion Worth Of Beef Annually – Govt / The Bush Meats I Killed This Morning / 5 Unhealthy Meats You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Jun 27
ufotunang:
..china people got infected with COVID 19 through eating snake meat in which through china the covid 19 spread through all over the world and infected a lot of people
You are wrong! I suggest you stop going around spreading this misinformation. COVID-19 has nothing to do with snakes. undecided
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by chieni(f): 12:58am On Jun 27
OZIOGU1:

Are you a hunter?
Lol e reach to ask
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Sleekfingers: 1:02am On Jun 27
Caramia2020:
I pray that lizard n rat meat won't flood our market soon grin grin grin grin grin, this shege na shege banza.

Wetin you think say those guys selling meat pies for road , they put inside their pies? Don't be surprised....Na rat meat . ...
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Sleekfingers: 1:08am On Jun 27
OZIOGU1:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/24/snake-donkey-meats-flood-calabar-markets-as-high-cost-of-beef-persists/

Trash . So horse meat is cheaper than cow and ram meat abi? Do people breed horse for consumption in Nigeria?
Maybe a dead horse meat . How will they be getting a dead horse meat to meet up with the demands of meat consumption?

Snake meat are also expensive. .....

What's wrong with eating a donkey?
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Ezmans: 1:08am On Jun 27
Cross river governor sold them to evil apc
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Kobojunkie: 1:10am On Jun 27
Sleekfingers:
Trash . So horse meat is cheaper than cow and ram meat abi? Do people breed horse for consumption in Nigeria? Maybe a dead horse meat . How will they be getting a dead horse meat to meet up with the demands of meat consumption? Snake meat are also expensive. ..... What's wrong with eating a donkey?
The same cow meat that costs the lives of farmers as well as all their crops to get to you? If you consider that, horse meat is cheaper. undecided
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Sleekfingers: 1:12am On Jun 27
MrBachelor:
Chai!

Snake meat dey sweet sha.

Of course......I kinda like the taste.
Everytime , I visit Epe . I usually give a guy some money . The guy will arrange freshly killed snake and roast it for me.

1 Like

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by drimzsmoke(m): 1:37am On Jun 27
Emmabyte:
Make Snake and Donkey no vex na Tinubu and his happy slaves aka Yoruba cowards cos am

Cry, baby cry!!!

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Anatolia: 1:41am On Jun 27
Nigerians seem to have unlimited capacity to suffer. They will always look for substitutes instead of facing the real problems.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Emmabyte: 1:42am On Jun 27
Happy slave tomorrow now you will start protest
drimzsmoke:

Cry, baby cry!!!
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by 1972xy: 1:46am On Jun 27
I was expecting 404 to be number one.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Melonsmasher: 3:08am On Jun 27
Meat na meat grin
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Tapout(m): 6:21am On Jun 27
Elsueno:
I can easily recognise Cow, RAM, goat, camel meat etc....These are the most common meat in the market, anything else that doesn't look like these, I won't buy

Lol..you think they will put those kinds of meat for sale in your regular market? They know the people they sell it to, Mama put for example. This is where unsuspecting consumers dey chop am leak plate.

1 Like

Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by femi4: 7:09am On Jun 27
eliyke:
sad I think say dog na there favorite meat
Dem don upgrade
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by watchindelta(m): 7:19am On Jun 27
Jokers do you think horse 🐎 meat is cheap! Or donkey aha
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by CJStarz: 7:20am On Jun 27
Make Ebola no break out again o
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by tofolo(m): 8:47am On Jun 27
Elsueno:
I can easily recognise Cow, RAM, goat, camel meat etc....These are the most common meat in the market, anything else that doesn't look like these, I won't buy
dog meat is similar to goat, bro.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by descarado: 8:51am On Jun 27
GenFunction:
because of meat taste many pple tink say meat na alpha protein.
It has protein yes,but meat protein has categories of which chicken breast and turkey comes first before beef.
Also meat is kinda addictive. And our body tend to crave what it lacks so in this case, we go for beef cos that's what we grow up with.
Permesan cheese is packed with protein, it's even higher than soya beans.
Fish like tuna is extremely rich in protein. We just need to get it right. As we don't have tuna, mackerel is so good that some people think it's meant for the poor.
Again, if you can get your hand on liver, you are good to go. Between liver and egg, I don't know which one to choose honestly. All these are protein powerhouse.
Problem is no electricity to freeze the cheese in.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Maxtipulation(m): 8:52am On Jun 27
OZIOGU1:

Tufiakwa grin

Anambra man spotted
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by ComeToJesus: 8:58am On Jun 27
Make una manage am.

Afterall, I'm eating Buffalo meat steadily at my current location..
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by crossbreedwears(m): 9:07am On Jun 27
I've heard you oh
Elsueno:

Eager to learn, which parts are those?...

To me, these meats have very distinct smell?...It's especially hard to miss that of pork...its kinda unique.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by 7demons: 9:15am On Jun 27
frlday2:
Like in warri, any meat u buy around Agbaroh, ugheli, just know say na donkey 🐴 u dey buy dey chop. Infact it has enter warri. The day I saw were they are killing those donkey and those meat seller troop in there to buy I stop eating anything called meat in warri and it's environ
OMG!! cry
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Jalaw: 11:07am On Jun 27
RepoMan007:
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/6/abuja-shoprite-is-closing-down-due-to-the-current-business-climate-2.html

Abuja shoprite of all shoprite is closing down, who is Akwa Ibom not to try alternative protein?

The news says "Calabar" and you are calling Akwa Ibom
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by oilyngbati(m): 11:11am On Jun 27
eliyke:
sad I think say dog na there favorite meat
Mr ipob biafla man,,,learn the difference between ‘their and there’
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by DaveHarry(m): 11:33am On Jun 27
descarado:
Mushroom is a very good alternative. Pigeon pea is an excellent source of protein.
not readily available or seen at d market, mayb due to lesser cultivation. we at what is available
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Chetas81(m): 11:37am On Jun 27
WHEN THE CITIZEN REFUSED TO USE THEIR WISDOM, PAIN BECOME THEIR REWARD
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Chetas81(m): 11:39am On Jun 27
drimzsmoke:

Cry, baby cry!!!
stupidity and tribalism are now dating each other in Nigeria
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by sonofthunder: 12:15pm On Jun 27
OZIOGU1:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/24/snake-donkey-meats-flood-calabar-markets-as-high-cost-of-beef-persists/

But they eat these things to an extent normally so by what factor did it increase to state that they now flood the market?

If hunters put in more effort to catch game then the prices will also rise and likely meet up with the staple animal proteins I suppose.

Edited:
I don't know if they eat donkey though grin grin grin grin
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by GenFunction: 12:20pm On Jun 27
descarado:

It has protein yes,but meat protein has categories of which chicken breast and turkey comes first before beef.
Also meat is kinda addictive. And our body tend to crave what it lacks so in this case, we go for beef cos that's what we grow up with.
Permesan cheese is packed with protein, it's even higher than soya beans.
Fish like tuna is extremely rich in protein. We just need to get it right. As we don't have tuna, mackerel is so good that some people think it's meant for the poor.
Again, if you can get your hand on liver, you are good to go. Between liver and egg, I don't know which one to choose honestly. All these are protein powerhouse.
Problem is no electricity to freeze the cheese in.
Nice,tnks.i learnt somtin new..theres somtin abt breast,dnt u tink so?Anything lite 4 naija na God hand e dey or....
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by leisuretym: 1:54pm On Jun 27
grin cheesy
GenFunction:
pls wat is innocent about a snake? no make me look u one kind o
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by Ikpongiton: 4:08pm On Jun 27
You in Calabar is crying over high cost of meat , but you have fish that is better than cow meat,in abundance.
Re: Snake, Donkey Meats Flood Calabar Markets As High Cost Of Beef Persists by GenFunction: 4:24pm On Jun 27
leisuretym:
grin cheesy
Lol,nothing ba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper / Sallah: Sellers Lament Low Patronage As Ram Costs Jump To ₦750,000

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.