Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,109 members, 7,916,232 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:32 PM

*edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From (260 Views)

N70,000 Minimum Wage: We Can’t Pay Unless…. – Organised Private Sector Cries Out / Where Are The Savings From Subsidy Removal? - Obinna Chima / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From by UdabaPrince100: 7:14pm On Jun 24
Edo paying N70, 000 minimum wage, delivering projects, others with savings from reduced cost of governance, says Obaseki

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said the government is able to pay the new N70,000 minimum wage to Edo workers and fund the numerous developmental projects and other programmes initiated by his government to better the lives of the people from the savings from reducing the cost of governance.

Obaseki, who spoke to journalists in Benin City, said the State Government made plans for the minimum wage three years ago when the telltale signs began to show that the economy was going in the wrong direction.

According to him, “I am able to pay N70,000 because two or three years ago, I raised an alarm that we were resorting to massive borrowings, which will be inflationary in the long run. I predicted there will be massive devaluation of our currency.

“You will ask, if you knew this, what did you do? We knew it would translate into the demand for higher wages because of inflation and so we said, look, let's focus on building a much more efficient economy. Let’s focus on reducing our cost of governance. Let's focus on training our people and getting more productivity out of them.”

On efforts undertaken by his government to reduce the cost of governance, Obaseki said, “We have a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) where we purchased 5-10 megawatts of power, which we use to run all of government offices and the street lights at night. So, I don’t have to buy diesel.

“I have a fleet management service, my own Uber, where I have put my own transport system, our cars, and vehicles into one transport system. So, I’m running the government at a fraction of what I used to run the system in the past.”

He further stated, “The savings I'm making from that, I'm saying, you know what, my most valuable assets are my people, let me pay them more and get more productivity out of them. I am measuring teachers today in terms of learning outcomes.

“My teachers can’t be absent from school because I can see all that from my tablet, whether a teacher is in class or not. I can relate my drug programme, what I pay for medicines to what’s been dispensed in my primary healthcare centers because I've trained my people. I have invested in technology. We have hugely invested in technology infrastructure.”

The governor added, “We have 2000 kilometers of fiber optic cable laid across the State. Every local government is connected with fibre optic technology. So, I'm able to extend telemedicine to a PHC in a community and get my doctors on the system. Why are we doing this? It’s to bring a better life to our people and how do you do it? We can't make omelets without breaking eggs. So, once you decide that you want to make omelets, break the eggs. People will complain, but that's the way it goes.”
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said the government is able to pay the new N70,000 minimum wage to Edo workers and fund the numerous developmental projects and other programmes initiated by his government to better the lives of the people from the savings from reducing the cost of governance.

Obaseki, who spoke to journalists in Benin City, said the State Government made plans for the minimum wage three years ago when the telltale signs began to show that the economy was going in the wrong direction.

According to him, “I am able to pay N70,000 because two or three years ago, I raised an alarm that we were resorting to massive borrowings, which will be inflationary in the long run. I predicted there will be massive devaluation of our currency.

“You will ask, if you knew this, what did you do? We knew it would translate into the demand for higher wages because of inflation and so we said, look, let's focus on building a much more efficient economy. Let’s focus on reducing our cost of governance. Let's focus on training our people and getting more productivity out of them.”

On efforts undertaken by his government to reduce the cost of governance, Obaseki said, “We have a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) where we purchased 5-10 megawatts of power, which we use to run all of government offices and the street lights at night. So, I don’t have to buy diesel.

“I have a fleet management service, my own Uber, where I have put my own transport system, our cars, and vehicles into one transport system. So, I’m running the government at a fraction of what I used to run the system in the past.”

He further stated, “The savings I'm making from that, I'm saying, you know what, my most valuable assets are my people, let me pay them more and get more productivity out of them. I am measuring teachers today in terms of learning outcomes.

“My teachers can’t be absent from school because I can see all that from my tablet, whether a teacher is in class or not. I can relate my drug programme, what I pay for medicines to what’s been dispensed in my primary healthcare centers because I've trained my people. I have invested in technology. We have hugely invested in technology infrastructure.”

The governor added, “We have 2000 kilometers of fiber optic cable laid across the State. Every local government is connected with fibre optic technology. So, I'm able to extend telemedicine to a PHC in a community and get my doctors on the system. Why are we doing this? It’s to bring a better life to our people and how do you do it? We can't make omelets without breaking eggs. So, once you decide that you want to make omelets, break the eggs. People will complain, but that's the way it goes.”
Re: *edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From by Remman(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24
Someone has learnt from peter obi... I'm now seeing a generation of governors preparing for their future presidential bid with performance in office.

Nice one, we could end up with a better society if this continues.

1 Like

Re: *edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From by Jostoman: 7:35pm On Jun 24
God from Obaseki the peoples governor.
Re: *edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From by Chinjo2: 8:23pm On Jun 24
God bless Obaseki for being prudent with our common patrimony.

I know Asue Ighodalo will break Obaseki record of achievement.

Let Monday Okpebholo go back and complete his remaining 3 years in Senate and give way to a more competent person.

Olumide Akpata is just trying to ride on Peter Obi popularity but that has already failed because Obedients in Benin are really angry at Peter Obi for going against the principle of equity and fairness which was the reason why they supported him massively.
Re: *edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From by samwash(m): 9:26pm On Jun 24
What did I just read?
Which kind copy and paste journalism be this, reading 1st,2nd 3rd paragraph, also repeated the samething in 6th,7th&8th paragraph.
Reputation of word.

Now to the topic
Waytin I wan even talk self
Kodos to Obaseki for running a prudent type of governance, the guy nor want share money na make some party members nor like ham.
Some pple say this man nor do anything for Edo state but with time to come una go see say Obaseki don put very strong measure in place to better the lives of the pole of Edo state, when all the MOU don fully take effect.
Same Obaseki when first raise alarm say FG-Buhari dey print more naira notes & pushing it into a non-producing economy, but they attack him & denied it.
Re: *edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From by Godons1: 10:32pm On Jun 24
UdabaPrince100:
Edo paying N70, 000 minimum wage, delivering projects, others with savings from reduced cost of governance, says Obaseki
. People will complain, but that's the way it goes.”

Another lies and propaganda post from Obaseki's ass licker on nairaland. Obaseki is not paying 70k as minimum wage. He was unable to pay the 40k previous minimum wage, is it now 70k he will be able to pay?

Obaseki has been paying Edo workers in percentage for years now. Pensioners are the worst hit. They have been suffering since Obaseki resumed as Governor 8 years ago. Pensioners have been protesting in Ring Road Benin for years now.

Re: *edo Paying N70, 000 Minimum Wage, Delivering Projects, Others With Savings From by Godons1: 10:34pm On Jun 24
samwash:
What did I just read?
Which kind copy and paste journalism be this, reading 1st,2nd 3rd paragraph, also repeated the samething in 6th,7th&8th paragraph.
Reputation of word.

Now to the topic
Waytin I wan even talk self
Kodos to Obaseki for running a prudent type of governance, the guy nor want share money na make some party members nor like ham.
Some pple say this man nor do anything for Edo state but with time to come una go see say Obaseki don put very strong measure in place to better the lives of the pole of Edo state, when all the MOU don fully take effect.
Same Obaseki when first raise alarm say FG-Buhari dey print more naira notes & pushing it into a non-producing economy, but they attack him & denied it.

Where are the projects Obaseki made in Edo? Make una stop all these lies online. Na we dey Benin, na we know Whats-up. Obaseki did nothing in Edo

(1) (Reply)

This Is So Sad. See A Poetry Written About Nigeria / Please I Dey Beg The Igbos Make Them Join Protest / Minimum Wage And How Many Litres Of Petrol Could Be Bought- STATISENSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.