Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,396 members, 7,950,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:45 AM

Usa Visit Visa Part 5 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa Part 5 (34320 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by 99thEnemy(m): 2:49am On Jul 28
Gooddan516:

Iโ€™m a final year student, my parents will be sponsoring the tripโ€ฆ.and the reason for renewal of the visa is to go for another vacation
Keep your fingers crossed. sometimes I donโ€™t even understand their criteria because it sometimes seems as if there are things they have never come out to disclose.

I wish you the best of luck. I hope they grant you this time.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Manuelmarvyy(m): 8:36am On Jul 28
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. B1-B2 VISA requirements is the same worldwide. All you have to do is prove ties to the UK (especially) or your original country of origin and show availability of enough funds for your trip as well as purpose of trip.

2. If you have not lived up to 2 years as a resident in the UK before planning this trip it can be misinterpreted as a ploy to immigrate.

3. Look out for a better reason to visit USA ie on business conference or seminar, short employment /skill training , Xmas holiday, special medical check up , attending a relative graduation etc. required documents depend on purpose of trip.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

Xmas holiday
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Shemadex(m): 10:14am On Jul 28
Good morning my ppl
Pls I have a question
Pls is it compulsory I o
Hold my POF to the VO?

Nd am I goin to submit all documents I am going with all together without them asking
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 6:17pm On Jul 28
Arlington247:
Pls house
How long does it take B1/B2 visa interview appointment application approve.
I have application for the appointment interview date 2weeks ago am yet to get an email for approval

Check your spam box.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 6:17pm On Jul 28
ifyx12:

Hello, How does this INTERVIEW WAIVER thing work? I have also made my payment, uploaded the receipt number online, and submitted it for about 4 days now but at any point I log back in, it shows me the applicant's home page or landing page and sometimes it shows the home page and the option to continue as if the process hasn't been completed. I don't want to engage in double submissions hence my appeal.. Is there anything I need to do further? kindly help guys. thanks

Check your spam box for email on how to proceed.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 6:18pm On Jul 28
Shemadex:
Good morning my ppl
Pls I have a question
Pls is it compulsory I o
Hold my POF to the VO?

Nd am I goin to submit all documents I am going with all together without them asking

I W or normal interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Arlington247: 7:28pm On Jul 28
Pls house
How long does it take B1/B2 visa interview appointment application approve.
I have application for the appointment interview date 2weeks ago am yet to get an email for approval

Thanks I saw the approval email in my spam
Got October 2025 but am intended to visit my children July 2025 asper my application and already submitted it how do I edit the application with new travel date
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Hunnietoye: 8:39pm On Jul 28
Hi, am new here but truly love every bit of what I read here.
I am married with 3 kids and have b1b2 appointment in the middle of August.
My concern is that we live in Egypt but we r all coming to to Abuja for the interview.
Pls I need advise on how to answer if the VO ask โ€œwhy did you choose to come home to apply and not in your country of residence (Egypt)โ€. What should I respond?

Secondly, is stroller allowed into the interview arena for infant? since my last baby is yet walking (still under 9 month).
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Taal17: 10:15pm On Jul 28
Manuelmarvyy:

Xmas holiday

US visa process is not the same worldwide.

Look for the site for US embassy in the UK
They will state the process for booking appointment there and any other requirements there.

You can also post your question on the living in the UK thread on NL. You'll find others on skilled workers visa there

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Manuelmarvyy(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28
Taal17:

US visa process is not the same worldwide.

Look for the site for US embassy in the UK
They will state the process for booking appointment there and any other requirements there.

You can also post your question on the living in the UK thread on NL. You'll find others on skilled workers visa there
Many thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Mamabella: 11:51pm On Jul 28
Good day . Please what are the needed documents one should carry to the embassy for renewal of visa via Iw. Thank you for your response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by ifyx12: 1:23am On Jul 29
ifyx12:

Hello, How does this INTERVIEW WAIVER thing work? I have also made my payment, uploaded the receipt number online, and submitted it for about 4 days now but at any point I log back in, it shows me the applicant's home page or landing page and sometimes it shows the home page and the option to continue as if the process hasn't been completed. I don't want to engage in double submissions hence my appeal.. Is there anything I need to do further? kindly help guys. thanks

Can anyone throw more light on this subject? am kinda confused at this stage? How long after submission of ones receipt reference is one informed that they are approved for interview waiver to go drop passport at DHL? kindly assist guys . Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:23am On Jul 29
Hunnietoye:
Hi, am new here but truly love every bit of what I read here.
I am married with 3 kids and have b1b2 appointment in the middle of August.
My concern is that we live in Egypt but we r all coming to to Abuja for the interview.
Pls I need advise on how to answer if the VO ask โ€œwhy did you choose to come home to apply and not in your country of residence (Egypt)โ€. What should I respond?

Secondly, is stroller allowed into the interview arena for infant? since my last baby is yet walking (still under 9 month).

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. Consular officer does not usually ask such question, and ironically your family are attempting the right procedure because the USA embassies want all VISA applicants to apply as locals (in their countries of origin).

2. But if you have being living in Egypt For longer years and have established yourselves in the country then, the consular officer might throw the jab.

3. I doubts if the babystroller would be allowed in because even special people who need wheelchairs to aid their movements have to request for it at the embassy.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:14am On Jul 29
ifyx12:

Can anyone throw more light on this subject? am kinda confused at this stage? How long after submission of ones receipt reference is one informed that they are approved for interview waiver to go drop passport at DHL? kindly assist guys . Thanks

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. Use the Apply for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa link below to complete an application. During the scheduling process you will be asked questions confirming eligibility for IW and provided instructions on how to submit the application.

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria

2. All IW applicants must submit a DS-160 that is no more than six months old and that is accurately reflected in the applicantโ€™s online profile. USA embassy will not accept your visa application if you do not submit a current DS-160 with your application or if your online profile does not accurately reflect a current DS-160.

3. Applicants can only drop off Interview Waiver (IW) applications at the DHL Surulere, Isolo, Victoria Island and Abuja locations:

4. Applicants should allow up to 8 weeks for the interview waiver process to be completed. USA embassy will not be able to return your passport to you until processing is complete.

PS: If you have being following the guideline of regular appointment cancel and reschedule and follow the prompt questions asking you for IW qualifications.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by ifyx12: 3:35am On Jul 29
[quote author=OyoTunjiUSA post=131197301]

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. Use the Apply for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa link below to complete an application. During the scheduling process you will be asked questions confirming eligibility for IW and provided instructions on how to submit the application.

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria

2. All IW applicants must submit a DS-160 that is no more than six months old and that is accurately reflected in the applicantโ€™s online profile. USA embassy will not accept your visa application if you do not submit a current DS-160 with your application or if your online profile does not accurately reflect a current DS-160.

3. Applicants can only drop off Interview Waiver (IW) applications at the DHL Surulere, Isolo, Victoria Island and Abuja locations:

4. Applicants should allow up to 8 weeks for the interview waiver process to be completed. USA embassy will not be able to return your passport to you until processing is complete.

PS: If you have being following the guideline of regular appointment cancel and reschedule and follow the prompt questions asking you for IW qualifications.

Thanks Bros for your response. I need clarity for No 3. I have filled using the website as per No 1 above and submitted it after paying my fees and answering the necessary questions wherein I was told that I may qualify for dropbox, I was informed that an email would be sent to me and till date(after 6 days ), I haven't seen the email. that's why I am curious and need this guidance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Heenarhmoj: 5:08am On Jul 29
Hello everyone. Please I need help as I donโ€™t know where to start from, but this is my story. ๐Ÿ˜ This is my first time applying for a US visa. Iโ€™d be going to visit my friend and boyfriend who is also in the US Army. I recently just moved from the UK to Canada as a PR about 2 months ago. I was in the UK for almost 3years before moving to Calgary. I currently work from home as a customer service rep. I have started filling the DS-160 form but I just want to know the process and if I stand a chance of approval considering that Iโ€™ve just moved.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by metaverse2: 5:26am On Jul 29
Heenarhmoj:
Hello everyone. Please I need help as I donโ€™t know where to start from, but this is my story. ๐Ÿ˜ This is my first time applying for a US visa. Iโ€™d be going to visit my friend and boyfriend who is also in the US Army. I recently just moved from the UK to Canada as a PR about 2 months ago. I was in the UK for almost 3years before moving to Calgary. I currently work from home as a customer service rep. I have started filling the DS-160 form but I just want to know the process and if I stand a chance of approval considering that Iโ€™ve just moved.

It doesn't matter that you just moved two months ago. You have a PR which is a strong tie to canada.

With your Canadian PR, you should get a 10year B1/B2 even with your Nigerian passport.

Working from home is not unusual in the western world, that shouldn't pose a barrier.

By and large, go for it

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:51am On Jul 29
ifyx12:

๐Ÿค 

Check spam emails.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:05am On Jul 29
Heenarhmoj:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. As a PR in Canada you are not holding a Canadian citizenship yet. Fine , you have all the rights of a Canadian citizens except voting. The idea behind giving you a Canada PR is for you to stay and work in Canada without the need to worry about VISA and related issues. Extended absence in Canada can get a PR revoked.

2. That aside. I also want you to understand that the USA and Canada share the most security informations and many many Canadian citizens, Permanent residents , and professional workers who looks suspicious, have criminal history or does not have a meaningful reasons for visiting the USA have gotten " Entry denied" and the measures are still in place.

3. Therefore, the USA B-2 VISA you are seeking is not automatic because the USA immigration authorities will look at you exactly as a Nigerian.

4. If i am paid as a professional to give you advice then to me, 2- months is too soon to want to obtain a USA tourist VISA on a flimsy excuse to visiting your friend and a USA Army boyfriend.

5. You can be communicating with your friends via social media platforms and wait till Xmas holiday to visit UNITED STATES. Your USA Army boyfriend can even initiate visiting you.
Use this period to assimilate yourself with Canada, more jobs, bank accounts, driving licence, residency rules etc.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 2:05pm On Jul 29
ifyx12:

Please check your spam box. The mail will be there.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 2:09pm On Jul 29
Mamabella:
Good day . Please what are the needed documents one should carry to the embassy for renewal of visa via Iw. Thank you for your response.

You are to drop your documents in the DHL office.

1. Your passport that has the expired visa. If you have a new passport still go with the one with the visa if not they will not attend to you.

2. Ds 160 confirmation letter

3. Appointment confirmation

4. One 5x5 passport pic. ( white background)

5. You can also add your gtb receipt ( they usually don't ask for it but you can never tell).

NB - Go through your Appointment confirmation letter.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by metaverse2: 2:14pm On Jul 29
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

1. As a PR in Canada you are not holding a Canadian citizenship yet. Fine , you have all the rights of a Canadian citizens except voting. The idea behind giving you a Canada PR is for you to stay and work in Canada without the need to worry about VISA and related issues. Extended absence in Canada can get a PR revoked.

2. That aside. I also want you to understand that the USA and Canada share the most security informations and many many Canadian citizens, Permanent residents , and professional workers who looks suspicious, have criminal history or does not have a meaningful reasons for visiting the USA have gotten " Entry denied" and the measures are still in place.

3. Therefore, the USA B-2 VISA you are seeking is not automatic because the USA immigration authorities will look at you exactly as a Nigerian.

4. If i am paid as a professional to give you advice then to me, 2- months is too soon to want to obtain a USA tourist VISA on a flimsy excuse to visiting your friend and a USA Army boyfriend.

5. You can be communicating with your friends via social media platforms and wait till Xmas holiday to visit UNITED STATES. Your USA Army boyfriend can even initiate visiting you.
Use this period to assimilate yourself with Canada, more jobs, bank accounts, driving licence, residency rules etc.

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™
Canada dont revoke PR. You only need to spend 2years out of the last five years in Canada. Even if you didn't spend up to that before your card expires and you are already in Canada, You are still a PR. You will just make sure you spend more time.to complete two years out of last five years before you apply for renewal.

As it were, she can even stay away for one year, nobody cares .

As per her B1B2, she is good to go. She spent 3years in UK already and now a Canadian PR, she has a very good chance and will most likely be approved.

She will get 10 years validity so go for it.

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Arrowhead12: 5:01pm On Jul 29
Thank you.

NoseDive2Succes:

Hello

Children under 14 does not have to create a ustraveldoc profile also they are not supposed to appear for interview but the US Consulate are trying to change the rule.

If all of you are applying together you must first fill the online ds 160 and submit but do not exit the submission page and add your children detail to it before submission. You also must fill different ds 160 form for individual child.

After that open your ustraveldoc to book appointment and add your children as travel companions then print out the appointment letter at the end. Regards.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Arrowhead12: 5:04pm On Jul 29
Thank you.

NoseDive2Succes:

Hello

Children under 14 does not have to create a ustraveldoc profile also they are not supposed to appear for interview but the US Consulate are trying to change the rule.

If all of you are applying together you must first fill the online ds 160 and submit but do not exit the submission page and add your children detail to it before submission. You also must fill different ds 160 form for individual child.

After that open your ustraveldoc to book appointment and add your children as travel companions then print out the appointment letter at the end. Regards.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by MDjay: 5:34pm On Jul 29
Please is there any group that I can join to check for visa interview dates in Aug 2024?
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Mamabella: 6:17pm On Jul 29
flourishing247:

You are to drop your documents in the DHL office.

1. Your passport that has the expired visa. If you have a new passport still go with the one with the visa if not they will not attend to you.

2. Ds 160 confirmation letter

3. Appointment confirmation

4. One 5x5 passport pic. ( white background)

5. You can also add your gtb receipt ( they usually don't ask for it but you can never tell).

NB - Go through your Appointment confirmation letter.
Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:40pm On Jul 29
metaverse2:
Canada dont revoke PR. You only need to spend 2years out of the last five years in Canada. Even if you didn't spend up to that before your card expires and you are already in Canada, You are still a PR. You will just make sure you spend more time.to complete two years out of last five years before you apply for renewal.

As it were, she can even stay away for one year, nobody cares .

As per her B1B2, she is good to go. She spent 3years in UK already and now a Canadian PR, she has a very good chance and will most likely be approved.

She will get 10 years validity so go for it.

๐Ÿค 

@metarverse2

* Thank you for your observation. We are learning every days. Can you pls shed light on this ?

1. What happens to the PR card of a newly arrived 30 yr old man in Canada who was caught molesting a minor?

2. What happens (to the citizenship of) a naturalised Canadian citizen who was caught trying to detonate explosive in the public ?

3. USA embassy grants Nigerians 5 year B1-B2. Do you mean as a Nigerian living in Canada you are entitle to a 10 years B1-B2 VISA ?

4. What is the business of the USA embassy in Canada with the 3 years she spent in the UK ?

Awaiting your reply sir.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by metaverse2: 9:56pm On Jul 29
OyoTunjiUSA:

๐Ÿค 

@metarverse2

* Thank you for your observation. We are learning every days. Can you pls shed light on this ?

1. What happens to the PR card of a newly arrived 30 yr old man in Canada who was caught molesting a minor?

2. What happens (to the citizenship of) a naturalised Canadian citizen who was caught trying to detonate explosive in the public ?

3. USA embassy grants Nigerians 5 year B1-B2. Do you mean as a Nigerian living in Canada you are entitle to a 10 years B1-B2 VISA ?

4. What is the business of the USA embassy in Canada with the 3 years she spent in the UK ?

Awaiting your reply sir.
How does detonating a explosive relates to the B1B2 application of the person you are talking about?

What is the meaning of all these questions? To prove what?

Anyway, even if you are caught detonating a bomb or molesting a minor, you don't automatically lose your status. After your criminal conviction, an immigration court will still have to sit on your PR before it can be revoked.

And this has nothing to do with the lady. She is just trying to visit her boyfriend. She has been in UK so the immigration officer is aware she just immigrated as a PR but she has been living in a western country prior to that so her chances of violating her visa status and jeopardising her Canadian PR is slim . She was earlier established in a western country so she will be granted the visa all things being equal.

Canadian PR holders are entitled to 10yr B1B2 regardless of nationalities ( unless the Consular uses discretion to reduce it)

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by fkj950ax(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29
A Nigerian that just acquired Canadian PR status can travel to the US as a visitor.
The rule to retain the PR and work towards Citizenship is to be physically present in Canada for 730 days within 5 years. You can travel as much as you want as long as you can make 730 days in 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29
metaverse2:
How does detonating a explosive relates to the B1B2 application of the person you are talking about?

What is the meaning of all these questions? To prove what?

Anyway, even if you are caught detonating a bomb or molesting a minor, you don't automatically lose your status. After your criminal conviction, an immigration court will still have to sit on your PR before it can be revoked.

And this has nothing to do with the lady. She is just trying to visit her boyfriend. She has been in UK so the immigration officer is aware she just immigrated as a PR but she has been living in a western country prior to that so her chances of violating her visa status and jeopardising her Canadian PR is slim . She was earlier established in a western country so she will be granted the visa all things being equal.

Canadian PR holders are entitled to 10yr B1B2 regardless of nationalities ( unless the Consular uses discretion to reduce it)

๐Ÿค 

Take it easy sir. We are not quarrelling. I don't want to push you further but i disagree totally with your last part. Show USA embassy in Canada or the official link that says all PR holders in Canada gets 10 yr tourist regardless of nationality. Remember , you are getting the visa inside your Nigerian passport. ?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by MhizzB: 10:19pm On Jul 29
The available date in Lagos in November 2025, I kinda want my mum to visit by February, is it gonna be an issue to look for date in Cotonou
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Zaza905: 11:27pm On Jul 29
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey ๐Ÿค 

Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™

What a weird post, they should definitely apply for a US visa as soon as possible, esp since there is a wait for getting an interview. If you have PR getting a US visa will be easy, since having PR is a big incentive to not overstay or work illegally in the US. US visa officers will view her as a Nigerian with Canadian PR.

As a Canadian visiting the US is not a big deal, we go over there for.day trips etc or sometimes just to eat dinner and go back if you live in places like Windsor. Also, having a US visit visa is important as you might have to go to the US for work trips, to catch a flight etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply)

Umahi Inspects Ebonyi International Airport, Promises To Complete It / Accident In Edo Involving Dangote Motor & Other Cars (Photo) / Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.